Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Poles apart I agree.
I will be watching Liverpool later on, it seems strange (to say the least, lol) my supporting Man U, but I love Liverpool FC.
Hope to God no Man U fans are reading this! The rivalry is something else.
Taking football for a minute, you wouldn't believe this, I was talking to a really nice couple from Yorkshire not long ago, and happenedo mention I support Manchester United....they just walked off! I mean...I am hardly a soccer hooligan..lol.
lol,,Liverpool are playing Villa aren't they?,should be a good game considering Villa's result against Arsenal..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
What to do today as it's persisting down outside,was going to go metal detecting.As the wife's away might just stroll down the pub give my liver some abuse..
Went metal detecting over the downs the other day found a 1927 sixpence and a 1952 Halfpenny I will find that Roman hoard and Celtic Torque one day,that reminds me wonder what a rods is up to lately..
That sounds like fun with the metal detector or the pub :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>of course it's the poeple;s fault .. but if they did not have guns in their possesion, then they might not have commited any of those crimes.
It was already illegal for them to have the guns! Criminals don't obey the law. If your uncle didn't have balls he would be your aunt :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two ways of looking at it aren't there Krypteia...
I am thinking of how the Romanies have been treated all their lives, and they are a proud race, but if as you say, these people
are a different cup of tea altogether then all I can say is, they are responsible for their own actions, they repeat what they did at the previous stop-over and they get moved on, simple as that. Big mistake to intervene.
and well done Spurs...just shows can be done without the Mighty Bale!
Good morning El. I have always been interested in people who keep their self separate and live by their own rules. We have Gypsies here too.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

tallyho wrote:
PERCEPTION: barber talking to customer
about how dumb the youth is today..
to prove it he calls the shoe/shine boy over
"which do you want" these two quarters or this one paper dollar.......the boy takes the two quarters
customer catches the boy and asked him
" how long has it been going on" oh about a year now almost every day..
"why" the boy says "the day I take the dollar , that is the day the game is over
so who is the wisest
A silver dollar must be worth over 10 dollars. When they started putting copper in the coinage we were in real trouble. I know of no currency that you can trade for silver or metal. Silver certificates are gone

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It was already illegal for them to have the guns! Criminals don't obey the law. If your uncle didn't have balls he would be your aunt :)
how about uncle tony by day and aunt toni at night

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>A silver dollar must be worth over 10 dollars. When they started putting copper in the coinage we were in real trouble. I know of no currency that you can trade for silver or metal. Silver certificates are gone
it isn't what the coin is made of , but it's promised backing .. it takes decades and a buyer's desire to make a coin valuable

now about the silver cert...
this is why we don't honor any more

Hunt brothers had borrowed heavily to finance their ... the brothers were found responsible for civil charges of conspiracy to corner the market in silver.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
it isn't what the coin is made of , but it's promised backing .. it takes decades and a buyer's desire to make a coin valuable
now about the silver cert...
this is why we don't honor any more
Hunt brothers had borrowed heavily to finance their ... the brothers were found responsible for civil charges of conspiracy to corner the market in silver.
It used to be what the coin was made of but a gold coin or a silver coin was it's metal value. A twenty dollar gold piece had $20 worth of gold. I know of no country that uses that system any more

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>this reminded me, I just saw a programme on the life of Muhammed.. and the producers were trying to figure out why there is such a schism in how muslims interpret islam. A very interesting program.
one of the key things seems to be the interpretatoin of the word jihad" ... which based on how it sued in the QUoran seems to mean "a struggle for survival but also a struggle for improvement, especially in the eyes of god" whereas the extremists seem to apply it to the 3 wars that Muhammed and his small following had during his lifetime in order to defend themselves from possibly being massacred.
had they lost any one of those battles and Muhammed been killed, Islam might not even exist today.
So the extremists seem to see Jihad as a justificatoin for fighting a holy war.
Thanks Franko.

Yes,
Very interesting the differences..

Your quote>>

"Had they lost any one of those battles,
Islam might not even exist today"

Strange when we consider that most all religions have to
be a struggle and give off such negative vibes and orders
on how to behave..dress.. Live..

Better be free and without all of it..

Took me a while to find that out..
(when one is reared from babyhood into a
any particular religion)

But I did, eventually.

This was interesting, to say the least..

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/violence...

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss the old money don't you Krypteia, it had character.
Anyway, well done finding those coins, it's a start, do
you ever watch Time Team, they are always finding Roman Villas
all round the South of England, some they claim belonged to the
Ancient Britons who had modelled their life on the Roman ways.
Love that programme. Take it easy at the pub..they say it's going to clear up later....:)
Good Saturday afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers. Football score in progress on U.S. color TV: Liverpool 1, Aston(Ashton?)Villa nil. Approaching final 20 minutes when starting this post. Until just now, I've waited several minutes to get a clarification on which half and how much time left. I still can't tell definitely if it is Aston or Ashton. I guess my ears need fine-tuned.

When America PBS broadcast a 4 part Time Time: America investigating historical sites here (with a subsequent 2nd season later) it was quite interesting and entertaining. Then PBS broadcast of couple of shows of (British) Time Team, the genesis of "our" show. That was pretty neat too. Unfortunately, I saw news in June that Dr. Mick Aston passed away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Aston

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Poles apart I agree.
I will be watching Liverpool later on, it seems strange (to say the least, lol) my supporting Man U, but I love Liverpool FC.
Hope to God no Man U fans are reading this! The rivalry is something else.
Taking football for a minute, you wouldn't believe this, I was talking to a really nice couple from Yorkshire not long ago, and happenedo mention I support Manchester United....they just walked off! I mean...I am hardly a soccer hooligan..lol.
Doh! lol...

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. I have always been interested in people who keep their self separate and live by their own rules. We have Gypsies here too.
and the Amish ... which makes the rest of us "the English".

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I was trying to figure out what caused that typo, had no idea. But it led to some fun in the kitchen ... I was wondering if someone would proclaim El's Yard a nudist colony?
.....and who knew the Muslims sued over jihad!:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>'talk' has pretty much been flowing in a positive way the last couple of days. Grace (#29338) and El (#29342) says "all good". Franko echos in #29373 "we always seem to get through it"

"This tension"? Is "this tension" less acceptable than "other tension"?

collapse?... hardly.
For the the kitchen I would say yes, this tension is less acceptable than other tension because THIS kitchen used to be friendly and generally tension free as opposed to other topix threads.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the the kitchen I would say yes, this tension is less acceptable than other tension because THIS kitchen used to be friendly and generally tension free as opposed to other topix threads.
Quincy.....will you please stop going on about tension...lol.
I am getting really stressed out..hahahaha

Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your probably right about other threads,this one has always been more light hearted shall we say with the odd disagreement..I tend to keep away from taking sides and so on,only one on off beat I can genuinely say I despised and that was that bully Noel Vail I think his name was a very obnoxious odious little man..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>the kaln is in a holy war, has nothing to do with Christianity in fact it is hypocritical for them to call themselves Christians
who mentioned christianity? Not me ...

what is a kaln?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Saturday afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers. Football score in progress on U.S. color TV: Liverpool 1, Aston(Ashton?)Villa nil. Approaching final 20 minutes when starting this post. Until just now, I've waited several minutes to get a clarification on which half and how much time left. I still can't tell definitely if it is Aston or Ashton. I guess my ears need fine-tuned.
When America PBS broadcast a 4 part Time Time: America investigating historical sites here (with a subsequent 2nd season later) it was quite interesting and entertaining. Then PBS broadcast of couple of shows of (British) Time Team, the genesis of "our" show. That was pretty neat too. Unfortunately, I saw news in June that Dr. Mick Aston passed away.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Aston
All you need to do is look at the game clock. WHen they start the second half they don't reset he clock to zero , the second half starrts with 45 minutes on the clock.... so if it shows 54 minutes you know you are in the second half.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and who knew the Muslims sued over jihad!:-)
yep, I made a typo too!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Amish ... which makes the rest of us "the English".
Have you been watching Breaking Amish?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••