|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops!:(. Big bad typo .... or topix auto correct. I meant best BUDS!
I was trying to figure out what caused that typo, had no idea. But it led to some fun in the kitchen ... I was wondering if someone would proclaim El's Yard a nudist colony?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the verge of collapse due to all this tension
we always seem to get through it ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Krypt in Oklahoma two black teens age 15 and 17 shot a dog for fun and the shop and killed a white college student while he was jogging. They did it for fun because they were bored. Naturally the liberals blame objects and not the murders. It was the guns fault
of course it's the poeple;s fault .. but if they did not have guns in their possesion, then they might not have commited any of those crimes.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps that group could be nicely asked to go back and clan up the park, seeing as they made the mess? If asked nicely, they might react better than one expects?
This makes me think of yet another thing I learned from the show about Muhammed.
near the end of his life he went back to the city he originally escaped from, Mecca ... but he wanted to negotiate the peaceful return to be allowed to worship at the place most of the city residents went to worship.
Apparently this led to a final confrontation with the most powerful clan who basically ran Mecca. This confrontation led to the defeat of that clan, which openned the door for Muslims to be able to live in that city again.
Muhammed could have killed ALL HiS ENEMIES AT THIS STAGE, BUT INSTEAD HE LET THEM LIVE AND PREACHED FORGIVeNESS of his enemie's past deeds.
I think this was an example that should be followed by all muslims (indeed, all poeple of any faith), as he set the example. If muslims all acted this way, then all these revenge killings over the past centuries would not have been done ... poeple would have gone to war only for self defence, and they would have been more merciful in victory.
That multi-part program was shown in my area this week. I passed on it because I had seen it at a previous broadcasting. It was a good show I remember. Not long ago, a similar program about the Buddha was re-broadcast. I had seen that one previously too.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Krypt in Oklahoma two black teens age 15 and 17 shot a dog for fun and the shop and killed a white college student while he was jogging. They did it for fun because they were bored. Naturally the liberals blame objects and not the murders. It was the guns fault
Going off the cliff again, eh ... who (besides these thugs' parents --'He's a good kid') do not recognize/admit that they did this? Who?

These sociopaths have a similar excuse a young woman did years ago who shot grade-school kids in the school yard across the street -- "I don't like Mondays." Not too different from Adam Lanza, really; or any other psycho-sociopath.

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>nothing that is worthwhile comes easy
Get over yourself
<< squints >> Royal Oak??'SLACK' now, instead of LIM

*drums fingers* I'm not sure this smells fishy enough!

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the verge of collapse due to all this tension
'talk' has pretty much been flowing in a positive way the last couple of days. Grace (#29338) and El (#29342) says "all good". Franko echos in #29373 "we always seem to get through it"

"This tension"? Is "this tension" less acceptable than "other tension"?

collapse?... hardly.

“My Heart is Overflowing”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

With LOVE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

They would think Gangsta If I got a hold of their behinds..crazy kids now days...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>this reminded me, I just saw a programme on the life of Muhammed.. and the producers were trying to figure out why there is such a schism in how muslims interpret islam. A very interesting program.
one of the key things seems to be the interpretatoin of the word jihad" ... which based on how it sued in the QUoran seems to mean "a struggle for survival but also a struggle for improvement, especially in the eyes of god" whereas the extremists seem to apply it to the 3 wars that Muhammed and his small following had during his lifetime in order to defend themselves from possibly being massacred.
had they lost any one of those battles and Muhammed been killed, Islam might not even exist today.
So the extremists seem to see Jihad as a justificatoin for fighting a holy war.
the kaln is in a holy war, has nothing to do with Christianity in fact it is hypocritical for them to call themselves Christians
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
<< squints >> Royal Oak??'SLACK' now, instead of LIM
*drums fingers* I'm not sure this smells fishy enough!
its from my Iphone, out of town business dinner

typin on that thing is a B

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
DEN, info your pal slack/oooooooops lim here
always is on anyone who watches FOX,

well here he uses them as his source....

scoring at home
Hoffman Estates, IL
5 hrs ago..........
army veteran, actually.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/23/veteran -...

“Some Beach”

Level 4

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Princess Hey wrote:
They would think Gangsta If I got a hold of their behinds..crazy kids now days...
Do not mean to butt in here,,but if my child needs its butt busted not beat,,,she is gonna get it,,,
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps that group could be nicely asked to go back and clan up the park, seeing as they made the mess? If asked nicely, they might react better than one expects?
This makes me think of yet another thing I learned from the show about Muhammed.
near the end of his life he went back to the city he originally escaped from, Mecca ... but he wanted to negotiate the peaceful return to be allowed to worship at the place most of the city residents went to worship.
Apparently this led to a final confrontation with the most powerful clan who basically ran Mecca. This confrontation led to the defeat of that clan, which openned the door for Muslims to be able to live in that city again.
Muhammed could have killed ALL HiS ENEMIES AT THIS STAGE, BUT INSTEAD HE LET THEM LIVE AND PREACHED FORGIVeNESS of his enemie's past deeds.
I think this was an example that should be followed by all muslims (indeed, all poeple of any faith), as he set the example. If muslims all acted this way, then all these revenge killings over the past centuries would not have been done ... poeple would have gone to war only for self defence, and they would have been more merciful in victory.
I'm sorry Franko these people and I use the word people lightly are a law amongst themselves and have no respect for anyone or anyone's property..
As for the so called pedo prophet Mohammed and muslims best leave it there mate..
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

What to do today as it's persisting down outside,was going to go metal detecting.As the wife's away might just stroll down the pub give my liver some abuse..
Went metal detecting over the downs the other day found a 1927 sixpence and a 1952 Halfpenny I will find that Roman hoard and Celtic Torque one day,that reminds me wonder what a rods is up to lately..

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
What to do today as it's persisting down outside,was going to go metal detecting.As the wife's away might just stroll down the pub give my liver some abuse..
Went metal detecting over the downs the other day found a 1927 sixpence and a 1952 Halfpenny I will find that Roman hoard and Celtic Torque one day,that reminds me wonder what a rods is up to lately..
I miss the old money don't you Krypteia, it had character.
Anyway, well done finding those coins, it's a start, do
you ever watch Time Team, they are always finding Roman Villas
all round the South of England, some they claim belonged to the
Ancient Britons who had modelled their life on the Roman ways.
Love that programme. Take it easy at the pub..they say it's going to clear up later....:)

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>What I don't understand El is they manage get benefits where ever they turn up on tap,but totally agree with you that the benefits should be stopped for damage and so on...What infuriates me is they can break the padlock and chain to enter parks etc and no arrests for trespass or damage but if I was to do it I'd get my collar felt...A designated place is a good idea but the problem I have is it's our taxes paying for it,because if you ask them to contribute they'd laugh in your face..
My brother comes back off holiday tomorrow,he's had two weeks in the Emerald Isle his house isn't to far away either and he's not as understanding as me,lol,,
On a better note good win for the mighty Spurs...xx
There are two ways of looking at it aren't there Krypteia...
I am thinking of how the Romanies have been treated all their lives, and they are a proud race, but if as you say, these people
are a different cup of tea altogether then all I can say is, they are responsible for their own actions, they repeat what they did at the previous stop-over and they get moved on, simple as that. Big mistake to intervene.

and well done Spurs...just shows can be done without the Mighty Bale!

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

1IrishRebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Ayers singing the Bob Dylan song, Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat.
" ... it balances on your head like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine ... your brand new leopard skin pill box hat".
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very nice indeed.....but being an ardent Bob Dylan fan......

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
:) "STREUETH" -- when I read you starting a post with thus, I'm fondly reminded of my past Yahoo! message board posting experience.
Once upon time in a couple of those threads I posted in, a contingent of 5 or 6 posters from "somewhere else" in the vast Yahoo! posting environment added themselves to the mix of the 'regulars'.
One was purportedly a gal from Liverpool-ish married to a footballer bloke. He played for a Chilean club. They lived in Santiago where she taught, possibly at college level. Others of that bunch proclaimed that much was true, by public and private communications.
She was a T.S. Eliot fanatic. And would write some of the most outrageous posts.
She often started a post: "STRUTH"
Good times.
Bound to miss someone such as that....sounds a 'character'.
I have every admiration for T.S. Eliot myself, very ahead of his
time imo. Shades of the Welsh poets in many of his works. Deep.
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two ways of looking at it aren't there Krypteia...
I am thinking of how the Romanies have been treated all their lives, and they are a proud race, but if as you say, these people
are a different cup of tea altogether then all I can say is, they are responsible for their own actions, they repeat what they did at the previous stop-over and they get moved on, simple as that. Big mistake to intervene.
and well done Spurs...just shows can be done without the Mighty Bale!
I think the Romanies are different from Pikies El what I can gather..
Will miss Bale but think we got a good team in the making,just wish he was English,lol

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>I think the Romanies are different from Pikies El what I can gather..
Will miss Bale but think we got a good team in the making,just wish he was English,lol
Poles apart I agree.

I will be watching Liverpool later on, it seems strange (to say the least, lol) my supporting Man U, but I love Liverpool FC.
Hope to God no Man U fans are reading this! The rivalry is something else.
Taking football for a minute, you wouldn't believe this, I was talking to a really nice couple from Yorkshire not long ago, and happenedo mention I support Manchester United....they just walked off! I mean...I am hardly a soccer hooligan..lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,781 - 28,800 of34,756
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••