El's Kitchen

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#29362 Aug 23, 2013
GOD: another Marine reported for duty Sir

Police in Spokane, Wash., say they have arrested one of two teens suspected of fatally beating an 88-year-old veteran of World War II who had survived the Battle of Okinawa.

Authorities say the two young men, between 16 and 19 years old, approached Delbert Belton in his car Wednesday night outside an Eagles Lodge as he was waiting for a friend.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#29363 Aug 23, 2013
not a shame to say I cried
SLACK

Midland, MI

#29364 Aug 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the verge of collapse due to all this tension
nothing that is worthwhile comes easy

Get over yourself

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#29365 Aug 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I had to look twice at this Franko, I mis-read and thought
you said DECAPITATE...I thought...a bit severe for nicking
some ice-cream, LOL.
Bore Da a Chi. Maen Brave.
It seems like misreadings or interesting typos abounded lately ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#29366 Aug 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops!:(. Big bad typo .... or topix auto correct. I meant best BUDS!
LOL

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#29367 Aug 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>What I don't understand El is they manage get benefits where ever they turn up on tap,but totally agree with you that the benefits should be stopped for damage and so on...What infuriates me is they can break the padlock and chain to enter parks etc and no arrests for trespass or damage but if I was to do it I'd get my collar felt...A designated place is a good idea but the problem I have is it's our taxes paying for it,because if you ask them to contribute they'd laugh in your face..
My brother comes back off holiday tomorrow,he's had two weeks in the Emerald Isle his house isn't to far away either and he's not as understanding as me,lol,,
On a better note good win for the mighty Spurs...xx
Krypt in Oklahoma two black teens age 15 and 17 shot a dog for fun and the shop and killed a white college student while he was jogging. They did it for fun because they were bored. Naturally the liberals blame objects and not the murders. It was the guns fault

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

True Friends Are hard to find

#29368 Aug 23, 2013
hello friends..hope all is good..dont worry about crying Tally..doesnt mean you are weak or a sissy..it takes a man to cry..that was so sad..dont understand whats wrong with young kids these days..one thing as parents we dont have the right to spank and correct our own children..well Im sorry if mine they would lock me up because I would and have raised mine with the hand across the behind..wow....our elders are so disrespected..very sad..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#29369 Aug 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha a!
That is SO funny..
All I could think of was The Taliban!! Lol
this reminded me, I just saw a programme on the life of Muhammed.. and the producers were trying to figure out why there is such a schism in how muslims interpret islam. A very interesting program.

one of the key things seems to be the interpretatoin of the word jihad" ... which based on how it sued in the QUoran seems to mean "a struggle for survival but also a struggle for improvement, especially in the eyes of god" whereas the extremists seem to apply it to the 3 wars that Muhammed and his small following had during his lifetime in order to defend themselves from possibly being massacred.

had they lost any one of those battles and Muhammed been killed, Islam might not even exist today.

So the extremists seem to see Jihad as a justificatoin for fighting a holy war.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#29370 Aug 23, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
hello friends..hope all is good..dont worry about crying Tally..doesnt mean you are weak or a sissy..it takes a man to cry..that was so sad..dont understand whats wrong with young kids these days..one thing as parents we dont have the right to spank and correct our own children..well Im sorry if mine they would lock me up because I would and have raised mine with the hand across the behind..wow....our elders are so disrespected..very sad..
The thug culture and glorification of violence creates these terrible acts. They want to be Gansta

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#29371 Aug 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you El,unfortunately this lot were moved on from a town two miles away and the filth they left behind was disgusting and it's the local people's hard earned money In council tax clears up after these loafers that don't contribute a single penny,they pax no tax as no fixed address so it's us that pay for their lifestyle and they demand rights to upset everyone....There was supposed to be a football match in that park last night that people pay for these parks but hey not that they care all one big freebie and destruction ,the field is churned up so god knows how much that is going to cost..
perhaps that group could be nicely asked to go back and clan up the park, seeing as they made the mess? If asked nicely, they might react better than one expects?

This makes me think of yet another thing I learned from the show about Muhammed.

near the end of his life he went back to the city he originally escaped from, Mecca ... but he wanted to negotiate the peaceful return to be allowed to worship at the place most of the city residents went to worship.

Apparently this led to a final confrontation with the most powerful clan who basically ran Mecca. This confrontation led to the defeat of that clan, which openned the door for Muslims to be able to live in that city again.

Muhammed could have killed ALL HiS ENEMIES AT THIS STAGE, BUT INSTEAD HE LET THEM LIVE AND PREACHED FORGIVeNESS of his enemie's past deeds.

I think this was an example that should be followed by all muslims (indeed, all poeple of any faith), as he set the example. If muslims all acted this way, then all these revenge killings over the past centuries would not have been done ... poeple would have gone to war only for self defence, and they would have been more merciful in victory.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#29372 Aug 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops!:(. Big bad typo .... or topix auto correct. I meant best BUDS!
I was trying to figure out what caused that typo, had no idea. But it led to some fun in the kitchen ... I was wondering if someone would proclaim El's Yard a nudist colony?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#29373 Aug 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
we always seem to get through it ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#29374 Aug 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Krypt in Oklahoma two black teens age 15 and 17 shot a dog for fun and the shop and killed a white college student while he was jogging. They did it for fun because they were bored. Naturally the liberals blame objects and not the murders. It was the guns fault
of course it's the poeple;s fault .. but if they did not have guns in their possesion, then they might not have commited any of those crimes.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#29375 Aug 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps that group could be nicely asked to go back and clan up the park, seeing as they made the mess? If asked nicely, they might react better than one expects?
This makes me think of yet another thing I learned from the show about Muhammed.
near the end of his life he went back to the city he originally escaped from, Mecca ... but he wanted to negotiate the peaceful return to be allowed to worship at the place most of the city residents went to worship.
Apparently this led to a final confrontation with the most powerful clan who basically ran Mecca. This confrontation led to the defeat of that clan, which openned the door for Muslims to be able to live in that city again.
Muhammed could have killed ALL HiS ENEMIES AT THIS STAGE, BUT INSTEAD HE LET THEM LIVE AND PREACHED FORGIVeNESS of his enemie's past deeds.
I think this was an example that should be followed by all muslims (indeed, all poeple of any faith), as he set the example. If muslims all acted this way, then all these revenge killings over the past centuries would not have been done ... poeple would have gone to war only for self defence, and they would have been more merciful in victory.
That multi-part program was shown in my area this week. I passed on it because I had seen it at a previous broadcasting. It was a good show I remember. Not long ago, a similar program about the Buddha was re-broadcast. I had seen that one previously too.

informs against BS

#29376 Aug 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Krypt in Oklahoma two black teens age 15 and 17 shot a dog for fun and the shop and killed a white college student while he was jogging. They did it for fun because they were bored. Naturally the liberals blame objects and not the murders. It was the guns fault
Going off the cliff again, eh ... who (besides these thugs' parents --'He's a good kid') do not recognize/admit that they did this? Who?

These sociopaths have a similar excuse a young woman did years ago who shot grade-school kids in the school yard across the street -- "I don't like Mondays." Not too different from Adam Lanza, really; or any other psycho-sociopath.

informs against BS

#29377 Aug 23, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>nothing that is worthwhile comes easy
Get over yourself
<< squints >> Royal Oak??'SLACK' now, instead of LIM

*drums fingers* I'm not sure this smells fishy enough!

informs against BS

#29378 Aug 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
'talk' has pretty much been flowing in a positive way the last couple of days. Grace (#29338) and El (#29342) says "all good". Franko echos in #29373 "we always seem to get through it"

"This tension"? Is "this tension" less acceptable than "other tension"?

collapse?... hardly.

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

True Friends Are hard to find

#29379 Aug 23, 2013
They would think Gangsta If I got a hold of their behinds..crazy kids now days...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#29380 Aug 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>this reminded me, I just saw a programme on the life of Muhammed.. and the producers were trying to figure out why there is such a schism in how muslims interpret islam. A very interesting program.
one of the key things seems to be the interpretatoin of the word jihad" ... which based on how it sued in the QUoran seems to mean "a struggle for survival but also a struggle for improvement, especially in the eyes of god" whereas the extremists seem to apply it to the 3 wars that Muhammed and his small following had during his lifetime in order to defend themselves from possibly being massacred.
had they lost any one of those battles and Muhammed been killed, Islam might not even exist today.
So the extremists seem to see Jihad as a justificatoin for fighting a holy war.
the kaln is in a holy war, has nothing to do with Christianity in fact it is hypocritical for them to call themselves Christians
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#29381 Aug 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
<< squints >> Royal Oak??'SLACK' now, instead of LIM
*drums fingers* I'm not sure this smells fishy enough!
its from my Iphone, out of town business dinner

typin on that thing is a B

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min Assent Stages Stares 31,719
A six word game (Dec '08) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 19,454
News Doctor spots 'decomposed body part' sticking ou... 4 min Mitts Gold Plated... 1
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 4 min The Catholic Way 6,119
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Sharlene45 194,221
2words into 2new words (May '12) 5 min Princess Hey 2,838
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,210
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 46 min Go Blue Forever 38
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Crystal_Clear722 8,480
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr andet1987 7,799
More from around the web