Comments
28,661 - 28,680 of 35,909 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29255
Aug 21, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
No intention of 'stirring it' but had to think
how in anoher settng this fellow would be lucky
to be alive today.
On the news this morning,in England, a burglar was apprehended by the 69yr old grandmother whose
house he had in mind to rob..far from giving in to him, she locked him in the garden shed and called the police. As he was high on drugs, and hungry, he raided the bird food and consumed a far amount of seed including insects and worms.
Got to hand it to this lady....don't mess with old ladies!
Good early Afternoon El, and ALL..

LOL...

Fair play to her El,
And bless her quick thinking..

Interesting.. Along similar lines,

a radio disc jockey asked his listeners
last Monday what they would do in the following circumstances..

He had been in a store on Sunday, he told, getting drinks for
his kids, when he witnessed a guy buying a Sunday newspaper,
when the sales assistant wasn't looking,
the same guy pocketed 2 ice creams.. paid for his paper
but not the ice creams.

The radio guy wanted to know whether he should have
alerted the store owner, there & then...
But on thinking it through, he said,
the thief might take it out on him then ...

or later, break into his house and cause harm to
his family, so he reasoned, it wouldn't be worth
Getting involved
for the sake of two ice-creams being stolen by a stranger,
Yet he admitted to having felt guilty that he did zero about it.

He asked on radio what others would do...
In the circumstances.

Lots of calls came in with varying opinions;

mine would have been,
to phone the store owner afterwards and tell him
what I witnessed, explaining that I had no wish to get involved more
deeply..
But to be on the alert as to what's going on.

What would you folks do?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29256
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

simple, follow him and when he was at the cashier say "hey buddy, what about the ice cream" real loud

then I would mop the floor with his head, but thats just me

“Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29257
Aug 21, 2013
 
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
simple, follow him and when he was at the cashier say "hey buddy, what about the ice cream" real loud
then I would mop the floor with his head, but thats just me
Excellent thinking LIM...

even a variation on that theme could work too(:
now that you remind me of it lol

Stand near the thief and say out loud .. in a big happy voice

'WOW!! So ice creams are free of charge here
today-

great!

what's the big occasion'

(Lol)

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29258
Aug 21, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. Good for her!
'Morning Denny...

It's an isolated case though otherwise it wouldn't have
been on the news. People who are robbed and attacked
are in the majority in all fairness.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29259
Aug 21, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good early Afternoon El, and ALL..
LOL...
Fair play to her El,
And bless her quick thinking..
Interesting.. Along similar lines,
a radio disc jockey asked his listeners
last Monday what they would do in the following circumstances..
He had been in a store on Sunday, he told, getting drinks for
his kids, when he witnessed a guy buying a Sunday newspaper,
when the sales assistant wasn't looking,
the same guy pocketed 2 ice creams.. paid for his paper
but not the ice creams.
The radio guy wanted to know whether he should have
alerted the store owner, there & then...
But on thinking it through, he said,
the thief might take it out on him then ...
or later, break into his house and cause harm to
his family, so he reasoned, it wouldn't be worth
Getting involved
for the sake of two ice-creams being stolen by a stranger,
Yet he admitted to having felt guilty that he did zero about it.
He asked on radio what others would do...
In the circumstances.
Lots of calls came in with varying opinions;
mine would have been,
to phone the store owner afterwards and tell him
what I witnessed, explaining that I had no wish to get involved more
deeply..
But to be on the alert as to what's going on.
What would you folks do?
'Afternoon Grace...

interesting one...

It sounds like there were just the two customers in the shop, along with kiddies with their father...so, if the shop-keeper
is unable to keep an eye on what is going on around him, as
petty pilfering is to be expected, sadly, then it is his loss.
Not worth interfering about.
The shop-keeper, if tipped off, would be put in a difficult position if broaching it with the shop-lifter, or, he could call the cops who would come along and arrest him.....for two ice-creams?
It could be he had just been made redundant, and his kids were crying out for an ice-cream for which he hadn't got the money...

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29260
Aug 21, 2013
 
pssst....

not saying it is right to steal....I mean..he could be a habitual thief...but then again,
maybe just desperate...i that is the case then
I'm thinking of how it ould affect him if he got caught.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29261
Aug 21, 2013
 
thought , be sure you can before you do it

“There Are Angels Among Us”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

We All Have One

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29262
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

good morning everyone..dont count us old ladies out because of our age..LOL..we still can handle ourselfs and keep up with the younger crew..we have to stay on our toes to keep up with these men..LOL..hope everybody is enjoying their day..I have been ..isnt it wonderful?:o)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29263
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent thinking LIM...
even a variation on that theme could work too(:
now that you remind me of it lol
Stand near the thief and say out loud .. in a big happy voice
'WOW!! So ice creams are free of charge here
today-
great!
what's the big occasion'
(Lol)
you got any Scott blood in ya
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29264
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tallyho wrote:
thought , be sure you can before you do it
believe me pops I am quite sure

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29265
Aug 21, 2013
 
I hesitate to think what Denny would do!....LOL!
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29266
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
I hesitate to think what Denny would do!....LOL!
LMAO

I have dealt with armed people and feel I was always safer not brandishing a weapon even when they wouldn't hesitate to fire

proficiency and the ability to disarm someone rarely come from one who does brandish for threat or intimidation, if I am drawing I am shooting

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29267
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sensible young lady to avoid the tire cake...who would choose that anyway?...:) New suit? You will really the part...everything is now falling into place, it's going to be perfect {{{Cuz Luke}}}
{{{Cuz El}}}... Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers sportin' the T's and ball-caps.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29268
Aug 21, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good early Afternoon El, and ALL..
LOL...
Fair play to her El,
And bless her quick thinking..
Interesting.. Along similar lines,
a radio disc jockey asked his listeners
last Monday what they would do in the following circumstances..
He had been in a store on Sunday, he told, getting drinks for
his kids, when he witnessed a guy buying a Sunday newspaper,
when the sales assistant wasn't looking,
the same guy pocketed 2 ice creams.. paid for his paper
but not the ice creams.
The radio guy wanted to know whether he should have
alerted the store owner, there & then...
But on thinking it through, he said,
the thief might take it out on him then ...
or later, break into his house and cause harm to
his family, so he reasoned, it wouldn't be worth
Getting involved
for the sake of two ice-creams being stolen by a stranger,
Yet he admitted to having felt guilty that he did zero about it.
He asked on radio what others would do...
In the circumstances.
Lots of calls came in with varying opinions;
mine would have been,
to phone the store owner afterwards and tell him
what I witnessed, explaining that I had no wish to get involved more
deeply..
But to be on the alert as to what's going on.
What would you folks do?
How I read this is the radio guy had kids with him, or out in the car. The pilferer did not have kids with him, but it's possible he had kids in car too.

Whichever ... kids (the radio guy's for sure) are involved. So his response MUST take his own kids presence into account.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29269
Aug 21, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
I hesitate to think what Denny would do!....LOL!
If he was in my house he would get shot El

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29270
Aug 21, 2013
 
spinkled on a good vanilla ice-cream,

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29271
Aug 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
I have dealt with armed people and feel I was always safer not brandishing a weapon even when they wouldn't hesitate to fire
proficiency and the ability to disarm someone rarely come from one who does brandish for threat or intimidation, if I am drawing I am shooting
I can understand that.

I was threatened at gun point (a 12 bore rifle) some time ago,
I mentioned it before on this thread I believe.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29272
Aug 21, 2013
 
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{Cuz El}}}... Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.
Good afternoon/evening Kitchen-eers sportin' the T's and ball-caps.
You are worth it {{{Cuz Luke}}}...spare no expense...:)

Have placed an order for heavier duty T's for Fall.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29273
Aug 21, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>If he was in my house he would get shot El
I couldn't resist it Denny....

in a silly mood today...:)

Did I tell you one time I was in bed, heard a noise but wasn't
sure, came downstairs and found a bloke of around 19, in the
lounge. He had found the door keys in the door, and instead of just pushing them through the door, came through two doors into
the lounge. It was about 2.30 a.m. I knew him as he was the
son of a neighbour,but I also knew he was heavily into drugs, so
as he explained he had found them in the door, I just said 'that
was neighbourly of you, thanks'..rather than letting him see I didn't believe his motives, anything to get him out of the house.


“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29274
Aug 21, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>If he was in my house he would get shot El
you shoot him in your house you are a damn idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••