El's Kitchen

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#28732 Aug 9, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I think the profit motive is one of the main differences. In most European countries the hospitals are owned and run by the government, so the cost to operate the hospital "is already paid for" and since it is from the people's taxes, no profits are expected, only break even. Also, since that cost is already covered, they don't see the need to charge individually for existing infrastructure. They only charge for the extra stuff specific to the patient and the treatment.
Quite right, it is paid for due to contributions made the whole of one's working life by way of National Insurance, deductible from salaries at source by the employer. So if you are fortunate enough to never require surgery you do not get anything back, but of course if it is required, it is already paid for.
The downside is the long waiting lists for surgery in this country, many travel to India amongst other countries where they can get the surgery much cheaper almost immediate.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#28733 Aug 9, 2013
Hull owner Assem Allam has confirmed the club will be formally renamed Hull City Tigers from the start of the new season.

The move will do away with the Association Football Club (AFC) moniker which has been part of the Yorkshire club's name since their formation over a century ago.

Revealing the move in the Hull Daily Mail, Egyptian-born businessman Allam said: "Hull City is irrelevant. My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common.

"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs. I don't like being like everyone else. I want the club to be special.

"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly."

Bernard Noble of the Hull City Official Supporters' Club was philosophical about the news, telling BBC radio: "I'm disappointed because I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

"But this guy saved us from liquidation and administration and it's his club.

"There will be disappointment there but I think we will realise that going into the Premier League we want to be a bit different, and he wants to be that bit different to get the business up and running.

"He's a very, very successful businessman."

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28734 Aug 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right, it is paid for due to contributions made the whole of one's working life by way of National Insurance, deductible from salaries at source by the employer. So if you are fortunate enough to never require surgery you do not get anything back, but of course if it is required, it is already paid for.
The downside is the long waiting lists for surgery in this country, many travel to India amongst other countries where they can get the surgery much cheaper almost immediate.
And El if you have private insurance you get taken care of much quicker. How many die waiting for their care? My friend in England waited a very long time to have a 16 pound tumor removed. In America it would have been taken out the next day. Lucky it was not cancerous

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28735 Aug 9, 2013
Saw my first Hillery Clinton bumper sticker. " Monica Lowenski's boyfriends wife for President "

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28736 Aug 9, 2013
good morn , LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM and the kit krue ,,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah a nice Irish Mist we have here , the rain not the whiskey or is it whisky

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28737 Aug 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Hull owner Assem Allam has confirmed the club will be formally renamed Hull City Tigers from the start of the new season.
The move will do away with the Association Football Club (AFC) moniker which has been part of the Yorkshire club's name since their formation over a century ago.
Revealing the move in the Hull Daily Mail, Egyptian-born businessman Allam said: "Hull City is irrelevant. My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common.
"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs. I don't like being like everyone else. I want the club to be special.
"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long.
"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly."
Bernard Noble of the Hull City Official Supporters' Club was philosophical about the news, telling BBC radio: "I'm disappointed because I'm a bit of a traditionalist.
"But this guy saved us from liquidation and administration and it's his club.
"There will be disappointment there but I think we will realise that going into the Premier League we want to be a bit different, and he wants to be that bit different to get the business up and running.
"He's a very, very successful businessman."
El there is a video of 3 15 year old blacks beating the tar out of a 13 year old white. They say it isn't racial but can you imagine the outrage and riots if it had been 3 whites beating a young black?

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#28738 Aug 9, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>And El if you have private insurance you get taken care of much quicker. How many die waiting for their care? My friend in England waited a very long time to have a 16 pound tumor removed. In America it would have been taken out the next day. Lucky it was not cancerous
Private insurance should not be necessary in this country Denny,
having paid in a lifetime of contributions for cover for the NHS...but I agree with you, private healthcare patients are admitted much quicker, and most do belong to some form of private health scheme available at one's place of employ, but not exclusively.
I would imagine your friend had a biopsy taken to ascertain that the tumour was not cancerous? Glad to hear it was a happy ending as it were.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#28739 Aug 9, 2013
tallyho wrote:
good morn , LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES&GENTS of the REALM and the kit krue ,,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah a nice Irish Mist we have here , the rain not the whiskey or is it whisky
'Morning Sir Tally....aye, Whiskey it is in Ireland anywawy, Whisky elsewhere.
Oi'll be having a wee drop in me tea in the mornings from now
on...real Autumn mornings they are.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28740 Aug 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Sir Tally....aye, Whiskey it is in Ireland anywawy, Whisky elsewhere.
Oi'll be having a wee drop in me tea in the mornings from now
on...real Autumn mornings they are.
like mine straight ... but sip it can't see throwing a shot down , you really never enjoy it....

I take a good amaretto or a southern comfort shot over orange or lemon sherbert .. think you may call it sorbet ????
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#28741 Aug 9, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you, it is me , missing posts again are you .....
know why because of you
liar
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#28742 Aug 9, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El there is a video of 3 15 year old blacks beating the tar out of a 13 year old white. They say it isn't racial but can you imagine the outrage and riots if it had been 3 whites beating a young black?
got a link?

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Here Today,Gone Tomorrow..

#28743 Aug 9, 2013
hey there Tally are you feeling better?? sure hope so..everybody have a great day...:o)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#28744 Aug 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an increasing phenomenon .. travel surgery they call it .. combine a vacatoin with the surgery and save money doing it!!! happens here and in the USA too. I guess our systems still need tweeking to become truly effective.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28745 Aug 9, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
hey there Tally are you feeling better?? sure hope so..everybody have a great day...:o)
excellent and yourself .hope the same
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#28746 Aug 9, 2013
I see tally is still relishing in having posts pulled

enjoy!

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28747 Aug 9, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
I havent stopped in here before..this is really nice..Love it..see alot of dear friends..Theres my brother Tony..Glad you are doing good..another day and another step closer to the finish..this is just a little bump in your path,keep hold to his hand and you will come out with a great testimony.I just hope no one minds...Dear Lord wrap your arms around my brother and keep in in your care..Give him the strength he needs to face all this..Touch his body and make him whole again..I ask this in your name Amen..You look up you will get through this..we are all with you..LY brother..Smile:O)..
I guessed you'd like it here..
Very good to see you,
we so frequently meet in
Tony1003's thread.

Welcome.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28748 Aug 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Grace...
watched the recording last night and to sum up...
O.......M......G!!!!!!!
LOL.
lol how you put that,

But it's very good tho!
If not a little(or a lot, lol)
close to reality..

But as amazing as things are in this series
They just reflect what's going on,
For example here 2days ago..
A guy screeched up to a city police
Station, abandoned his car right in the middle
of a busy tram line.....!!
Jumped out of the car, started screaming
Out loud I'VE BEEN SHOT,
And he ran into the police station,
Blood dripping on to the pavement
As he went, and a stunned crowd of
ordinary shoppers stood there with
Their mouths open.

He was followed and shot in the back of the head
but was able to drive so far!
I said to a friend on the phone, last night,
If I saw that in LOVE/HATE I'd say they
We're overacting!!!! And yet it's true!!

Truth being stranger than fiction
as the saying has it.

PS
The guy is still alive in hospital,
serious but
Stable!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28749 Aug 9, 2013
FRANKO: where did I get the idea you were Canadian????

was going to ask is it true that French Canadians don't tip ???????

national health care will not work here , 300 million people for openers ... and there isn't any law says that the employer has to provide you health care

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28750 Aug 9, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>got a link?
http://youtu.be/7s_b-BA19F8 here you go

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28751 Aug 9, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>That is an increasing phenomenon .. travel surgery they call it .. combine a vacatoin with the surgery and save money doing it!!! happens here and in the USA too. I guess our systems still need tweeking to become truly effective.
We are Canada's safety net when they don't have a bed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 38 min Alyssa76 17,270
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 43 min Bovenzi13 7,338
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 46 min Bovenzi13 2,973
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 49 min Bovenzi13 6,790
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 54 min wichita-rick 2,687
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min wichita-rick 221,965
Poll Things that drive you crazy (Jan '10) 1 hr Sublime1 4,848
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr 99 percent 5,410
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 2 hr Paisley_Posey 35,397
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Paisley_Posey 25,078