|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
Hello There,'Kitcheneers'...
If you are wondering where I got to, we have had a few days away, returning home each late evening on account of the pets.
One place we visited was too interesting not to mention, so here it is, we stopped for lunch on the way at Holywell and carried on to spend the day at Erddig..the weather was superb and after a cream tea before setting off home, we stopped for an hour and sat on the beach which was still in blazing sunshine at seven in the evening.
Erddig...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erddig
Good evening El! It looks wonderful at Erddig, and sounds like a spendid evening! I'm glad to hear y'all are enjoying life and your incredible country.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the real intent of my post (choosing 'trollop')... yes :)
She has a history, I've seen. Not excusing the male teacher by any means --'tis an older male's responsibility to not do so, teacher or no. In high school she 'carried on' with a married teacher for quite the while before that was squelched.
However, today is another day. Prior articles seem to be not true about the high school experience. I've done this fellow some wrong, and a 'I'm sorry' is in order so it seems.

As the former teacher tells the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/si...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Mytten da one and all - sorry I've been awol, but the problem is time - feeding now has to take place through the tube (throat too burnt to take anything down it now, including water - that takes about 4-5 hours per day). Then hospital each day for treatment, which is another couple of hours. Add to that sleeping badly and exhaustion - that's my day gone!!

Still, on the home straight now - two more treatments to go and then it's over - will take a little time for the inner and outer burning to heal as radiation carries on for a bit once treatments stop, but the light at the end of the tunnel is most definitely there.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines purgatory as a "purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven,"
however, isn't purgatory a temporary stopover? Eventually you end up in heaven or hell?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>El I thought I would catch you up on Obama care. At first congress was exempt from Obama care but an amendment was put in to make congress and staff to be covered by Obama care. It is such a great program the people who wrote the law want no part of it. They screamed so loud that staff would quit Obama directed an office in the executive branch to subsidize the cost for congress and staff with a 75% subsidy the tax payer is paying for. Unions who are solid democrat want to be exempt from the law. Obama put off the business complying with the law until after the next election. If you work 40 hours the company must give you insurance so now they will give you 20 hours and make you part time so they don't have to pay. One of the Democrats who wrote the law said this is going to be a train wreck :)
different forms of medical care exist, each one with the same end goal and roughly the same cost. There are ideals being attempted by creating a certain system ... universal healthcare exists in many countries around the world and is generally accepted as the right way to do it.

It won't work in the USA only because everyone thinks it's a bad idea ... no other reason. HOw can anything work when people are trying to undermine it?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace, I passed the bakery aisle yesterday in the store
and nearly burst out laughing at your remark about the 'T'
when I saw the croissants on the shelf!...:) Never occurred
to me before they were crescent shaped until that article.
Now then...'Cat's Eyes'....
I looked at these dear little souls particularly searching for
any sign of calculation, lol, all I saw in their eyes, based on
the ten cats in our care, was,'Hope'; 'Mischief'; 'Fear'; (the latter from Milly when she spots Clancy approaching)(I never let them together normally),'Interest'(Blue likes to watch the telly); 'Anticipation'(of seconds at meal time)'Annoyance'
(when I ignored Blue sitting on the window sill asking to come indoors);...:)'Reliance'; and 'Love'.
great imagery coming from your descriptions of the cat;s eyes ... I have to agree I have seen all these expressions in the eyes of cats, and other animals at times as well ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning SIR TALLY....aye, still at it, never a dull moment, lol.
Likewise here, a distinct Autumn feel this morning....nice.
I hope you and Tally are wrong an that summer is here for another month, at least!!!

“Last General of Forindo”

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Atlantis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

With all these yummy goodies and hot coffee , I'm in

“April”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
Mytten da one and all - sorry I've been awol, but the problem is time - feeding now has to take place through the tube (throat too burnt to take anything down it now, including water - that takes about 4-5 hours per day). Then hospital each day for treatment, which is another couple of hours. Add to that sleeping badly and exhaustion - that's my day gone!!
Still, on the home straight now - two more treatments to go and then it's over - will take a little time for the inner and outer burning to heal as radiation carries on for a bit once treatments stop, but the light at the end of the tunnel is most definitely there.
So sorry to hear you are going
through such a rough patch, Tony,
NO denying that's what it is...

but your last line says it all
you are nearly there..
which is the ultimate goal..

Life often reminds me of a plane journey where
there is a lot of turbulence,
and the plane is buffeted around violently;

One silenty clings to the seat in front,
smiling and pretending not to be terrified!!

Finally, it evens out into a smooth flow
And eventually .. The sweetest sigh of sweet relief
when it touches the runway.

Your plane is on it's way to landing
safely soon..dear Tony..

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening El! It looks wonderful at Erddig, and sounds like a spendid evening! I'm glad to hear y'all are enjoying life and your incredible country.
Good Morning Paise..... really nice always to see you and hope
all is well in your world. Still plodding on here, lol, and
have a number of trips lined up...glad you appreciated the link and thanks.

“Choices!”

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you got a sm.e out of it lol.
El,
it IS true that cats are lovely creatures, if not a little
More bossy ..
I remember our cat was here for a while when Ali came along,
He used do something with her tail, kind of twirl it around
and lure Ali over near .. With a devilment look in
Her eye... indicating she wanted to
play;
Ali would fall for it and when she came close to the cat,
He would quick as lo
Iigniting gie her a swipe across the face LOL!!!
And look the as if say
'You dumb hound'
So amusing to watch the antics..
Yes,
I saw on TV too about the snake, hard to believe.
About Simon Cowell,
I have to say I always thought he is very good at his job,
But I ave to agree with you, sometimes, a little
Too hard hitting on those just starting out..
one of his good points is he is very tenšer towards older
folks and is said o adore his Mom!!!
On a very different note, a crime series I was telling you about -
an entirely Irish production -which has won many awards,
has started, it is called LOVE/HATE and is showing
On Channel 5.. Wednesday nights.
IF you or Peter or Tony are interested.
Considering the subject matter, it is quite violent,
but excellent... Along the lines
o'f The Sopranos...'
G'Morning Grace...
before I forget, thank you for the mention on the TV Series,
I was early to bed last night so put it on record, will be
watching that later this evening.

Speaking of cats, I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday, one of
the rescued cats, Joe (Joe Shmoe) is beside himself with jealousy if I pet Dai...yesterday they were both sitting there innocently,
side by side, when out of the corner of my eye I saw Joe actually
'nut' Dai, now whether it was affection I am totally sure, you know how they do, but Dai sprang back and walked off.
Joe can be very sly!...:)

'Bout Simon Cowell. I don't dislike him that much, I mean, there are times he is utterly charming, in fact he is a very interesting personality, he just makes me mad at times when he boosts somebody up who is, imo, not worthy, and is detrimental to somebody who is worthy. But then, he is the talent scout, not me. It's a sort of love/hate thing!

Chilly here today Grace, off to the Vets (36 miles) shrtly for a repeat 'scrip for two of these reprobates.

“Choices!”

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you and Tally are wrong an that summer is here for another month, at least!!!
'G'Morning Franko..

Love to agree with you but it's looking more like Autumn every
day. We live in hope that we get some more of the warmer days,
not too hot mind you, just nice.

“Choices!”

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
However, today is another day. Prior articles seem to be not true about the high school experience. I've done this fellow some wrong, and a 'I'm sorry' is in order so it seems.
As the former teacher tells the Mirror:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/si...
G'Morning Cuz Luke....

Thanks for clarifying...and for the link which I found
to be most interesting, including the side stories.
I read an article in one of the weekend newspapers about
'Laura', which said it all, but when there is a baby involved, well, you just hope it turns out alright at the end of the day,
stating the obvious as I know you have voiced the same.

Not long now until your daughter's wedding...wow, soon
passed.

“Choices!”

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
Mytten da Tony....spelt it correctly this time too!

Tony, one cannot begin to imagine what you have gone through.
But it seems that your determination, your positive attitude, and sheer guts have carried you through this, and if ever there was anybody who has been an inspiration, then it's you.
Two more treatments....wonderful news, almost there.
Just been reading the side stories on the link which DW posted,
one there on Michael Douglas, he has battled throat cancer also, and look at him today. He was appearing on Graham Norton show a little while ago and stole the show, at least in my eyes, as I am
a big fan, also of his father as an author...wonderful writer.

I read something very amusing yesterday concerning history, of which I was not aware, and that was when the French joined the Scots with a view to raiding England...however the Scots didn't care for the French, couldn't understand them and said they were eating all their provisions, and the French couldn't understand the Scots, the French left Scotland with the intention of raiding Scotland instead of England....this is my simplified version of the article, I did find it highly amusing the way it was written.

“Put Some"Love"In Your Heart”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Jesus Has Risen,Happy Easter

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

I havent stopped in here before..this is really nice..Love it..see alot of dear friends..Theres my brother Tony..Glad you are doing good..another day and another step closer to the finish..this is just a little bump in your path,keep hold to his hand and you will come out with a great testimony.I just hope no one minds...Dear Lord wrap your arms around my brother and keep in in your care..Give him the strength he needs to face all this..Touch his body and make him whole again..I ask this in your name Amen..You look up you will get through this..we are all with you..LY brother..Smile:O)..

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

GOOD MID-MORN......LADY EL/MADAME GRACE..LADIES&GENTS of the REALM and to the kit krue

she that has been very busy cleaning up thread and profiles

PGA ... if a dollar can be made well

Park Here only $50 [per day] on my landscaped manicured lawn

rent mu house house only $2000 per week

the funny part is they are rented and parked

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

damn too far ahead in thought and not print see that tops has been busy etc etc

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Mystical and Magical

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>different forms of medical care exist, each one with the same end goal and roughly the same cost. There are ideals being attempted by creating a certain system ... universal healthcare exists in many countries around the world and is generally accepted as the right way to do it.
It won't work in the USA only because everyone thinks it's a bad idea ... no other reason. HOw can anything work when people are trying to undermine it?
The only way it will work is single payer and this rotten program is meant to fail so we will go to single payer in the end.The majority of the people are against it.85% had very good health care under private insurance. Liberals destroy the good in search for the perfect

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Mystical and Magical

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Princess Hey wrote:
I havent stopped in here before..this is really nice..Love it..see alot of dear friends..Theres my brother Tony..Glad you are doing good..another day and another step closer to the finish..this is just a little bump in your path,keep hold to his hand and you will come out with a great testimony.I just hope no one minds...Dear Lord wrap your arms around my brother and keep in in your care..Give him the strength he needs to face all this..Touch his body and make him whole again..I ask this in your name Amen..You look up you will get through this..we are all with you..LY brother..Smile:O)..
Good morning and welcome to the kitchen. A very good group of friends here and you are welcome to join in. We sometimes disagree but never fight about an issue

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,121 - 28,140 of33,470
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••