Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28666 Aug 6, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Great standard daily greeting Tally.
&.
MUCH appreciated.
btw I took that drug every time I had a heart op... 500mg 4xaday ... for 5 days .. it works ....

“July 2016”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#28667 Aug 7, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
Butting in here to say Tony gave us an update
yesterday in his own thread,
Things are looking good.
Good late summer day here too.
Decent temps and a breeze.
Hope all's good in your world, El.
Thanks Grace and Good Morning.

Good news then on Tony, that's all that matters.

Getting back to Simon Cowell if I may, I didn't want
to jump on the bandwagon now that these further revelations
have come to light, but you know my feelings about him.
Seems I was right all along.
A columnist in my Sunday newspaper was more forthcoming and said
he was responsible for the ruination of hundreds of potential
artistes acts by telling them they were no good.
Can just hope the child these two charmers are expecting comes
out of it all well.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28668 Aug 7, 2013
still @ it .... oh well

GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE/LADIES&GENTS of the REALM and the kit krue , have that autumn air around here
hope all get off to a good start

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28669 Aug 7, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Simon C. Seems he has hooked quite the trollop! But seriously, hoping that the kids (including the one in the oven) will not be scarred by this mess.
Or did the trollop hook SC?

Good Morning Cuz Luke.

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28670 Aug 7, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't bring in the croissants today,
fearing The Taliban would catch me out lol!!!
Yeah, sweet Ali is a fine patient, the big innocent amber eyes,
and how thy put their trust in you,
I think there's a world of wonder in the eyes of a dog...
Cats eyes are very beautiful tho' more calculating,
But, IMO a dog shows it's soul in it's eyes.
I loved how you put the last line of your post..
Very expressive and to the point (:
Grace, I passed the bakery aisle yesterday in the store
and nearly burst out laughing at your remark about the 'T'
when I saw the croissants on the shelf!...:) Never occurred
to me before they were crescent shaped until that article.

Now then...'Cat's Eyes'....

I looked at these dear little souls particularly searching for
any sign of calculation, lol, all I saw in their eyes, based on
the ten cats in our care, was,'Hope'; 'Mischief'; 'Fear'; (the latter from Milly when she spots Clancy approaching)(I never let them together normally),'Interest'(Blue likes to watch the telly); 'Anticipation'(of seconds at meal time)'Annoyance'
(when I ignored Blue sitting on the window sill asking to come indoors);...:)'Reliance'; and 'Love'.

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28671 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
still @ it .... oh well
GOOD MORNING LADY EL/MADAME GRACE/LADIES&GENTS of the REALM and the kit krue , have that autumn air around here
hope all get off to a good start
Good Morning SIR TALLY....aye, still at it, never a dull moment, lol.

Likewise here, a distinct Autumn feel this morning....nice.

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28672 Aug 7, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Going to be over 100 again today
PHEW! Quite chilly here, had the heat over breakfast.

Hope your day was a productive one yesterday Denny, and
Good Morning.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28673 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning SIR TALLY....aye, still at it, never a dull moment, lol.
Likewise here, a distinct Autumn feel this morning....nice.
hope Grace read , but I am giving that drug every time I have a heart op....works , fast 5 day dosage for me 4x 500mgs

it is only an anti-biotic .... a very powerful aspirin to speak
it is law here that all possible side effects be listed , states you MAY have them not that you will

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28674 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
hope Grace read , but I am giving that drug every time I have a heart op....works , fast 5 day dosage for me 4x 500mgs
it is only an anti-biotic .... a very powerful aspirin to speak
it is law here that all possible side effects be listed , states you MAY have them not that you will
I read it, useful to har your first hand experience of the drug, and of course the drug companies are duty boun to declare possible se effects to protect themselves against law suits...I would imagine.
I was prescribed Cerebrex years ago...however, I stopped taking it when I read that it had been banned in the USA and law suits were under way.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28675 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it, useful to har your first hand experience of the drug, and of course the drug companies are duty boun to declare possible se effects to protect themselves against law suits...I would imagine.
I was prescribed Cerebrex years ago...however, I stopped taking it when I read that it had been banned in the USA and law suits were under way.
correction it isn't banned here , as a matter of fact the VA Docs and pharmacy ....issues it , that is a Federal institution

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28676 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
correction it isn't banned here , as a matter of fact the VA Docs and pharmacy ....issues it , that is a Federal institution
Okay...my mistake.

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28677 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Just searching for the information which put me off using the drug....bear in mind I am going back to around 2005 and this is the sortof info was onthe web at that time. Found in 'cerebex side-effects blog spot....

Ban the Sale of Celebrex and Bextra

“The Food and Drug Administration should immediately ban the sale of Celebrex and Bextra, which put millions of people, many of them elderly, at risk of heart attack,” said Dr. Sidney Wolfe, director of Public Citizen’s Health Research Group.“These drugs are not only more expensive and more dangerous than older, safer pain relievers, they are no better at protecting the gastrointestinal tract.”

"Public Citizen has a long history of identifying unsafe or ineffective drugs. Vioxx, for example, was the ninth prescription drug to be taken off the market in the past seven years that Public Citizen had previously warned consumers not to use. For four of the drugs – Vioxx, Baycol, Rezulin and Serzone – Public Citizen issued warnings more than two years before their removal from the market. Public Citizen warned patients not to use Celebrex three and half years before the government announced that a study showed increased heart risks."

I wasn't taking no chances.....

But not to alarm anyone on these, as what doesn't work for one....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28678 Aug 7, 2013
1st....LADY EL....
Canadian authorities were trying to determine yesterday how an enormous snake slithered into a living room where two young brothers were sleeping and squeezed the life out of them in the dead of night.

Noah Barthe, 4, and his brother, Connor, 6, were strangled in the predawn hours Monday when the 100-pound African rock python escaped from its enclosure, slid through the ventilation system and fell through the ceiling into the boys’ room.

The horrifying incident has shocked the small town of Campbellton, New Brunswick, and led to a criminal investigation.

AND PEOPLE CALL THEM PETS

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28679 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just searching for the information which put me off using the drug....bear in mind I am going back to around 2005 and this is the sortof info was onthe web at that time. Found in 'cerebex side-effects blog spot....
Ban the Sale of Celebrex and Bextra
“The Food and Drug Administration should immediately ban the sale of Celebrex and Bextra, which put millions of people, many of them elderly, at risk of heart attack,” said Dr. Sidney Wolfe, director of Public Citizen’s Health Research Group.“These drugs are not only more expensive and more dangerous than older, safer pain relievers, they are no better at protecting the gastrointestinal tract.”
"Public Citizen has a long history of identifying unsafe or ineffective drugs. Vioxx, for example, was the ninth prescription drug to be taken off the market in the past seven years that Public Citizen had previously warned consumers not to use. For four of the drugs – Vioxx, Baycol, Rezulin and Serzone – Public Citizen issued warnings more than two years before their removal from the market. Public Citizen warned patients not to use Celebrex three and half years before the government announced that a study showed increased heart risks."
I wasn't taking no chances.....
But not to alarm anyone on these, as what doesn't work for one....
that is an opine of a blogger... a suggestion ....

the drug isn't used after certain types of heart surgery..

the drug doesn't cause heart failure

the illness is already there...

I understand your plight , but it is a prescript drug , not otc
only a medical staff can prescribe it here , plus the pharmacy will check it against your drug history and notify the Doc , if there is a potential conflict ....law

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28680 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...my mistake.
not a mistake , just sometimes and a lot on the p/c people think because they read it , it is the gospel ...

EX: how many versions of JACK the RIPPER are there and each one knows who Jack is

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28681 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
1st....LADY EL....
Canadian authorities were trying to determine yesterday how an enormous snake slithered into a living room where two young brothers were sleeping and squeezed the life out of them in the dead of night.
Noah Barthe, 4, and his brother, Connor, 6, were strangled in the predawn hours Monday when the 100-pound African rock python escaped from its enclosure, slid through the ventilation system and fell through the ceiling into the boys’ room.
The horrifying incident has shocked the small town of Campbellton, New Brunswick, and led to a criminal investigation.
AND PEOPLE CALL THEM PETS
It was on the news channel yesterday morning. Just horrific.
It doesn't make sense however, as surely the snake would crush it's victim with the intention of swallowing it. Why would
it just strangle then leave?
Can't understand anyone keeping them as pets. Imagine how the poor parents must feel.

“July 2016”

Manchester, UK

#28682 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
not a mistake , just sometimes and a lot on the p/c people think because they read it , it is the gospel ...
EX: how many versions of JACK the RIPPER are there and each one knows who Jack is
Well that's true enough, I really panicked when I read reports like that, much as Grace did over the what she read.

A good simile....another would be King Arthur...the Welsh claim him and so does Cornwall. I would go with Wales, lol.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28683 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't make sense however, as surely the snake would crush it's victim with the intention of swallowing it. Why would
Can't understand anyone keeping them as pets. Imagine how the poor parents must feel.
that maybe the reason for an investigation... wouldn't do one then the other ... and it only kills for food ... self defense , but that is extremely rare , should like copy cat we had similar in FLA a few months back ... and being in a pet store the snake is well feed .... doesn't sound right

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28684 Aug 7, 2013
meant sounds like a copy cat

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28685 Aug 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never understood people keeping deadly animals as pets. Dogs and cats you can feel their love but a snake?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 3 min fanny pack 6,219
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 6 min Princess Hey 4,758
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min KNIGHT DeVINE 19,327
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min Calisportsgirl 20,680
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 201,745
2words into 2new words (May '12) 10 min Spirit67_ 2,935
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Calisportsgirl 18,511
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min honeymylove 194,701
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 34 min Spirit67_ 7,893
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 37 min Spirit67_ 32,698