El's Kitchen

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#28551 Jul 31, 2013
Duh TWINKIE wrote:
<quoted text>
'
You are such a sweet, sweet hostess El.. I think I'l call you TWINKIE?? Get it? Hostess Twinkie?? hahah... Bless you, and all on this FANTASTIC thread always..
'
Thanks also for the well wishes.. Things miraculously changed for the better, after I read your reply.. Much needed and appreciated.
'
AGT comes on tonight here.. I am anxiously waiting .. I still think our little ANNA CHRISTINE (only 10 years old) may just win--yet..
'
Love to all.. Peace, blessings and 'lots of love'(lol) To all...
'
Here is ANNA's Latest.. She barely made it... Whew.. Just sayin..
'
"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"---ANNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OrXbtqi2utwXX
'
'
'Peace out.. The Duh.. Teretta.. 8)8502
Glad things took an upturn for y'all Teretta....

will catch that link after brekkie...:)

Location hidden

#28552 Jul 31, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
good post Vee
I gotta admit there were times I wanted to ask him what happened, but thats not normally something I do, whether its on offbeat, a pm or emails I don't generally ask people something simply because I feel like its none of my business and besides if someone want to tell me something about their personal life, thats totally up to them and its stays right here in my head and isn't shared with others either. its not because I don't care, I know I say that all the time - I don't give a crap - I do really, just don't want to be nosey, lived with stuff like that growing up in my neighborhood and always pissed the h*ll out of me that everybody even knew when u farted. lol
I gotta say I love the way u say if u don't like someone - wonderful etc. cracks me up and reminds me of what my mom use to say all the time - they don't like me, they can kiss my irish azz. lol
anyway I hope what I said in my post earlier didn't annoy anybody because it certainly wasn't meant to do so, its just me yakking away like always, talking first before thinking about what I say.
just me.. don't like it? kiss my irish azz. LOL LOL
:))
Mind if I pass on kissing your Irish azz, lol, but to say I
admire what you have to say and you certainly don't annoy me.

Location hidden

#28553 Jul 31, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick fly by to say, "Hiya El"! It's a beautiful day here, 110 and no clouds.
I hope Grace is having a relaxing vacation!
Hi DD...sounds wonderful, hope you are having a great time.
Been keeping an eye on your travels ya know!
Cool today and fine rain...but tomorrow....Sunny....:)

Location hidden

#28554 Jul 31, 2013
tallyho wrote:
LADY EL remember your second post , 1st was to tony on my old thread...
EleanorWales
“Me Myself”
Since: May 09
Crewe, UK
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
tag on any post you wish and say hi ... what ever you wish ... welcome to the neighborhood ...
will do Tally and thank you, a good neighbourhood to be in.
I do SIR TALLY....

quite the secret thread eh?

Location hidden

#28555 Jul 31, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I find that Johnny Depp has this amazing capability to do quirky characters but make them seem real and genuine, as if it was really them and not an act. He did an excellent job as Tonto.
Hmmmm .. my industry has not been known to use gimmicky offers such as those. We have always tried to show advantages based on quality or reducing waste, etc etc ... however I am trying the gimick of promoting volume buying .. many customers tend to make smaller orders every 2 to 4 weeks. If I can get them to double the order size by offering a 10% discount, and order every 1 or 2 months, then I make nearly twice as much per delivery and the customer saves money and time ... also, I can support nearly twice as many customers and make more per day. I will have to think about other ways to inspire someone to switch suppliers. Some of our competitors offer a free case for every tenth case ordered.
Sounds good to me...both the movie and the promotion.

Location hidden

#28556 Jul 31, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Mytten Da to all on the thread (with one exception).
Mitten Da Tony....nearing the end of another week...more than
half way there. You done good!

Location hidden

#28557 Jul 31, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! Thank Goodness YOU are STILL open.. I am having trouble falling asleep.. So think I will have a slice of Coconut Custard Pie and a Glass of Warm Milk...
WHO went to France???
The RUMOR I heard on Topix IS that there is ONLY... ONE PAID BLOGGER!!!
HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE???
THINK ABOUT IT..Let's ASK Robot Blogger himself???
Pie will rest heavy on the tum...:)..glass of warm milk coming
up, coupla ginger biscuits.

Ask away!

Location hidden

#28558 Jul 31, 2013
DUMBOS wrote:
Why is everybody so crazy with that royal baby? The dying starving children in the world are the ones who needs your attention.
We cannot lay the blame at the Royal baby's feet...he is
symbolic of the future of the British Royal family....

What we can do is lay the blame at the feet of the dictators
of the countries where babies are dying of starvation...the fat
cats...and I agree with you, it is disgusting it should be allowed to happen when our respective countries send aid to these countries. Where does the aid go? Not to those in need.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28559 Jul 31, 2013
since im half polish n half irish, from now on - I Insist u All say good morning to me in that language...

lol

Grace good to see u again...
:]
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#28560 Jul 31, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
cats...and I agree with you, it is disgusting it should be allowed to happen when our respective countries send aid to these countries. Where does the aid go? Not to those in need.
I was going to reply to this post too, El,
But you put it *so well * and to the point... above,
I couldn't add anything more ..
so
Mind if I piggyback on your fine reply(:

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28561 Jul 31, 2013
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE LADIES AND GENTS OF THE REALM AND THE KIT KRUE
great day to breathe ?????? breath ??
oh hell hello

“Happy Valentine's”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#28562 Jul 31, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to reply to this one also, El..
but
You put is *so well* and to the point,
In above post-
I could add nothing more

So..
Mind if I piggyback on your fine post(:

“Happy Valentine's”

Level 8

‘

#28563 Jul 31, 2013
El,
Thanks for your 'welcome back'

catching up on a few things,
Yes,'twas great news re the royal baby
That all went well,
Kate & hubby seems real nice natural folks
And I doubt if they are in to all the ballyhoo
Surrounding them
(But, unfortunately) it goes with the job!!

I saw ..
on TV, outside the hospital,
a guy getting up on a ladder trying to get a
Better view...?...
the day the baby was born, when there was ZERO to see
Just a spokesman giving a few details!! Lol..
Talk about being carried away!

El,

I'm sure you too, thought immediately
of Vee when the news of Dennis Farina's death
came in-sad.

Do you remember all the fun we had with the
Dennis/Vee novel we created between us,
And everyone had a go..

Happy memories, in the midst of sadness.

The weather has broken here too,
Rain forecast for 2days, but, it is needed.

Must go catch up around here now..

Yeah, good to be back.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28564 Jul 31, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi GN, nice to have you back. Where in France did you go? We're off for three days in October (treatment will be long gone by then)- ferry withy car to Roscoff, then a drive to St Malo and three nights in a B & B in the intra Muros - a great little hotel I know. Unbelievable, ferry, car, cabin over and three nights is £300 for the two of us.
Wow! That's a deal Tony!
Enjoy it to the fullest. Glad the treatment will be done and am hoping things are much better.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28566 Jul 31, 2013
DEAL: zastanawiam sie dlaczego jestes
przesmiewczego mnie....czy dowiedziales
sie zew szkole [Katolickie]

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#28572 Jul 31, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
Thanks for your 'welcome back'
catching up on a few things,
Yes,'twas great news re the royal baby
That all went well,
Kate & hubby seems real nice natural folks
And I doubt if they are in to all the ballyhoo
Surrounding them
(But, unfortunately) it goes with the job!!
I saw ..
on TV, outside the hospital,
a guy getting up on a ladder trying to get a
Better view...?...
the day the baby was born, when there was ZERO to see
Just a spokesman giving a few details!! Lol..
Talk about being carried away!
El,
I'm sure you too, thought immediately
of Vee when the news of Dennis Farina's death
came in-sad.
Do you remember all the fun we had with the
Dennis/Vee novel we created between us,
And everyone had a go..
Happy memories, in the midst of sadness.
The weather has broken here too,
Rain forecast for 2days, but, it is needed.
Must go catch up around here now..
Yeah, good to be back.
Well, look at you! Glad you had a great time, Grace!

informs against BS

#28573 Jul 31, 2013
Well, El,
if you ask me,
you and Mr. P
prospectors should be!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/man-los...

[in part]
When Welsh farmer Ifor Edwards, 56, dropped his keys on a tract of land he owns called Oak Farm in Bronington, he was determined to find them, so he and his wife, Anna, 40, called in metal-detecting experts from the Wrexham Heritage Society.

Cliff Massey, 83, found the keys, but he also found 14 medieval coins from the 14th and 15th centuries, according to a story published Monday in the Shropshire Star.

John Gittins, a coroner who performed an inquest on the findings, described the coins, which are composed of 90 percent silver and likely from the days of Edward III, Henry V and Henry VI, as a “treasure.”

informs against BS

#28574 Jul 31, 2013
http://www.hcn.org/issues/44.1/beauty-and-the...

[in part]
It is one of my favorite images — Uranium Tailings No. 12, taken at Ontario’s Elliot Lake in 1995, part of photographer Edward Burtynsky’s troubling series documenting the ravages of mining. The most disturbing part of the work is the beauty apparent in all that ugliness: the molten orange of water tainted by nickel tailings, the taupe and gray shades of soil — smooth and tender-looking as skin — swept clean of living mess.

It’s an aesthetic paradox evoked by many industrial castoffs on wide-open land. The kelly-green pool of copper laced water that lingers at the bottom of the Santa Rita Pit near Silver City, N.M. The startling colors in the salt ponds on the edge of Utah’s Great Salt Lake. The elaborate whorls of road that lace Wyoming’s gas patches. I thought of this seeming contradiction as I stood on the viewing deck overlooking the deep-blue water that now fills the notorious Berkeley Pit, a defunct copper strip mine on the edge of Butte, Mont.

The billions of gallons cradled here are highly acidic and thick with heavy metal pollution. In 1995, this toxic soup killed 342 migrating snow geese that took shelter upon it during a storm. Should the water top a certain level, it could begin spilling its poison into local groundwater and ultimately the Clark Fork River. That possibility has caused enough alarm that the mining companies responsible have installed a treatment plant to divert some of the inflowing water and clean it up. And yet, throughout all of this, the Berkeley Pit has managed to nourish a weird ecosystem all its own.

As Jason Zasky reported in November for the intriguingly titled Failure Magazine, it is “a rich source of unusual extremophilic microorganisms … fungi, algae, protozoans and bacteria, many of which have shown great promise as producers of potential anti-cancer agents and antiinflammatories.”

The dead geese even added their own germ to the mix. It’s an unusually hardy yeast — typically found only in the rectum of a goose — that can pull a lot of the heavy metals right out of the water. That means it could eventually be used to aid in toxic waste cleanup or secondary ore recovery (essentially, re-mining).“We are very grateful to the snow geese,” bioprospector and researcher Andrea Stierle told Zasky.

Such resilience is not limited to the microbial world. A dreadlocked stray dog named “The Auditor” managed to eke out a solitary living on the Berkeley Pit Superfund Site from the late ’80s to the early aughts, occasionally scrounging handouts from miners. Even the surrounding communities have managed to squeeze positive and lively things out of the dreadful situation — from creating and performing a Cool Water Hula to raise awareness about Butte’s pollution in a humorous and accessible way, to constructing a new economy around the money coming in to heal this blasted ground.

This may be why places like the Berkeley Pit are magnetic. These landscapes aren’t really dead; they are in dramatic flux, the kind that not only destroys life, but also shapes it and creates it anew.

This article informed and entertained in its own right, but the passages within the asterisks are why this article appeared in search results, in particular the work of the researcher Andrea Stierle.

She has an amazing story about the role of serendipity has played in her work - a "gee whiz" or "things that make you go hmmmmm" tale.

**IF** you can listen to the audio story in this first link "OOPS" in these search results, or another radiolab link down the page, I recommend. Other links will do, however.

informs against BS

#28575 Jul 31, 2013
oops! lol forgot the link!

**IF** you can listen to the audio story in this first link "OOPS" in these search results, or another radiolab link down the page, I recommend. Other links will do, however:

http://www.google.ca/search...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#28576 Jul 31, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
OMG!! Thank Goodness YOU are STILL open.. I am having trouble falling asleep.. So think I will have a slice of Coconut Custard Pie and a Glass of Warm Milk...
WHO went to France???
The RUMOR I heard on Topix IS that there is ONLY... ONE PAID BLOGGER!!!
HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE???
THINK ABOUT IT..Let's ASK Robot Blogger himself???
the kitchen is international, just like the British empire ..(the saying goes "the sun never sets on the British empire").. so the kitchen always has to be open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 3 min Grace Nerissa 945
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min SLY WEST 181,734
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 5 min Grace Nerissa 2,095
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min Brandiiiiiiii 5,330
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min DanFromSmithville 187,570
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 8 min Grace Nerissa 5,841
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 23 min beatlesinthebog 5,873
a-z of music (Mar '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 20,973
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter 3 hr andet1987 922
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter 3 hr andet1987 734