El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28454 Jul 29, 2013
El the other day Obama gave a speech and said don't be distracted by these phony scandals. He things Benghazi with 4 deaths, The NSA reading and storing all our electronic communication without a warrant, IRS targeting political groups that are against Obama and the Fast and Furious program which breaks our own gun laws and has resulted in many deaths are all phoney : (

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#28455 Jul 29, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point entirely El and its not something lost in translation. I am well aware that Tally can defend himself just as you & Grace can defend yourselves against that Rosa character.
LIM/Slack did just attack Tally, he chose to spill it over to some of us in the kitchen -self included - but you may have missed those comments because you were on your own hiatus.
I got away from the rest of topix and came to offbeat to get away from some of that bullshit. LIM/Slack didn't just have a beef with tally, he took over the thread and it became all about LIM/Slack. That's fine but I want no part of it.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes - there was lots of food and visits with friends!
Not so much "on my own hiatus" Quincy, as reserving judgement,
never set myself up to be judge and jury.
I don't think LIM/Slack is alone in having been disrespectful to Tally, but everybody is suddenly squeaky clean in that respect.

Location hidden

#28456 Jul 29, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Apologies to all , but don't you pin the idiot on me , I'm originally came here for some peace and quiet ... a lot of times it was quiet
always said good morning to el/grace ladies and gents of the realm ...... not one good morning ,
he was welcomed here with open arms and is still here ...
I'm gone , was here for Capt. Tony and Krypt
you win I AM GONE
No need to apologise, I couldn't help but notice where you
posted to the effect you was considering leaving topix.

Would you mind closing the door after you please, there is a distinct chill in the air today. Thanks.

Location hidden

#28457 Jul 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Good morning El and Grace and to all who come in friendship to the kitchen
Good Morning Denny....

had to put the heat on earlier, big drop in the temperature today,
was getting used to the searing heat..:) Just watching Manchester
United v Kitchee..start of the tour. Was 4-0 for Man U but Kitchee have since scored twice, quite a good game.

Location hidden

#28458 Jul 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
El the other day Obama gave a speech and said don't be distracted by these phony scandals. He things Benghazi with 4 deaths, The NSA reading and storing all our electronic communication without a warrant, IRS targeting political groups that are against Obama and the Fast and Furious program which breaks our own gun laws and has resulted in many deaths are all phoney :(
NO! No way. I must watch all his best speeches, he always comes across so credible.

Location hidden

#28459 Jul 29, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm - vibrators for moles....
who knew!
lucky for them too. LOL
sorry im in a mood today. lol
twins party isn't until this weekend, D sent a picture of them with the cake she got them that day, so cute too - typical girls loving that chocolate! lol
:)
Bora Da!
It's a lovely age. There was a little girl of 3'ish in the
supermarket the other day with her 'big' brother, aged 5.
She tol m 'we're going to Wales on holiday' awww. she didn't
know she had actually arrived...:) Her brother had his new
jeans on which I admired...he was so cute...

Location hidden

#28460 Jul 29, 2013
Bora Da!

'scuse typos...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28463 Jul 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! No way. I must watch all his best speeches, he always comes across so credible.
He can read a great speech but this is the most corrupt administration I have ever seen. He is spending 700 million to promote Obama care. In California he gave 80 million to two unions and the NAACP. They will be selling health care which is a law already and they will be registering Democrats

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28465 Jul 29, 2013
info: only a poster gets himself banned

an I get posts removed from the site?

The best way to have content reviewed for removal is by sending us a direct link to the content through our Feedback system, and our moderators will review the content for violations of our Terms of Service. To do this, click "Feedback" at the bottom of any Topix page and follow directions to send us a Feedback request.

an I get posts removed from the site?

our moderators will review the content for violations of our Terms of Service.

did your to yourself , pssssssssssssst
I'm not the only one who dislikes you , I never icon but look at your collection

you follow me every where ..idiot now I will report everything

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#28466 Jul 29, 2013
ULOTHRIX wrote:
<quoted text>regardless what you "say" on this public forum I will post as I please
as I said, up to recently this was one of the nicest, trouble-free threads on this entire forum ... that changed the day yuo showed up. People are leaving because of your attitude. YOu have many other threads where you can carry on yuor fued without affecting this thread. So, your choice is to ruin one of the best threads in the forum ... Thanks for nothing!

If you post here without fueding that is different ... that would be acceptable so long as your not trolling. Is that a reasonable compromise?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28467 Jul 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much "on my own hiatus" Quincy, as reserving judgement,
I don't think LIM/Slack is alone in having been disrespectful to Tally, but everybody is suddenly squeaky clean in that respect.
we've all had run-ins with each other, and true Tally is q1uite opinionated and so he draws stronger reactions. But even then things have remained generally civilized in this thread. disagreements have usually ended within a couple of days. UP to now no on has taken over 50% of the posts in this thread for the one purpose of harassing one person. That is the difference. That is why Grace's old and very popular "bar" thread stopped being used. It has settled down because Tally has minimized is posting in this thread, otherwise it would be today the way it was a few weeks ago.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28468 Jul 29, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>tallys problem is he has issues with anyone that disagrees with him, it is like he lives in fear
having people banned that disagree with him by abusing his authority is tyranny
then to dictate where someone can and can not expose this behavior is lunacy
how many good posters has tally run off by repeatedly claiming they were me and responding to them with "REPORTED"
Tally makes a valid point ... any banning that takes place is based on the content of the posts written by the one getting reported. If you rite nice posts you CANNOT get banned.

I've been through that many times over the years when trolls have persisted in harrasing specific people.

Offbeat started this trend of 'people posting in multiple names" around 2008 and the "guessing game" as to who a certain troll really is, is that person "one of us'??? and the trend grew to the point that many people were accusing others of having various names. This is nothing new in offbeat, or in TOPiX .... so Tally is only doing what several others do in this forum.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#28473 Jul 29, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee MOANday, I think. Seems as if the MOANday attitude is spilling over into the visible. The way I see it, I will post where and when I want and will ignore those I want. Like me? Wonderful? Dont like me? Wonderful. Nobody like me? Wonderful. I can be a great audience of one. My co worker Donna has the drama ball in her court. I had to drive her home yesterday as she is having car trouble. In the flooding rain of course. Got pizza to take home with us from working and had to use the damn pizza box as a head covering. Back seat driver as she is. "How can you see, you're wearing sun glasses, OMG, pull over and let's wait," ignore, ignore ignore. I told her, "I have never killed anyone yet." Then today she called me. One of her two dogs is on his last legs, but now the other one is at the vet with internal bleeding. This dog has never had a health problem. Her 50 year old son was blubbering like a baby, Donna was hysterical. Just got a call from Donna. Looks like it is just a bacterial infection, they want to keep him a few days. Better diagnosis then anticipated. Hell, maybe Dennis Farina should have gone to that vet, he migh still be alive and kicking today. Everyone have a great day. Grace, we miss you.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28475 Jul 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Not so much "on my own hiatus" Quincy, as reserving judgement,
.....and if you want to defend someone - LIM - who has attacked many of us go ahead.

We've all had disagreements but no one has been vicious to tally or me or anyone else no matter how passionately we disagreed.

Tally can speak for himself & he can certainly correct me if I'm wrong.

Location hidden

#28476 Jul 29, 2013
We have a very simple solution to any ill-winds
over here....let's sit down and have a cup of tea.

I'm serious.

This has got ridiculous.

I value each and everyone of those who have kept
the kitchen going for all this time, far too much
to let anyone interfere with our friendships....
which hopefully are strong enough to weather this.

My fault in a lot of respects...holding my hands up! Freedom of speech and all that.....

Never one to let the sun go down on my wrath, what say we put it all behind us....let's have that cup of tea.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28477 Jul 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I'm serious.
This has got ridiculous.
My fault in a lot of respects...holding my hands up! Freedom of speech and all that.....
Never one to let the sun go down on my wrath, what say we put it all behind us....let's have that cup of tea.
It is an ill wind that blows no one good while a clarinet is a ill wind no one blows good :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28478 Jul 29, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't see Nixon or cHENEY?
No one died in Watergate :)
Duh JARRING

Seth, WV

#28480 Jul 29, 2013
Hey, all in this most blessed kitchen.. Particularly YOU El...... Hope all is well.. Lots goings ons, and I do well to keep up anymore. But thought I would stop in and let you all check out this little gal who just got BOOTED from our America's Got Talent...
'
She is only 6.... But I don't think we have seen the last of her.. So unusual.. and ballsy... heheh
'
Enjoy...??
'
'

'
'
I'll try to be here in the morning and make some fresh-best cinnamon toast and Aigs.. hahah.
'
Teretta... dh...((Blows kisses))

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28481 Jul 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I'm serious.
This has got ridiculous.
me smokum peace pipe!!!(If you saw Johnny Depp as TONTO on THE LONE RANGER imagine that accent.)

Location hidden

#28482 Jul 30, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee MOANday, I think. Seems as if the MOANday attitude is spilling over into the visible. The way I see it, I will post where and when I want and will ignore those I want. Like me? Wonderful? Dont like me? Wonderful. Nobody like me? Wonderful. I can be a great audience of one. My co worker Donna has the drama ball in her court. I had to drive her home yesterday as she is having car trouble. In the flooding rain of course. Got pizza to take home with us from working and had to use the damn pizza box as a head covering. Back seat driver as she is. "How can you see, you're wearing sun glasses, OMG, pull over and let's wait," ignore, ignore ignore. I told her, "I have never killed anyone yet." Then today she called me. One of her two dogs is on his last legs, but now the other one is at the vet with internal bleeding. This dog has never had a health problem. Her 50 year old son was blubbering like a baby, Donna was hysterical. Just got a call from Donna. Looks like it is just a bacterial infection, they want to keep him a few days. Better diagnosis then anticipated. Hell, maybe Dennis Farina should have gone to that vet, he migh still be alive and kicking today. Everyone have a great day. Grace, we miss you.
Done that, now a happy memory but not at the time, the one occasion I walked to the Pizza place it poured down on the way home, held it over my head as a makeshift brolly.
Loved Pizza night.
That's good news then about Donna's second dog, bad enough but
the lesser of the evils, hope it's okay by now.
Another cat on meds here....and they are so expensive...the irony is...my own are free...
It's cooler Vee and we have showers, such a relief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Aura Mytha 204,922
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min wichita-rick 197,468
Word Association. (Nov '10) 23 min Calisportsgirl 19,704
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 29 min Calisportsgirl 19,792
Word Association (Mar '10) 32 min Calisportsgirl 21,103
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 34 min Calisportsgirl 5,163
One Word (Jan '09) 34 min Calisportsgirl 17,090
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr Spotted Girl 645
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,218
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 hr Melt down 8,832
More from around the web