Comments
27,861 - 27,880 of 36,051 Comments Last updated 45 min ago

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#28400 Jul 26, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah moles are cute but annoying as h*ll too, we have them and the lawn is getting really lumpy and hollow, d*mn near broke my ankle the other day when I went out to hang clothes, cute isnt always wonderful. lol
we had a chipmunk come into our garage once, scared the crap outta me too. lol - I ran, shut the door and eventually he went out. first time I ever saw one (I am a city girl afterall) I was shocked, I always thought they were Big, remember Chip and Dale? they were! lol
Bora Da!
Did I say cute? Maybe I did, but anyway, those moles do your lawn
a service by aireating (sp) it..also eat bugs, which would you rather have, moles or nasty bugs? I'm getting silly now!..:)
I remember a fellow who comes here on holiday, has a holiday home here, one week he turned up wearing moleskin pants. Why? Of all the fabrics one could choose, moleskin. Now I could understand it in days gone by where men who worked on the barges on the canals wore them, serviceable, hard wearing and protective to the legs, but are they the right choice to make when all ya gonna do is sit around in a deckchair swigging lager?!
That was about ten years ago and I he comes into mind I still think of those trousers. Put me right off.
Pryn hawn da PFfff!...:)

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#28401 Jul 26, 2013
I'll take the holes

Manchester, UK

#28402 Jul 26, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>WEll now we know they used only 3 names.
Interesting tidbit about Charle's intenitons ... Hmm . if I was him he would be Charles III which I think is more original .. but I can understand the homage to the direct and recent lineage with George.
Morning Franko...I was hoping a James would find it's way in there,
but it was not to be.

Prince Harry made me laugh when interviewed on the telly...'hope that my brother and his wife realize how expensive I am to baby-sit'...
Only learnt the other day that his given name is Henry. Makes sense really, just not given it much thought until the new baby came along.

Manchester, UK

#28403 Jul 26, 2013
El Payaso wrote:
I'll take the holes
Good for you....

and welcome..
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28404 Jul 26, 2013
Hello El and all,Just bought a Garrett pro-pointer,only ordered it yesterday just came through,well chuffed,wish Rods was around see hat he thought..

Manchester, UK

#28405 Jul 26, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Hello El and all,Just bought a Garrett pro-pointer,only ordered it yesterday just came through,well chuffed,wish Rods was around see hat he thought..
Hi Krypt...that was quick delivery..yes, where is Rod these days?

It's a great hobby, I used to enjoy it myself....happy hunting.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#28406 Jul 26, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Quincy's Birthday?- then HAPPY BIRTHDAY Quinn!!
come on back girl!- this kind of stuff has been happening from day one when topix opened house, it wont change, people are always going to be either hurt or angry over something, no different than real life except here they tend to speak up about it. the trick to survival on topix is to accept it and don't read it if it bothers u, because once a person feels hes been wronged by others, he may lash out at everybody who is in the way, especially if hes not getting his point across to the ones that are to blame for his anger. some people just cant let it go, doesn't make them necessarily wrong either, its just the way they're wired, we all have different personalities, nobody is ever liked completely by other people, and its really no big deal - would be a boring world if we were all the same. lol
HEY Pffft!!! Bora da!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28407 Jul 26, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah moles are cute but annoying as h*ll too, we have them and the lawn is getting really lumpy and hollow, d*mn near broke my ankle the other day when I went out to hang clothes, cute isnt always wonderful. lol
we had a chipmunk come into our garage once, scared the crap outta me too. lol - I ran, shut the door and eventually he went out. first time I ever saw one (I am a city girl afterall) I was shocked, I always thought they were Big, remember Chip and Dale? they were! lol
Bora Da!
so you;re saying you have a sinkhole problem and it's not caused by fracking?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28408 Jul 26, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
haven't seen Rods in ages .. is he on other threads?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28409 Jul 26, 2013
I hope Quinn makes a birthday appearance. Happy Birthday Mighty Quinn!

Manchester, UK

#28410 Jul 26, 2013
franko wrote:
I hope Quinn makes a birthday appearance. Happy Birthday Mighty Quinn!
Me too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINCY!

Hello there Franko...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28411 Jul 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINCY!
Hello there Franko...
so, now that the baby is born and named what ARE you Brits going to talk about??? Just kidding!!!

Manchester, UK

#28412 Jul 26, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>so, now that the baby is born and named what ARE you Brits going to talk about??? Just kidding!!!
well there's always the weather...:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28413 Jul 26, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
well there's always the weather...:)
HAR HAR!!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28414 Jul 27, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINCY!
Hello there Franko...
Good morning El. Is it Quinns birthday? Were is my paddle :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28415 Jul 27, 2013
I went fishing yesterday and had a wonderful time with clouds and light rain. We caught 2 big hybrids at about 6 pounds each and several smaller sandbass. It is cool and overcast again this morning with a high of only 91 today :)

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#28417 Jul 27, 2013
SPIROGYRA wrote:
can I get some bubble and squeak to go? I miss the two fat ladies
off to school to wright some rongs
you kids play nice now ya'hear
Hold up! You've some splainin' to do.

Bubble and squeak?

Kudos on using SPIROGYRA. Hope you 'keep' it. It's also the name of a soothing cool fusion jazz group. Had a couple of their albums back in the day.

-- every day --

#28418 Jul 27, 2013
Good Saturday greetings Kitchen-eers!

If it is Quinny's birthday ... Happy Birthday !

In a comfortable cooling trend around here. Good be a record low overnight for this date. Running about 13-17 degrees below average temp for this time in July for a few days.

-- every day --

#28419 Jul 27, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Bora Da!
I had quite the few mole runs in the spring and early summer, particularly near the tree line. Had to watch my footing, too.

Ya know ... when we were small, lots of things were big then!:)

-- every day --

#28423 Jul 27, 2013
ULOTHRIX wrote:
<quoted text>you have some very important things yet to catch up on to be a true Renascence man
http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Vegetables/dp/B00...
its amazing what you can learn from poor old fat LADIES
Serious thanks for the afternoon's education, though it's not my goal to be a Renaissance man, but just to avoid the pitfalls of chronic and epidemic ignorance and stupidity. Your link did spur a memory about hearing of "Two Fat Ladies".

I'd never heard of 'bubble and squeak' all the while having been the recipient of the practice as a child and dabbling in the arts of left-overs in my adulthood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_and_squea...

Don't let me hold you up from your projects and writing missions. Later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min the wandering girl 145,548
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 14 min the wandering girl 8,980
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 16 min the wandering girl 17,600
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 18 min the wandering girl 5,914
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 20 min the wandering girl 77,260
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 23 min the wandering girl 1,338
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 25 min the wandering girl 6,547
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nobody 2 Special 18,711
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 3 hr wichita-rick 28
Body bizarre: Meet the man born with his head U... 5 hr Husker D 3
Casket slides down hill in 'freak accident'Cask... 8 hr Parden Pard 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search