El's Kitchen

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#28264 Jul 23, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
you lot [El, Krypt, Tony] MUST be quite proud! Good show, jolly good show ...
Long live the King!
There is some irony in the interest the US takes in our monarchy - more perhaps than many Brits! Personally, whilst I don't want a republic, not very interested in their doings.
Bus Driver

Conway, AR

#28265 Jul 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some irony in the interest the US takes in our monarchy - more perhaps than many Brits! Personally, whilst I don't want a republic, not very interested in their doings.
Hi Tony, speaking of an interest in the monarchy, here's a sincere tip of the hat to the Princess for a job well done. Everyone is wondering over on this side of the pond just what the boy baby first name will be.

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#28266 Jul 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Tony. Someday someone needs to start a thread on the new Prince's first name.

I'll guess "Edward" as my first guess and "Henry" as my second guess.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#28267 Jul 24, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Lady El ... the front bedroom was primered and painted ... then it new flooring was put in, ie., oak flooring ... then a very nice brand new bed ... Next, on to the living room ... All my signed & framed posters were taken down from the walls, the walls were washed ... the posters were taken into the front bedroom ... I ordered new sofa and love seat which are still at the furniture store ... so the rest of the furniture is in the middle of the living room just barely giving me enough room for my baseball games, LOL ... The room was primered this morning and I guess will be painted tomorrow ... After that the oak flooring will be put down and we will strategically put the posters back up to make it look "museum" like, if you will ... Then I'll call and have my leather furniture delivered ... They're nice to hold it down there for me ... whew ... that was an eyeful ... Did I leave anything out ... who knows, but that is what going on ... What's going on in your world? Luvya big! FC <3 ...
It's all happening as they say...gonna look fantastic when it's
finished Flower and hope that isn't too long a time to wait.
Who are the posters of if you don't mind my asking?! Music legends
possibly?
Not a lot going on here, have had a heatwave, the hottest Summer since 1976..
Luvya too! EL <3

Manchester, UK

#28268 Jul 24, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fair enough Tony...I found myself going along with the
excitement of waiting for them to appear with the baby, but in
all honesty I thought the 'hype' was bordering on mass hysteria
people from all over the world standing for absolute hours,
days even, to get a good spot, while I am all for the genuine
interest the birth of the Royal Prince has encouraged, there are limits!

Krypteia

Barnsley, UK

#28269 Jul 24, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>try BBC world news for starters, after ya get over the shock of reality look into the Guardian
news out of Belgium in trustworthy as well
now these people have accents you are not use to hearing so try not to let that fog your comprehension
The BBC and the Guardian,lol,You mean two organisations with biased left wing leanings?,figures!
I'd sooner listen to the two old ladies that gossip down the road than the biased bile the BBC spews out,as for the Guardian well not my cup of tea..

Manchester, UK

#28270 Jul 24, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz Eleanor, I'm "tickled pink" and "pleased as punch" that it deed.
What a day for the U.K, eh?! Baby Boy Windsor born! Huzzah! How many given names preceding his surname do yo think he will have ... 4 or 5?:)
Pride of the realm!
Thanks so much Cuz Luke...good to know all went
well, I personally think far too much is expected of
the parents, Kate in particular, she looked amazing
given she had given birth only 26 or so hours previously
to facing the media...
It will be interesting to know what names they choose...as
you say, going along with tradtion, possibly 4 or 5.
Learnt something quite interesting the other day in that when/if
Prince Charles succeeds to the throne, he will take the name
George, which is one of his given names, thus, George V11.

Manchester, UK

#28271 Jul 24, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>The BBC and the Guardian,lol,You mean two organisations with biased left wing leanings?,figures!
I'd sooner listen to the two old ladies that gossip down the road than the biased bile the BBC spews out,as for the Guardian well not my cup of tea..
Well said Krypt.

Manchester, UK

#28272 Jul 24, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Also consider that some Queen Consorts were Regents to run affairs (with advice from counsels, too), often quite effectively, while the King of the time was out warring or ill, or in case of George 3, incapacitated by madness.
Wouldn't you include Queen Anne, Queen Mary the dual monarchy of William and Mary, Queen Mary the half-sister of Queen Elizabeth I; and maybe the disputed Queen Jane of 9-day's reign, and Mathilda of yore?
Not really I wouldn't for the simple reason my interest ceased
in all honesty when we reached the point (in history classes)
where Mary, Queen of Scots was so abominably treated and subsequently murdered.
One decent outcome was that her son became the King of England,
James 1, as well as being James V1 of Scotland.
The rest is history...
Krypteia

Barnsley, UK

#28273 Jul 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Krypt.
Good morning El,I actually had the BBC on yesterday accidentally I might add and only for a minute when low and behold they had a republican on,I thought you know there's no stopping this organisation stealing my money...Now I'm all for freedom of speech and so on by why did they feel they need to put an anti monarchist republican on then when the coverage is about a royal baby..
It's the same with the Palestinian situation..
Krypteia

Barnsley, UK

#28274 Jul 24, 2013
What i should have said is they could have waited a couple of days before they bring the kill joys on to spew their crap,I mean it's not as if the BBC don't have enough of these cretins in their organisation all year round..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28275 Jul 24, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, it was the Kaiser who was pushing for war in June/July 1914 after the assassination. Germany was well-aware of the weakness of Austria-Hungary (her only reliable ally) in relation to the nationalities (particularly Bosnians) within her borders. Saw the assassination of Franz Ferdinand as an excuse for A-H to settle with Serbia once and for all. By 5 July, German war plans drawn up, then Bethmann Hollweg (the Chancellor) and the Kaiser went on their usual summer holidays to hide these preparations. The last to get involved was the UK, declaring war on Germany and A-H on 4 August 1914 as a result of the Germans marching through neutral Belgium, whose independence we had guaranteed with the 1839 treaty.
Capt Tony . wasn't the Kaiser and the King of England were cousins .... every thing intertwine , because all of the then ruling monarchy were related one way or another

Manchester, UK

#28276 Jul 24, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El,I actually had the BBC on yesterday accidentally I might add and only for a minute when low and behold they had a republican on,I thought you know there's no stopping this organisation stealing my money...Now I'm all for freedom of speech and so on by why did they feel they need to put an anti monarchist republican on then when the coverage is about a royal baby..
It's the same with the Palestinian situation..
Morning Krypteia,
It's sheer bad taste on the BBC's part, to have that republican spouting his views, another instance is where they interviewed people randomly in France asking wht the thought of the newbaby, the answer was in a few cases was 'couldn't care less''not interested' fair enough, but nee they air that on the ay the wold is celebrating? I didn't see it mysf, was told about it, watched the coverage on Sky (avert your eyes Tony!)

Manchester, UK

#28277 Jul 24, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
What i should have said is they could have waited a couple of days before they bring the kill joys on to spew their crap,I mean it's not as if the BBC don't have enough of these cretins in their organisation all year round..
Absolutely.

“Power to the people”

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Once was Top Secret

#28278 Jul 24, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Good morning Krypteia! Thanks for the good news about the birth of the royal baby. If I can find a "guess the baby's name" thread, I'm going to guess "Edward" as my first choice and "Henry" as my secong choice. You are right about the news, they could wait a day or two before adding some bad news into a good news day.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28279 Jul 24, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, SweetFeet :)
O. Stones' movies are verily entertaining and makes you think. Facts might just get bent a bit as others do; for instance, Boardwalk Empire playing around with history. And Mel Brooks made "History of the World, Part I" !!
well this documentary certainly was not entertaining and did make me think. but about things I don't want to..
we watched the 2nd series last night, told hubby he'd have to watch the rest by himself, too depressing..
:(

on a better and happier note, the twins are 3 yrs old today! now that's something I like thinking about, although that also is kinda depressing - because times going by much much to quickly....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28280 Jul 24, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I think it has to do with the succession rules, plus the family name staying the same?
Sounds about right.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28281 Jul 24, 2013
Morning/Afternoon Everybody.

Bora Da!

:]
Krypteia

Barnsley, UK

#28282 Jul 24, 2013
Concerned_American wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Krypteia! Thanks for the good news about the birth of the royal baby. If I can find a "guess the baby's name" thread, I'm going to guess "Edward" as my first choice and "Henry" as my secong choice. You are right about the news, they could wait a day or two before adding some bad news into a good news day.
Hello CA hope you and kin are well,unfortunately the BBC of today is nothing like the balanced unbiased fair play BBC of yesteryear.
I wonder if they will go with a traditional name,I hoping George,but I'm biased that's my boys name,lol,,we use to call all new LT's in the army Ruperts now there's a name,lol

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28283 Jul 24, 2013
Well - it's been fun while it lasted .... up until the kitchen's vile little chameleon invited himself in and trashed the place.

I'm grateful for having met so many of you and those interested can either pm me or use my email.

Tony & Tally I wish you both speedy recoveries and progress.

As for the rest of friends here, be well stay well and enjoy life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min River Tam 192,705
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Truth is might 199,173
One Word (Jan '09) 26 min Mega Monster 16,238
Word Association (Mar '10) 27 min Mega Monster 20,380
News Groom bitten by rattlesnake during wedding day ... 1 hr Enzo49 12
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Enzo49 7,397
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 hr Enzo49 7,130
2words into 2new words (May '12) 3 hr Sharlene45 2,147
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 hr wichita-rick 17,984
More from around the web