“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#28157 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dear Flower...well, have I missed you! Wonderful to see you here this morning..
So what is going on in your living room, pray tell! Sounds pretty major.
We have road works of some description going on in the vilage, one neighbour, P's friend, was stuck in his house for two days unable to get out as the verge outside his house was all churned up for whatever reason, now he tells us when we could have got across the bac field to see keep him company.
How do you cope with this heat year in.....we are hving some respite this a.m. but waiting for the thunderstorms they promised
us and the flash flooding.
Well in case that doesn't happen am off to turn the hose on the garden...
Did this yesterday and noticed that the car window (parked in the bay outside on the road) had been open all night, somebody had left their wallet by the gear stick...somebody was very lucky!...:)
Hope youmanaged some sleep and have a fabulous day...Much Love..<3
Good morning El. Congrats on the new baby boy. I bet the pubs were full last night :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28158 Jul 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the Germans colonisation program started both world wars,well done..
Good morning mate. I hope you have been keeping well :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28159 Jul 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be the king is the preference which is kind of odd since Elizabeth has been Queen like forever ... and her mother before her.....
Elizabeth has been a fantastic queen and served her country well. The history books will know her as Elizabeth the great

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#28160 Jul 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's Tony when we need him ? I thought Hitler was responsible for WWII and then Japan chimed in?
Not clear on what started WWI.
The fact that Germany was not totally defeated in WW1 was the reason for WW2. Just like the US failure to really take out Iraq in the first gulf war was the reason for the second war. When you defeat an enemy it must be a total defeat

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#28161 Jul 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be the king is the preference which is kind of odd since Elizabeth has been Queen like forever ... and her mother before her.....
.Morning Quincy...jut a slight correction here, the Queen's mother was actually the Queen Consort to King George V1...
we have had three English Queens, Queen Elizabeth 1;Queen Victoria
and the present Queen, Eliabeth 11.
I understand that the country has been more powerful trough each of their reigns as opposed to any of the male Monarchs.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#28162 Jul 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that Germany was not totally defeated in WW1 was the reason for WW2. Just like the US failure to really take out Iraq in the first gulf war was the reason for the second war. When you defeat an enemy it must be a total defeat
It was total defeat Denny, the German High Command at the time signed the Declaration of Total Surrender, when Hitler came to power in the early '30's he started to rebuild the armed forces in Germany whereas we, and that includes France, had let our armed forces depreciate, lower in strength. Much against the disgust of Winston Churchill at the time as he could see what was happening in Germany, he protested about it but he wasn't in power at the time.
He was classed as a War Monger as we were on a Peace In Our Time kick ...Neville Chamberlain and all that......

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#28163 Jul 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Elizabeth has been a fantastic queen and served her country well. The history books will know her as Elizabeth the great
We would be proud to have you as an English citizen Denny Crane!

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#28164 Jul 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Hello El,Yep sure will be..
Yo! I watched the Changing of the Guard at Buck Pal earlier, I never watch telly during the day, but today is special.
Never seen the CoftGuard and I used to live in London, lol.
Enjoyed it immensley, particularly when he band (The Scots Guards)played 'Congratulations'..
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28165 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
.Morning Quincy...jut a slight correction here, the Queen's mother was actually the Queen Consort to King George V1...
we have had three English Queens, Queen Elizabeth 1;Queen Victoria
and the present Queen, Eliabeth 11.
I understand that the country has been more powerful trough each of their reigns as opposed to any of the male Monarchs.
lol...But you got to love Henry V...long bow,French,Rout.....
You mention Elizabeth 1,but there's a theory she could have been a man and the real Elizabeth died at the age of about Eight and as Henry V111 only saw her rarely and her illness he didn't know,the two people looking after the princess would have been killed so they got the closet age they could get from the village near where she was staying and the virgin Queen was born,only a theory but an interesting one..
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28166 Jul 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning mate. I hope you have been keeping well :)
Yes thank you mate hope your ok and your good lady getting better..
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28167 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo! I watched the Changing of the Guard at Buck Pal earlier, I never watch telly during the day, but today is special.
Never seen the CoftGuard and I used to live in London, lol.
Enjoyed it immensley, particularly when he band (The Scots Guards)played 'Congratulations'..
Just watched that on the news headline,bet they call the baby Cliff now,lol

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#28168 Jul 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Just watched that on the news headline,bet they call the baby Cliff now,lol
LOL...I was half expecting Cliff to turn up and sing along....

I see George is top of the list of choices for names...
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28169 Jul 23, 2013
Brilliant!,love the Kings Troop at Green Park they always look the dogs bollocks if you would excuse the pun El..lol
Even Tower Bridge was impressive...plus the bells ringing at Westminster I thank god and glad we aren't a republic..

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

UK

#28170 Jul 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's Tony when we need him ? I thought Hitler was responsible for WWII and then Japan chimed in?
Not clear on what started WWI.
Like a genie popping out of the lamp...!

WWI was a result of a variety of factors - the alliance system, the arms race (particularly the naval race), the weakness of Austria-Hungary and her inability to control her minorities, pre-determined war plans (particularly the German Schlieffen Plan), colonial rivalries, and most of all, miscalculation - no one anticipated just what sort of a war would be unleashed. It was a very complicated combination of factors

WW2 is much easier - German ambitions in the form of Hitler for old style domination of Europe.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

UK

#28171 Jul 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>lol...But you got to love Henry V...long bow,French,Rout.....
You mention Elizabeth 1,but there's a theory she could have been a man and the real Elizabeth died at the age of about Eight and as Henry V111 only saw her rarely and her illness he didn't know,the two people looking after the princess would have been killed so they got the closet age they could get from the village near where she was staying and the virgin Queen was born,only a theory but an interesting one..
Sorry K, that one is an utter load of cobblers - no way could it be true. Put forward by an individual who is not even an historian, it has been laughed out of court by every academic. For one thing, there were too many who would know the secret in the court circle as their was incredible interest in Elizabeth's child bearing abilities.
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28172 Jul 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry K, that one is an utter load of cobblers - no way could it be true. Put forward by an individual who is not even an historian, it has been laughed out of court by every academic. For one thing, there were too many who would know the secret in the court circle as their was incredible interest in Elizabeth's child bearing abilities.
Maybe Brams Stoker was a tadge zealous but still interesting and a theory never the less,on the other side we can't be sure she's Henry's daughter considering her mother was a bit of a flirt and accused of sleeping with five men...Mind you think Elizabeth's step father would know one way or other,lol,mind you he ended up with his head lopped off ..
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28173 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
No aircraft pilots amongst them then? It is the International
language when all is said and done.
I see this argument on my doorstep (Wales) and I can understand
it to a point, but without English my Welsh neighbours could
not conduct business out of their area without the English language.
language differences have never thwarted trade
and no, my friends in and from Egypt are some of the most loving and peaceable people I have ever known, if you want to paint with a broad brush you should start with caucasians, the kkk is alive and well in America is an example they are "fine church going people"
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28174 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
What has this to do with the Royal family?
when I see the queens husband at high ceremonies his attire reminded me of Gaddafi

it is representational of military expansion which has lead to the downfall of every country that has done it

what kind of protection was afforded to harry so he could have war exploits to brag about as an old man, like war is some kind of photo opportunity
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28175 Jul 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your link, colonization was only part of the whole.
lots had parts to do with it

psssst, it was meant to jerk tallys chain, I am a troll, but thanks for participating
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28176 Jul 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>also, this does not explain WWII at all ...
WW1 created more problems than it solved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This constitutes a lawsuit! 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
last word - first (Jun '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,952
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,388
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 64
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 54,574
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 45 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,260
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 50 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,078
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr SLY WEST 1,029
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 147,023
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr SLY WEST 5,592
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Kevin- 20,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 6 hr Petal Power 280
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE