A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28137 Jul 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard of that .. please explain how the British colonization lead to either of the world wars.
start here

http://library.thinkquest.org/12367/backgroun...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#28138 Jul 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning All,
Has been a great weekend for British sports....
England trashed Australia in the cricket
Chris Froome won the Tour de France...
Manchester United beat Sydney Australia 5-1
the golf....Lee Westwood was pipped at the pot
by Phil Mickeson in the golf...congrats to the USA
and on a non-sporting matter
The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to hospital in the eary stages of labour.
Wishing all here a pleasant day...it's overcast
this morning and very very warm.
Hello Lady El ... beeping battery in smoke alarm woke me up ... so I took one out of one of the smoke alarm ... Now, I hear a beep and cannot find the smoke alarm which the beep is coming from due to the construction going on in the middle of my living room, LOL ... grrrrrrrrrrrr So, Jax and I went out to see the Super Moon ... Now, looks like we are up for the duration ... Hope you, p and the critters have been well and hope everyone here has been well and good spirits, too ... Going to try the sleep thing again ... Have a nice day! Much Love, FC <3 ...

Welcome the new Prince ... and --->
RIP DENNIS FARINA ... Sorry, Vee!

>puts earplugs in ears, smiles on the way to my room and closes bedroom door with one big sigh<
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28139 Jul 22, 2013
France would not honored its treaty with Russia without the support of England and the military support as well as cash from her colonies

ambassadors backroom deals and treaties are the prelude to war

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#28140 Jul 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that is better from a lineage point of view?
Hi Franko;)... The Queen can now go on her vacation, lol ... Goodnight, sleep tight and dream light ... FC <3 ...
A TROLL NAMED SLACK

Ludington, MI

#28141 Jul 22, 2013
Lloyds does sell war risk insurance

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#28142 Jul 23, 2013
A TROLL NAMED SLACK wrote:
my friends in Egypt have a better command of the English language than I do but they wish they didn't
No aircraft pilots amongst them then? It is the International
language when all is said and done.
I see this argument on my doorstep (Wales) and I can understand
it to a point, but without English my Welsh neighbours could
not conduct business out of their area without the English language.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#28143 Jul 23, 2013
France would not honored its treaty with Russia without the support of England and the military support as well as cash from her colonies
ambassadors backroom deals and treaties are the prelude to war
What has this to do with the Royal family?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#28144 Jul 23, 2013
Based on your link, colonization was only part of the whole. IN fact the direct issues that France, Germany, ENgland, Italy, AUstria/Hungary, Serbia and Russia had against each other was based on centuries of mistrust and wars between them long before colonization came into the picture. So in truth the wars between colonies was simply an extension of the other, prior issues....

ANd your post made it sound like BRITISH colonization was the problem, when you forget to mention that many EUropean nations had colonized as well.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28145 Jul 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko;)... The Queen can now go on her vacation, lol ... Goodnight, sleep tight and dream light ... FC <3 ...
long time no see FC ... sorry to heat things are so tough .... but I know you always keep yuor optimism.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#28146 Jul 23, 2013
also, this does not explain WWII at all ...

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#28147 Jul 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Lady El ... beeping battery in smoke alarm woke me up ... so I took one out of one of the smoke alarm ... Now, I hear a beep and cannot find the smoke alarm which the beep is coming from due to the construction going on in the middle of my living room, LOL ... grrrrrrrrrrrr So, Jax and I went out to see the Super Moon ... Now, looks like we are up for the duration ... Hope you, p and the critters have been well and hope everyone here has been well and good spirits, too ... Going to try the sleep thing again ... Have a nice day! Much Love, FC <3 ...
>puts earplugs in ears, smiles on the way to my room and closes bedroom door with one big sigh<
Hello Dear Flower...well, have I missed you! Wonderful to see you here this morning..
So what is going on in your living room, pray tell! Sounds pretty major.
We have road works of some description going on in the vilage, one neighbour, P's friend, was stuck in his house for two days unable to get out as the verge outside his house was all churned up for whatever reason, now he tells us when we could have got across the bac field to see keep him company.
How do you cope with this heat year in.....we are hving some respite this a.m. but waiting for the thunderstorms they promised
us and the flash flooding.
Well in case that doesn't happen am off to turn the hose on the garden...
Did this yesterday and noticed that the car window (parked in the bay outside on the road) had been open all night, somebody had left their wallet by the gear stick...somebody was very lucky!...:)
Hope youmanaged some sleep and have a fabulous day...Much Love..<3

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#28148 Jul 23, 2013
franko wrote:
And also, congrats to the Royal family and to England ... they have a new "monarch to be".
Thanks Franko and Good Morning..

yep, a future King, God willing.

Had it been a girl, she would have now had the right to the
throne, I believe this is a new 'law'.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#28149 Jul 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Congrats to the Empire and its ruling family
that makes the Queen a great Grand ????
Good Morning Sir Tally..

I like your terminology and thank you, it does, a Great Grandmother.

Can't help thinking how proud Princess Diana would have been,
she would have been a wonderful Grandmother.

But it's a happy occasion for the Nation, and true babies are born every day, s I as the firs to point out, lol, but not every day a Royal baby with lineage to the throne is born.

Hope you are much recovered by this time from your ordeal...:)
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28150 Jul 23, 2013
your talking about the people whos colonization of foreign lands lead to two world wars,yes?
Yes the Germans colonisation program started both world wars,well done..

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Manchester, UK

#28151 Jul 23, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the Germans colonisation program started both world wars,well done..
'Morning Krypteia....are you watching the 'gun salute'
outside the Palace later?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28152 Jul 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that is better from a lineage point of view?
Seems to be the king is the preference which is kind of odd since Elizabeth has been Queen like forever ... and her mother before her.....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#28153 Jul 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Lady El ... beeping battery in smoke alarm woke me up ... so I took one out of one of the smoke alarm ... Now, I hear a beep and cannot find the smoke alarm which the beep is coming from due to the construction going on in the middle of my living room, LOL ... grrrrrrrrrrrr So, Jax and I went out to see the Super Moon ... Now, looks like we are up for the duration ... Hope you, p and the critters have been well and hope everyone here has been well and good spirits, too ... Going to try the sleep thing again ... Have a nice day! Much Love, FC <3 ...

Almost like 'its a small world' playing in your head at Disney?

http://youtu.be/nxvlKp-76io

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#28154 Jul 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your link, colonization was only part of the whole. IN fact the direct issues that France, Germany, ENgland, Italy, AUstria/Hungary, Serbia and Russia had against each other was based on centuries of mistrust and wars between them long before colonization came into the picture. So in truth the wars between colonies was simply an extension of the other, prior issues....

ANd your post made it sound like BRITISH colonization was the problem, when you forget to mention that many EUropean nations had colonized as well.
Where's Tony when we need him ? I thought Hitler was responsible for WWII and then Japan chimed in?

Not clear on what started WWI.
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28155 Jul 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Krypteia....are you watching the 'gun salute'
outside the Palace later?
Hello El,Yep sure will be..
Krypteia

Horsham, UK

#28156 Jul 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's Tony when we need him ? I thought Hitler was responsible for WWII and then Japan chimed in?
Not clear on what started WWI.
For us it was Germany invading Poland,also people forget that Germany and Russia had a pact before hitler decided to invade Russia,then Japan bombed Pearl Harbour a couple of years later and brought he US into it..
I don't think what I can gather Hitler wanted a war with us and didn't think we would get involved but we had a pact with France if Poland got invaded..Tony is more up on 20th century history than I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Spirit67_ 25,727
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Wolftracks 7,588
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Tom2Tone 152,519
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 15 min Weird 0ne 2 12
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 16 min Word by Word 24,113
guy eats 3lb burger in under 2 mins (Jan '10) 18 min WaSC 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Karma is a_______ 132,750
Is it possible to....... 1 hr toad4754 579
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 hr Princess Hey 334
More from around the web