El's Kitchen

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27690 Jul 13, 2013
AND WE REMEMBER HIPP

Hipp

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Dec 07

4,325

and the American Way

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 17, 2008

Wooooo-Hooooo Tallyho, I guess we both got us a thread. Good luck andd keep up with the great posts....Hipp
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27691 Jul 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
1]. Kim possible
Since: Feb 07
#1
Mar 17, 2008
I guess I'll start us all a thread all to ourselves. I just wanted to say Hi!!! I have not had a lot of chances here lately to post. I been going out of town alot. Anyway How are you I hope you are doing great!! Post back when you can.
kim started this for me THREAD
whats your point old man

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#27692 Jul 13, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
After I'd visit her on a frosty night on my way to
The car when all the stars were out
But I could feel the bitter cold,
She taught me not to complain,
But to appreciate the fact that I could see them.
In her earlier stages of Alzheimer's ..
when trying to explain something and when
She became befuddled, she taught me ..
How I took communication on an minute by minute basis,
for granted..
When alone in a room full of her friends and relatives,
yet not recognising ANY of them
She taught me what I had taken for granted..
Friends there, and yes,
All one had to do was join in-
But, alas, not always so simple;
plus a myriad of other things I took for granted,
She silently pulled me up
And MADE ME THINK,
Since she and I ..
during our times together, couldn't converse,
I had all the time in the world ..when sitting by her
to observe, ie, times when she would pull out a feeble hand
Out from under the bedclothes
and direct it to her face, yet never reaching the face,
she would withdraw her hand again, I remember thinking,
'Maybe a simple thing like her nose..was itchy'
but she couldn't scratch it!
I had never thought of that before,
but I knew now, because she taught me..
She gave me, by her teaching, an appreciation
of what it is like to 'live' every day..
not merely to exist in a
No man's land..like she had to do,
And because of it I have an extra sense
of being alive..
Strange that such a frail old lady,
Altho' lost in a forest of confusion,
had these hidden powers to affect
others, in a silent way..
and for the good...
I am very glad I knew her.
I understand Grace.

I think by nursing relatives as I did at an early
age, those were things I had learnt along the way
lessons such as there is always someone worse off
than oneself, to appreciate what one has and so
on, so forth.

Sadly it is human nature to complain...however
little we have to complain about comparitively
speaking.

Taking the living as an example...

My friend who I met up with during the week.

She is riddled with rheumatoid arthritis, a problem
with her lung, she wears a 'harness' of sorts to
enable her to breathe, she was under threat of
having her foot amputated, yet after surgery she feels
lucky she only has to wear a built up boot....

Yet we had the best time, I have not laughed as much as
in her, and her husband's company that precious day last
week. SHE taught me, laugh in the face of adversity.
Correction...reminded me...as I almost forgot.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27693 Jul 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
AND WE REMEMBER HIPP
Hipp
“Truth, Justice”
Since: Dec 07
4,325
and the American Way
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 17, 2008
Wooooo-Hooooo Tallyho, I guess we both got us a thread. Good luck andd keep up with the great posts....Hipp
and yet bex had to get YOUR permission to let me join the gang

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#27694 Jul 13, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand Grace.
I think by nursing relatives as I did at an early
age, those were things I had learnt along the way
lessons such as there is always someone worse off
than oneself, to appreciate what one has and so
on, so forth.
Sadly it is human nature to complain...however
little we have to complain about comparitively
speaking.
Taking the living as an example...
My friend who I met up with during the week.
She is riddled with rheumatoid arthritis, a problem
with her lung, she wears a 'harness' of sorts to
enable her to breathe, she was under threat of
having her foot amputated, yet after surgery she feels
lucky she only has to wear a built up boot....
Yet we had the best time, I have not laughed as much as
in her, and her husband's company that precious day last
week. SHE taught me, laugh in the face of adversity.
Correction...reminded me...as I almost forgot.
That's true
as I also remember, having given up my job
at one stage to look after my late Dad,
after a serious stroke...he suffered..
All I'm saying is because Alzheimer's is so different,
and
The person is already absent yet still retains the
ability to be an example for the good.. merely by her
silent presence... Kinda mysterious.
Anyway, it's over for her now..
A merciful release.
Was wondering El,
How did the cats get on in your absence?
Think all the animals are feeling the tremendous heat these days..
only this evening's news I saw the Zoo keepers hosing down
Elephants and other 4legged fellas!
I believe this weather is to continue for another week!!!!!

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27695 Jul 13, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>it is called "forced obsolescence" ..... create a market by making sure the old products won't work or be useful with the new product. Or, stop supplying parts for the older product.
Indeed ... I think grand poobah of General Motors back in the day (Durant? or Sloan?) came up with that concept; and it certainly blossomed over time!

I got "tunnel-visioned" and neglected to comment on the sorrowful train wreck tragedy in Quebec. Such a catastrophe for that little town. Looking like the train engineer takes the hit as the direct culprit

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27696 Jul 13, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Deer Whisperer! Hope all's well in HooVille! ;)
Hello Quinny. Drying up down here the last 3 days. Is it the same for you?

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27697 Jul 13, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>you cant access anything with an obsolete OS and an old processor is too small for web compatible operating systems
Yes, you're right. All of the discussion from all of the perspectives pointed to that fact: at some point, it's time to upgrade. I know firsthand, my old tower is a stand for my current one!

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27698 Jul 13, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
and who is bob?
Word play, man.'nay bob'(pronouncing in my dialect of birth)----> nabob. If I had categorically agreed in response to the post you wrote, I guess I could have written 'yay-hoo'(again, in dialect of birth):)

I post for myself. Others don't post for me. I won't throw 'invader' or 'nuisance'(where should the finger pointing stop on that one?) on you; or "pop-pysche" you as others are wont to do.

I'm sure you can reason out:

1. It's nobody's business if folk have patched up things between them; just as it nobody's business if you and anybody have patched up misunderstandings or disagreements between you.

2. The current facet of your hobby toward someone in post-op from 2 procedures very recently with medication included just isn't justified and that's a fact. How could that be a worthy challenge?

3. In time, it will be again; but the hobby pertaining to the taunting and reporting backers that assist taunting and reporting that you're fighting against would have the most impact.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27699 Jul 13, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning ER - sadly that prospect is unlikely, judging from past behaviour.
Glad you're doing so well, Admir-able Tony! Cheers!

I guess all of U.K. is on 'contraction-watch'?!:)

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27700 Jul 13, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
'Bob's your Uncle'
Sorry - couldn't resist(:
LOL! Precious ... I heard that just last Sunday on the premiere of "Endeavour" here in U.S. which is a pre-quel (early days on the force) to the vaunted U.K. mystery series "Morse".

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27701 Jul 13, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Grace....
and thanks...the break gave me the chance to meet up with
friends from Manchester which went extremely well and was
wonderful to talk about the old places. We met up at a
half way point and spent a very pleasant day together....
caught up on many things which I had let lapse the rest of
the time.
Ten years. A long long time Grace, I am glad your relative
has found peace of mind and body at long last. My friend
was 'burdened' with this for four years only, terribly sad
to witness.
I say 'burdened' but were they aware?
Regardless of that, so sorry to hear of her passing and may she R.I.P.
Welcome back from your sojourn of reunion,{{{Cuz El}}}!'Tis good to touch old ties as one can do. I'd thot you'd gone to London for 'baby royal watch'?! j/k

I trust you're weathering your heat wave well.:)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27702 Jul 13, 2013
let them report to their little hearts content

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27703 Jul 13, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>wouldn't that be a last resort? won't she lose files and have to relaod software?
Yes, that would be.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#27704 Jul 13, 2013
Not that I have to prove my every move and existence, but just to generally say, I worked from (Left the house at 8AM) Picked up two co workers at the bus stop. Worked 9AM to 235. I drove a few people to the bus stop after work.. Was stalled by a serious accident with one car flipped on its' side. They were waiting for rescue and a tow truck so it was a snail's pace. I had to collect money for the lottery game tonight, and deliver my New York papers to a security guard. I had to re route my directions to get home, meeting a co worker to go to a baby party. When I got home, Donna was not there and had a flat tire. I jumped into jeans and a tee, and did the driving to the party. Stayed two hours, and then returned. I then went out to eat because I was starving. Then I had to do some grocery shopping. INbetween ALL of that, I managed to have one thousand posts deleted. I had one hell of a busy day. So to sum it up, I am a total W O M A N. I also brought home the bacon and fried it up in the pan because I am WOMAN. W O M A N.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27705 Jul 13, 2013
Vee wrote:
Not that I have to prove my every move and existence, but just to generally say, I worked from (Left the house at 8AM) Picked up two co workers at the bus stop. Worked 9AM to 235. I drove a few people to the bus stop after work.. Was stalled by a serious accident with one car flipped on its' side. They were waiting for rescue and a tow truck so it was a snail's pace. I had to collect money for the lottery game tonight, and deliver my New York papers to a security guard. I had to re route my directions to get home, meeting a co worker to go to a baby party. When I got home, Donna was not there and had a flat tire. I jumped into jeans and a tee, and did the driving to the party. Stayed two hours, and then returned. I then went out to eat because I was starving. Then I had to do some grocery shopping. INbetween ALL of that, I managed to have one thousand posts deleted. I had one hell of a busy day. So to sum it up, I am a total W O M A N. I also brought home the bacon and fried it up in the pan because I am WOMAN. W O M A N.
yeah thats cool and all but why did you tell tally about my back?

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#27706 Jul 13, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
let them report to their little hearts content
You could just FO .... too easy really.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27707 Jul 13, 2013
Beautiful Black Molly wrote:
<quoted text>
You could just FO .... too easy really.
lol

again?
Miami Nice

Miami, FL

#27708 Jul 13, 2013
Vee wrote:
Not that I have to prove my every move and existence, but just to generally say, I worked from (Left the house at 8AM) Picked up two co workers at the bus stop. Worked 9AM to 235. I drove a few people to the bus stop after work.. Was stalled by a serious accident with one car flipped on its' side. They were waiting for rescue and a tow truck so it was a snail's pace. I had to collect money for the lottery game tonight, and deliver my New York papers to a security guard. I had to re route my directions to get home, meeting a co worker to go to a baby party. When I got home, Donna was not there and had a flat tire. I jumped into jeans and a tee, and did the driving to the party. Stayed two hours, and then returned. I then went out to eat because I was starving. Then I had to do some grocery shopping. INbetween ALL of that, I managed to have one thousand posts deleted. I had one hell of a busy day. So to sum it up, I am a total W O M A N. I also brought home the bacon and fried it up in the pan because I am WOMAN. W O M A N.
Why did you have one thousand posts deleted?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27709 Jul 13, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you're doing so well, Admir-able Tony! Cheers!

I guess all of U.K. is on 'contraction-watch'?!:)
LOL!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 2 min andet1987 21
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min Mila Beaujolais 12,804
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 11 min Mila Beaujolais 1,514
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mila Beaujolais 22,214
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 14 min -ZAMASU- 148,477
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 15 min Princess Hey 48,298
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min wichita-rick 6,847
What Topics knows about you 33 min _Susan_ 85
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 207,146
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whose who 2,460
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Suezanne 10,642
More from around the web