El's Kitchen

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#27591 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks a lot. I was rather dissapointed that she didn't need a stint. I had thought that a stint would make all the difference in the world for her. She gets tired so quickly and has trouble breathing and is depressed :(
Sorry it's that way. Stents do have certain applicability, and are not panacea. Lungs checked? Blood iron checked?

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#27592 Jul 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Ah but you were all used to El's baking,
So as you folks unwrap today's buns,
Don't be expecting the same high standard. Lol
And WARNING >
If an argument develops don't be tempted to
throw one of my buns at anyone-
They're not called rock buns
For NO reason!!
(:
I hope for a great time for El and Mr. P; and Grace, are you on schedule still for a trip to the continent this month? And if you are, may your trip/visit be wonderfully sublime!:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27593 Jul 11, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but the story makes no sense, what size processor would a 9 yr old have, incompatibility would be the problem that would be more expensive to fix that buying a cheap new one, its a BS story
you would be surprised how many poeple use 9 year old computers ... the programs they use are also 9 years old, so therefore no compatability problems.

This is common when the PC is used internally with little need to interact with the outside world ... old word processors, accounting programs, etc.

HOwever, you are right when it comes to programs that do interact outside the business itself ... I have learned that much of what one accesses on the internet continues to progress so it becomes harder and harder to use the internet unless you modernize your windows and other software. A 2002 version of INTERNET EXPLORER would be very "buggy" when downloading a video on some sites.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27594 Jul 11, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
like when 32-bit evolves to 64-bit evolves to 128-bit evolves to 256-bit and programs MUST be upgraded as has been mentioned.
it is called "forced obsolescence" ..... create a market by making sure the old products won't work or be useful with the new product. Or, stop supplying parts for the older product.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27595 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Quinn. It was 103 here yesterday and more of the same today. My wife was in the hospital yesterday for test to see if she needed a stint. After a long day they said she was OK.
Nice to finally hear some good news!
Waiting is often the hardest part but a positive prognosis is worth the wait. How is she doing otherwise? Some stroke patients have lasting side effects while others come out pretty well in tact. I have friends on both ends of the spectrum.

Sounds like you're enjoying the heat wave. Is it expected to last through early September? Interestingly I'm one who prefers the heat and doesn't generally mind the humidity but these last few weeks it got too much even for me -- the humidity really , temp was only in the 90s.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27596 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I love my iPod. I have 7500 songs on it. It will play for 2 days before it repeats. I was pleased to find out I could check CDs out from the library :)
Dang ! Denny!!! I've only got 2650 :0

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27597 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks a lot. I was rather dissapointed that she didn't need a stint. I had thought that a stint would make all the difference in the world for her. She gets tired so quickly and has trouble breathing and is depressed :(
Is dry in your part of TX? Humidity may may not help the breathing. It's not asthma is it?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27598 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Go check your email again. I sent a long one.........

Be thinking of you both :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27599 Jul 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>that might be about right .. often when I call him, because he has been barking at the neighbour;s dog, or a cat, or a raccoon, or something that moved in the trees ...(a bird?).... after a minute of calling him he finally comes slow as can be ....

Once in a while, jut as it seems like he will walk in through the door, he changes path, forcing me to call him again!! What a brat!
That's the best description for her too - a little brat!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27600 Jul 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>it has been a wacky week in canadian news, that;s for sure. Sadly the good news rarely hits the front pages ...
Sadly is right. The good stuff gets buried.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27601 Jul 11, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>I hope for a great time for El and Mr. P; and Grace, are you on schedule still for a trip to the continent this month? And if you are, may your trip/visit be wonderfully sublime!:)
Hey there Deer Whisperer! Hope all's well in HooVille! ;)
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27602 Jul 11, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nay bob ... IF you can find the correctly configured RAM chips for an older PC whether adding to or replacing with higher memory chips, and the diligent and very regular hard disk care -- deleting all of the junk temporary files and such you get while on the internet, then defragging -- additional RAM will enhance PC performance with the original CPU chip.
you cant access anything with an obsolete OS and an old processor is too small for web compatible operating systems
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27603 Jul 11, 2013
and who is bob?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27604 Jul 12, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nay bob ... IF you can find the correctly configured RAM chips for an older PC whether adding to or replacing with higher memory chips, and the diligent and very regular hard disk care -- deleting all of the junk temporary files and such you get while on the internet, then defragging -- additional RAM will enhance PC performance with the original CPU chip.
the 32bit is disappearing along with the support programs ... she must be on the 2003 windows

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27605 Jul 12, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Quinn. It was 103 here yesterday and more of the same today. My wife was in the hospital yesterday for test to see if she needed a stint. After a long day they said she was OK.
info ... den,,,, a stent
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27606 Jul 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the 32bit is disappearing along with the support programs ... she must be on the 2003 windows
so you gave her all this help and yet you don't know what OS she is using??

try again pops

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27607 Jul 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to finally hear some good news!
Waiting is often the hardest part but a positive prognosis is worth the wait. How is she doing otherwise? Some stroke patients have lasting side effects while others come out pretty well in tact. I have friends on both ends of the spectrum.
Sounds like you're enjoying the heat wave. Is it expected to last through early September? Interestingly I'm one who prefers the heat and doesn't generally mind the humidity but these last few weeks it got too much even for me -- the humidity really , temp was only in the 90s.
Good morning Quinn. My wife had no problems at all from a slight stroke and it did tell us she has heart problems that caused the stroke. I got my boat out of the shop so I am going fishing this morning so we will have a fish fry tonight. Come on over and have some :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27608 Jul 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is dry in your part of TX? Humidity may may not help the breathing. It's not asthma is it?
Most of the time it is dry and we have blamed her breathing problems on asthma but it is also a sign of a herat problem along with her tiredness and depression. That is why I was hoping a stent would solve all her problems

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#27609 Jul 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Computers get out dated so fast these days!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27610 Jul 12, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Computers get out dated so fast these days!
Makes you wonder where we will be in 10 years:) I am wqaiting for the chip implants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Judy 123 224,439
One Word (Jan '09) 2 min -Papa-Smurf- 18,382
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 28,905
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min -Papa-Smurf- 84,131
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 5 min -Papa-Smurf- 50,011
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 min -Papa-Smurf- 13,218
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 4,768
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 15 min Brandiiiiiiii 9,525
Why Do White People Start Stuff They Canít Fini... 2 hr Boinkface 66
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 6,430