“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27566 Jul 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
But then you wasn't at risk of being dragged to Kingdom Come
unless you are very small! haha Just kidding Franko..
but we are not talking lapdog here, which is why I put my two pennorth in and probably added a sixpence.
true, the size of dog can make a difference. BOth my dogs have weighed about 30 pounds However, if they run suddenly they can give your arm a good jerk and it can hurt if yuo are no expecting it .. my wife almost had her shoulder dislocated that way by the Schnauzer. He a running after a cat acrosss the street!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27567 Jul 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Insolent is the word I've been quoted.
that might be about right .. often when I call him, because he has been barking at the neighbour;s dog, or a cat, or a raccoon, or something that moved in the trees ...(a bird?).... after a minute of calling him he finally comes slow as can be ....

Once in a while, jut as it seems like he will walk in through the door, he changes path, forcing me to call him again!! What a brat!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27568 Jul 11, 2013
Vee wrote:
Thank you, Tally. It would only restore back to June 27th and the problem has been on going for months. I tried to click on this thread and got the OOOOOPSIE again. My computer will be 9 years old in Nov so there is not much sense in investing in this one again. I appreciate your help.
I bet you paid close to $1000 for that PC .. a new one nowadays has several times the capacity and power and costs about $400 .... and a new, 20 inch flat screen about $200 .// Or buy a portable PC for about $400.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27569 Jul 11, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
We have a British Lawn Tennis Champion today
Andy Murray won at Wimbledon..the first time
a Brit has won since 1936.
What a weekend..first the Lions won in Sydney
and now Andy. Happeee.
I am off for a week or so now...taking a break.
We are having a few days away and visiting family.
Wishing Tony and Sir Tally all the very best healthwise, you won't be far from my thoughts,
and see you soon.
TTFN.
Andy played extremely well, but NOvak was not on his game .. he made far more mistakes than he usually does. Still, that can be in part due to Andy making him have to play tough shots.

Congrats to Andy and to the Brits for finally having a Champion!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27570 Jul 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
congratulations England ....
the SCOTS are even happier than the English ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27571 Jul 11, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee MOANday one and all. Congrattions England!!!! Tally, it runs auto defrag every few days since 2005. Doing it now though. Whatever helps. Then I am going to get rid of the files called debug dump files (have no clue what that is) I do want to thank you, Tally for your computer assistance and knowledge. Appreciate it. Killer heat this July.
it makes more sense to do the defrag after you delete all the excess files ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27572 Jul 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Come on folks..
help me clear up,
El would go mad if she saw empty coffee cups
on the table since last night/
and WHO left the butter dish out
of the fridge, uncovered!-
Look! it's all melted(:
that happens at my house!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27573 Jul 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
good day , am off to the hosp today , ops at 1:00 hope to b home by tomorrow WED....
good luck and love to all
I hope all went well Tally!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27574 Jul 11, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Like I would have a misfit help me with my computer. One guy, no matter what the problem, tells everyone I need more memory. Okay. Sure. Whatever.
Vee .. he is right, more memory always helps a PC run better ... especially an old dinosour like yours. For one, it would mean you have to spend less time fiddling with it to make it run properly. The alternative is to do what you do, and create more memory space by deleting and defragmenting on a regular basis.

9 year old PC?? truly Vee, that should be replaced by now!!! Who owns the Pc .. you or your employer?? Surely an employer will get a new PC every 5 or 6 years max, especially considering that faster PC;s mean better employee performance, time saved, etc ...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#27575 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks a lot. I was rather dissapointed that she didn't need a stint. I had thought that a stint would make all the difference in the world for her. She gets tired so quickly and has trouble breathing and is depressed :(
Wow that sounds just like clogged heart vein? Could it be the heat because of summer? Whatever it is I hope they find it!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27576 Jul 11, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Franko?! Oh my gosh Franko what horrible horrible tragedies have recently hit your fine country. My heart goes out to all the people affected and their families.
First I heard of the commuter train trapped in a flash flood during rush hour --- I believe all passengers were safely evacuated -- and then my husband told me and I just read about that god awful derailment/explosion near Montreal - Lac Magentic is it? So many people affected - I can't even imagine.
Can they start printing some good news soon?!
it has been a wacky week in canadian news, that;s for sure. Sadly the good news rarely hits the front pages ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27577 Jul 11, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text> Okay. Sure. Whatever.
<cough>
This is not so unusual, I have heard of this before .. that an employee messed up someone's computer at work "trying to help", for example inadverdantly deleting files that should have been kept ...... and after that they trusted anyone less, even the IT guys ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27578 Jul 11, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Ah but you were all used to El's baking,
So as you folks unwrap today's buns,
Don't be expecting the same high standard. Lol
And WARNING >
If an argument develops don't be tempted to
throw one of my buns at anyone-
They're not called rock buns
For NO reason!!
(:
u reminded me of a movie ... the CHARLIE;s ANgels movie from about a dozen years ago ... the asian girl makes muffins and they are so hard, if someone throws them they make a hole in a door. They call them "Chinese fighting muffins" ..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27579 Jul 11, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Quinn, it's been awhile and I hope I'm finding you well.
Not only that but they had a bunch of tornadoes last night in south central Canada! I've had many Canadian friends on my mind and in my prayers the last few days! Franko among them.
no worries about me .. where I live the only thing that can happen is gale winds, an iced over road on a hill, or an earthquake .. the last one that caused any real damage here was over a century ago.

Actually the worst thing to happen here in the last 3 years is when a couple of innocent bystanders got shot while some gang people were trying to kill each other ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27580 Jul 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
well am hope , am so happy , it seems not only were the connects a foul but that the operation never drain building up a mass of grape like jelly .. was being poisoned
so glad it is over , did several test so we know that the device works
praying on the infection
congrats Tally, that they solved the problem....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27581 Jul 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
good day Capt. Tony .... well feel a 100% better breathing energy just great....
I see that you are home good foe eye
two freinds of mine had artery blockages which were cleared with a stint ... they felt far better almost instantly after that was done ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#27582 Jul 11, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks a lot. I was rather dissapointed that she didn't need a stint. I had thought that a stint would make all the difference in the world for her. She gets tired so quickly and has trouble breathing and is depressed :(
Does she have some blockage of the artery, or did they determine the cause was something else?? did they propose some other course of treatment?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27583 Jul 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I hope all went well Tally!
hell excellent ... amazing about 48 hours after , pain is just about gone , feel/breath/and lots of zip , thanks all who ever expressed concern , and a special thanks to my troll... just knowing it bothers you helped me
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27584 Jul 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>This is not so unusual, I have heard of this before .. that an employee messed up someone's computer at work "trying to help", for example inadverdantly deleting files that should have been kept ...... and after that they trusted anyone less, even the IT guys ...
look, when Vee thanks tally for help something is rotten in Denmark, vee is the one that spread around naked pictures of tally and told me his real name, something is wrong here
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#27586 Jul 11, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Vee .. he is right, more memory always helps a PC run better ... especially an old dinosour like yours. For one, it would mean you have to spend less time fiddling with it to make it run properly. The alternative is to do what you do, and create more memory space by deleting and defragmenting on a regular basis.
9 year old PC?? truly Vee, that should be replaced by now!!! Who owns the Pc .. you or your employer?? Surely an employer will get a new PC every 5 or 6 years max, especially considering that faster PC;s mean better employee performance, time saved, etc ...
sorry but the story makes no sense, what size processor would a 9 yr old have, incompatibility would be the problem that would be more expensive to fix that buying a cheap new one, its a BS story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 min andet1987 44,342
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 3 min Christsharian Col... 1
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Bezeer 82,305
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Sparky 194,080
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Dont_You_Dare 18,340
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 8 min andet1987 3,182
One Word (Jan '09) 10 min andet1987 16,595
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 17 min lets be real 138
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 36 min F_R_E_D 8,435
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 4 hr Ferrerman 4