Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeee Saturday to most of you . I wanted to chime in and wish a good day, leaving for work in 30 minutes. Yesterday, I made up my hours for being off work Thursday and it was a great, great, productive day. The heat is going to kill the majority of us and I am hoping for snow. Shall be back on here sometime later, going to lunch after work with a few co workers.
Hey there Veeeeeee! Whether sick time, vacation or just one day off, it seems we put in more we leave and more when we return. Why bother to take off?!

I made up this holiday week for my own time off the week before.

Stay cooooooooool!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and Grace and all my friends
When you talk about it being hot I smile. The heat doesn't bother me much. My wife doesn't understand how I can enjoy sitting out on the patio when it is 100. I turn on the mister and enjoy reading in my reclining lawn chair :)
I'm with ya Denny! Not find of the A/C and prefer it over 80F. Can do without the humidity but then we can't have everything!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>yo franko!

that could be part of it ... and ensuring that the system was abused for the solidification of the power and comfort of the Muslim Brotherhood faction.

But, the current unrest is the dis-satisfaction of the other segments of the Egyptian populace and political activists in being steam-rolled by Morsi, the Islamist-stacked parliament, and the constitution they developed; asserting that their voice in resolving various domestics issues was not being heard.

Selective events in timeline outlined here:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/07...

Nov. 28, 2011-Feb 15, 2012 — Egypt holds multistage, weekslong parliamentary elections. In the lawmaking lower house, the Muslim Brotherhood wins nearly half the seats, and ultraconservative Salafis take another quarter. The remainder goes to liberal, independent and secular politicians. In the largely powerless upper house, Islamists take nearly 90 percent of the seats.

Nov. 19 — Members of liberal parties and representatives of Egypt’s churches withdraw from the 100-member assembly writing the constitution, protesting attempts by Islamists to impose their will.

Nov. 22 — Morsi unilaterally decrees greater powers for himself, giving his decisions immunity from judicial review and barring the courts from dissolving the constituent assembly and the upper house of parliament. The move sparks days of protests.

Nov. 30 —Islamists in the constituent assembly rush to complete the draft of the constitution. Morsi sets a Dec. 15 date for a referendum.

Dec. 15, Dec. 22 — In the two-round referendum, Egyptians approve the constitution, with 63.8 percent voting in favor. Turnout is low.[while the Muslim Brotherhood turned out in sufficient numbers for the very 'favorable' vote]

and for brevity, I omitted physical attacks of Coptic Christians and secular activists and protesters by Islamists zealots.

It's deeper than corruption and graft.
Wow! And here I thought it got better for the people when they ousted Mubarak. Just exchanged one devil for another.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Well,

at least it's a straight answer.

and here is where my contribution ends.
But your intent was sincere.

Love your avatar Grace :-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>has warmed up here and is a pleasant 75'ish.

Wouldn't that qualify as hawt ... there?!:)
Would qualify as cold to my friend in Phoenix so it's all a matter of perspective.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
But your intent was sincere.
Love your avatar Grace :-)
I understand her position

regardless, actions have consequences

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
Alrighty, Kitchen-eers et al. Enjoy what this Saturday brings. For me, it looks like dodging raindrops and other shoppers (got to get a birthday present for a grand-kid).
I must be off!:)
Don't forget to take your brolly...:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Grace.
I'm glad to hear that the incident went off without serious
consequence...
It was warm here yesterday, today, although the newspapers say
we are to have the hottest Summer for seven years, it is really
cool, in fact I am freezing! Hopefully the sun will burn through this mist! Ah, the joys of living near the mountains, lol.
I notice you speak with what is on your mind Grace, so I feel I
can talk in the same vein. Would you mind explaining why your
dog does not come back to you on command at this stage of her
life? I would seriously work to that goal if I were you, I
would not take too kindly myself to someone's dog charging at
me in a threatening manner. Who knows, that fellow may possibly
have had a heart condition himself.
EL ... it has been my experience that not all dogs are as trainable as others ... I have had a Schnauzer and Beagle, and in both cases they were of the personality that they would be obedient when they CHOSE to be obedient ... once they got their minds focussed on something else, they seemed to turn off thier ears to thier master.

I have had other friends tell me of the same experiences with thier dogs.

Ali seems to be of that personality as well ...

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
has warmed up here and is a pleasant 75'ish.
Wouldn't that qualify as hawt ... there?!:)
Just comfortable....

oh go on then, far to hot to be honest. 70 yes.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeee Saturday to most of you . I wanted to chime in and wish a good day, leaving for work in 30 minutes. Yesterday, I made up my hours for being off work Thursday and it was a great, great, productive day. The heat is going to kill the majority of us and I am hoping for snow. Shall be back on here sometime later, going to lunch after work with a few co workers.
I'm pretty sure the only snow you will see for a while will be what you can scrape off the inside of your freezer.
Miami Nice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

And those "consequences" are called "backlash".
Krypteia

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Evening El and all,very happy and pleased with the Lions result,a superb performance Australia had no answer to the scrum and just the physicality of the Lions was outstanding..

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
its called karma
KARMA applies to everyone ... if you get my meaning.

This is generally a very peaceful thread LIM ... not that we don't debate, but we don't FEUD ... the rest of us would appreciate if it remains that way.. I am sure you can find many other threads where you can "post" (AKA FEUD) with Tally ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
yo franko!
that could be part of it ... and ensuring that the system was abused for the solidification of the power and comfort of the Muslim Brotherhood faction.
But, the current unrest is the dis-satisfaction of the other segments of the Egyptian populace and political activists in being steam-rolled by Morsi, the Islamist-stacked parliament, and the constitution they developed; asserting that their voice in resolving various domestics issues was not being heard.
Selective events in timeline outlined here:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/07...
Nov. 28, 2011-Feb 15, 2012 Egypt holds multistage, weekslong parliamentary elections. In the lawmaking lower house, the Muslim Brotherhood wins nearly half the seats, and ultraconservative Salafis take another quarter. The remainder goes to liberal, independent and secular politicians. In the largely powerless upper house, Islamists take nearly 90 percent of the seats.
Nov. 19 Members of liberal parties and representatives of Egypts churches withdraw from the 100-member assembly writing the constitution, protesting attempts by Islamists to impose their will.
Nov. 22 Morsi unilaterally decrees greater powers for himself, giving his decisions immunity from judicial review and barring the courts from dissolving the constituent assembly and the upper house of parliament. The move sparks days of protests.
Nov. 30 Islamists in the constituent assembly rush to complete the draft of the constitution. Morsi sets a Dec. 15 date for a referendum.
Dec. 15, Dec. 22 In the two-round referendum, Egyptians approve the constitution, with 63.8 percent voting in favor. Turnout is low.[while the Muslim Brotherhood turned out in sufficient numbers for the very 'favorable' vote]
and for brevity, I omitted physical attacks of Coptic Christians and secular activists and protesters by Islamists zealots.
It's deeper than corruption and graft.
After I wrote my post I did read more on the religious aspects and the Brotherhood's involvement ... but your post above fills in a lot of blanks so thanks for that ....

Once again, religion seems to be the basis for political and social unrest ... partly because religion is being used as a basis for creating a position of power and control.

SIGH!!!
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>KARMA applies to everyone ... if you get my meaning.
This is generally a very peaceful thread LIM ... not that we don't debate, but we don't FEUD ... the rest of us would appreciate if it remains that way.. I am sure you can find many other threads where you can "post" (AKA FEUD) with Tally ....
no but if you would like you can ask tally to post my entire name, I am sure he would be able to do it again

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! The racket racket I'd completely forgotten. Good point!
Score: 15, love ... franko
I'll be happy when the score is 6-1 6-1 6-1 ... LOL!!!

WEll the women's final is over ... Lisicki was mentally worn out after beating several top 10 players and Serena, she hardly put up a fight ... Bartolli had the easy path to the final ... OH well, she deserves at least one major in her career.

I am pretty sure that the men's match will be a very tough match ... both players are at the top of their form.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
and travel time and money ... and time is money!:)
I don't remember if 'we' went up Grouse Mountain and some other specifics ... in Vancouver, did remember seeing Gas Town, Old China Town, boat ride on False Creek to the 'island' that's really a peninsula. Markets, shops, and the night spots where the 'cool kids'[of all ages] hang. And the Asia West shopping, eating experience.
And then Victoria by day and by night.
My brother and father have often hosted guests from out of town and they know the lesser known gems to take them ... for example all the tourists pay big bucks to see the Capilano Suspension bridge ... but the locals know they can see a similar setting and bridge for free at lynn canyon ...

How long was it since you were out here?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Loved 'em ALL..
Brilliant.. lol
actually, anything BUT brilliant .. hee hee!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Franko....I believe it was a brilliant match, saw a few
highlights later on (Djokivich)....I really like Jerge Janovich (sp) in fact I was 'come on Jerge' lol..but it was nice to see
Andy win in all fairness, and of course being British and all
that, would be nice..I wouldn't miss tomorrow's game for the world.
the match starts at 6 AM my time so I will have the PVR set to record and I will "watch" it about 2 hours later ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! And here I thought it got better for the people when they ousted Mubarak. Just exchanged one devil for another.
It has been my observation that the sort of people who rise to power tend to be the kinds of people who hunger for power and will do anything to get it ... you're not going to get very many truly socially responsible leaders at the highest positions ... they are "too nice" and tend to get pushed aside

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,981 - 27,000 of33,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••