Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're spectacular Tony! Like a few if my friends currently having a tough time health wise, you seem to have a sense of humor about and positive attitude. That goes a long way.
And hey, better to look like Sir Anthony Hopkins -- he's aged quite well in my book, though I'm sure he's older than you by decades -- than Jaws of the James Bond franchise ;)
Be well
In my book, you can either stick your head in your hands, or you can get on with life. The first achieves nothing, so might as well do the second - it's much more fun anyway.

Pity Sir Anthony only shares a first name and a machine with me - he could have given me some of his looks!! Right now, I'm bald as a coot thanks to chemo - they tell me it will grow back and could be curly: having had straight hair all my life, that might be different!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol
Dear me, it never rains but it pours.
Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.
Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.
Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!
The bad news for me is that I will probably miss the rugby on Saturday. What a bummer. Have friends from St Louis who I haven't seen in nearly 20 years staying for the weekend, so unless it is chucking it down with rain (and the forecast is good sadly), will be in Falmouth, showing them the work of Henry VIII's minions with the castles and telling them of the villainous Killigrew family who almost single-handedly created in town in the 17th century.

The hospital wanted to give me a blood transfusion on Friday - having cleared my yardarm for the day with early radiotherapy as my friends arrive Thurs, told them either the day before or Monday - no way on Friday. Cancer does not mean my life is on hold!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, exactly Tony ... surprises galore! Following men's tennis kind of waned for me after the era of Connors, McEnroe, Natasie, Gerulaitus, etc. and Lendl, Becker, and Agassiz (sp).
To some degree, I would have agreed about men's tennis (kept a passing interest in Henman and now Murray), but this Wimbledon has changed my view. Having had to watch it with the treatment's effect (daytime UK TV is as bad as in the USA), am hooked on it again. Whilst serve/volley was spectacular, it did pall after a while. There is now more variety in the game as it used to be back in the 60s when I first remember watching.
DNH

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot! I believe the man was referring to having to more surgery!! Ops =operation knucklehead.
Have a little class will ya.
SMD hard

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the major parts expense is in the brake line pressure hose.. as the hose has to flex and travel with the wheel housing ..price is $40 per foot I needed 5 of them
sounds like a lot of labour .. what is the hourly rate to get mechanical work done these days?? I am guessing that $450 is about 8 hours?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All this Snowden stuff is so over blown. They talk about the terrible damage he has done to our security. What is terrible is the violation of our constitution. I am reading a book that was published two years ago. In it they said that NSA was reading every email, tweet and post on those big Cray computers. Some secret :)
government snooping into the public has gone on for hundreds of years in every nation on earth ...... its just new technology now ....

Many people suspect that the catholic church used the confessional as a means of spying for the government ... in return they got government support to spread around the globe.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I not fond of fireworks actually. I almost lost my hand when I was 2, almost 3 - my birthday is the end of the month. I looked like god's most pathetic little creature with my hand all bandaged.
Sure, some of the colorful bursts are beautiful but I'd be just fine without them.
I hope you enjoy your day .... hoist a glass for me ;-)
don't take this wrong , but what in the hell are you doing with fireworks at 2/3????????

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you wholeheartedly ! What are the odds the CIA will track the kid and kill him?
he would have been dead all ready if we [USA] were like that

and so what they intercepted phones... an positive the CIA isn't writing down your recipe for banana bread .... hell we are exposing half of your phone conversation in public anyhow
and not to mention the social rudeness

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not sympathy, it is well wishes and positive reinforcement. You and Tony are tough old birds and will overcome what ails you; me, I'm a wuss a whining over my sore foot cause I jammed the brake when I was distracted by the iPod.
RMQ please I don't always agree with you and DEN but doesn't mean I'm an ogre .....

by rights....according to our FCC any thing in the air is free

look what we are on now it is open to all, anyone call have access here [and sometimes that is a prob]

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck mate, you'll be fine. Often the anticipation is worse than the reality: I've found that with much of what I gone through so far.
you know Tony I will ...this is a way of taking a sigh .....I will suck it up because that was my up bringing and of course OUR training

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again
made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing
tues stay the night and hopefully home wed
WE all have our hopes and prayers for you Tally ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a lot of labour .. what is the hourly rate to get mechanical work done these days?? I am guessing that $450 is about 8 hours?
not even sure , but it took two men , so that was a ton of work , figure about $80 was just looking at it , you know on lift , ring a ding

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"OH, Canada!" ( a little late of course)
Yah, the Wimbledon finals are "anybody's guess"!
My DO goes crazy whenever they are shooting off fireworks, also during thunderstorms .. so Canada Day and HAlloween are bad nights for the poor critter, he sits on our laps and shivers.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and predict Lisiki for the women's, but I don't want to jinx the men;s....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>WE all have our hopes and prayers for you Tally ...
good morning sir , as you know... my parents up-bringing and good Marine training , along with the American spirit are kicking in ....
and TRUST ME ALL OF YOU HERE is a tremendous help
indeed it is

I posted I just got this warning for this post

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>government snooping into the public has gone on for hundreds of years in every nation on earth ...... its just new technology now ....
Many people suspect that the catholic church used the confessional as a means of spying for the government ... in return they got government support to spread around the globe.
I think confessional/spying suggestion has been aired in
A few movies too FRANKO..

When it was revealed that Snowden was looking for asylum,
Ireland was one of his aims,
but, it's been rumoured 'we' won't touch him-as we don't want to
be out of favour with the USA.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony,
You seem to be going thru a lot but you
Are weathering the storm bit by bit
Kudos.

Tally...
Wishing you success in the next episode,
And I agree fully with you, re 'being put out fully'
I have no time for these half-assed

'you'll be awake
But you won't feel anything '
NO THANKS!!!

Kinda like when I'm having the echo cardio gram tests,
And he says 'you can watch it all there on the
Monitor' Jeez NO!! I prefer to keep looking at the patches
on the ceiling that need a fresh coat of paint lol!

Anyway here' to you both and better health.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dear El,

Sorry to hear of your mishap-

So glad the bump on your head wasn't more serious..
Hope you rested up a bit.

How is the job turning out?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Madame Grace .... your country make the top five worst possible McDonald's location list

Bray Town HallóBray, County Wicklow, Ireland

Bray Town Hall, built in the Tudor Revival style, was commissioned by Reginald Brabazon in 1841. The Town Hall served as the council meeting center of the small village of Bray. A wyvern, the mythological dragon featured on the Brabazon coat of arms, crowns the outside drinking fountain and is a protector for the town and its hall. But even with such a fierce guardian, Ronald could not be kept at bay.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Dear El,
Sorry to hear of your mishap-
So glad the bump on your head wasn't more serious..
Hope you rested up a bit.
How is the job turning out?
Good morning Grace and a good morning to all who come to this friendly kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Denny - have every intention of doing so - half way there and it's full steam ahead. Trust Mrs D is now fully recovered: a chum of mine's partner had a fairly major stroke a few months back and I'm pleased to say she's doing really well.
Thanks Tony. She is back to normal. We were very lucky and it gave us a heads up about a possible heart problem which she is dealing with

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••