El's Kitchen

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27257 Jul 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I not fond of fireworks actually. I almost lost my hand when I was 2, almost 3 - my birthday is the end of the month. I looked like god's most pathetic little creature with my hand all bandaged.
Sure, some of the colorful bursts are beautiful but I'd be just fine without them.
I hope you enjoy your day .... hoist a glass for me ;-)
don't take this wrong , but what in the hell are you doing with fireworks at 2/3????????

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27258 Jul 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you wholeheartedly ! What are the odds the CIA will track the kid and kill him?
he would have been dead all ready if we [USA] were like that

and so what they intercepted phones... an positive the CIA isn't writing down your recipe for banana bread .... hell we are exposing half of your phone conversation in public anyhow
and not to mention the social rudeness

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27259 Jul 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not sympathy, it is well wishes and positive reinforcement. You and Tony are tough old birds and will overcome what ails you; me, I'm a wuss a whining over my sore foot cause I jammed the brake when I was distracted by the iPod.
RMQ please I don't always agree with you and DEN but doesn't mean I'm an ogre .....

by rights....according to our FCC any thing in the air is free

look what we are on now it is open to all, anyone call have access here [and sometimes that is a prob]

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27260 Jul 3, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck mate, you'll be fine. Often the anticipation is worse than the reality: I've found that with much of what I gone through so far.
you know Tony I will ...this is a way of taking a sigh .....I will suck it up because that was my up bringing and of course OUR training

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27261 Jul 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again
made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing
tues stay the night and hopefully home wed
WE all have our hopes and prayers for you Tally ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27262 Jul 3, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a lot of labour .. what is the hourly rate to get mechanical work done these days?? I am guessing that $450 is about 8 hours?
not even sure , but it took two men , so that was a ton of work , figure about $80 was just looking at it , you know on lift , ring a ding

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#27263 Jul 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"OH, Canada!" ( a little late of course)
Yah, the Wimbledon finals are "anybody's guess"!
My DO goes crazy whenever they are shooting off fireworks, also during thunderstorms .. so Canada Day and HAlloween are bad nights for the poor critter, he sits on our laps and shivers.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and predict Lisiki for the women's, but I don't want to jinx the men;s....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27264 Jul 3, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>WE all have our hopes and prayers for you Tally ...
good morning sir , as you know... my parents up-bringing and good Marine training , along with the American spirit are kicking in ....
and TRUST ME ALL OF YOU HERE is a tremendous help
indeed it is

I posted I just got this warning for this post

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27265 Jul 3, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>government snooping into the public has gone on for hundreds of years in every nation on earth ...... its just new technology now ....
Many people suspect that the catholic church used the confessional as a means of spying for the government ... in return they got government support to spread around the globe.
I think confessional/spying suggestion has been aired in
A few movies too FRANKO..

When it was revealed that Snowden was looking for asylum,
Ireland was one of his aims,
but, it's been rumoured 'we' won't touch him-as we don't want to
be out of favour with the USA.

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27266 Jul 3, 2013
Tony,
You seem to be going thru a lot but you
Are weathering the storm bit by bit
Kudos.

Tally...
Wishing you success in the next episode,
And I agree fully with you, re 'being put out fully'
I have no time for these half-assed

'you'll be awake
But you won't feel anything '
NO THANKS!!!

Kinda like when I'm having the echo cardio gram tests,
And he says 'you can watch it all there on the
Monitor' Jeez NO!! I prefer to keep looking at the patches
on the ceiling that need a fresh coat of paint lol!

Anyway here' to you both and better health.

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27267 Jul 3, 2013
Dear El,

Sorry to hear of your mishap-

So glad the bump on your head wasn't more serious..
Hope you rested up a bit.

How is the job turning out?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#27268 Jul 3, 2013
Madame Grace .... your country make the top five worst possible McDonald's location list

Bray Town Hall—Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland

Bray Town Hall, built in the Tudor Revival style, was commissioned by Reginald Brabazon in 1841. The Town Hall served as the council meeting center of the small village of Bray. A wyvern, the mythological dragon featured on the Brabazon coat of arms, crowns the outside drinking fountain and is a protector for the town and its hall. But even with such a fierce guardian, Ronald could not be kept at bay.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27269 Jul 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Dear El,
Sorry to hear of your mishap-
So glad the bump on your head wasn't more serious..
Hope you rested up a bit.
How is the job turning out?
Good morning Grace and a good morning to all who come to this friendly kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27270 Jul 3, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Denny - have every intention of doing so - half way there and it's full steam ahead. Trust Mrs D is now fully recovered: a chum of mine's partner had a fairly major stroke a few months back and I'm pleased to say she's doing really well.
Thanks Tony. She is back to normal. We were very lucky and it gave us a heads up about a possible heart problem which she is dealing with

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27271 Jul 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
RMQ please I don't always agree with you and DEN but doesn't mean I'm an ogre .....
by rights....according to our FCC any thing in the air is free
look what we are on now it is open to all, anyone call have access here [and sometimes that is a prob]
Tally I just hate the constitution being ignored. We have always had different degrees of violation. During WW2 our mail was opened. It is just that the super computers allow so much more invasion. People are shocked by how easy it is. I used to take down license numbers of people who are looking at new homes. I had a program that gave me their name and address and I would mail them a letter with my card. You could always do that but it meant a trip to search public records by hand. Now it is all so easy to search public records

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27272 Jul 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Grace and a good morning to all who come to this friendly kitchen
Good greeting back to you,
glad to hear the Missus is improving -
more of that.

Well,
A BIG day in the USA tomorrow ...

hope you & all here will enjoy it o the fullest measure.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27273 Jul 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good greeting back to you,
glad to hear the Missus is improving -
more of that.
Well,
A BIG day in the USA tomorrow ...
hope you & all here will enjoy it o the fullest measure.
Grace I thought I was back in Vietnam. I had an accident with a box knife and I cut through my nail. It didn't hurt but if I had snagged it on something it would have tore my nail off. I went to get a plastic nail put on it and the manicurist didn't speak Englis. I finally saw a plastic nail and laid it over my torn nail and put 1 finger in the air and she finally figured out what I wanted. She did a great job and charged me $2 :)

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27274 Jul 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I thought I was back in Vietnam. I had an accident with a box knife and I cut through my nail. It didn't hurt but if I had snagged it on something it would have tore my nail off. I went to get a plastic nail put on it and the manicurist didn't speak Englis. I finally saw a plastic nail and laid it over my torn nail and put 1 finger in the air and she finally figured out what I wanted. She did a great job and charged me $2 :)
OMG!

is all I can say!

[head buried in hands]

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#27275 Jul 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Madame Grace .... your country make the top five worst possible McDonald's location list
Bray Town Hall—Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
Bray Town Hall, built in the Tudor Revival style, was commissioned by Reginald Brabazon in 1841. The Town Hall served as the council meeting center of the small village of Bray. A wyvern, the mythological dragon featured on the Brabazon coat of arms, crowns the outside drinking fountain and is a protector for the town and its hall. But even with such a fierce guardian, Ronald could not be kept at bay.
Shameful indeed!

but....it's all the same to me

When this was brought to my attention
a few years ago, I NEVER again darkened.... nor
will I
EVER again.... darken their door..

As you say, Ronald seems to have a way
of getting in wherever he wants.

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#27276 Jul 3, 2013
Are we ready to celebrate Independence Day
tomorrow...getting the Kitchen prepared..
been busy draping the Stars and Stripes all
around the place...and in honour of Denny
and Flower we have hung a Lone Star flag over
one window...

My contribution..Key Lime Pie..

Tony and Sir Tally....you are both inspirations
God forbid anybody else should need such treatment,
if we do, we can look back at how you guys have
faced up to it, with humour and strength. Best of
wishes to you both.

Grace...glad everything is under control with the heart...and thanks for your concern over my bump,
absolutely no problem there, rather mentioned it to show what happens when you are careless (me)!

Trish....you are so welcome,

catch up with y'all tomorrow.

Two hours away from July 4th this side of the pond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 5 min streetglidehoney 10,572
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 8 min Grace Nerissa 48
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min scientia potentia... 216,630
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Lucy the First 206,934
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 23 min 40ish 11,131
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 34 min liam cul8r 1,573
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 35 min Mr_FX 512
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 1 hr freedom2016 984
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 5 hr Spotted Girl 41
More from around the web