El's Kitchen

“Master Baker”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#27237 Jul 2, 2013
Lil song and promise for those who may visit this wonderful kitchen.......
'
'
Seek Ye First

'

dh

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27238 Jul 2, 2013
Duh MELODY wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Just now catching this Sir Tally.. You are in our prayers here as always.. and Lady Ret and maseff hope we are in yours.. Bless you always... 8)
'
Little TOON ----Robert Plant. "I'm In The Mood"--http://www.youtube .com/watch?v=SOeRWKCmhRgXX
'
Teretta ((waves))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah all in the family of which I miss so much

THANKS

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27239 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I just got them clipped so the heat won't bother them too much. Are you ready for all the fireworks:) I just sit in the front yard and watch them while I drink cold beer :)
I not fond of fireworks actually. I almost lost my hand when I was 2, almost 3 - my birthday is the end of the month. I looked like god's most pathetic little creature with my hand all bandaged.

Sure, some of the colorful bursts are beautiful but I'd be just fine without them.

I hope you enjoy your day .... hoist a glass for me ;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27240 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All this Snowden stuff is so over blown. They talk about the terrible damage he has done to our security. What is terrible is the violation of our constitution. I am reading a book that was published two years ago. In it they said that NSA was reading every email, tweet and post on those big Cray computers. Some secret :)
I'm with you wholeheartedly ! What are the odds the CIA will track the kid and kill him?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27241 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Quincy..have you thought about getting a herbal sedative for your dogs? When Guy Fawkes night came round I would give mine a herbal
tablet, I forget the name of it now, but it really relaxed them without any side effects.
I used to show a cat also who was not very amenable to picked up
by the judges, one time, and one time only, I gave him this herbal stuff the morning of the Show, and I am ashamed to say he was a
pussy cat, purring for the judges, licking their hands...I felt so mean I had done that to him, but it wore off by the time we got home, he was his usual beligerent (but adorable) self.
They do work and could perhaps save them any stress.
I could certainly look into it if it would help them. Their barking doesn't bother me I just feel bad for them on high alert all day and so nervous.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27242 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear it is improving Quincy....they say it's a good
thing that the bruising comes out immediately, from there on
it is on the mend. Sounds a real nasty injury for all that,
you have our sympathy there.(I am starting to talk in terms
of 'we'....worrying, lol)

The travel pages in my Sunday newspaper were all about Chicago
I have cut it out and kept it...absolutely top of my Wish List
places to visit. And Persons!....:)
I will proudly say that some travel mag designated the Art Institute the best museum in the US and third best in the world!

In the summer especially there is a lot to do and see.

Just this weekend we drove down to Rainbow Cone

http://rainbowcone.com/#2734

Chocolate, strawberry, Palmer House, Pistachio, and Orange Sherbet. Quite popular and it's been around 4 Ever!!

Sent from my iPhone

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27243 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again

made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing

tues stay the night and hopefully home wed
It's not sympathy, it is well wishes and positive reinforcement. You and Tony are tough old birds and will overcome what ails you; me, I'm a wuss a whining over my sore foot cause I jammed the brake when I was distracted by the iPod.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#27244 Jul 2, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
Hey Deer Whisperer..
Good to see you back... I hope that all is right with your world and life is being kind to you..
We were surrounded all day by storms and they finally closed in on us with a seriousness...hahahaha
Gotta love Indiana Summertime... or Move!
;o)
@}-'--,---
Wishing all the good folks who visit El's Kitchen
Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---
Tony...
I wish you the very best for a successful treatment and a speedy recovery... Keeping you and all of my offbeat friends in my thoughts and prayers...
@}-'--,---
'Lo Valley Rose! All's well here discounting the successive rainy days; hopefully 'bout to change. NOT stinkin' hot though, and that's a "yay"!
Peace in the Valley :)

#27245 Jul 2, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony ... HannibeL lECTUR?? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
It has been a fascinating Wimbledon , I am sure yuo saw that serena Williams lost today?... interesting to note that the guy who beat Federer did so with a strong serve and volley game ... but he lost his next match .... so I guess it was the game of his life.
I still say Federer should adopt a 2 handed backhand, he would be on par with Nadal and Djokovic if he did it.
"OH, Canada!" ( a little late of course)

Yah, the Wimbledon finals are "anybody's guess"!

#27246 Jul 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't mind, but I seem to get a strange craving for fava beans and a nice chianti - have always enjoyed liver!!!
Think the final could be Murray vs Djokovic - be an interesting one as Murray hasn't dropped a set yet in the competition. Sad to see Laura Robson go, but she will be one to watch for the future - at 19 she has plenty of time, assuming she can maintain her motivation. Serena Williams defeat was a surprise, but then this has been a tournament of surprises, so who knows what else may be in store?
yeah, exactly Tony ... surprises galore! Following men's tennis kind of waned for me after the era of Connors, McEnroe, Natasie, Gerulaitus, etc. and Lendl, Becker, and Agassiz (sp).

#27247 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol
Dear me, it never rains but it pours.
Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.
Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.
Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!
Gah! NO! I would have been "seeing stars"! Glad you are OK,{{{ Cuz El }}}

shhh.. don't "say" rain.:)

Good night and good morning Kitchen-eers. And ... Get Well!

#27248 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, U.S. history ... in the midst of the 150th anniversary of the pivotal Battle of Gettysburg (PA) of the U.S. Civil War. The doomed Pickett's Charge was today in 1863.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#27249 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Tony. You and Tally are tough old birds so hang in and get well
Morning Denny - have every intention of doing so - half way there and it's full steam ahead. Trust Mrs D is now fully recovered: a chum of mine's partner had a fairly major stroke a few months back and I'm pleased to say she's doing really well.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#27250 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again
made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing
tues stay the night and hopefully home wed
Good luck mate, you'll be fine. Often the anticipation is worse than the reality: I've found that with much of what I gone through so far.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#27251 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're spectacular Tony! Like a few if my friends currently having a tough time health wise, you seem to have a sense of humor about and positive attitude. That goes a long way.
And hey, better to look like Sir Anthony Hopkins -- he's aged quite well in my book, though I'm sure he's older than you by decades -- than Jaws of the James Bond franchise ;)
Be well
In my book, you can either stick your head in your hands, or you can get on with life. The first achieves nothing, so might as well do the second - it's much more fun anyway.

Pity Sir Anthony only shares a first name and a machine with me - he could have given me some of his looks!! Right now, I'm bald as a coot thanks to chemo - they tell me it will grow back and could be curly: having had straight hair all my life, that might be different!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#27252 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol
Dear me, it never rains but it pours.
Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.
Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.
Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!
The bad news for me is that I will probably miss the rugby on Saturday. What a bummer. Have friends from St Louis who I haven't seen in nearly 20 years staying for the weekend, so unless it is chucking it down with rain (and the forecast is good sadly), will be in Falmouth, showing them the work of Henry VIII's minions with the castles and telling them of the villainous Killigrew family who almost single-handedly created in town in the 17th century.

The hospital wanted to give me a blood transfusion on Friday - having cleared my yardarm for the day with early radiotherapy as my friends arrive Thurs, told them either the day before or Monday - no way on Friday. Cancer does not mean my life is on hold!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#27253 Jul 2, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, exactly Tony ... surprises galore! Following men's tennis kind of waned for me after the era of Connors, McEnroe, Natasie, Gerulaitus, etc. and Lendl, Becker, and Agassiz (sp).
To some degree, I would have agreed about men's tennis (kept a passing interest in Henman and now Murray), but this Wimbledon has changed my view. Having had to watch it with the treatment's effect (daytime UK TV is as bad as in the USA), am hooked on it again. Whilst serve/volley was spectacular, it did pall after a while. There is now more variety in the game as it used to be back in the 60s when I first remember watching.
DNH

Victorville, CA

#27254 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot! I believe the man was referring to having to more surgery!! Ops =operation knucklehead.
Have a little class will ya.
SMD hard

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27255 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the major parts expense is in the brake line pressure hose.. as the hose has to flex and travel with the wheel housing ..price is $40 per foot I needed 5 of them
sounds like a lot of labour .. what is the hourly rate to get mechanical work done these days?? I am guessing that $450 is about 8 hours?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#27256 Jul 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All this Snowden stuff is so over blown. They talk about the terrible damage he has done to our security. What is terrible is the violation of our constitution. I am reading a book that was published two years ago. In it they said that NSA was reading every email, tweet and post on those big Cray computers. Some secret :)
government snooping into the public has gone on for hundreds of years in every nation on earth ...... its just new technology now ....

Many people suspect that the catholic church used the confessional as a means of spying for the government ... in return they got government support to spread around the globe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 3 min Poppyann 3,329
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min DMan 33,141
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 8 min Go Blue Forever 1,175
News Man Caught Having Sex with a Picnic Table (Mar '08) 10 min andet1987 956
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 11 min Poppyann 14,083
2words into 2new words (May '12) 12 min Poppyann 3,753
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 15 min Grace Nerissa 2,924
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min avon5735 19,655
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 197,284
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr Spotted Girl 594
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 2 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,792
More from around the web