“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

#27231 Jul 2, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady Eleanor...
I am happy to report that I have picked two peppers...
;o)
4 cucumbers and 16 green tomatoes..
Today I gave my neighbor 4 big green tomatoes so she can fix some fried green tomatoes..
I have red, yellow and melon colored gladiolas blooming so far... It's funny how the red ones all came up first.. and the ones I planted last year are getting huge! Their flower spikes are really tall (over 4ft.)and full of buds.. I don't know what color they are yet but whatever they turn out to be they are going to be beautiful... I am going to have to secure them so they don't fall over.. I put in a cute little fleur de lis wire fence behind the gladiolas that are planted behind the roses and hostas...
The hostas are all bloomed out too so it is really a wall of color..
The pack are getting restless as it is almost time to go out for that last walk of the day..
I hope that you and the pride are all feeling fit as a fiddle and that your weather is being nice..
Sending you and yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
When I look at the front yard I always think of your beautiful garden... and I can only hope that mine will be as beautiful as yours when I get finished with it...
Good Afternoon Dear Rose...following day
you know how much I enjoy hearing about your gardening skills
and life in general...your garden sounds wonderful, how are
going on in this heat, have you any sprinkler bans or shortage
of water? No matter how much rainfall we have, farther inland
we always seem to have a 'hose-pipe' ban, it's ridiculous.
My Glads are struggling, the Roses are superb this year, three
out of four survived the move, and seem all the better for it.
I haven't bothered with veggies this year....the other week the
Diabetic Society were manning a stall in aid of their branch
in the foyer of the local supermarket, I bought two books and
two tomato plants, which are thriving. Matter of fact, inspired
by your wonderful post this morning I re-potted them and fed them
as they had been neglected I am ashamed to say, whilst I have been helping do this latest DIY effort. They are happy now.
The books were about the most borijg I have ever read, I persevered with the first one right to the very end, hoping it would improve, it didn't, the second one I read a chapter and discarded it. I will take them to the charity shop, along with some other bits and bobs.
Fried Green Tomatoes....my mind immediately goes to the movie...
when you say green, are they a special variety or just unripe?
Always wondered about that.
For now my friend adios.
Much Love to you and yours.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

#27232 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. The nation is all watching the George Zimmerman trial. He killed Trevon Martin. They keep trying to make this about race rather than a mugging. NBC even went so far as to alter the 911 call from Zimmerman. The operator ask if Martin was white, black or Hispanic. They cut out the question and used Zimmerman's remark I think he is black. The thing is Zimmerman is Hispanic All the many murders and for some reason this has become a huge trial
Not something that is news over here Denny...please keep
me posted...

“Master Baker”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#27233 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed this immensley DUH...that little gal is one of
a kind...amazing in fact. I recall you bringing a
contestant to our knowledge some time ago, who I believe
later in the show went on to win...wonder how he is doing
now?
Lovely to see you and hope all is well with both yourself and
Teretta....
Love Always....
'
Very thoughtful of you EL,,, Yes.. LANDAU EUGENE MURPHY has been doing lots and lots of charity work. Raising monies for all kinds of needful people and organizations.. He is using his talent so wisely and giving back to the community and such. Very rare that we somebody with this type of heart..
'
Oh,, BTW. He traded his old beat up truck in for a nice BMW.. I don't blame him. he he..
'
'
This year though.. On our America's Got Talent T.V. show.. I have my eyes and ears on this WONDERFUL-SURPRISING 10 year old...?? There are so many good talents out there.. Touching.
'
This one will knock yer socks off.. WOW!!!!
'
Anna Christine 10 years old.....

'
'
Love you soo much EL. and think of you all-- always and alot.. 8)
'

'
(ok,, Who ate the cinnamon roll I had hid behind the plates?)
'
LOVE, Teretta dh--7007

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27234 Jul 2, 2013
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again

made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing

tues stay the night and hopefully home wed
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#27235 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
thanks all for your kind thoughts , but I got exactly what I didn't want to here , next Tues again , the ops was defective ... redo again
made the doc promise that he will knock me out I don't want to feel/hear/see nothing
told ya
Duh MELODY

Huntington, WV

#27236 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
'
Just now catching this Sir Tally.. You are in our prayers here as always.. and Lady Ret and maseff hope we are in yours.. Bless you always... 8)
'
Little TOON ----Robert Plant. "I'm In The Mood"--XXYOUTUBE-SOeRWKCm hRgXX
'

Teretta ((waves))

“Master Baker”

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#27237 Jul 2, 2013
Lil song and promise for those who may visit this wonderful kitchen.......
'
'
Seek Ye First

'

dh

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27238 Jul 2, 2013
Duh MELODY wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Just now catching this Sir Tally.. You are in our prayers here as always.. and Lady Ret and maseff hope we are in yours.. Bless you always... 8)
'
Little TOON ----Robert Plant. "I'm In The Mood"--http://www.youtube .com/watch?v=SOeRWKCmhRgXX
'
Teretta ((waves))
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah all in the family of which I miss so much

THANKS

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27239 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I just got them clipped so the heat won't bother them too much. Are you ready for all the fireworks:) I just sit in the front yard and watch them while I drink cold beer :)
I not fond of fireworks actually. I almost lost my hand when I was 2, almost 3 - my birthday is the end of the month. I looked like god's most pathetic little creature with my hand all bandaged.

Sure, some of the colorful bursts are beautiful but I'd be just fine without them.

I hope you enjoy your day .... hoist a glass for me ;-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27240 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All this Snowden stuff is so over blown. They talk about the terrible damage he has done to our security. What is terrible is the violation of our constitution. I am reading a book that was published two years ago. In it they said that NSA was reading every email, tweet and post on those big Cray computers. Some secret :)
I'm with you wholeheartedly ! What are the odds the CIA will track the kid and kill him?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27241 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Quincy..have you thought about getting a herbal sedative for your dogs? When Guy Fawkes night came round I would give mine a herbal
tablet, I forget the name of it now, but it really relaxed them without any side effects.
I used to show a cat also who was not very amenable to picked up
by the judges, one time, and one time only, I gave him this herbal stuff the morning of the Show, and I am ashamed to say he was a
pussy cat, purring for the judges, licking their hands...I felt so mean I had done that to him, but it wore off by the time we got home, he was his usual beligerent (but adorable) self.
They do work and could perhaps save them any stress.
I could certainly look into it if it would help them. Their barking doesn't bother me I just feel bad for them on high alert all day and so nervous.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27242 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear it is improving Quincy....they say it's a good
thing that the bruising comes out immediately, from there on
it is on the mend. Sounds a real nasty injury for all that,
you have our sympathy there.(I am starting to talk in terms
of 'we'....worrying, lol)

The travel pages in my Sunday newspaper were all about Chicago
I have cut it out and kept it...absolutely top of my Wish List
places to visit. And Persons!....:)
I will proudly say that some travel mag designated the Art Institute the best museum in the US and third best in the world!

In the summer especially there is a lot to do and see.

Just this weekend we drove down to Rainbow Cone

http://rainbowcone.com/#2734

Chocolate, strawberry, Palmer House, Pistachio, and Orange Sherbet. Quite popular and it's been around 4 Ever!!

Sent from my iPhone

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27243 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:

It's not sympathy, it is well wishes and positive reinforcement. You and Tony are tough old birds and will overcome what ails you; me, I'm a wuss a whining over my sore foot cause I jammed the brake when I was distracted by the iPod.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#27244 Jul 2, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
Hey Deer Whisperer..
Good to see you back... I hope that all is right with your world and life is being kind to you..
We were surrounded all day by storms and they finally closed in on us with a seriousness...hahahaha
Gotta love Indiana Summertime... or Move!
;o)
@}-'--,---
Wishing all the good folks who visit El's Kitchen
Peace, Love, Health and Happiness...
@}-'--,---
Tony...
I wish you the very best for a successful treatment and a speedy recovery... Keeping you and all of my offbeat friends in my thoughts and prayers...
@}-'--,---
'Lo Valley Rose! All's well here discounting the successive rainy days; hopefully 'bout to change. NOT stinkin' hot though, and that's a "yay"!
Peace in the Valley :)

informs against BS

#27245 Jul 2, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony ... HannibeL lECTUR?? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
It has been a fascinating Wimbledon , I am sure yuo saw that serena Williams lost today?... interesting to note that the guy who beat Federer did so with a strong serve and volley game ... but he lost his next match .... so I guess it was the game of his life.
I still say Federer should adopt a 2 handed backhand, he would be on par with Nadal and Djokovic if he did it.
"OH, Canada!" ( a little late of course)

Yah, the Wimbledon finals are "anybody's guess"!

informs against BS

#27246 Jul 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't mind, but I seem to get a strange craving for fava beans and a nice chianti - have always enjoyed liver!!!
Think the final could be Murray vs Djokovic - be an interesting one as Murray hasn't dropped a set yet in the competition. Sad to see Laura Robson go, but she will be one to watch for the future - at 19 she has plenty of time, assuming she can maintain her motivation. Serena Williams defeat was a surprise, but then this has been a tournament of surprises, so who knows what else may be in store?
yeah, exactly Tony ... surprises galore! Following men's tennis kind of waned for me after the era of Connors, McEnroe, Natasie, Gerulaitus, etc. and Lendl, Becker, and Agassiz (sp).

informs against BS

#27247 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol
Dear me, it never rains but it pours.
Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.
Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.
Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!
Gah! NO! I would have been "seeing stars"! Glad you are OK,{{{ Cuz El }}}

shhh.. don't "say" rain.:)

Good night and good morning Kitchen-eers. And ... Get Well!

informs against BS

#27248 Jul 2, 2013
Oh, U.S. history ... in the midst of the 150th anniversary of the pivotal Battle of Gettysburg (PA) of the U.S. Civil War. The doomed Pickett's Charge was today in 1863.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#27249 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Tony. You and Tally are tough old birds so hang in and get well
Morning Denny - have every intention of doing so - half way there and it's full steam ahead. Trust Mrs D is now fully recovered: a chum of mine's partner had a fairly major stroke a few months back and I'm pleased to say she's doing really well.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#27250 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Good luck mate, you'll be fine. Often the anticipation is worse than the reality: I've found that with much of what I gone through so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
\#/* - - - Last "2" Letters - - - *\#/ (Nov '12) 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,036
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 413
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 19 min pit 1,068
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,305
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min xxxooxxx 132,506
ChANge "2" letter ChANgLE 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 57
True or False Game 37 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,253
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr _hellbilly_ 226
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 152,460
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr Roy 25,663
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 7 hr -Lea- 47
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 7 hr Santa 128
More from around the web