El's Kitchen

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

#27210 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
well looks like this ops was a failure and a redo is in order .. don't know if i can handle another one .... have to back tomorrow , surgeon will be there .... he wasn't today . also a $600 brake repair
You can handle it....it's just a glitch, you will be fine.
It's the $600 bill is the big worry! LOL
Sir Tally...you have the love and support of the entire kitchen
crew behind you today (well, almost all) lol, and we wish you
all the very best for this latest hurdle...

Elxx

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

UK

#27211 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
well looks like this ops was a failure and a redo is in order .. don't know if i can handle another one .... have to back tomorrow , surgeon will be there .... he wasn't today . also a $600 brake repair
You can handle another one if it is necessary Tally - If I were you, I'd be more worried about the brake repair! I'm stuck linked up to the poison machine for another four hour top up session today, so catching up with the Kitchen. Stay strong my friend, both of us know what resilience is from our pasts - I am certain you can come through another procedure if it is required. Now where's that darned Hannibal Lector machine gone?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

UK

#27212 Jul 2, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony ... HannibeL lECTUR?? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
It has been a fascinating Wimbledon , I am sure yuo saw that serena Williams lost today?... interesting to note that the guy who beat Federer did so with a strong serve and volley game ... but he lost his next match .... so I guess it was the game of his life.
I still say Federer should adopt a 2 handed backhand, he would be on par with Nadal and Djokovic if he did it.
I wouldn't mind, but I seem to get a strange craving for fava beans and a nice chianti - have always enjoyed liver!!!

Think the final could be Murray vs Djokovic - be an interesting one as Murray hasn't dropped a set yet in the competition. Sad to see Laura Robson go, but she will be one to watch for the future - at 19 she has plenty of time, assuming she can maintain her motivation. Serena Williams defeat was a surprise, but then this has been a tournament of surprises, so who knows what else may be in store?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27214 Jul 2, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello Franko, I don't see you very often and I just wanted to say hey and I hope all is well with you and yours. Hope your business venture is going as you hoped and you feel good about it.
Hello El and all of you. I've really appreciated my stops in here, you are all a very pleasant group of folks with some very interesting things on your mind at any given time. I think what I appreciate the most is that while you may not all agree on certain things, you are very respectful about disagreeing. That a beautiful thing.
Peace and wellness to all of you.:)
Good morning. It is a record 65 this morning so it should be a great day. Hard to believe tomorrow is the 4th and we will be in the 80's. This is a lovely bunch of folks who respect each other and are interested in all points of view :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27215 Jul 2, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tony ... HannibeL lECTUR?? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!

It has been a fascinating Wimbledon , I am sure yuo saw that serena Williams lost today?... interesting to note that the guy who beat Federer did so with a strong serve and volley game ... but he lost his next match .... so I guess it was the game of his life.

I still say Federer should adopt a 2 handed backhand, he would be on par with Nadal and Djokovic if he did it.
Yeah, but in my book Anthony Hopkins is pretty good looking!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27216 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You can handle it....it's just a glitch, you will be fine.
It's the $600 bill is the big worry! LOL
Sir Tally...you have the love and support of the entire kitchen
crew behind you today (well, almost all) lol, and we wish you
all the very best for this latest hurdle...
Elxx
Good morning El. The nation is all watching the George Zimmerman trial. He killed Trevon Martin. They keep trying to make this about race rather than a mugging. NBC even went so far as to alter the 911 call from Zimmerman. The operator ask if Martin was white, black or Hispanic. They cut out the question and used Zimmerman's remark I think he is black. The thing is Zimmerman is Hispanic All the many murders and for some reason this has become a huge trial

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27217 Jul 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can handle another one if it is necessary Tally - If I were you, I'd be more worried about the brake repair! I'm stuck linked up to the poison machine for another four hour top up session today, so catching up with the Kitchen. Stay strong my friend, both of us know what resilience is from our pasts - I am certain you can come through another procedure if it is required. Now where's that darned Hannibal Lector machine gone?
Good morning Tony. You and Tally are tough old birds so hang in and get well

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27218 Jul 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>thanks ...
Unfortunately, it seems we're all 'under the weather' in some fashion - some of us more serious than others.

Sorry to hear that your surgery didn't go as planned. Hope the news gets better for you ... and soon.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27219 Jul 2, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind, but I seem to get a strange craving for fava beans and a nice chianti - have always enjoyed liver!!!

Think the final could be Murray vs Djokovic - be an interesting one as Murray hasn't dropped a set yet in the competition. Sad to see Laura Robson go, but she will be one to watch for the future - at 19 she has plenty of time, assuming she can maintain her motivation. Serena Williams defeat was a surprise, but then this has been a tournament of surprises, so who knows what else may be in store?
You're spectacular Tony! Like a few if my friends currently having a tough time health wise, you seem to have a sense of humor about and positive attitude. That goes a long way.

And hey, better to look like Sir Anthony Hopkins -- he's aged quite well in my book, though I'm sure he's older than you by decades -- than Jaws of the James Bond franchise ;)

Be well

Mold, UK

#27220 Jul 2, 2013
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol

Dear me, it never rains but it pours.

Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.

Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.

Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#27221 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. It is a record 65 this morning so it should be a great day. Hard to believe tomorrow is the 4th and we will be in the 80's. This is a lovely bunch of folks who respect each other and are interested in all points of view :)
Hey there Denny! Enjoy your day. Hope Mrs Denny has recovered well.

How are the dogs handling the heat? Didn't you say you have standard poodles? Mine are ok so far but it hasn't been that hot. It's the fireworks I'm concerned about. My old gal is getting over sensitive to loud noise, not that they were ever ok with fireworks.

Some folks sedate their animals. Not my thing.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27222 Jul 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I hope you will excuse my 'multi-post' last night
but I had had a slight accident at the end of the
day..a heavy metal pole fell on top of my head...
can you believe it, had been shinning up and down ladders most of the day, securing the roof of the new shed etc., when about to finish and come indoors, that happened.
The good news I remained conscious and in full command of my faculties, and was able to proceed with making the evening meal. lol
Dear me, it never rains but it pours.
Speaking of which, the Heavens have just opened,
and it's raining.
Wimbledon, as you say Tony, full of surprises, who would have thought Serena in particular would go out at this stage, sad to see Laura go too.
Roll on Saturday for the Rugby, I appear to have caught the bug!
OUCH! Watch out for poles. That is why Germany invaded the Poles

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27223 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How are the dogs handling the heat? Didn't you say you have standard poodles? Mine are ok so far but it hasn't been that hot. It's the fireworks I'm concerned about. My old gal is getting over sensitive to loud noise, not that they were ever ok with fireworks.
I just got them clipped so the heat won't bother them too much. Are you ready for all the fireworks:) I just sit in the front yard and watch them while I drink cold beer :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27224 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
All this Snowden stuff is so over blown. They talk about the terrible damage he has done to our security. What is terrible is the violation of our constitution. I am reading a book that was published two years ago. In it they said that NSA was reading every email, tweet and post on those big Cray computers. Some secret :)

Mold, UK

#27225 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quincy..have you thought about getting a herbal sedative for your dogs? When Guy Fawkes night came round I would give mine a herbal
tablet, I forget the name of it now, but it really relaxed them without any side effects.
I used to show a cat also who was not very amenable to picked up
by the judges, one time, and one time only, I gave him this herbal stuff the morning of the Show, and I am ashamed to say he was a
pussy cat, purring for the judges, licking their hands...I felt so mean I had done that to him, but it wore off by the time we got home, he was his usual beligerent (but adorable) self.
They do work and could perhaps save them any stress.

Mold, UK

#27226 Jul 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I just got them clipped so the heat won't bother them too much. Are you ready for all the fireworks:) I just sit in the front yard and watch them while I drink cold beer :)
One time I had the pleasure of watching Bastille Day celebrated
from my balcony in the beautiful resort of Le Lavendou.
Night time, and fireworks set off from boats in the harbour, it was a wonderful occasion. Just me and my little boy.

Mold, UK

#27227 Jul 2, 2013

Mold, UK

#27228 Jul 2, 2013

Mold, UK

#27229 Jul 2, 2013
Duh wrote:
Mornin EL.... and all who will visit this most delightful kitchen. Just thought I would 'BEE BOB' in here and wish all the very best. El,,, We think of you daily. Always in our thoughts and prayers.
'
Very thankful for friends as such.
'
Ya'll know I am a big fan of these talent shows on the T.V.... This has been the latest SURPRISEz that we have had over here-- across the river....
'
6 Year Old little gal can really bring it!! HUH??
'
oh my... I think she may be one of my children.. hahaha...... Hope you all get a lil kick outta her.. hehehe... WHOA!...
'
AARALYN and IZZY??---enjoi.. hehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =csBTs7eX4D4XX
'
'
dh 8) Hope you have a most blessed day... LOVE
I enjoyed this immensley DUH...that little gal is one of
a kind...amazing in fact. I recall you bringing a
contestant to our knowledge some time ago, who I believe
later in the show went on to win...wonder how he is doing
now?

Lovely to see you and hope all is well with both yourself and
Teretta....

Love Always....

Mold, UK

#27230 Jul 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks El! Much better - I've never seen an injury turn so many colors! And it's not pretty!!
Mighty night!
Glad to hear it is improving Quincy....they say it's a good
thing that the bruising comes out immediately, from there on
it is on the mend. Sounds a real nasty injury for all that,
you have our sympathy there.(I am starting to talk in terms
of 'we'....worrying, lol)

The travel pages in my Sunday newspaper were all about Chicago
I have cut it out and kept it...absolutely top of my Wish List
places to visit. And Persons!....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 164,402
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min Lumatrix 27,721
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 24 min Luke 14
News Village Cites Resident for Having Beehives With... 30 min Mechanic 6
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 31 min Glory Be 4,589
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 46 min Stephany McDowell 163,046
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 48 min Mechanic 650
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 31,985
More from around the web