El's Kitchen

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#27129 Jun 28, 2013
Good day everyone,

DW, hope the little dog will bring a lotta joy.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#27130 Jun 28, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good day everyone,
DW, hope the little dog will bring a lotta joy.
Good morning Grace and El and all my pals :)

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#27131 Jun 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Grace and El and all my pals :)
n' back to YOU with pleasure.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27132 Jun 28, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
n' back to YOU with pleasure.
Another 100 degree day. In 2011 we had 71 days over 100 :( Not so bad this year

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#27133 Jun 28, 2013
Coming by to wish everyone here
a happy, restful weekend, whatever you're
doing..

Last night.. and the previous one
I saw too excellent movies..
should anyone knock across them..

"Pale Rider" a classic with with Clint Eastwood.

and

"A Perfect Murder" .. fine thriller

with Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#27134 Jun 28, 2013
Another fun-filled day acting as Gopher in building
this shed from scratch...taking shape now and tomorrow we get the roof on. Why build when can buy...good question....the area is a not a standard shape, so building it is the only way.
To act as a isolation pen for any sick pets.
Today also chopped two young trees down, and lopped off a Mock Orange tree which had shot up in this rainy season. Who needs the gym? lol

We had an assortment of weather today, 52F, fog and rain, sometimes really heavy rain.

Did you feel the latest earthquake GRACE Friday
night? Nothing much, but felt far afield.

So to All here, just hope you had a fantastic
day, and are enjoying a pleasant evening.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#27135 Jun 29, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Another fun-filled day acting as Gopher in building
this shed from scratch...taking shape now and tomorrow we get the roof on. Why build when can buy...good question....the area is a not a standard shape, so building it is the only way.
To act as a isolation pen for any sick pets.
Today also chopped two young trees down, and lopped off a Mock Orange tree which had shot up in this rainy season. Who needs the gym? lol
We had an assortment of weather today, 52F, fog and rain, sometimes really heavy rain.
Did you feel the latest earthquake GRACE Friday
night? Nothing much, but felt far afield.
So to All here, just hope you had a fantastic
day, and are enjoying a pleasant evening.
Good morning El. 103 today but it is Texas in the summer so what do you expect :) Kind of like the girl in a short skirt who was on a double decker tourist bus in London. As she climbed up the stairs the driver remarked "Kind of airy up there" She said "What did you expect , feathers "

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#27136 Jun 29, 2013
Good Saturday afternoon/evening to all with wishes for a splendid weekend in progress. House chores done while dew drying from the yard. Now, rain clouds threaten.

Thus far, according to my source, the orientation of the new dog to it's new home is going predominantly positive. He was neutered two days before coming home, so in recovery for that. Daughter is trying to keep him 'quiet', reinforcing potty training, crate training, and acclimating with the other four-legged kids.

The vet said the Samoyed was closer to one year rather than 2 years old. Treating for 'kennel cough', and only the kitten-age feline of the 3 she has is wary of the new addition. Next week, after healing, a major bath and grooming looms.

Cuz El ... wishes for a smooth project. Having been one, fortunate for having one for some tasks, and not having a 'gopher' for others prompts me to write that project momentum and completion has much owed to that vital team member. Much.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#27137 Jun 29, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good Saturday afternoon/evening to all with wishes for a splendid weekend in progress. House chores done while dew drying from the yard. Now, rain clouds threaten.
Thus far, according to my source, the orientation of the new dog to it's new home is going predominantly positive. He was neutered two days before coming home, so in recovery for that. Daughter is trying to keep him 'quiet', reinforcing potty training, crate training, and acclimating with the other four-legged kids.
The vet said the Samoyed was closer to one year rather than 2 years old. Treating for 'kennel cough', and only the kitten-age feline of the 3 she has is wary of the new addition. Next week, after healing, a major bath and grooming looms.
Cuz El ... wishes for a smooth project. Having been one, fortunate for having one for some tasks, and not having a 'gopher' for others prompts me to write that project momentum and completion has much owed to that vital team member. Much.
Your last comment brings to mind the many times I had the gopher role as a kid and resented it. But now as an adult I too can confirm how valuable that really is. Over the years I have been on so many projects where not having someone to help get things when I needed them basically doubled the time of the project.

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#27138 Jun 29, 2013
Good Evening all here,
enjoying a splendid mid summer's day here..
not a moment to be wasted...

Enjoy whatever you are doing..

Peace ....

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#27139 Jun 29, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Coming by to wish everyone here
a happy, restful weekend, whatever you're
doing..

Last night.. and the previous one
I saw too excellent movies..
should anyone knock across them..

"Pale Rider" a classic with with Clint Eastwood.

and

"A Perfect Murder" .. fine thriller

with Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow.
I agree Grace - both very well done movies. I'm a Clint Eastwood fan anyway and often catch Pale Rider and other movies of his when I come across them. I was surprised how well I liked Grand Torino since it did not initially interest me.

Enjoy your weekend. I'm mending an injured foot -- good excuse to avoid heavy housework !:-)

Location hidden

#27140 Jun 29, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Grace - both very well done movies. I'm a Clint Eastwood fan anyway and often catch Pale Rider and other movies of his when I come across them. I was surprised how well I liked Grand Torino since it did not initially interest me.
Enjoy your weekend. I'm mending an injured foot -- good excuse to avoid heavy housework !:-)
Sorry to hear you have an injury, do take care of that foot.
Thought of you earlier, caught a tv documentary where they
visited a nice little town called Quincy, close to Tallahassee
if I am not mistaken, fellow does a motor cycle tour through
the Deep South, it was very interesting, grand buildings, and
much history attached.
Hope your foot isn't causing too much pain. Take care..:)

Location hidden

#27141 Jun 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. 103 today but it is Texas in the summer so what do you expect :) Kind of like the girl in a short skirt who was on a double decker tourist bus in London. As she climbed up the stairs the driver remarked "Kind of airy up there" She said "What did you expect , feathers "
LOL! Cheeky them London girls!

Location hidden

#27142 Jun 29, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
Hi Lady Eleanor...
I hope that the world is being kind to you and yours and that you are enjoying a wonderful summer day...
It's free sauna day here in the valley.. the highs in the high 80's, we had some serious storms move through over night so it's really, really humid...
I picked my first green peppers this morning.. so far I've got 2 peppers, 3 cucumbers and a dozen green tomatoes, I sent the tomatoes home with my sister to share with her oldest daughter...
The Gladiolas look wonderful blooming behind the roses and hostas.. It turned out just like I wanted it too...
:o)
Sending you and Yours all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Wishing all of the good folks who visit El's Kitchen a wonderful day filled with laughter and love...
@}-'--,---
Dear Rose..
I so enjoyed hearing all the news...funny how we have the
same choices in our gardens, although over here the weather
has delayed many plants, my Glads are shooting up but no sign
of flowering as yet, but the roses are something to behold this
year. I have one identical to my avatar, it is groaning with
the weight of the blooms, and so highly perfumed, when you think,
these flowers are a gift and priceless.
You have done so well with your produce.....
Don't envy you your humidity, although a little warmer days would
be appreciated here, was freezing working outside yesterday for all my running about, lol.
The Pride took one look outside and decided they would stay indoors
thank you very much!
Sending love to you and to the Pack....

Location hidden

#27143 Jun 29, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Evening all here,
enjoying a splendid mid summer's day here..
not a moment to be wasted...
Enjoy whatever you are doing..
Peace ....
'Morning Grace....
up with the birds this morning, back to sleep shortly.
Nice day over in Dublin yesterday then? Nice enough
here but oh so cold, remained dry which was a bonus
I like a good movie, so thanks for the recommendations
there, a Michael Douglas and Clint Eastwood devotee
so will look out of both of those.
A nice day is forecast today, so aim to make the most
by doing a little here on the job and perhaps a trip
down to the beach for a walk along the Prom. Have a nice
weekend Grace.

Location hidden

#27144 Jun 30, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Good Morning Cuz Luke....it's a respectable time now that I am
here. It sounds as though the Samoyed has fallen on his feet,
in good hands and in good company, his introduction into the
sounds like it's going smoothly enough, kitten cat excepted,
it's surprising how they eventually get over that waryness,
natural enough. I love that breed of dog, I had a Samoyed friend
back at a previous area I lived, he didn't get too much attention
so I would go round and fuss him and talk to him...he lived outside
a stone's throw from where I lived.'Sam' was his name...I forget
the name of his owners.
Thanks for your encouraging remarks over my role as Gopher. lol
Getting past this really! But we are half way there, we got the
roof on late yesterday afternoon, just before it decided to rain,so
that was a bit of luck. Cladding the front today each side of
where the doors are to go...the doors are made.
Great excitement this morning amongst the 'weather girl' and the newsreader...we are to have a high of 70 later....how will we cope?
I hear the temps in the USA or part of, are at an all time world record, that really is worrying, feel for those minus a/c, so
vital in these times.
Thanks for the update on the newcomer, look forward to hearing how he goes on.

Location hidden

#27145 Jun 30, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Your last comment brings to mind the many times I had the gopher role as a kid and resented it. But now as an adult I too can confirm how valuable that really is. Over the years I have been on so many projects where not having someone to help get things when I needed them basically doubled the time of the project.
I was paid a compliment in a roundabout fashion yesterday...
I was having a bit of a grumble as I hauled the last bundle
of wood up the path toward the job in hand,'had I married
somebody else I could have been at the Country Club now, or having
a luxurious massage'...the reply was 'but you wouldn't be having
nearly so much fun'....quite sweet in it's own way don't ya think? lol
It's taking shape now so we are quite enjoying doing it. Also
will cost half the price it would have cost to buy.
Have a nice weekend Franko....

Location hidden

#27146 Jun 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. 103 today but it is Texas in the summer so what do you expect :) Kind of like the girl in a short skirt who was on a double decker tourist bus in London. As she climbed up the stairs the driver remarked "Kind of airy up there" She said "What did you expect , feathers "
Hi Denny...you'd die laughing, we were talking about air conditioning, well, we have another type now, as I made an about turn with a plank of wood over my shoulder and put the window in,
in the garden chalet fortunately...whoops.
It needed replacing anyway!
On a serious note, hope your temps are not escalating as I saw
they are in the West? Pretty early for such temperatures I would have thought....
It was featured on Sky News this morning...
Keep cool and enjoy your weekend.
Krypteia

Bedford, UK

#27147 Jun 30, 2013
Morning El and all,a lovely sunny day here on the coast so we will go out shortly make the most off it.
Well a loss for the Lions by one point so should be a cracker of a game next week for the final test,I just hope we have the same calibre of a ref as yesterday,I thought the ref was superb and had a great game.
Expect Tony will be out on the water today if the weather is the same,well he's only further down the coast awhile so he should be lapping it up,getting that warm salty air in his matelot lungs doing him a power of old..
Krypteia

Bedford, UK

#27148 Jun 30, 2013
That should say good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 1 min SweLL GirL 15,637
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Mister_ E 169,216
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 37 min SweLL GirL 5,879
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 44 min SweLL GirL 9,371
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 47 min SweLL GirL 5,119
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 48 min SweLL GirL 32,699
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 18,637
More from around the web