El's Kitchen

“Daffodil time once more”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26969 Jun 23, 2013
Thanks to CC, BE and to Trish for coming hy....

Hey CC.....New York Cheesecake! Will that
do ya?....:)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#26970 Jun 23, 2013
Evening all, thank you for all who have wished me well - going great guns right now, eating for England (and the rest of the colonies!!) and feeling very good. Interesting week ahead - keep your fingers crossed for me. Weather is going to be good for those of you in UK area for next 7 days - that's a promise - not too hot, but no rain and more than a little sun.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#26971 Jun 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I have never read it. I was merely quoting
a well known line or two out of the book.
Certainly is weird weather, everywhere. Wicked in Pakistan,
so many losses of lives. We in the UK have just been forecast
a decade of rain!!! Three weeks ago they promised us hot
Summers of old were returning. For this they are paid!
we've had more rain and colder weather than normal this June as well ... had to wear a jacket the past few days ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#26972 Jun 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Evening all, thank you for all who have wished me well - going great guns right now, eating for England (and the rest of the colonies!!) and feeling very good. Interesting week ahead - keep your fingers crossed for me. Weather is going to be good for those of you in UK area for next 7 days - that's a promise - not too hot, but no rain and more than a little sun.
Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.

I will be tracking that UK weather since I will be watching all the Wimbledon that I can.

I feel sorry for Federer, he has a bad draw, has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in order to win the title ... they say if he manages to win, it will be his greatest victory ever.

Location hidden

#26973 Jun 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
'Evening Tony...most certainly will be thinking of you early
next week...remember, you are half way there!
Heard that the Lions won....it's a-l-l good.
Cheered immensely by the news of fine weather ahead, thanks so
much for that...:)

Location hidden

#26974 Jun 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.
I will be tracking that UK weather since I will be watching all the Wimbledon that I can.
I feel sorry for Federer, he has a bad draw, has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in order to win the title ... they say if he manages to win, it will be his greatest victory ever.
Hi Franko...I believe Rafael Nadal is in line for Player of the Year, if I have to be honest, he is my favourite player, but all
are so good, so just looking forward to watching some good tennis.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#26975 Jun 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko...I believe Rafael Nadal is in line for Player of the Year, if I have to be honest, he is my favourite player, but all
are so good, so just looking forward to watching some good tennis.
Personally I don't like Rafa quite so much but he is an awesome player. RIght now the top 4 are so good, any one of them could have been world number one at any time in the previous 50 years of tennis. It is rare to have so many good players all at once.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#26976 Jun 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.
I too will be following Wimbledon - usually miss much of it with working at Glastonbury, but because of my treatment, can't go this year. Be interesting to see if Murray can win - it seems to be something of a jinx for him in SW London!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#26977 Jun 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Evening Tony...most certainly will be thinking of you early
next week...remember, you are half way there!
Heard that the Lions won....it's a-l-l good.
Cheered immensely by the news of fine weather ahead, thanks so
much for that...:)
Watched the Lions' game as weather curtailed the sailing - I have to say that they were lucky: not a great game, although 23-21 sounds close. Some very good individual performances, but neither side really played like a team. Some dreadful refereeing didn't help the cause, but I think the Ozzies were a little unlucky not to win - with a decent kicker, they would have.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#26978 Jun 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I too will be following Wimbledon - usually miss much of it with working at Glastonbury, but because of my treatment, can't go this year. Be interesting to see if Murray can win - it seems to be something of a jinx for him in SW London!
Wimbledon has been a jinx for all englishmen for a long time.... also for British women .. the last british woman to win was Virginia Wade, 1977.

Location hidden

#26979 Jun 24, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched the Lions' game as weather curtailed the sailing - I have to say that they were lucky: not a great game, although 23-21 sounds close. Some very good individual performances, but neither side really played like a team. Some dreadful refereeing didn't help the cause, but I think the Ozzies were a little unlucky not to win - with a decent kicker, they would have.
At least you had the game to fall back on, I heard (as I
didn't watch it) that the Lions were lucky to win, but
glad they did, it's a good start for them the first test of
the series.
Looking a tad overcast here btw!

Location hidden

#26980 Jun 24, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Wimbledon has been a jinx for all englishmen for a long time.... also for British women .. the last british woman to win was Virginia Wade, 1977.
Andy Murray is Scottish of course! I genuinly like all four,
(I just like Rafa that little bit more)!

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

#26981 Jun 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks Irish , my Madame Grace ...beautiful day for
.......... anything ....... anything at all
LOL Tally, that's the spirit..

speaking of ....

A drop of Guinness these days would crown you
and bring you on, it's known as a pick-me-up
here, after an illness..
but as the experts say
check with your Dr fist(:
Krypteia

Chichester, UK

#26982 Jun 24, 2013
Morning El and all,going for my annual review with the nurse shortly for my Hypertension review,had to fast for twelve hours,bloody typical normally I'm ok but feel I could eat a whole dolphin on toast at this precise moment,
Well a great win for the England under 20's and a win for the Lions,the ref was a complete muppet typical Southern Hemisphere,how O'Driscoll got two penalties against him I'll never know and the last scrum was a complete farce giving Australia a chance at goal,I'm afraid that ref needs re training..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#26983 Jun 24, 2013
ha ha Madame Grace ... it picks up alright but watch out for the drop off

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#26984 Jun 24, 2013
well don't know why... but a cold glass of milk

seemed like a good idea . after a while my bode disagreed .....

“Happy Birthday”

Level 8

#26985 Jun 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Afternoon Everyone..
it's like Winter here.....it really is.
Can I appeal to you guys to sign the petition
as below, not being on Facebook I have no where
else to put it, it would really help toward
the goal if you do and kindly pass it on to
like-minded friends.
Thanks so much.
http://www.care2.com/causes/beaten-service-do...
I was stunned by the link El,
it left me cold and sickened and equally
filled with admiration for *your*
bringing it to our attention here ..
I signed the MINUTE I read it..

Only by putting the spotlight
on these matters will something ever be done.

El,
Might I make a suggestion, since
you don't do FACEBOOK,[neither do I.]

Would it be a good idea if you gave this
a thread of it's very own, it's important enough..
and, with a catchy thread head to attract readers
I think you'll get a many more votes that way..
for such a worthy cause..

Just a suggestion, but it' your call...
and thanks SO much again, for highlighting such
grave injustice.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26986 Jun 24, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>WEll the provinces in Canada are quite large compared to most states .. after all, we have 10 provinces and 3 territorries in the same area you have 50 states. Only ALaska and Texas match most of the provinces in size. Except for the easternmost provinces, which are smaller for some reason.

SO Calgary is about 1000 miles east of us even though it is the next province to us.

Vancouver is "used to the rain" and spring runnoff, so the area has been better prepared with higher dykes at any creeks and rivers that have previously flooded years ago. Yet, if something really out of the normal could happen and we'd end up with floods too.
Be safe. Someone's pissed off Mother Nature big time and she's really been showing he wrath these last couple of years.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26987 Jun 24, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>there was some flooding in QUebec recently too but not nearly as bad as ALberta .. actually the most common area for flooding is the RED RIVER area just south of WInnipeg ...
When my friend retired back to Canada, she found an apartment in Ottawa by the river. Never mentioned the name but you may know which. Water is beautiful to live by but really dangerous.
joe

Anonymous Proxy

#26988 Jun 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Come on inside, a place to meet YOUR friends.....
and mine, a relaxing place where you can sit around and chill, tell a joke, put your favourite song on, and generally just get along.
Big old fashioned kitchen here, always the smell of freshly brewed coffee, fresh baked bread, why
not grab yourself a coffee, and take the weight off..........
I farted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 7 min Crystal_Clear722 1,881
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min ImFree2Choose 7,181
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 9 min Crazy Jae 2,032
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter 11 min SLY WEST 668
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 14 min Crazy Jae 10,171
motorcycle traveling stories (Mar '15) 14 min Sublime1 1,530
What Could Be Hot? (May '15) 19 min Crazy Jae 457
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr SweLL GirL 181,193
More from around the web