El's Kitchen

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 1,326)

Showing posts 26,501 - 26,520 of33,429
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Step Into My Realm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26960
Jun 23, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. It is a beautiful morning here on my patio with coffee and my pipe :)
Hello Denny! It looks to be a beautiful day shaping up! Isn't the coffee delicious!

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26961
Jun 23, 2013
 
Good Afternoon Everyone..

it's like Winter here.....it really is.

Can I appeal to you guys to sign the petition
as below, not being on Facebook I have no where
else to put it, it would really help toward
the goal if you do and kindly pass it on to
like-minded friends.

Thanks so much.

http://www.care2.com/causes/beaten-service-do...

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26962
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I'm feeling better in both respects , physical and mental..
pass the critical stages now just getting to the cosmetic
It's great to hear that Sir Tally...may you go from strength
to strength.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26963
Jun 23, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Well, El...
After all, Leah failed to take the
prize, eventho' she sang as well as ever,
no point is saying it might be for this reason or that..
or a hundred other reasons -
it's over now and Andrea,
who also sang beautifully, took the prize..
I still feel Leah will [in the right hands]
do extraordinarily well.
Wishing both girls great luck in
their future:
I watched the four finalists at the beginning Grace,
with new eyes as it were.
And I did see what you meant about the male singers,
very good indeed but nothing startling.
The two girls were and it was very close.
Not having watched it all along I felt I could judge the
four 'on the night' but I was hard pressed to choose
between the two girl singers.
Absolutely wish them both lots of luck in the future.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26964
Jun 23, 2013
 
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I hope the lessons of that book and of 21st century history are not forgotten in the future.
That region is not known for flooding problems, this is quite an anomolly ... a combination of spring runnoff of melting snow in the mountains combined with a lot of rain.
I have to admit I have never read it. I was merely quoting
a well known line or two out of the book.

Certainly is weird weather, everywhere. Wicked in Pakistan,
so many losses of lives. We in the UK have just been forecast
a decade of rain!!! Three weeks ago they promised us hot
Summers of old were returning. For this they are paid!

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26965
Jun 23, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning. It is a beautiful morning here on my patio with coffee and my pipe :)
Sounds most relaxing Denny...:)

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26966
Jun 23, 2013
 
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I shocked by the flooding. Not something we often hear about in Canada. Alberta is pretty far east of you isn't it? I imagine Vancouver is rainy like Seattle but hopefully you don't get floods like other areas near bodies of water.
Animal Farm? Brings me back to school days .... when banned books made for insightful reading!
Missed you yesterday Quincy...glad to see you today.

Having said that, I am about to disappear...have a roast
dinner in the oven, followed by New York Cheesecake....
serious comfort food.....:)

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26967
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

this is a semi re-post .....

watching the Yankees Old Timers

the memories that flow from this 70 years of history , not just the men of baseball , but what baseball has meant to my country in times of crisis... when man stood up and said ....

THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA

hope when some of you get old and or grow up you have memories ..... cost a lot of lives

and I know the REALM has it's share and respect for itself as well as the REALM is deserving

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26968
Jun 23, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
this is a semi re-post .....
watching the Yankees Old Timers
the memories that flow from this 70 years of history , not just the men of baseball , but what baseball has meant to my country in times of crisis... when man stood up and said ....
THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
hope when some of you get old and or grow up you have memories ..... cost a lot of lives
and I know the REALM has it's share and respect for itself as well as the REALM is deserving
Indeed.

Not JUST a sport, but an inspiration in times of crisis.

A very thoughtful post, thank you.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26969
Jun 23, 2013
 
Thanks to CC, BE and to Trish for coming hy....

Hey CC.....New York Cheesecake! Will that
do ya?....:)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26970
Jun 23, 2013
 
Evening all, thank you for all who have wished me well - going great guns right now, eating for England (and the rest of the colonies!!) and feeling very good. Interesting week ahead - keep your fingers crossed for me. Weather is going to be good for those of you in UK area for next 7 days - that's a promise - not too hot, but no rain and more than a little sun.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26971
Jun 23, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I have never read it. I was merely quoting
a well known line or two out of the book.
Certainly is weird weather, everywhere. Wicked in Pakistan,
so many losses of lives. We in the UK have just been forecast
a decade of rain!!! Three weeks ago they promised us hot
Summers of old were returning. For this they are paid!
we've had more rain and colder weather than normal this June as well ... had to wear a jacket the past few days ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26972
Jun 23, 2013
 
tony1003 wrote:
Evening all, thank you for all who have wished me well - going great guns right now, eating for England (and the rest of the colonies!!) and feeling very good. Interesting week ahead - keep your fingers crossed for me. Weather is going to be good for those of you in UK area for next 7 days - that's a promise - not too hot, but no rain and more than a little sun.
Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.

I will be tracking that UK weather since I will be watching all the Wimbledon that I can.

I feel sorry for Federer, he has a bad draw, has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in order to win the title ... they say if he manages to win, it will be his greatest victory ever.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26973
Jun 23, 2013
 
tony1003 wrote:
Evening all, thank you for all who have wished me well - going great guns right now, eating for England (and the rest of the colonies!!) and feeling very good. Interesting week ahead - keep your fingers crossed for me. Weather is going to be good for those of you in UK area for next 7 days - that's a promise - not too hot, but no rain and more than a little sun.
'Evening Tony...most certainly will be thinking of you early
next week...remember, you are half way there!
Heard that the Lions won....it's a-l-l good.
Cheered immensely by the news of fine weather ahead, thanks so
much for that...:)

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26974
Jun 23, 2013
 
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.
I will be tracking that UK weather since I will be watching all the Wimbledon that I can.
I feel sorry for Federer, he has a bad draw, has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in order to win the title ... they say if he manages to win, it will be his greatest victory ever.
Hi Franko...I believe Rafael Nadal is in line for Player of the Year, if I have to be honest, he is my favourite player, but all
are so good, so just looking forward to watching some good tennis.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26975
Jun 23, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko...I believe Rafael Nadal is in line for Player of the Year, if I have to be honest, he is my favourite player, but all
are so good, so just looking forward to watching some good tennis.
Personally I don't like Rafa quite so much but he is an awesome player. RIght now the top 4 are so good, any one of them could have been world number one at any time in the previous 50 years of tennis. It is rare to have so many good players all at once.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26976
Jun 23, 2013
 
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey TOny, glad to hear things are going well for you.
I will be tracking that UK weather since I will be watching all the Wimbledon that I can.
I feel sorry for Federer, he has a bad draw, has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in order to win the title ... they say if he manages to win, it will be his greatest victory ever.
I too will be following Wimbledon - usually miss much of it with working at Glastonbury, but because of my treatment, can't go this year. Be interesting to see if Murray can win - it seems to be something of a jinx for him in SW London!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26977
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Evening Tony...most certainly will be thinking of you early
next week...remember, you are half way there!
Heard that the Lions won....it's a-l-l good.
Cheered immensely by the news of fine weather ahead, thanks so
much for that...:)
Watched the Lions' game as weather curtailed the sailing - I have to say that they were lucky: not a great game, although 23-21 sounds close. Some very good individual performances, but neither side really played like a team. Some dreadful refereeing didn't help the cause, but I think the Ozzies were a little unlucky not to win - with a decent kicker, they would have.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26978
Jun 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I too will be following Wimbledon - usually miss much of it with working at Glastonbury, but because of my treatment, can't go this year. Be interesting to see if Murray can win - it seems to be something of a jinx for him in SW London!
Wimbledon has been a jinx for all englishmen for a long time.... also for British women .. the last british woman to win was Virginia Wade, 1977.

“Choices!”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26979
Jun 24, 2013
 
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched the Lions' game as weather curtailed the sailing - I have to say that they were lucky: not a great game, although 23-21 sounds close. Some very good individual performances, but neither side really played like a team. Some dreadful refereeing didn't help the cause, but I think the Ozzies were a little unlucky not to win - with a decent kicker, they would have.
At least you had the game to fall back on, I heard (as I
didn't watch it) that the Lions were lucky to win, but
glad they did, it's a good start for them the first test of
the series.
Looking a tad overcast here btw!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,501 - 26,520 of33,429
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••