El's Kitchen

“March'16”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#26766 Jun 17, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
won't it be cheaper just to wash the old ones ???
LOL,

Hope you won't mind my two cents here, Tally >

Had I attempted to wash mine, before replacement;

the frames would
have disintegrated into a fine powder,
enabling panes of glass to shatter free themselves and
shatter at my feet, Tally.

LOL..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26767 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Lo Grace..
all the time in the world of an evening, but sad to say, I
have 'gone off' The Voice'..I found it was getting a bit
too predictable...sorry to be such a misery....:)
Did you see those on Sky News discussing the winners of
BGT?! Being Hungarian that is. Also saying that it is
unfair for children to compete with adults. I have to say
I am in agreement, what think you?
But some of the kids are so very good. At least they get experience

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26768 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all feel the same Denny...
Not too bad when the weather is fine to have the windows
replaced. We had the double glazing, windows and doors,
installed in the depths of Winter...it was a nightmare,
but has been a blessing since.
Good luck with the job...
I take it you don't leave the windows open in winter like my friends do :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26769 Jun 17, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
won't it be cheaper just to wash the old ones ???
The Brits are so into washing windows. You don't see that much here

“March'16”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#26770 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Grace, I don't mean to be a killjoy.
First off we have hundreds of scouts scouring Britain to find
the most talented act...and a bloody dog wins it.
('scuse my French)
Then, on Britain's Got Talent...a Hungarian act wins.
Is it me, or is there something not quite right about this? LOL
NO..
It's not *you* El,
it's what make these competition/shows so very interesting
a virtual myriad of different opinion,
which can only be good and healthy always.
I half agree with you here, El..
The dog act [winner] IMO,
was superb and a very deserving overall winner,
not because I, love dogs, but to have the ability
to bring ANY animal to that level of training
was tremendous, in itself- how flawless the dog's performance
and content in doing the act with his owner,
done, it seemed, with a two way understanding
and not through fear.
The recent Hungarian win,
I agree, looking at them outside of competition,
as an act, very talented..
but, like you say why call the show
BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT, if ANY outside country can win.
why not call it something else like
THE ULTIMATE TALENT SHOW or suchlike..
I was surprised when Simon said..
EVERYONE was free to enter..
then Why "BRITAIN'S" got talent at all!???

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26771 Jun 17, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>But some of the kids are so very good. At least they get experience
Agreed, some are incredibly talented.

But what they are suggesting is, it would be more fair to
have kids compete against kids, rather than against possibly
more experienced adults.

The majority of adults competing are hoping to make a career out of it, whereas the kids do it as a hobby, something to keep them off the streets.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26772 Jun 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
NO..
It's not *you* El,
it's what make these competition/shows so very interesting
a virtual myriad of different opinion,
which can only be good and healthy always.
I half agree with you here, El..
The dog act [winner] IMO,
was superb and a very deserving overall winner,
not because I, love dogs, but to have the ability
to bring ANY animal to that level of training
was tremendous, in itself- how flawless the dog's performance
and content in doing the act with his owner,
done, it seemed, with a two way understanding
and not through fear.
The recent Hungarian win,
I agree, looking at them outside of competition,
as an act, very talented..
but, like you say why call the show
BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT, if ANY outside country can win.
why not call it something else like
THE ULTIMATE TALENT SHOW or suchlike..
I was surprised when Simon said..
EVERYONE was free to enter..
then Why "BRITAIN'S" got talent at all!???
As W.C. Fields said, anyone who hates dogs and kids can't be all bad :) He hated to follow those acts

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26773 Jun 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
NO..
It's not *you* El,
it's what make these competition/shows so very interesting
a virtual myriad of different opinion,
which can only be good and healthy always.
I half agree with you here, El..
The dog act [winner] IMO,
was superb and a very deserving overall winner,
not because I, love dogs, but to have the ability
to bring ANY animal to that level of training
was tremendous, in itself- how flawless the dog's performance
and content in doing the act with his owner,
done, it seemed, with a two way understanding
and not through fear.
The recent Hungarian win,
I agree, looking at them outside of competition,
as an act, very talented..
but, like you say why call the show
BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT, if ANY outside country can win.
why not call it something else like
THE ULTIMATE TALENT SHOW or suchlike..
I was surprised when Simon said..
EVERYONE was free to enter..
then Why "BRITAIN'S" got talent at all!???
Oh agreed Grace, the dog was fantastic, wonderful bond
with it's owner and all that, but show it at Crufts, a
DOG show, not in competition with people trying to make
a career for themselves.

I mean to say, if I was booking a night out at a theatre,
and the choice was say, Tom Jones and some dog with it's
loving owner...gimme Tom Jones any day. How long could
one stand watching it doing it's stuff? lol

THE ULTIMATE TALENT SHOW would be a fantastic name for the
show...spot on Grace.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26774 Jun 17, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>As W.C. Fields said, anyone who hates dogs and kids can't be all bad :) He hated to follow those acts
LOL! I love dogs to bits....I also love kids particularly if
they love or at least have some respect for, animals.

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26775 Jun 17, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you don't leave the windows open in winter like my friends do :)
Yep...I fling open the windows every morning as the heat goes
off, airs the rooms.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#26776 Jun 17, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Hope you won't mind my two cents here, Tally >
Had I attempted to wash mine, before replacement;
the frames would
have disintegrated into a fine powder,
enabling panes of glass to shatter free themselves and
shatter at my feet, Tally.
LOL..
hell Madame Grace you can come in any time on me ...

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26777 Jun 17, 2013
My mad is up now.

Icon this...

First of all, Belfast has some of the best hotels
in GB....and the Obamas are staying Dublin?

Secondly, why in Hell's name are we there? Kidding
ourselves we are still a great power. Having surrended most of rule making to Brussels...and cut our Armed Forces to an absolute minimum....

Thirdly...it's gets my goat that any visiting Head of State can presume to interfere with us...the U.K. When they get their own house in order, then
feel free....until then....

“March'16”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#26778 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace.
You wouldn't want anything but the truth I am sure.
Leah was killing me alright, and it wasn't softly.
It wasn't for me I'm afraid, I thought she murdered
the song.
Now this one is sweet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O1eOsMc2FggXX
just my opinion of course. And no offence intended.
That is right El,
We will agree to differ on this,
whilst Roberta sings it well, no doubt,
but sings it like everyone else sings that song..

the 'VOICE UK'
girl gives it a very different treatment..
and that appealed to me -

and
NO offense taken El..

That's the beauty of 'opinion'
each one is different,
and valuable.

“March'16”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#26779 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
My mad is up now.
Icon this...
First of all, Belfast has some of the best hotels
in GB....and the Obamas are staying Dublin?
Secondly, why in Hell's name are we there? Kidding
ourselves we are still a great power. Having surrended most of rule making to Brussels...and cut our Armed Forces to an absolute minimum....
Thirdly...it's gets my goat that any visiting Head of State can presume to interfere with us...the U.K. When they get their own house in order, then
feel free....until then....
Dono' much about the politics of it, El,
but ..
apparently when Obama was in Southern Ireland before,
he said many times how he thought his daughters
would love it so much and vowed he would bring them
back, and that's what he decided, on this trip - they stay in Dublin,
visit Trinity College, have a private showing of
RIVERDANCE, etc...while he talks 'shop' up North(:

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#26780 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
My mad is up now.
Icon this...
First of all, Belfast has some of the best hotels
in GB....and the Obamas are staying Dublin?
Secondly, why in Hell's name are we there? Kidding
ourselves we are still a great power. Having surrended most of rule making to Brussels...and cut our Armed Forces to an absolute minimum....
Thirdly...it's gets my goat that any visiting Head of State can presume to interfere with us...the U.K. When they get their own house in order, then
feel free....until then....
Good morning, Cuz El. You're 'secondly' and 'thirdly' are beyond my understanding so I must defer.

I don't get the ire [:)] about the family separating themselves from the business meeting the Pres. is attending in Belfast to take in some Dublin doings?!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-17/obam...

----First Lady Michelle Obama and the presidents daughters, Malia and Sasha, who accompanied him to Belfast, will travel to Dublin, Ireland, for the duration of the summit. Their itinerary includes a tour of Trinity College, Irelands oldest university, and archives the college has gathered that document the Obamas Irish ancestry. They will also attend a performance of Celtic dance company Riverdance.

Obama and his family will continue on to Berlin with an itinerary that includes a presidential speech at the citys Brandenburg Gate and a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel before returning to the U.S----

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#26781 Jun 17, 2013
Okey-dokey Kitchen-eers ... give it your all on Tuesday!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26782 Jun 17, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
My mad is up now.

Icon this...

First of all, Belfast has some of the best hotels
in GB....and the Obamas are staying Dublin?

Secondly, why in Hell's name are we there? Kidding
ourselves we are still a great power. Having surrended most of rule making to Brussels...and cut our Armed Forces to an absolute minimum....

Thirdly...it's gets my goat that any visiting Head of State can presume to interfere with us...the U.K. When they get their own house in order, then
feel free....until then....
Hi El! By all means get your mad up
Never been to Ireland so I will take word on best hotels in Belfast..was blissfully unaware of the goings on in Brussels......but whole heartedly agree that US presidents tend to be full of hubris and have the unmitigated gall to tell other heads of state how to run their own countries !

As if Clinton or Bush 1 or Bush 2 or even Obama would take that sitting down!! Disgraceful!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26783 Jun 17, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Okey-dokey Kitchen-eers ... give it your all on Tuesday!
Backatcha Dear Deer Whisperer :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#26784 Jun 18, 2013
good morning LADY EL ...MADAME GRACE, ladies and gents of the realm... and to the iconer as well

“United for Hillsborough!”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26785 Jun 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right El,
We will agree to differ on this,
whilst Roberta sings it well, no doubt,
but sings it like everyone else sings that song..
the 'VOICE UK'
girl gives it a very different treatment..
and that appealed to me -
and
NO offense taken El..
That's the beauty of 'opinion'
each one is different,
and valuable.
'Morning Grace,

lovely morning here, looks like Summer has returned.

'Killing Me Softly'....

It was written by a gentle lady for a gentleman.

I doubt very much if she would have cared to hear it sung
in this manner, and neither did I.

It wasn't just a case of personal like/dislike, it was
an opinion I voiced on the how the song was intended to be sung.
A poem set to music.

If you will, please scroll down to the video where Lori Leiberman
sings her song.

http://www.don-mclean.com/killingmesoftly.asp

I would add that Roberta Flack's version is completely different,
but still easy on the ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min syamsu 195,310
News Astronomers: Alien Civilizations Almost Certain... 44 min Spotted Girl 12
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 53 min beatlesintheblog 144,077
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min Princess Hey 189,184
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 12,302
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 1 hr Spotted Girl 6,100
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,066
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 34
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,738
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 9 hr TheJerseyDevil 5,307
More from around the web