Comments
26,281 - 26,300 of 35,927 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26740
Jun 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trooping of the Colour was impressive as ever - you can always rely on the Wooden Tops and the Donkey Wallopers to put on great ceremonial - it's what they do best (great advantage is that it requires a minimum amount of brain!). Interestingly, the 2 i/c on parade was one Major Henry Bettinson - in a previous life I taught him for his History GCSE and he was an NCO in the cadet force I ran.
Oh aye! Good to see you 'round and about and writing about sailin' the seas once again, Admira-ble :)
Krypteia

Lancing, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26741
Jun 17, 2013
 
Morning El and all,been a great weekend well for rugby nuts like me anyway,the Lions are looking promising a lot of strength especially in the pack,think the scrims are going to be a problem for Australia,fingers crossed,as for England couldn't wish for a better tour for such a young in experienced team,they took Argentina apart,and won both test which hasn't happened in about thirty years,it's good news giving Stuart Lancaster a head ache who to have in the team after the Lions have finished...
Trooping the colour excellent as always the wooden tops doing what they do best,I love the Grenadiers march tune,every regiment,battalion had a grenadier company once upon a time.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bournemouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26742
Jun 17, 2013
 
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
The body has a way of telling us enough is enough, let me recharge.
The Solent looks beautiful (thank heavens for google). I love the water and the beach and being on the water whatever size craft. I don't own a boat and am lost in the lingo but enjoy it all just the same. Will the trip be recreation or part of your work?
No, this one is work - need to do something to earn a crust as for the last three months have earned nothing!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26743
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this one is work - need to do something to earn a crust as for the last three months have earned nothing!
negative Capt . you have earned more than ever can be expressed ...the admiration of mankind ....

PRICELESS sir PRICELESS ... god bless

btw say hey to her Majesty as you go by please

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26744
Jun 17, 2013
 
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden slumbers for ye, Eleanorigby then after all the serenading. Puttin' in a word about watching bits of Trooping of the Color on Saturday morn's news programs. HRM Elizabeth looked quite sharp in her royal blue suit, don't you think?! I hope Prince Philip is getting on his recovery quite rightly. You should know that about 3 weeks ago, it was noticed here in the U.S. how "Captain Wales" (Prince Harry) handled himself superbly and participated in several formal and informal events, including a time playing sports with wounded (minus a limb or two) military folk. Oh, and his very recent 'copter tricks at an air show was shown over here too -- bumpy Kate's ship-christening too!
Happy Fathers Day, Kitchen-eers! Got a special card from my oldest and the grand-kiddies. They are all enjoying themselves in a theme park this weekend. The two local ones treated a lunch today. umm, umm, ummm
I did Luke, I thought Her Majesty looked very sharp indeed,
struck just the right note with that outfit. The papers are
full of photos of Kate as it was her last public engagement
prior to giving birth, must say she looked extremely radiant.
The energy of the Queen is something to be admired, after all
that standing around for hours on end, she changed outfits and
went to visit the Duke in hospital...not bad for an 87yr old.
Interesting to hear how Captain Wales went down your side of
the pond, a very likeable person..and committed to the military,
as of course his brother is..often William flies over here
en route to another rescue, some of which are now being televised.
Good to hear you was in the good company of your daughters
yesterday and remembered fondly by your other one....
Really good to see you hear again Dear Luke.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26745
Jun 17, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
negative Capt . you have earned more than ever can be expressed ...the admiration of mankind ....
PRICELESS sir PRICELESS ... god bless
btw say hey to her Majesty as you go by please
I will second that Sir Tally....and hope you are doing well
yourself, you too have our admiration here if only you knew
in how you have handled your own problems with health scares,
can only say hope you are winning the battle also.

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26746
Jun 17, 2013
 
GREAT excitement over here today
The OBAMAS are hereabouts..

Mrs Obama introduced her famous hubby to
talk to a hall full of students in BELFAST.

He .. the great orator, as usual, didn't disappoint!

She, Mrs Obama and daughters are staying in Dublin
a few nights, they will visit Trinity College,
and observe the tracing of HER ancestry,
later a visit to a special performance of
RIVERDANCE in a Dublin theatre. et.. etc..
bit of red carpet treatment!

How lovely the Obama daughters are turning out..
and Lady Obama still has that warmth which
captures everyone, it seems.

can be seen in SKY NEWS..

I imagine you will look in... El, knowing your
keen interest in current affairs.!

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26747
Jun 17, 2013
 
El,
Wonder do you still have time to follow>

THE VOICE UK?
I find it GREAT,
with all due respect very much better and more
captivating than the Irish version
[ducking the stones and arrows] LOL

but credit where it's due..

I think this girl LEAH,
from Belfast is *extraordinary*
a unique talent IMO .... to me she stands
out MILES
[thought so from her very 1st appearance.]

from the others who are also very good..

I expect LEAH to win the whole competition.
with ease..
She's just amazing.



Other opinions would be nice..

[thanks]

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26748
Jun 17, 2013
 
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny, you are one of the funniest fellows out here and I so enjoy bumping into your posts.:)))
**pleased to not have discussed politics**
;~)
I love the bump. Got to have the bump :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26749
Jun 17, 2013
 
Krypteia wrote:
Morning El and all,been a great weekend well for rugby nuts like me anyway,the Lions are looking promising a lot of strength especially in the pack,think the scrims are going to be a problem for Australia,fingers crossed,as for England couldn't wish for a better tour for such a young in experienced team,they took Argentina apart,and won both test which hasn't happened in about thirty years,it's good news giving Stuart Lancaster a head ache who to have in the team after the Lions have finished...
Trooping the colour excellent as always the wooden tops doing what they do best,I love the Grenadiers march tune,every regiment,battalion had a grenadier company once upon a time.
Good morning Krypt. Hot summer days here

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26750
Jun 17, 2013
 
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I will second that Sir Tally....and hope you are doing well
yourself, you too have our admiration here if only you knew
in how you have handled your own problems with health scares,
can only say hope you are winning the battle also.
Let me third it El. It is Monday all over town :) Getting new windows installed any day now :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26751
Jun 17, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
GREAT excitement over here today
The OBAMAS are hereabouts..
Mrs Obama introduced her famous hubby to
talk to a hall full of students in BELFAST.
He .. the great orator, as usual, didn't disappoint!
She, Mrs Obama and daughters are staying in Dublin
a few nights, they will visit Trinity College,
and observe the tracing of HER ancestry,
later a visit to a special performance of
RIVERDANCE in a Dublin theatre. et.. etc..
bit of red carpet treatment!
How lovely the Obama daughters are turning out..
and Lady Obama still has that warmth which
captures everyone, it seems.
can be seen in SKY NEWS..
I imagine you will look in... El, knowing your
keen interest in current affairs.!
He is going to Africa soon and it is only going to cost the tax payers $100,000,000 :( They are on a constant campaign vacation tour

“My dog Ali.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26752
Jun 17, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>He is going to Africa soon and it is only going to cost the tax payers $100,000,000 :( They are on a constant campaign vacation tour
LOL, for him, D...(:

And...

Re Tony, your previous post -

Many of us on Offbeat think the same - me included -
& it's why I made that special thread for him..
which is very well supported by many others
who have great admiration for Tony1003.
and how he's dealing with 'this period of time'

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26753
Jun 17, 2013
 
Krypteia wrote:
Morning El and all,been a great weekend well for rugby nuts like me anyway,the Lions are looking promising a lot of strength especially in the pack,think the scrims are going to be a problem for Australia,fingers crossed,as for England couldn't wish for a better tour for such a young in experienced team,they took Argentina apart,and won both test which hasn't happened in about thirty years,it's good news giving Stuart Lancaster a head ache who to have in the team after the Lions have finished...
Trooping the colour excellent as always the wooden tops doing what they do best,I love the Grenadiers march tune,every regiment,battalion had a grenadier company once upon a time.
Afternoon now so I will say Good Afternoon Krypteia.
I got lost on Wikipedia agin..lol.. d'you know, I never ever
realised the original reason for naming the Grenadier Guards
such, figures I know, but it never occurred to me. Just shows,
we live and learn all the time.
Is their march tune The Hugeonots by any chance? If so, my
favourite also.
Brilliant performance from England Rugby squad, I don't often
watch the Rugby but I shan't be missing next Saturdays match.
btw, what's happening with Bale? Oh, and did you see the Man City
line-up....spot the Englishman! Who is the odd one out, lol.
Unbelievable.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26754
Jun 17, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and all my friends
Good Morning Denny....can't remember if I got back to you at all,
wanted to ask you how your wife is, as let's be honest, it's a bit of shock all round when something like that happens, however minimal. Hope she is okay by now..and you too!

Big fuss over here about a supermarket stocking Kangaroo steaks, half the price of beef, but I won't be touching them.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26755
Jun 17, 2013
 
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>He is going to Africa soon and it is only going to cost the tax payers $100,000,000 :( They are on a constant campaign vacation tour
How much is that, per person? A lot of people gripe about the
cost of maintaining the Royals, but at 60pence a year, who's
complaining?

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26756
Jun 17, 2013
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, for him, D...(:
And...
Re Tony, your previous post -
Many of us on Offbeat think the same - me included -
& it's why I made that special thread for him..
which is very well supported by many others
who have great admiration for Tony1003.
and how he's dealing with 'this period of time'
It's a lovely thread Grace, really well visited by people
who otherwise, would not have had the chance to wish Tony
well, not being visitors to the Kitchen.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26757
Jun 17, 2013
 
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello, I wish you all a Happy Day and especially to the Fathers out here and most especially to the Mothers that made it all possible.
:)
Ms El, Thank You for you last note. You are special woman, there is no doubt about that. Thanks for your kindness, even when I was being a brat.'~)
You are never a brat Trish..not in my eyes anyway, and you are
always welcome here...

Thank YOU for your exceptional greeting embracing Fathers AND
Mothers...most thoughtful and memory inspiring.

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26758
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
Wonder do you still have time to follow>
THE VOICE UK?
I find it GREAT,
with all due respect very much better and more
captivating than the Irish version
[ducking the stones and arrows] LOL
but credit where it's due..
I think this girl LEAH,
from Belfast is *extraordinary*
a unique talent IMO .... to me she stands
out MILES
[thought so from her very 1st appearance.]
from the others who are also very good..
I expect LEAH to win the whole competition.
with ease..
She's just amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kOCAU3yj3DQXX
Other opinions would be nice..
[thanks]
'Lo Grace..

all the time in the world of an evening, but sad to say, I
have 'gone off' The Voice'..I found it was getting a bit
too predictable...sorry to be such a misery....:)

Did you see those on Sky News discussing the winners of
BGT?! Being Hungarian that is. Also saying that it is
unfair for children to compete with adults. I have to say
I am in agreement, what think you?

“Poppies. Tower of London”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26759
Jun 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Let me third it El. It is Monday all over town :) Getting new windows installed any day now :)
I think we all feel the same Denny...

Not too bad when the weather is fine to have the windows
replaced. We had the double glazing, windows and doors,
installed in the depths of Winter...it was a nightmare,
but has been a blessing since.
Good luck with the job...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••