El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26706 Jun 14, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll see you your baby Ruth and raise you a $1000,000 bar ;)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Grand_Bar
Good morning Mighty Quinn. I call

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#26708 Jun 14, 2013
Hi one and all - awol as the side effect of the last batch of chemo kicked in for a while.

Sorry to hear the news of your wife Denny, do hope she's now fully recovered. I'm sure the doctors will have warned you about future actions to prevent a repetition.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26709 Jun 15, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Hi one and all - awol as the side effect of the last batch of chemo kicked in for a while.

Sorry to hear the news of your wife Denny, do hope she's now fully recovered. I'm sure the doctors will have warned you about future actions to prevent a repetition.
Hi Tony! Do what ya gotta do and if ya need rest after those rounds take as much as you need. We're rooting for you and always enjoy you stop in the kitchen.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26710 Jun 15, 2013
Sunday being Father's Day here I wanted to wish all the dads who come into the Kitchen a wonderful day. Ill be firing up the grill and taking orders.

.....yes boys I do cook and bake and grill -----and do it rather well I might add!
:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26711 Jun 15, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Hi one and all - awol as the side effect of the last batch of chemo kicked in for a while.
Sorry to hear the news of your wife Denny, do hope she's now fully recovered. I'm sure the doctors will have warned you about future actions to prevent a repetition.
Hi Tony..saw you here early this morning and very glad I was to
do so....since then have been called upon to shift a huge Conifer which was down with the winds yesterday....we do so love a challenge here..:) That's all done and dusted and thankfully the rain kept off while we moved it.
I keep saying this Tony, but you are getting there, and that's the main thing, it's going to be worth all you are going through at the end of the day.
How the Rugby going on?

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26712 Jun 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Sunday being Father's Day here I wanted to wish all the dads who come into the Kitchen a wonderful day. Ill be firing up the grill and taking orders.
.....yes boys I do cook and bake and grill -----and do it rather well I might add!
:)
As it is over here Quincy...am looking forward to being waited
upon tomorrow! Grilled steak would be nice!....:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26713 Jun 15, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Lady El,
Yes, that is what we do here. Get everything set up and running then monitor and provide security, along with first aid as Boomer and I are First Responders. Then we get everything cleaned up so that it looks as if no one had been there. We have an awesome crew and would love to go abroad. Only in Central Ohio at this time.
Lots of Love Always.
'Afternoon BE....WOW! Never realised! Well, I had a good scout around Central Ohio festivals yesterday afternoon, absolutely fascinating, and also found a link to the Central Ohio Steam train festival, the actual name escapes me now, but enjoyed viewing it no end. Those trains are something else, I like how some have a bell only, rather than a siren, it was really enjoyable to watch and listen to anyway.
The ones over here tend to be mostly music orientated from what I
can deduce....other than that we have Agricultural Fairs, one coming up on the island in August,(Anglesey) very popular one.
Plus the usual craft fairs of course.
Have a great weekend...
Love and Peace to you both..

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26714 Jun 15, 2013
Good Day to All here,

Tony, Krypteia, did you watch Trooping of the Colour?

Downed tools (tree moving) at half past ten and
caught the majority of it, really excellent to
watch and H.M looked marvellous as ever, fitting
the Duke of Kent stood in for Prince Philip....
whom we wish a speedy recovery.

Tree moving sounds a bit grand...in reality it was a 9 feet Conifer in a pot, brought it through the house to transplant in the back garden...never again!

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.....

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#26715 Jun 15, 2013
Gd Evening from a sweet VERY sunny, mild, windy Dublin...
Robbie Williams .. Bon Jovi.. Neil Young,
playing here tonight to massive crowds in great
summer atmosphere -



My cousin's just been here for her check-up and gone [from Thurs]

I did my best for her but feel ultra wrecked now -
I 'know' that's not very good English, lol
but .. it's exactly how I feel! BUT...
with NO regrets.. just...
(not as young as I was(:

Must go recharge the batteries,
warmest regards to ALL on the thread.

Tony,
you're gettin' there bit by bit..

but GETTING THERE,
which is all important.

Love n' Peace.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#26717 Jun 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony! Do what ya gotta do and if ya need rest after those rounds take as much as you need. We're rooting for you and always enjoy you stop in the kitchen.
Cheers RMQ - I'm not sitting on my backside - skippering a yacht in the Solent next weekend as I've had enough of not being on the water this year!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#26718 Jun 15, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony..saw you here early this morning and very glad I was to
do so....since then have been called upon to shift a huge Conifer which was down with the winds yesterday....we do so love a challenge here..:) That's all done and dusted and thankfully the rain kept off while we moved it.
I keep saying this Tony, but you are getting there, and that's the main thing, it's going to be worth all you are going through at the end of the day.
How the Rugby going on?
Last night's rugby (England against Argentina) was brilliant: a young, inexperienced England side (incredibly, Brian O'Driscoll of Ireland has 15 more international caps personally than the whole of the side put together!!) took the Pumas apart and beat them 51-26. First time ever in Argentina we've managed back to back test wins, a superb job. Now we need to explain to the Argies that a certain area is called the Falklands, not the Malvinas!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#26719 Jun 15, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Day to All here,
Tony, Krypteia, did you watch Trooping of the Colour?
Downed tools (tree moving) at half past ten and
caught the majority of it, really excellent to
watch and H.M looked marvellous as ever, fitting
the Duke of Kent stood in for Prince Philip....
whom we wish a speedy recovery.
Tree moving sounds a bit grand...in reality it was a 9 feet Conifer in a pot, brought it through the house to transplant in the back garden...never again!
Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.....
Trooping of the Colour was impressive as ever - you can always rely on the Wooden Tops and the Donkey Wallopers to put on great ceremonial - it's what they do best (great advantage is that it requires a minimum amount of brain!). Interestingly, the 2 i/c on parade was one Major Henry Bettinson - in a previous life I taught him for his History GCSE and he was an NCO in the cadet force I ran.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26720 Jun 16, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Gd Evening from a sweet VERY sunny, mild, windy Dublin...
Robbie Williams .. Bon Jovi.. Neil Young,
playing here tonight to massive crowds in great
summer atmosphere -
My cousin's just been here for her check-up and gone [from Thurs]
I did my best for her but feel ultra wrecked now -
I 'know' that's not very good English, lol
but .. it's exactly how I feel! BUT...
with NO regrets.. just...
(not as young as I was(:
Must go recharge the batteries,
warmest regards to ALL on the thread.
Tony,
you're gettin' there bit by bit..
but GETTING THERE,
which is all important.
Love n' Peace.
'Morning Grace,
just came indoors from having breakfast outside and reading
the Sunday paper, Neil Young's tour dates caught my eye, he
is at the )2 arena tomorrow I believe..and ....it is rumoured
to be his last tour. Have a lot of regard fro Neil Young's music.

Well...I do hope you have recovered after all your efforts with
your cousin. She is lucky to have you look after her when she
has to come over for the hospital visits.
They book my brother in the hospital when he travels down from
Cumbria to Manchester for his numerous tests and treatment...
although he has family in the area, they regard him as their responsibility during that period of time.

I know what you mean about 'not getting any younger'...being a
care-giver on a daily basis, my pet moan is 'who looks after the carer', lol. Kidding of course, but it is extremely tiring I agree.

We have a few days out booked and so that will relieve the daily grind.

Back outdoors now, while it is still nice enough.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26721 Jun 16, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trooping of the Colour was impressive as ever - you can always rely on the Wooden Tops and the Donkey Wallopers to put on great ceremonial - it's what they do best (great advantage is that it requires a minimum amount of brain!). Interestingly, the 2 i/c on parade was one Major Henry Bettinson - in a previous life I taught him for his History GCSE and he was an NCO in the cadet force I ran.
'Morning Tony..
looked up Regimental nicknames and found that most amusing, lol,
all in good fun I expect! There were one or two aspects of the
parade P missed yesterday morning, so we watched it again last
night!..
Your former pupil has done you proud, I must say. All very professional and wonderfully done.
Horseguards Parade is very familiar to P his having visited many times due to family connections, myself, although I worked on Pall Mall many years ago, have never been, maybe one day.
Interestingly, his eldest grandson was christened at the Guard's Chapel on Birdcage Walk, just off the Mall.

Fantastic result on the Rugby front....next Saturday should be interesting.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#26722 Jun 16, 2013
Good Morning Guys and Gals,

coming in to wish all Dads everywhere,
past and present, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

Quincy is doing the honours today, so,
the more the merrier, eh Quincy?!....:)

(putting a few chairs and tables outside
seeing as it's such a nice day).....

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#26723 Jun 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Grace,
just came indoors from having breakfast outside and reading
the Sunday paper, Neil Young's tour dates caught my eye, he
is at the )2 arena tomorrow I believe..and ....it is rumoured
to be his last tour. Have a lot of regard fro Neil Young's music.
Well...I do hope you have recovered after all your efforts with
your cousin. She is lucky to have you look after her when she
has to come over for the hospital visits.
They book my brother in the hospital when he travels down from
Cumbria to Manchester for his numerous tests and treatment...
although he has family in the area, they regard him as their responsibility during that period of time.
I know what you mean about 'not getting any younger'...being a
care-giver on a daily basis, my pet moan is 'who looks after the carer', lol. Kidding of course, but it is extremely tiring I agree.
We have a few days out booked and so that will relieve the daily grind.
Back outdoors now, while it is still nice enough.
'Who looks after the carer indeed' El..
well said and you may well ask, you do it
such a lot.[kudos]

me? occasionally...
but kinda thankful I still 'can' do it.

Happy Father's Day to all here,
in this link remembering the Dad's who have
'gone on' mine included



and wishing a most joyful day to those still here.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26724 Jun 16, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers RMQ - I'm not sitting on my backside - skippering a yacht in the Solent next weekend as I've had enough of not being on the water this year!
The body has a way of telling us enough is enough, let me recharge.

The Solent looks beautiful (thank heavens for google). I love the water and the beach and being on the water whatever size craft. I don't own a boat and am lost in the lingo but enjoy it all just the same. Will the trip be recreation or part of your work?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26725 Jun 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Guys and Gals,

coming in to wish all Dads everywhere,
past and present, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

Quincy is doing the honours today, so,
the more the merrier, eh Quincy?!....:)

(putting a few chairs and tables outside
seeing as it's such a nice day).....
Firing up the grills as we speak....

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26726 Jun 16, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers RMQ - I'm not sitting on my backside - skippering a yacht in the Solent next weekend as I've had enough of not being on the water this year!
Get plenty of rest for next week sailor :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26727 Jun 16, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Guys and Gals,
coming in to wish all Dads everywhere,
past and present, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
Quincy is doing the honours today, so,
the more the merrier, eh Quincy?!....:)
(putting a few chairs and tables outside
seeing as it's such a nice day).....
Good morning El and all my friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 2 min Crazy Jae 5,986
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 4 min wichita-rick 6,810
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min quilterqueen 4,605
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min Beverly 25,419
Favorite food (May '11) 15 min quilterqueen 248
The most posts wins (Sep '09) 18 min quilterqueen 2,353
2words into 2new words (May '12) 20 min wichita-rick 8,516
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min CJ Rocker 222,148
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Sublime1 15,337
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 2 hr Sublime1 1,285
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Sublime1 5,494
More from around the web