El's Kitchen

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25983 May 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all, no correction needed that is,
I would say myself that there is a time for
everything, and had I been consulted, lol, I
would have preferred to wait!
I excluded the obvious fact also, that the April Jones
murder was in my back yard so to speak.
Yes,'tis strange how we share musically talented
offspring, nothing to do with me I can assure you,
I was even bribed to mime in the school choir which
was compulsory, I was told how good I was at it, that not
many could carry it off like I did, lol, so felt quite
special rather than insulted. LOL
Well if you will all excuse me now, this is my Swan Song
so to speak, the Kitchen is in good hands and I feel I
have been here just that fraction too long..although
not got around much as I would have liked due to other
committments I have.
So long Everybody...
Take good care.
El,
I know I haven't been drinking as it's too early!!!
but did I read right that you are leaving 'for good'
and so surprised you added this as a
Foot note in a post to me!

Forgive my saying so..
but I am quite surprised and saddened,
NOT that you have EVERY right to leave
and naturally, you have your own reasons,
You may not wish to discuss
I understand all that, 100%-

But it doesn't take away from the fact that
*YOU* will be sorely missed,
and the kitchen will never be the same without
'El' at the helm..
I dono' what else to say right now...
until I take it in.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25984 May 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me how many heads have you saved
Just one. My own

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25985 May 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>"As long as he doesn't make me a
Great GrandMa before my time) j/k.. Lol"

Is there a right time Grace?

My first Grandchild was born the year I was
38 and recovering from Cancer.
By the age of 40 I had three grandchildren.
We were inseperable and I had them weekends,
holidays, sometimes in rotation, lol, took
them abroard, got taken for being Mum..that
appealed to my vanity! Before long lo and
behold another grandson came along, and you
never saw such handsome boys as my grandsons..
yours excepted of course. lol

Still in my 50's although granted towards the
end of that period, saw my first Great Grandchild
born. The most intelligent, musically gifted
child who walked the Earth!....)

So there you have it...ain't so bad being a GREAT...
and you never know, just may be here to see the next
generation come along.
Although I have 'stepped back' somewhat now to let
the natural grandparents have their time.
but...but El, those photos with multiple generations together are priceless! Somewhere in my family there is one with 4 - my uncle; his son; his grandson; & his great-grandson ..... and they all have the same name so it's Sr, Jr, the III, and the IV. Pretty cool!!

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25986 May 23, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
El,
I know I haven't been drinking as it's too early!!!
but did I read right that you are leaving 'for good'
and so surprised you added this as a
Foot note in a post to me!
Forgive my saying so..
but I am quite surprised and saddened,
NOT that you have EVERY right to leave
and naturally, you have your own reasons,
You may not wish to discuss
I understand all that, 100%-
But it doesn't take away from the fact that
*YOU* will be sorely missed,
and the kitchen will never be the same without
'El' at the helm..
I dono' what else to say right now...
until I take it in.
It's nothing personal Grace. I am thankful for all
the friends I have made here, including yourself.
My apologies for tagging my post onto your own, I dunno
why I did that!...:)
But I do know I cannot keep up with offbeat, as previously
mentioned I have other committments, I realise other people
do too, but something has to give in my schedule, I took
too much on having my own thread, I worry tremendously if
I don't reply to any posts...
so...cats and hubby must come first...not necessarily in
that order, LOL.

I will certainly miss all of you! Wish me well as I wish
you all.

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25987 May 23, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>That is rare. I ran into a guy and he was telling me about an article he had read about the way culture had changed since he was a young man. He tolde me he didn't have sex with his wife before marriage and he asked me did you? I told him I don't know. What was your wife's maiden name :)
LOL Denny...:)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25988 May 23, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
but...but El, those photos with multiple generations together are priceless! Somewhere in my family there is one with 4 - my uncle; his son; his grandson; & his great-grandson ..... and they all have the same name so it's Sr, Jr, the III, and the IV. Pretty cool!!
....:)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#25989 May 23, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Pretty feet, but it's pretty good right now. No change in the chemo mix, but my body is handling it much better this time - only one day with no food, unlike seven the last time. My spirits are high, I can feel the cancer shrinking, which makes it all worthwhile.
Glad to see you so optimistic TOny ... keep it up!!! it won't be long and life will be back to normal ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#25990 May 23, 2013
PFfff wrote:
Grace,
I made the mistake of typing in the story on the internet, first thing I saw was this man holding that poor young mans head.
ive thought about it all nite, and cried for his mother... oh I know all of his family is hurting over this, but as a mom I have often wondered why we bring children in this world...
years ago, I remember worrying if I should have a second child, even back then the world seemed "crazy" and I thought I can't wait for the world to fix itself, all I can do is hope and pray that in some way my offspring will do their part in keeping this place somewhat sane.
now I find myself worrying about my grandchildren - what will it be like years from now.
I want to say something Positive here, I really do, but words fail me, because I don't feel positive - in anything for this world. it shakes ur faith, in everything - even the belief in God - well for me anyway.
the worse part is that I don't even care about that either anymore. and to me THAT is the scary part, when the "outside" world creeps into ur little part of it, u know things are bad..
My main source of faith in the world situation is that I believe that the good people outnumber the bad 10 to 1 .... so if it ever came to an all out war, the good side will win ....

What is really sad is that, often the source of motivation for people to commit these attrocities is religiously based .. they are brainwahsed from a young age to believe in ANYTHING they are told when it comes to thier faith ...

I wonder, if they eliminated religion from the earth, would they find some other way to create the same level of brainwashing?? Probably yes ... it seems like there is always going to be a "us against them" scenario on earth.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25991 May 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
PFfff.....I realise this was addressed to Grace but....
just to say there have been wars since the beginning of time
but life goes on. It is human nature to produce.
An image comes into my mind as you query your belief in God
and that is a man standing in the rubble of what was once his
home, his neighbourhood, Oklahoma, and with a twinkle in his
eye told the reporter he had always had a great faith in God.
I found that so touching having been dealt such a blow but
unshaken in his belief.
its true, the world has always been nuts. lol
cruel executions have been around since at least the Roman times, just watch any history movie and its in the story line. its like, u know it happened, but u don't think of it as real, and then something like this happens and it makes u think, it becomes real for sure..
its just all so depressing, what humans do to each other.

El, this is why I limit myself to watching the news only in the morning. really don't know why I bother with that either, nothing but killings All the time, same story different day.
when u think about it, its amazing any of us make it to old age.

with regards to the man in Ok, I admire him and anyone else who has such strong faith. I really do, but unfortunately that's not me, esp lately in my life, I find myself questioning more and more and little by little falling away from my beliefs.
but then again, I think maybe God would forgive me for being - human.
hope so. lol
:)

and u know, I cant see how anyone can justify killing in the name of God, I just don't see ANY logic in that.....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25992 May 23, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>My main source of faith in the world situation is that I believe that the good people outnumber the bad 10 to 1 .... so if it ever came to an all out war, the good side will win ....
What is really sad is that, often the source of motivation for people to commit these attrocities is religiously based .. they are brainwahsed from a young age to believe in ANYTHING they are told when it comes to thier faith ...
I wonder, if they eliminated religion from the earth, would they find some other way to create the same level of brainwashing?? Probably yes ... it seems like there is always going to be a "us against them" scenario on earth.
good post Franko and I agree pretty much, there Are still good people in this world, I think the tv pretty much accentuates all the nuts out there and sometimes makes u lose faith in mankind.
as far as religion, it does seem that is the center of all our problems, then again these people just "use" God as an excuse to behave like animals.

no... nope - not animals, even animals arent that bad, that's like insulting them. lol

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25993 May 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nothing personal Grace. I am thankful for all
the friends I have made here, including yourself.
My apologies for tagging my post onto your own, I dunno
why I did that!...:)
But I do know I cannot keep up with offbeat, as previously
mentioned I have other committments, I realise other people
do too, but something has to give in my schedule, I took
too much on having my own thread, I worry tremendously if
I don't reply to any posts...
so...cats and hubby must come first...not necessarily in
that order, LOL.
I will certainly miss all of you! Wish me well as I wish
you all.
El

can I have the donuts u wont be eating then???
LOL

don't stay away too long, wont be the same without u....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25994 May 23, 2013
Oh yeah Grace

I saw ur nice comment about me over that other thread, thank u, that was sweet of u.

u sure u meant ME??? lol

:}

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25995 May 23, 2013
Allow me to step in here and tell El, that a New York law has been established that claims NOBODY leaves TOPIX permanently if they have been posting for at LEAST one year. This applies to people in England as well,although in the fine print, there is a clause, where you are allowed to post a FEW times a week. You cannot leave YOUR thread, and you have more then friends here, you have family. Your friends, and those that have come to known you, who have grown to love you, the cats, all of your musings, well, you cant break the law!!!! I for one will not allow you to bid farewell to Topix, or any of the people who look forward to everything you post, day in and day out. You, my dear El, are a Topix icon and so go enjoy a few days off and then return because no one can fill a proprietor's shoes. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thursday.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#25996 May 23, 2013
Okay Lady EL. There is an upset in the cat kingdom and they are making there points well known. Don't make us humans start yelling!!!!! We love you and we do not expect a reply all the time but just to know you and P are okay is good enough. We would miss you tremendously.
http://youtu.be/kxRX6LXDpWs

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25997 May 23, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
Okay Lady EL. There is an upset in the cat kingdom and they are making there points well known. Don't make us humans start yelling!!!!! We love you and we do not expect a reply all the time but just to know you and P are okay is good enough. We would miss you tremendously.
http://youtu.be/kxRX6LXDpWs
Two brilliant posts one following another..
First from Vee then from
Bright Eyes..

Now you SEE... We'll call El's bluff! She adores cats,
we know...
So..
After hearing that cat say NO so many times to El's leaving,
She will find it hard to disappoint that beautiful cat..

(And so say ALL of us)

***

But..
More seriously
I respect El ... her reasons & the decision she
makes regarding this - ONE THOUSAND %

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25998 May 23, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nothing personal Grace. I am thankful for all
the friends I have made here, including yourself.
My apologies for tagging my post onto your own, I dunno
why I did that!...:)
But I do know I cannot keep up with offbeat, as previously
mentioned I have other committments, I realise other people
do too, but something has to give in my schedule, I took
too much on having my own thread, I worry tremendously if
I don't reply to any posts...
so...cats and hubby must come first...not necessarily in
that order, LOL.
I will certainly miss all of you! Wish me well as I wish
you all.
I know where you live. Don't make me come over and have a good talking to you. Just be here when you feel like it. The cats won't mind :)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25999 May 24, 2013
alright Who's the stooge that gave me a Meanie face there!

I was Just joking with El, shes knows that..

anywho,
to All of u guys on this side of the pond,
have a Safe and wonderful Holiday weekend.

summers here!! wooo hoooo

:]

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#26000 May 24, 2013
PFfff wrote:
alright Who's the stooge that gave me a Meanie face there!
I was Just joking with El, shes knows that..
anywho,
to All of u guys on this side of the pond,
have a Safe and wonderful Holiday weekend.
summers here!! wooo hoooo
:]
Good morning PF and good morning El and all in the kitchen. My new listing has had 17 showings in 3 day and I have 4 offers and 3 are above asking price :)

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#26001 May 24, 2013
PFfff wrote:
alright Who's the stooge that gave me a Meanie face there!
I was Just joking with El, shes knows that..
anywho,
to All of u guys on this side of the pond,
have a Safe and wonderful Holiday weekend.
summers here!! wooo hoooo
:]
No worries PF, I gave you a heart because I know you are very loving!
On the way to work the State Highway Patrol was in full force for this Holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a safe Holiday here in the States. Lots of love to all Boomer and my friends here in the kitchen.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#26003 May 24, 2013
Good Evening to everyone..
Nice mellow day today..

Hope everyone will have a restful weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min andet1987 38,283
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Sublime1 222,163
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 4 min Sublime1 5,933
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 5 min andet1987 10,235
Things That Are Solid,... 10 min andet1987 55
Poll How does Geno make a living? (Mar '12) 11 min dragoon 6
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 12 min andet1987 698
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,347
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,291
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Goku Black 25,420
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Goku Black 5,497
More from around the web