El's Kitchen

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25857 May 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and all in the kitchen :) I hope your weekend is going great. Enjoy!
'Morning Denny...it's lovely today, have reluctantly come in from sitting in the sun, it's just too nice. Hope you too are having a nice weekend.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25858 May 19, 2013
Hi Krypteia...just making a snack to sit back and watch the match..your team Tottenham v Sunderland
now I have had it explained to me that if Arsenal will seal a top four finish and Champions League place by winning at Newcastle but if Arsene Wnger's men draw or lose at St. James' Park, Spurs can leap frog them into 4th place by beating Sunderland. Both London clubs could finish the Season level on points, goal diff and goals scored and that would require a play-off a Villa Park next Sunday to seperate them. Complicated?
I just hope that it is a good game! lol
Is it today you are going to the Army Reunion?
Well if so, enjoy that also, and may the best team win....:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25859 May 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that, it really is a nice place, in a nice location.
The grounds are immense and there is only one 'Ladies'...seems a funny thing to pick upon, so you tend to go before and hope you'll make it round. LOL! Apparently the titled lady who owns the place, and resides en situ, doesn't care to have toilets anywhere within the grounds. Small price to pay I expect.
I love seeing that Laburnam Arch and hoping that this rain is going to clear up, it's famous for it's beautiful Rhodies too.
I never paid attention if there was another 'Ladies' other than the visitor center. But there are benches all over unlike the forest preserves by me. You can "take a a load of" or people just & admire, read or write in journals or sketch pads.

Are there really walled gardens in England? There is a beautiful English walled garden with vines, a rose garden, an enabling garden to provide ideas for those with low vision or mobility issues, and I love the Japanese and aquatic gardens. Looking forward to going back again soon.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25860 May 19, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never paid attention if there was another 'Ladies' other than the visitor center. But there are benches all over unlike the forest preserves by me. You can "take a a load of" or people just & admire, read or write in journals or sketch pads.
Are there really walled gardens in England? There is a beautiful English walled garden with vines, a rose garden, an enabling garden to provide ideas for those with low vision or mobility issues, and I love the Japanese and aquatic gardens. Looking forward to going back again soon.
Beautiful ones Quinn. I have been to Kiplings home and garden :) Some of the estate gardens are unbelievable

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25861 May 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Hi Krypteia...just making a snack to sit back and watch the match..your team Tottenham v Sunderland
now I have had it explained to me that if Arsenal will seal a top four finish and Champions League place by winning at Newcastle but if Arsene Wnger's men draw or lose at St. James' Park, Spurs can leap frog them into 4th place by beating Sunderland. Both London clubs could finish the Season level on points, goal diff and goals scored and that would require a play-off a Villa Park next Sunday to seperate them. Complicated?
Reading your first line here,
it sounded very relaxing!

[email protected] a wonderfully sunny day here
El, I think you [email protected] have the same
from what you say.

@lmost hiding my face in embarrassment
we came LAST, LOL

OMG! We never expected that..
I think you have ad lot of these countries
voting for [email protected] other too, being neighbourly!!

but there's an old saying,
'it's @ good 'man/woman' that can take his beating'

so, yes, we came in last and [email protected]'s how it is!

Bonny sang very nicely.

Excuse my letter 'A'...

few drops of liquid got in the computer
and + some letters are behaving erratically since!

Happy Sunday all.
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#25862 May 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Evening El a win for Spurs havn't seen other results been having a drink with an old school mate since two and he's just left now nearly half nine,lol,it was good to catch up,I'm godfather to his so and as the wife is in Denmark back Tuesday thought I'd abuse the liver over the weekend,lol...
Army reunion next Saturday but going Friday,looking forward to seeing the boys again..

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25863 May 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful ones Quinn. I have been to Kiplings home and garden :) Some of the estate gardens are unbelievable
That's one area I'm more than happy to have my tax dollars spent. The website for the Botanic says how big it is. I can't imagine who designs them and maintains them and the cost.

Love the ivy and climbers in the walled gardens. One is almost prettier than the next don't ya think?
Grace Nerissa

Bettystown, Ireland

#25864 May 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Everyone...
GRACE....didn't you just LOVE Alica?!
Good show last night.
TONY...second son got his boat..a 28ft Seamaster
needs a heck of a lot of work. He has arranged moorings by keeping it where it is..so hopefully
we can pop over there one of these fine days and see it for ourselves.
Forgot to refer to BGT in previous post, El,
Yes, Alica 's story was very interesting and what
alovely person AND singer she is...

Thought the high divers were spectacular too.

Great show as per usual.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#25865 May 20, 2013
26 May - Twickers here we come - Cornwall is in the final of the county championship to be played immediately after the Barbar's game - what a day out. Watch out Lancashire, as they say, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#25866 May 20, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
26 May - Twickers here we come - Cornwall is in the final of the county championship to be played immediately after the Barbar's game - what a day out. Watch out Lancashire, as they say, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Hello Tony hope your feeling better,going to miss the Tigers final at Twickers for the first time in nine years,got army reunion,but will find a pub what's showing it ,the wife can go clothes shopping or whatever,lol

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25867 May 20, 2013
good mornings , Gents of the realm

sorry you will miss the live be there action , but a pub can get pretty active in itself ..

and Capt ... best sir

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25868 May 20, 2013
good morning LADY EL/MADAME GRACE

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#25869 May 20, 2013
Coming in to say hello and to wish everyone a wonderful day. Our family needs prayers, Ricky's brother died around 6 last evening. He was involved in a car wreck a week ago and never woke from his coma. The family is torn up and so sad about the loss.
Have Ella with me here tonight and loving every second of it. She keeps me keeping on. Hope all of you are well. Drop by again another time...

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25870 May 20, 2013
Mommy of four wrote:
Coming in to say hello and to wish everyone a wonderful day. Our family needs prayers, Ricky's brother died around 6 last evening. He was involved in a car wreck a week ago and never woke from his coma. The family is torn up and so sad about the loss.
Have Ella with me here tonight and loving every second of it. She keeps me keeping on. Hope all of you are well. Drop by again another time...
So sad to hear this news M04,
in such very sad circumstances.
PrAyers for you and ALL.
Keep in touch.
Great to see YOU.
Xx

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#25871 May 20, 2013
Mommy of four wrote:
Sorry to hear the news, my thoughts are with you.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25872 May 20, 2013
Mommy of four wrote:
Hello there MO4...this is such sad news, so sorry to hear of
this, I know how close you all are. Commiserations to Ricky
and to the whole family.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25873 May 20, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello there MO4...this is such sad news, so sorry to hear of
this, I know how close you all are. Commiserations to Ricky
and to the whole family.
Good morning El and all in the kitchen. Another tornado to the north of us last night. 1 dead. This is a dangerous time of the year. It seems like mobile homes are tornado magnets. It was 90 yesterday

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25874 May 20, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El and all in the kitchen. Another tornado to the north of us last night. 1 dead. This is a dangerous time of the year. It seems like mobile homes are tornado magnets. It was 90 yesterday
Good Morning Denny. I saw it on Sky..absolutely incredible.
Hopefully on the way out...stay safe..

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25875 May 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your first line here,
it sounded very relaxing!
[email protected] a wonderfully sunny day here
El, I think you [email protected] have the same
from what you say.
@lmost hiding my face in embarrassment
we came LAST, LOL
OMG! We never expected that..
I think you have ad lot of these countries
voting for [email protected] other too, being neighbourly!!
but there's an old saying,
'it's @ good 'man/woman' that can take his beating'
so, yes, we came in last and [email protected]'s how it is!
Bonny sang very nicely.
Excuse my letter 'A'...
few drops of liquid got in the computer
and + some letters are behaving erratically since!
Happy Sunday all.
'Afternoon Grace...

I didn't see it after all, at least Bonnie did better than Englebert last year....I believe that the European countries
vote for each other which is why we (Ireland and the UK) never
do particularly well.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25876 May 20, 2013
So sorry...I have a lot of interruptions on my pc
currently, since I installed (or it was installed
for me as a 'treat') Windows 8 Pro.

Until it is sorted I cannot post any more, as it
stands I am having to sign in every few minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Bevy-of-Words 23,580
Word Association (Jun '10) 19 min Bevy-of-Words 32,247
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 36 min Concerned 2,027
True False Game (Jun '11) 44 min SweLL GirL 14,546
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 56 min SweLL GirL 32,956
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr Bevy-of-Words 5,691
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr Bevy-of-Words 15,797
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr wichita-rick 1,533
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 215,189
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 8 hr Crazy Jae 3,717