|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
When is boating 'season' over there Tony? Folks here start getting the boats out of dry dock and prepping for the lakes the end of April, beginning of May and start pulling em back in mid-September.
A little longer season than yourselves over here.

Generally, if you're on a swinging mooring (i.e. not in a marina berth or alongside a pontoon), the insurance boys want the boat lifted out of the water from end of October to the end of March, because of the risk of gales. That is the quieter season. I have a marina berth, so I just lift for a month in February/March to dry the boat out, anti-foul the bottom and do any maintenance that is needed (sea cocks etc) that has to be done when the boat is dry. Have taught courses in December - not the warmest time to on the water! Somje people stay in all year and simply dry out against a wall to clean the bottom.

Having said that, the boat is going up for sale as some life changes necessary with my condition.. Once clear, have my eye on something a little smaller.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>Do they come out as bacon bits on the vine?
Well,

I suppose it doesn't really matter
as long as someone's

''bringing home the bacon'"(:

'Morning everyone...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>A little longer season than yourselves over here.

Generally, if you're on a swinging mooring (i.e. not in a marina berth or alongside a pontoon), the insurance boys want the boat lifted out of the water from end of October to the end of March, because of the risk of gales. That is the quieter season. I have a marina berth, so I just lift for a month in February/March to dry the boat out, anti-foul the bottom and do any maintenance that is needed (sea cocks etc) that has to be done when the boat is dry. Have taught courses in December - not the warmest time to on the water! Somje people stay in all year and simply dry out against a wall to clean the bottom.

Having said that, the boat is going up for sale as some life changes necessary with my condition.. Once clear, have my eye on something a little smaller.
I'm sorry you'll be giving up the boat. I can tell from your posts it's something that really holds your interest.

It's a lot of work to maintain and the cost of petrol/gas at least here is ridiculously expensive. During the season Lake Michigan is so crowded you can't go that far.

I'm not a boater myself, although I enjoy being on them & I love the water. I just know some people who are serious boaters like you so I've learned a bit over the years.

I look forward to continuing to live vicariously through your boating and racing stories.

Be well & stay well buddy.
:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>Do they come out as bacon bits on the vine?
Get back to me in July and we will find out.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Well,

I suppose it doesn't really matter
as long as someone's

''bringing home the bacon'"(:

'Morning everyone...
LOL!
Hi Grace

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Good Day Everyone..

enjoyed hearing from y'all this morning and I
will be back later, as I have half an hour to
get oneself ready,(am straight out of the garden where I have been wrestling with a rambling rose)
and get two cats ready to take to the Vets.
Nothing wrong, just checks and meds.

So have to dash as the Vet will be after my bacon if I am late for my appointment! lol

TTFN

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
Good Day Everyone..
enjoyed hearing from y'all this morning and I
will be back later, as I have half an hour to
get oneself ready,(am straight out of the garden where I have been wrestling with a rambling rose)
and get two cats ready to take to the Vets.
Nothing wrong, just checks and meds.
So have to dash as the Vet will be after my bacon if I am late for my appointment! lol
TTFN
Good morning El and all the folks of the kitchen :) Obama was on TV yesterday. For the last two years the IRS has been attacking conservative groups. Obama took no question but gave the impression he fired one of the head guys who was in charge,he was scheduled to leave the first of June anyway. Politicians :(

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Hi Grace
Good morning Might Quinn. How is your day going ? 3 scandal but don't worry. Obama is going to investigate :) I look for a special prosecutor to be appoint before long like waht happened to Clinton :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Might Quinn. How is your day going ? 3 scandal but don't worry. Obama is going to investigate :) I look for a special prosecutor to be appoint before long like waht happened to Clinton :)
"attacking conservatives"? That's a but of an exaggeration Denny.

And I somehow missed your answer to my question about obama's enacting the law to minimize protests at military funerals ---- in spite of the fact that tour Ms Campbell is more than happy to permit the Westboro church exercise it right to religious freedom ..... The freedom to torment grieving family of fallen US soldiers.

You absolutely refuse to give Obama credit for anything don't you???

Aside from listening to your continued attacks on the current US president - my day has been pretty good -- productive, decent weather and one say closer to the weekend!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I somehow missed your answer to my question about obama's enacting the law to minimize protests at military funerals ---- in spite of the fact that tour Ms Campbell is more than happy to permit the Westboro church exercise it right to religious freedom ..... The freedom to torment grieving family of fallen US soldiers.
Aside from listening to your continued attacks on the current US president - my day has been pretty good -- productive, decent weather and one say closer to the weekend!
Sorry but I missed your question about those who call their self a church. I think that is horrible but what do you suggest. Don't bury your head in the sand it is all over the news Quinn. There is very little to give Obama credit for. According to Obama he didn't know any thing about anything. I guess he voted present again on Benghazi. A full out attack and he disappeared and said take care of it ?????

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but I missed your question about those who call their self a church. I think that is horrible but what do you suggest. Don't bury your head in the sand it is all over the news Quinn. There is very little to give Obama credit for. According to Obama he didn't know any thing about anything. I guess he voted present again on Benghazi. A full out attack and he disappeared and said take care of it ?????
Since when does one groups right to free speech trump someone else's right to privacy ?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but I missed your question about those who call their self a church. I think that is horrible but what do you suggest. Don't bury your head in the sand it is all over the news Quinn. There is very little to give Obama credit for. According to Obama he didn't know any thing about anything. I guess he voted present again on Benghazi. A full out attack and he disappeared and said take care of it ?????
In other words you blame everything negative on Obama.

Benghazi is one incident in 5 years. It was republicans like Paul Ryan who refused to ramp up funding for foreign security or did you forget?

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/19/114732...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/opinion/rep...

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/10/10/...

Sent from my iPhone

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when does one groups right to free speech trump someone else's right to privacy ?
I don't think they do. That is what restraining orders are for

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi is one incident in 5 years. It was republicans like Paul Ryan who refused to ramp up funding for foreign security or did you forget?
Sent from my iPhone
Ms Lamb who is in charge of security testified before congress the funding had nothing to do with security. They could have used the military an no cost at all to the state department. Why didn't they send in troops to stop the attack?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent from my iPhone
Not one incident at all. 17 were murdered at Fort Hood and Obama didn't have the guts to call it what it was. A terrorist attack by a radical Muslim. He called it work place violence

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

El are you ready for the weekend? It is almost on us :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think they do. That is what restraining orders are for
Um no, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the church when Matt Snyder's family sued.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Hi Denny ! Hope the tornadoes in Granbury missed you in Dallas. Stay safe......and dry!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been my observation that in the USa people are often very extremely democrat or republican .. not as many are more in the middle and moderate in political views. As a result the attitude seems to be "everything wrong with the country is due to the OTHER party .. MY party does it right and things will be better once MY party is in office'...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>It has been my observation that in the USa people are often very extremely democrat or republican .. not as many are more in the middle and moderate in political views. As a result the attitude seems to be "everything wrong with the country is due to the OTHER party .. MY party does it right and things will be better once MY party is in office'...
Personally I do subscribe that theory as I do not identify with either major political party. I believe we need more independents. I consider myself to be very socially liberal as in "how I live my life is none if your damn business if I am hurting you". Same goes for other people - what they do is not business and it certainly isn't.

We do not a believe in the same "god", we do not subscribe to the same principles and lets no be hypocrites. My great disdain for republicans at the moment is their out right refusal to work with the president at the expense of the American people. And they are hypocrites -- they claim the want less gov intrusion in private life but have no problem implementing laws determining who can marry, who can adopt and personal family planning matters. They have no problem jacking up military spending at the expense of mental health care and assistance for the elderly & seriously ill.

We are a highly socially irresponsible country when it comes to caring for our senior citizens. Seniors are far more respected and cared fit in eastern countries than in the US. And the vets coming back from unnecessary wars with all manner of injury, what is being done to help them?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

170 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 1 min Old Sam 17,270
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 min the wandering girl 6,203
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 min Old Sam 13,015
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Crunchy Bacon 14,859
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 4 min your language 15,593
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 4 min Old Sam 3,230
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 5 min Old Sam 53,930
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min wichita-rick 141,210
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 2 hr Instigator 1