“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#25770 May 15, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I will share my brolly with you anytime!...:)
HA! I wondered if you;d catch this one?? LOL!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25771 May 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all about sharing :)
OK thanks .. besides, helping keep proportions down is good for keeping weight under controlll .... so really I was just being helpful ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25772 May 15, 2013
angel just me wrote:
<quoted text>Just think if You Where Put in JAIL FOR LAUGHING and Smiling...WE , the USA , I Think , is headed in that Direction, SAD what this MOTHER EARTH has Become, WE THE PEOPLE, are Controlled , Nothing Is Free!!!!!Smile for MILES.......:)
It does seem like western society is heading in the wrong direction that way .. and just think, after we spent most of the last century fighting communism!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25773 May 15, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I scare people when I go to England. I say hello to everyone on the street
About 24 years ago, my wife and I travelled Europe on our honeymoon. I had a freind in Austria who drove a bus for a living ... in fact the route went outside town and picked up people who commuted into town (Salzburg) or teens who went to school some distance from their home.

WE rode along to enjoy a tour of the countryside and see some lovely scenery ...

After a short while I realized that all these youngsters, aged 10 to 18 ... all greeted the bus driver in a respectful and freindly way, usually saying "Gruss Got" which is a very respectful sort of greeting. Many of them knew his name ...

There is no way anyone would act that way most other places ...

Since: Nov 12

Summersville, WV

#25774 May 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem like western society is heading in the wrong direction that way .. and just think, after we spent most of the last century fighting communism!!!
Soooooo Very TRUE!!! To say a Prayer in a Public Place , YOU COULD GO TO JAIL...SMILE AT SOMEONE on the Public Streets, They go to the other Side, and watch you , until you go out of their Sight!!! THANK GOD , I Live , where SMILES are WELCOMED...:)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25775 May 15, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Good Morning all here.

A blustery day with showers of huge
hailstones! Everywhere very very green,
there's a 'new'green in May that one never sees any other time
of year, that vivid almost luminous green:

El,
I watched BGT,
And like you said, there were some very good
Acts, and yes Rosie sang very well indeed,
Also
I enjoyed the lady Kelly who was in her 70's
and sang a fun song, Simon liked her too
you could tell.
what about the two little Irish fellas in early teens,
who sang plus guitar, very good too.
It's an interesting show indeed,
as is THE VOICE.

Tony,
Don't get a short back and sides
whatever you do lol
Do you remember in very olden times,
they used place a pudding bowl over
a young lads head and cut around it ..ha ha!

I often wonder was that for real!
All good wishes to you
and to all here indeed.
Hailstones ?! Wow! You get everything don't ya?!

Be safe -- stay warm & dry Grace.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#25776 May 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hailstones ?! Wow! You get everything don't ya?!
Be safe -- stay warm & dry Grace.
Thanks RM, and too true!

Lol

And it was like mid summer last week,
No wonder we have a saying ..
Regarding a person's humour.

'That person is as changeable as the weather' lol

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25777 May 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>OK thanks .. besides, helping keep proportions down is good for keeping weight under controlll .... so really I was just being helpful ...
See we're people helping people helping people!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25778 May 15, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks RM, and too true!

Lol

And it was like mid summer last week,
No wonder we have a saying ..
Regarding a person's humour.

'That person is as changeable as the weather' lol
It's only just starting to warm up here and were getting ready to plant some veggies.

Bacon lettuce tomato sandwiches all summer!

Since: Nov 12

Summersville, WV

#25779 May 15, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
well ya gotta be careful who u smile at though.
one time my sister and I and hubby's were in a bar, this older lady looks over at our table and my sister smiles at her and the lady says "what are u smiling at, u don't know me" lol lol
the funny thing, my sister is the mildest, easy going person I know, so unlike me, so this just floored her, she didn't know what to say. and normally I would be the one to come to her rescue but it was so funny I couldn't think and just laughed my silly head off, which in turn cracked all of us up.
so in the end, this lady gave us something to talk and laugh about, even all these years later. I guess smiing is a good thing no matter what.
:)
nice to see u here Angel!
THANK YOU, I will Be Grateful to be able to sit a CHAT, Thank You Again!!!...:)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#25780 May 15, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Tony :) Best of luck mate. It is funny but you see so many boats with the inflated collar around them and you never see them here
Cheers Dennie - I'll beat this, depend on it.

I suspect from your description you mean RIBs (stands for Rigid Inflatable Boats), which appear to have the inflated collar around them. Not particularly suited to rivers, but very stable in open seas and go very fast (up to 50-60 knots: around 75 mph for the big ones). The do have a market in the US, but the preference out there tends to be the larger rigid hulled boats, particularly amongst the fishermen, as inflatable tanks and hooks are not necessarily good bedfellows!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25781 May 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
See we're people helping people helping people!
is there an echo in here?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25782 May 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only just starting to warm up here and were getting ready to plant some veggies.
Bacon lettuce tomato sandwiches all summer!
how do you plant bacon?

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#25783 May 15, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the warmth in this greeting Dear Rose....
Wishing you happiness each and every day....:)
Hi Lady Eleanor...
Those wishes go straight back to you...
I hope that you have had a really nice day and that you will have a peaceful and relaxing evening.....
It got a bit warm here today with the high hitting 89..
But the warmth has it's benefits.. My muscles and bones really like the warmth..
:o)
I really gave myself a work out yesterday.. I installed a small air conditioner ( 5,000 BTU ), Cut the shaggy lawn and then set to trimming the 14 foot long, 5 foot tall Burning Bush Hedge.. That was the killer.. I'm only 5 foot 6 inches tall on my best day...hahahaha Thankfully I won't have to do that again for a good while..
I have my veggie garden planted and I'm growing the same as last year.. the change being I have 4 different kinds of tomato... 4 Big Beef, 2 Lemon Boys (<<Yellow) and 2 Better Boys and an unknown number of Cherry tomatoes that self seeded from last year.. 2 Burpless Cucumbers and 2 Green Bell peppers.. I also have some Cantalope that I started from seeds but I don't know if they will make it or not..
So today I've been doing as little as I can get away with and only working in the house..
Our weather forecast is for the mid to high 80's all week long with a chance of pop up thunder storms..
Looks Like SUMMER Has Arived!...
I hope that all is well with you and yours.. and that you have enjoyed a day as beautiful as the one I've had here.. Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

P.S.
The First of my Tea roses to bloom was Rio Samba.. Two blooms opened up over night...
:o)
@}-'--,---

“Living With A Grateful Heart”

Since: Jan 13

Counting Little Blessings

#25784 May 15, 2013
Sending Warm greetings and good wishes to all the Good Folks who Visit Lady El's Kitchen...
@}-'--,---

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25785 May 15, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers Dennie - I'll beat this, depend on it.

I suspect from your description you mean RIBs (stands for Rigid Inflatable Boats), which appear to have the inflated collar around them. Not particularly suited to rivers, but very stable in open seas and go very fast (up to 50-60 knots: around 75 mph for the big ones). The do have a market in the US, but the preference out there tends to be the larger rigid hulled boats, particularly amongst the fishermen, as inflatable tanks and hooks are not necessarily good bedfellows!
When is boating 'season' over there Tony? Folks here start getting the boats out of dry dock and prepping for the lakes the end of April, beginning of May and start pulling em back in mid-September.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25786 May 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>is there an echo in here?
Helloooo........

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25787 May 15, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>how do you plant bacon?
Bury some pork rinds & water regularly

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25788 May 15, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
Sending Warm greetings and good wishes to all the Good Folks who Visit Lady El's Kitchen...
@}-'--,---
Hello DDR! Good to see ya. May all things be good in your little corner of the world.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25789 May 16, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bury some pork rinds & water regularly
Do they come out as bacon bits on the vine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min replaytime 161,084
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 5 min modhippie1 6,009
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 6 min Ride To Impress Only 8,368
Poll Why is tiny's bike in the shop? 10 min Murphys Law yer 0
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min CJ Rocker 161,501
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 21 min No More Lefties 1,487
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 23 min -ThatsAllFolks- 18,807
motorcycle traveling stories 32 min Mega Monster 610
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 145
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Camilla 28,882