El's Kitchen

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25468 May 7, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder .. with genetic testing on fossils as much as 40,000 years old, the genome experts are now able to track the percentage of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans ... are they looking for alien DNA in there too? HOw could aliens make their DNA compatible with ours? The match has to be nearly 100%....
Where've they been hiding alien DNA?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25469 May 7, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate the welcoming and the well wishes back to health after my recent surgery. That means a lot to me. I am healing well, but still have a bit to go through afterwards.

I am sorry to hear about "TONY1003." He is in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him the best in his treatments.

Hello El...It sounds like you are a wonderful cake and pie maker. I can't wait to hear about your next batch of goodies. Now, I haven't even eaten breakfast yet, and I am already hungry.:)

Yes, I have seen some of FRANKOS postings, along with many others. Everyone seems so nice here. It's always great to find a thread like this one.

I am glad that people here agree to disagree, and do not start talking vulgarities at one another. Too many other threads on this site do that. I don't need that kind of confrontation. I just want nice conversations, and I am more than willing to hear someone else's opinion. It's a way for all of us to learn from one another.

Good morning everyone!! I hope you all enjoy the day!:-)
Oh yes! Glad Grace clarified -- Denny and I bicker over almost all things politics -- but there's no hard feelings. We're like an old married couple -- but he's a conservative Texan and I'm a liberal from Illinois; he served in the military & I just dated someone in the military.....explains a lot if you went back over some past conversations.

Jump in when the spirit moves you - there are topics to interest all!

Be well, stay well and have a nice night Mack Trucker in whatever part of the world you hail from.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25470 May 7, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I never had a successful garage sale .. after two atttempts and only a few dollars made for dozens of hours of work, I;m not bothering anymore. ANything not sold was donated and that's what I do whenever I want to clear out some junk.
You should have called on me for assist. Much to my surprise I made well over $200USD a couple if years ago -- in one day!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#25471 May 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
info:
divorce..........
the termination of a marriage by legal action, requiring a
decree..........
in general, synonymous with judgment.
that is the writ ..........
a written order of a judge requiring specific action by the person or entity to whom the writ is directed.
divorce is a civil action violate the stipulations and you can go to jail
Stipulations
an agreement, usually on a procedural matter, between the attorneys for the two sides in a legal action. Some stipulations are oral, but the courts often require that the stipulation be put in writing, signed and filed with the court.
it sounds like anyone getting a divorce better read the fine print and not sign until they are satisfied ....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25472 May 7, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where've they been hiding alien DNA?
far as I know they haven't .. that's the point.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25473 May 7, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have called on me for assist. Much to my surprise I made well over $200USD a couple if years ago -- in one day!!!
I'll keep that in mind. My daughter actually put one together last year, along with a friend who brought a bunch of her stuff ... they made about $20 in two days ... quite dissapointing... and we were NOT asking an arm and a leg in pricing ... about 30 poeple looked around but only 3 people bought anything.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#25474 May 8, 2013
Morning one and all, warm welcome to Mack Trucker: always nice to see a new face in the kitchen.

Yesterday was a good day. Oncologist is happy with progress, next batch of chemo starts in a week's time, so if in about 10 days I go awol for a week, do not be surprised. She is not going to twitch the chemical mix, which means it will be another 7 days of purgatory, but known purgatory. Both she and I know I'm tough enough to take it. She just going to up the ante on the anti-nausea meds.

On the really plus side, began this at a weight of 92 kgs. on the hospital scales (yeah, I know, it means nothing to me, why can't they work in real money?!). After the week of being unable to eat, got on those same scale yesterday and was 91.3kg. My weight is holding up, which is really important in the battle to beat cancer. So bring it on, if the chemo makes me feel so bad, just think what it's going to the cancer!

And...so far, what little hair I have left has not fallen out as a result of the treatment.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#25475 May 8, 2013
"Going to"? Oh good grief, "doing to".

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25476 May 8, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Morning one and all, warm welcome to Mack Trucker: always nice to see a new face in the kitchen.
Yesterday was a good day. Oncologist is happy with progress, next batch of chemo starts in a week's time, so if in about 10 days I go awol for a week, do not be surprised. She is not going to twitch the chemical mix, which means it will be another 7 days of purgatory, but known purgatory. Both she and I know I'm tough enough to take it. She just going to up the ante on the anti-nausea meds.
On the really plus side, began this at a weight of 92 kgs. on the hospital scales (yeah, I know, it means nothing to me, why can't they work in real money?!). After the week of being unable to eat, got on those same scale yesterday and was 91.3kg. My weight is holding up, which is really important in the battle to beat cancer. So bring it on, if the chemo makes me feel so bad, just think what it's going to the cancer!
And...so far, what little hair I have left has not fallen out as a result of the treatment.
Morning Tony..it's really excellent news all round, particularly
about the weight holding up, that is so important. So it's looking
good...can only imagine the purgatory aspect of it all but, it seems to be doing the job...
You're getting there...:)
Big changes in the weather today and 60 mph gales forecast for tomorrow..it's a conspiracy, happens each time I plan a day away!
Ah well, lots to do at home..
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#25477 May 8, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Jesus,didn't know about this mate. Chin up and beat the bastard thing, you're a tough bugger. Hearts with you.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#25478 May 8, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Tony..it's really excellent news all round, particularly
about the weight holding up, that is so important. So it's looking
good...can only imagine the purgatory aspect of it all but, it seems to be doing the job...
You're getting there...:)
Big changes in the weather today and 60 mph gales forecast for tomorrow..it's a conspiracy, happens each time I plan a day away!
Ah well, lots to do at home..
Gales overnight in Cornwall last night, today is much calmer, although we are forecast for rain for the next two days before more... sunshine! Don't believe it, are we actually going to see a good year this year?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#25479 May 8, 2013
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus,didn't know about this mate. Chin up and beat the bastard thing, you're a tough bugger. Hearts with you.
No probs, bitb - many thanks. Will beat it - have been given odds better than 50-50, which is good enough for me. Throat only, no secondaries. No complaints - serves me right for being a smoker for 40 years (stopped 6 weeks ago: amazing what a motivator that six letter word is!).
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#25480 May 8, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs, bitb - many thanks. Will beat it - have been given odds better than 50-50, which is good enough for me. Throat only, no secondaries. No complaints - serves me right for being a smoker for 40 years (stopped 6 weeks ago: amazing what a motivator that six letter word is!).
Correct on the motivation.....when I got the big scare 5yrs back I mulled it over and stopped 3 days later.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25481 May 8, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>it sounds like anyone getting a divorce better read the fine print and not sign until they are satisfied ....
well this is a case where the judge gets involved as well ...

some believe that in civil cases you can not get sentence , well they are wrong ..

especially where children are concerned
Krypteia

Belfast, UK

#25482 May 8, 2013
Morning all,Glad your feeling better Tony,the weather here is wet apparently we have severe gales tomorrow and rain,bit of a change from the last couple of days.
Anyway Tony a positive for you The Lions shortly,plus rugby league world cup and the under 20's World Cup rugby union,so if that don't get your juices flowing god knows what will,lol
Ankle still sore but at least I'm running around,well walking anyway..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25483 May 8, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but that would spoil the fun. I wouldn't have let her get away with it, maybe had a quiet word and ask if she had forgotten something.
Bora Da!...:)
heh
guess im getting soft in my old age. lol

bout time too! lol

:}

Location hidden

#25484 May 8, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I never had a successful garage sale .. after two atttempts and only a few dollars made for dozens of hours of work, I;m not bothering anymore. ANything not sold was donated and that's what I do whenever I want to clear out some junk.
this was the second time we've ever did one, and we actually did fairly well. so it was worth the time, besides my hubby was on call for the day and we had to stick around the house anyway.

the biggest problem is i don't like tossing anything out, aways thinking i'll eventually use it again, which i never do.
but my hubby throws out Everything! which really burns my azz up, had more fights over that too. LOL
ok, i admit it - im a hothead heh...
;)

Location hidden

#25485 May 8, 2013
been thinking a lot about u Tony..

see we have a new person here, so

Howdy Mr. Trucker!

Bora Da everyone!!

:P

“CHEERING UK IN OLYMPICS”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25486 May 8, 2013
Couldn't have been easy coming off the dreaded weed Tony...speaking from experience.

Not mentioned this before, but Tony knows, so
here goes....

I was reading this book, this being many years ago, to do with keeping healthy and got to the
end to find some exercises that one could do to improve their health....one involved running up and down stairs, then taking the pulse rate which should return to normal within one minute flat.
Five minutes later my heart was racing fit to burst...lol

Being pregnant, I thought, aye up, time to give up smoking, it's not doing me any favours, so I packed it in there and then...a 20 year habit of about 15 a day.

Fast forward to being on bed rest in the maternity hospital...sadly lost the twins I was carrying..it was discovered I had cancer. Had I not, it would have continued to grow inside me. A rare form a
Hydiditiform Mole....I also made the mistake of reading up on it, found an outdated book in the library which put the fear of God in me....

I was spared chemo...merely had tests weekly, then fortnightly, monthly, for two years...then came the day...given the ALL CLEAR.

So when I say I know how you are feeling Tony, please believe it.

I won't make reference to this again, it's over, I survived. As you will, great attitude you have, the only one to have.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Bath, UK

#25487 May 8, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Morning all,Glad your feeling better Tony,the weather here is wet apparently we have severe gales tomorrow and rain,bit of a change from the last couple of days.
Anyway Tony a positive for you The Lions shortly,plus rugby league world cup and the under 20's World Cup rugby union,so if that don't get your juices flowing god knows what will,lol
Ankle still sore but at least I'm running around,well walking anyway..
Hi K - far too many things left on the bucket list - I intend to be around for when we host the world cup for RU, especially as a few matches are in Exeter. Anyway, there are still a host of people I want to bother before I go!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min syamsu 209,567
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min Knock off purse s... 147,179
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... 3 min Paris Hilton 24
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 4 min Knock off purse s... 13,523
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 5 min Limp Wrister 10
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min Knock off purse s... 3,323
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min North 200,788
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 22 min Hypocrite Hunter 9,095
News Police Respond To St. Cloud Mall On Reports Of ... 30 min Illary Clinton 158
2words into 2new words (May '12) 33 min Poppyann 5,062
More from around the web