El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25347 May 5, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Stopping in on my way home...for COMFORT FOOD...Banana Bread and a mug of Hot Cocoa w/Whipped Cream sounds like the Perfect Nightcap!!.. Thanks El...
Love me some banana bread :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25348 May 5, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Morning, all good people of the kitchen. Drear beginning weather-wise to the day yesterday turned into a reasonable one, another overcast start today, but they say sunshine is on its way. Must be a rule of English weather that we have to have some rain on a Bank Holiday weekend when people want to get away to the West Country!
One of my clients took six hours to travel from the Midlands to Plymouth on Friday - for our US friends, it's a distance of approx. 170 miles! The motorways gridlock on Bank Holidays - I never drive on those weekends.
I can't believe those little cars pull trailers on the weekend

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25349 May 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
how about home on the range where the buffalo roam
dispute that
Makes a dirty carpet :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25350 May 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>'Morning Quincy...I thought I had read it in a newspaper, however it was in my care2 sub, here is the link to it and for anybody
else interested....

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/study-ginger...
Wow! Thanks El. I know it's been suggested cinnamon also helps type 2 diabetics maintain blood sugar levels.

http://m.care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26...

I'm insulin dependent. My doctor feels that as long as the supplements don't hurt, why not give it a try.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25351 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Thanks El. I know it's been suggested cinnamon also helps type 2 diabetics maintain blood sugar levels.
http://m.care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26...
I'm insulin dependent. My doctor feels that as long as the supplements don't hurt, why not give it a try.
Good morning Mighty Quinn. I hope your weekend is going great. It has warmed up again so maybe I have had the last fire in the fireplace :) Is it still cold where you are?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25352 May 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Makes a dirty carpet :)
Morning Denny! Open House season- are your weekends all booked?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25353 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prety much but I just have an open house for 2 hours. My big push has changed. I got 40,000 business cards and I try to put out 3,000 to 4,000. My cards have Free iPad in big red letters. I will go to a mall parking lot and put the card on the drivers window. I have watched and they don't throw away my card so it is the law of large numbers :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25354 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do open houses in Builders spec's so I am talking to buyers. I also put my cards on windows parked in front of builders model's. That is 4,000 a month :)

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25355 May 5, 2013
El, Grace, Denny, Quinn, Pfft, Shilo, Rick from MD, Sebastian's mom, DEennis Farina, happeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SINday.(El, the boys have disabilities, the older one, Nick, not as bad. Blake is on medication, seeing a psychiatrist.) Update was they tried to see if June would breathe on her own and she did but they strongly believe there is no brain activity. They are waiting to give her that test. June and Linda's mother, also to blame for June's situation, the mother was always supplying her with prescription pills that was given to her. All I can say? June was an absolute beauty. Best looking in the family, the others, barely passable. I think Nick is 11? Poor Linda, her own son died of Cystic Fibrosis when he was around 12, and she adopted these two boys. As for me, I will be working today from 12 to 6, but wanted to give you an update. El, better go and get those eyes tested. Never fool with something so precious. Now if your problem is that you see naked men, dont get them checked. ha ha ha ha ha.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25356 May 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Mighty Quinn. I hope your weekend is going great. It has warmed up again so maybe I have had the last fire in the fireplace :) Is it still cold where you are?
Spring is finally moving in up here. Been in the 60s and 70s. Patio furniture is out and will start planting veggies in the coming weeks.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25357 May 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Prety much but I just have an open house for 2 hours. My big push has changed. I got 40,000 business cards and I try to put out 3,000 to 4,000. My cards have Free iPad in big red letters. I will go to a mall parking lot and put the card on the drivers window. I have watched and they don't throw away my card so it is the law of large numbers :)
Keeps you busy and off the streets;-)

With mortgage regs getting overhauled in Jan 2014 there may be big drop in who qualifies for loans. I'm reviewing the regs now to implant plans for compliance.

Vee

Location hidden

#25358 May 5, 2013
El, June is gone. They removed her from the respirator. Such a damn waste. Nicholas was hell bent on seeing her and then refused to go in. I am glad. No child should have to keep a memory like that. I am glad that Blake never knew that she was his mother.

Vee

Location hidden

#25359 May 5, 2013
They are treating her death as a homicide. More to follow.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#25360 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Franko. In my opinion and my opinion only, the bible is just a book, a very popular one obviously, but it's just a book. It could leave more questions than it answers as a means of control - only the priest can interpret or unstand it.
I no longer subscribe to that which I was raised with as far as Catholicism goes. That doesn't mean I don't believe in something larger than myself who/which created all if this. I guess I fall in with the agnostics. But I still don't think the bible is anything more than just a book.
I have some friends very devout in their Christian faith and we have reasonable conversations about our beliefs. Conversations, not heated arguments.
Again I point out that I do wish to start an argument with anyone. This is my opinion, my belief and do not wish to impose it on anyone. I do not criticize others beliefs. I merely shared my own.
My thinking falls into line pretty closely to your on that matter. I was not raised in a religious environment though, so my learning has been bits and pieces over the years.

If you do believe that the bible was purposely written in an ambigious manner for the purposes you say, then it brings up an interesting point....

People often seem to think that humans were not all that smart 2000 years ago, and that we have progressed and become more intelligent over these past 20 or 30 centuries. However, if someone could write such a book with such a design and purpose in mind so long ago then perhaps humans were actually quite intelligent back then ... all they lacked was knowledge which had to be not just learned, but discovered from scratch, and then over a long period of time passed on through generations to ammass the current amount of knowledge mankind has collected up to now.

Interesting also to think that human progress and learning may have actuall been faster had it not been for the religious doctrine which caused people to not be open to new ideas. consider that Galilieo was jailed because of his ideas.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25361 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Always glad to have you 'pop' Franko. Be well.
sometimes after a good mean I feel like I could "pop" but it hasn't happened yet!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25362 May 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Makes a dirty carpet :)
My buddy and I used to sing the song

"Oh show me a home,

where the buffalo roam

AN I;ll show you a house full of [email protected] ....!!"

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25363 May 5, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>My thinking falls into line pretty closely to your on that matter. I was not raised in a religious environment though, so my learning has been bits and pieces over the years.

If you do believe that the bible was purposely written in an ambigious manner for the purposes you say, then it brings up an interesting point....

People often seem to think that humans were not all that smart 2000 years ago, and that we have progressed and become more intelligent over these past 20 or 30 centuries. However, if someone could write such a book with such a design and purpose in mind so long ago then perhaps humans were actually quite intelligent back then ... all they lacked was knowledge which had to be not just learned, but discovered from scratch, and then over a long period of time passed on through generations to ammass the current amount of knowledge mankind has collected up to now.

Interesting also to think that human progress and learning may have actuall been faster had it not been for the religious doctrine which caused people to not be open to new ideas. consider that Galilieo was jailed because of his ideas.
The Romans and Egyptians were engineering geniuses way ahead of their time. Slave labor certainly built the pyramids --- also not a new phenomena. That's not an acceptance of it, merely a pint of fact.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25364 May 5, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>My buddy and I used to sing the song

"Oh show me a home,

where the buffalo roam

AN I;ll show you a house full of [email protected] ....!!"
......and you wonder why I enjoy your "popping" in from time to time!
LOL! You're toooo funny :)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25365 May 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
......and you wonder why I enjoy your "popping" in from time to time!
LOL! You're toooo funny :)
I noticed you ignored my other comment about popping .!!! LOL!!!
a_visitor

Reading, PA

#25366 May 5, 2013
I could go for a pancake about now, with lots of syrrup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min aforestmyth 205,560
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 min Special Officer D... 33,394
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Mustang GT Girl 44,714
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 10 min Laura Beth 8,876
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 26 min ImFree2Choose 35,928
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min ImFree2Choose 59,903
A six word game (Dec '08) 33 min ImFree2Choose 19,700
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Sharlene45 197,866
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 4 hr Parden Pard 713
2words into 2new words (May '12) 5 hr Poppyann 3,932
More from around the web