Location hidden

#25267 May 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El!!!!!!!
isn't Bloody hell like cursing there??
tsk tsk.
:)
don't get insulted or annoyed with my post ok.. just talking, explaining myself since its sometimes not understood what people are saying here on topix. not a big deal..
Bloody is a mild curse as is bugger :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25268 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Grace. The birds was pretty scarey :)
No kidding! But then when I was kid The Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares -- the witch throwing fireballs at the Scarecrow

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25269 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The Dallas police can't do that. But if you are a foreign terrorist captured on the battle field and you have information you bet inhanced interrogation is fine. It consist of sleep deprivation being kept cold, naked and hungry. 3 people were waterboarded that led to killing Osama. Should Osama been capture or killed in cold blood. Since Obama came in office there has only been 1 person sent to Gitmo. They die in the field now
Whether its the Dallas pd or the us military or some form of the alphabet it's still wrong and to say its ok for one set of authorities to do it and not the other is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Psychological torture is still psychological torture and not all the people it's used on are terrorists anymore than the convicted are all really guilty.

And PS what's good for the goose is good for the gander so I guess you're suggesting that its ok if/when it's done to Americans in similar circumstances - war is war right? And in the minds of some of those people they are at war with the US or Israel just like Bush started a war in Iraq.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25270 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The Dallas police can't do that. But if you are a foreign terrorist captured on the battle field and you have information you bet inhanced interrogation is fine. It consist of sleep deprivation being kept cold, naked and hungry. 3 people were waterboarded that led to killing Osama. Should Osama been capture or killed in cold blood. Since Obama came in office there has only been 1 person sent to Gitmo. They die in the field now
Nice that we've stooped to terrorist tactics ourselves.... we're no "better" than they are.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25271 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on what they were doing. If they were planting bombs and killing people then yes they will rot in a foreign prison. Enhanced interrogation is about getting information
It's you can dress it up and call it 'enhanced interrogation' but in reality it's still barbaric torture. And I'm willing to bet that some of the information has nothing to do with saving lives but overthrowing non democratic governments.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#25272 May 2, 2013
OMG!!...El.....am NOT in the mood for political chatting... My washer KONKED out...Solo, decided to take a breather.. and visit and enjoy a slice of your Black Forest Cake and a cup of Hazelnut coffee... THEN...onward to Dirty Nellie's Ale House..and get SLOSHED... One way to overcome anger..Sleep it off...and GRAB the HAMMER and KNOCK some sense into my hubby to BUY me a NEW WASHER...( Oh, an using a NERF Hammer..HA-HA..GOT YA)..

“July 2016”

Since: Jun 06

Devizes, UK

#25273 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! But then when I was kid The Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares -- the witch throwing fireballs at the Scarecrow
It was Bambi with me...and I was grown up!

“July 2016”

Devizes, UK

#25274 May 3, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El
this last sentence here, to me is a lil sad.
only because its not like im a animal lover really, I can take or leave them, and if u really mean this last sentence, u might be missing out on a lot of people that u might just find interesting and fun to be with. ya know.
like me! lol
everybody is different, I accept that and maybe u should to, would open up a whole new world - maybe?
don't be mad about what I say, u should know im a big mouth and say what I think.. cant help it, just me..
:))
It isn't a case with me, of love my animals or else I don't
want to know you,(not you personally..:) much as seems that way.
It isn't top of my priorities that other love animals, but due
to my present circumstances animals rule my life...thanks to the
negligence of certain people, consequently I tend to have a higher regard for those responsible enough to look after what they have.
I have masses of good friends when I lived in the USA...including
a chap with whom I was considering marrying (big of me, lol) had to come back to the UK, who did I cry over...the Siamese cat I
chose to leave behind (rehomed)
I got over the bloke...never got over the cat. I rehomed her, and as I was walking out the door, she gave the Siamese yowl for the first time in her short life.
So you see, I am a lost cause.
Love you though and my friends here....:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25275 May 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a case with me, of love my animals or else I don't
want to know you,(not you personally..:) much as seems that way.
It isn't top of my priorities that other love animals, but due
to my present circumstances animals rule my life...thanks to the
negligence of certain people, consequently I tend to have a higher regard for those responsible enough to look after what they have.
I have masses of good friends when I lived in the USA...including
a chap with whom I was considering marrying (big of me, lol) had to come back to the UK, who did I cry over...the Siamese cat I
chose to leave behind (rehomed)
I got over the bloke...never got over the cat. I rehomed her, and as I was walking out the door, she gave the Siamese yowl for the first time in her short life.
So you see, I am a lost cause.
Love you though and my friends here....:)
a woman I know use to always say "anybody who hates kids and dogs aint all bad" which always use to crack me up because she was lovingly raising 6 kids, caring for a dog, doing Everything all by herself. and All of them WERE her life And passion.
and I know what she was trying to say to me - that having love in your life is wonderful but sometimes its ok to be annoyed with them, to hate what is happening at that moment in your life, what has been put on your doorstep because it builds character, helps u move forward with u own life, to show the world that you matter.

I will miss and love that woman for the rest of my life. she was a very strong and loving person.
(she was my mother)

and so are You Eleanorigby..

Bora Da!!
have a wonderful weekend.
:}

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25276 May 3, 2013
VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND WHOM POSTED THIS TO ME IS THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED MAN.......

I whom should be inspiring this man , is the one inspiring me .....
his post to my ills ... and inspiration directed at me

..........thanks..........

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I have that strength left in me

If I can do, so can you - Semper Fi for you - Per Mare, Per Terram for me. Remember, we don't lie down, we don't back down and we fight every inch of the way. You've got it in there Tally, you know you have. Sometimes we have to dig deep to find it, but it doesn't dissolve, it doesn't dilute, it doesn't dissipate - we still have the strength inside us.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25277 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that we've stooped to terrorist tactics ourselves.... we're no "better" than they are.
Tactics are nothing alike at all. Terrorist cut your head off

“July”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#25278 May 3, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

For El and Vee,
In memory of the great Deanna Durbin.

"Mid pleasures and palaces ..'tho
we may roam,
be it ever so humble,
there's no place like home"

What a beautiful line ..
and HOW very true"

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25279 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you can dress it up and call it 'enhanced interrogation' but in reality it's still barbaric torture. And I'm willing to bet that some of the information has nothing to do with saving lives but overthrowing non democratic governments.
It is a shame Osama was killed. Much better to interrogate him and then kill him and maybe that is what happened. Was it OK to kill him but wrong to interrogate him?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25280 May 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Bambi with me...and I was grown up!
I knew you were a Bambi fan :)

“July”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#25281 May 3, 2013
Has anyone seen the v recent story of the
little child in the USA who got a gun as a gift,
(Child size, apparently) and accidentally shot dead
his little sister...of two yrs!
To me that says it all..
The lunacy of giving a gun as child's present... Is simply mind boggling.
Here it is illegal.. to own a gun..
Granted a few criminals get them in the 'back door'(whats new)!
But generally speaking .. they are not available to the public... here..
and I'm not sorry about that.

“July 2016”

Devizes, UK

#25282 May 3, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
a woman I know use to always say "anybody who hates kids and dogs aint all bad" which always use to crack me up because she was lovingly raising 6 kids, caring for a dog, doing Everything all by herself. and All of them WERE her life And passion.
and I know what she was trying to say to me - that having love in your life is wonderful but sometimes its ok to be annoyed with them, to hate what is happening at that moment in your life, what has been put on your doorstep because it builds character, helps u move forward with u own life, to show the world that you matter.
I will miss and love that woman for the rest of my life. she was a very strong and loving person.
(she was my mother)
and so are You Eleanorigby..
Bora Da!!
have a wonderful weekend.
:}
PFfff..I carried these words around with me all the daylong...read
this and got called away..but want to thank you for such a wonderful post, and for your friendship. It also reminds me how very strong my own mother was in her task of bringing up five,..widowed at 32 and you know, they passed this strength down to us to draw on when the occasion presented itself that we needed to be strong.
Have a great and peaceful weekend...:)
Elx

“July 2016”

Devizes, UK

#25283 May 3, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you were a Bambi fan :)
LOL! I'm still trying to put it out of my mind. There
was no critisism of yourself Denny when I mentioned it...
just wanted you to know that.

“July 2016”

Devizes, UK

#25284 May 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND WHOM POSTED THIS TO ME IS THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED MAN.......
I whom should be inspiring this man , is the one inspiring me .....
his post to my ills ... and inspiration directed at me
..........thanks..........
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I have that strength left in me
If I can do, so can you - Semper Fi for you - Per Mare, Per Terram for me. Remember, we don't lie down, we don't back down and we fight every inch of the way. You've got it in there Tally, you know you have. Sometimes we have to dig deep to find it, but it doesn't dissolve, it doesn't dilute, it doesn't dissipate - we still have the strength inside us.
Sounds like those words are from a brother-in-arms Sir Tally
and there is a lot of strength in them.
Huge thanks for sharing with us here in the kitchen and hope
this finds you well.

“July 2016”

Devizes, UK

#25285 May 3, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Has anyone seen the v recent story of the
little child in the USA who got a gun as a gift,
(Child size, apparently) and accidentally shot dead
his little sister...of two yrs!
To me that says it all..
The lunacy of giving a gun as child's present... Is simply mind boggling.
Here it is illegal.. to own a gun..
Granted a few criminals get them in the 'back door'(whats new)!
But generally speaking .. they are not available to the public... here..
and I'm not sorry about that.
'Evening Grace....
yes, I read about that, absolutely tragic, the parents did not
know there was a bullet in the gun.
If not banned, then at least some training should be given, and
an assurance the weapon will be kept safe from children.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25286 May 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like those words are from a brother-in-arms Sir Tally
and there is a lot of strength in them.
Huge thanks for sharing with us here in the kitchen and hope
this finds you well.
yes Lady El ... I am hoping that it has a very good reverse effect ..... because of the Capt Tony's inner being he becomes even at a greater inspired level

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min wichita-rick 194,713
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Blitzking 201,768
A six word game (Dec '08) 30 min Aussie Kev 19,500
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 32 min wichita-rick 3,649
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 38 min Aussie Kev 3,552
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 40 min Aussie Kev 35,629
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 41 min Humhainna 13,822
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 18,524
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 7,895
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 32,700
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr dod 8,539
More from around the web