El's Kitchen

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25261 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Grace so many who have been released and gone back to terrorism. They are prisoners of war. At least they have been given that title. They are not part of a military and fight in no uniform. Only one has been sent to Gitmo. They now die in the field as they fight. We don't capture high value leaders we put a missle from a drone on them and kill them
It's called recidivism Denny. Should we start water boarding convicts in county jails & state penitentiaries to prevent recidivism?

Since the US detains indefinitely people it SUSPECTS of being terrorists, then the US has no claim to piss & moan & cry foul when US citizens suspected of being spies or creating civil unrest are jailed indefintely in foreign countries.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25262 May 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloody hell PFfff....you don't need to explain to anyone that you are not an animal hater, I think it's pretty apparent to one and all that you love animals, that shows in the way you have spoken of your dog.
But I have to say that I understood you perfectly the first time, I can still manage to grasp what is said to me, lol.
I couldn't agree more that you are a responsible person..
and of course it is entirely up to yourself whether you have another dog or not, or had a pet when your children were small, that is the individuals choice.
Me, I firmly believe in all children having the pleasure and the responsibility of a pet...teaches them respect for animals, not saying they don't have that if they are not brought up with them tho'. Having to watch what I say I can see.
Now what I was saying was that, it wasn't the right time for me either, but, it was the right time for the cats I rescued. Everything can't go quite according to one's plans.
Best laid plans of mice and men.....
I was equally irresponsible as a child too.
We couldn't afford another mouth to feed, but when I saw a cat lying in the road, alive but injured, I carried it home and put it in a box in the ginnel, happens my brother's best school blazer was in the box, my mum went mad, lol.
You can't judge a book by it's cover you are quite right. A similar experience to that of yours, was, a friend asked me if I would rent a property we had to a girl he could recommend, along with her two small children. Turns out this young lady was a Rainbow Warrior...scarlet hair, the works.
On his recommendation I gladly offered her the home I had available to rent, my old home as it happens, I had a few reservations, but they were unfounded, there was an occasion I didn't pick up the rent for a month, she 'phoned me to remind me...and when she left, she left some money to cover a little damage accidentally done by her children.
El!!!!!!!
isn't Bloody hell like cursing there??
tsk tsk.
:)

don't get insulted or annoyed with my post ok.. just talking, explaining myself since its sometimes not understood what people are saying here on topix. not a big deal..

Location hidden

#25263 May 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
So we are in agreement there, not to judge a book by it's cover.
Personally, I will stick with what I said earlier, if someone doesn't like animals, not if someone is afraid of them, just doesn't like them per se, then they are not for me.
El
this last sentence here, to me is a lil sad.
only because its not like im a animal lover really, I can take or leave them, and if u really mean this last sentence, u might be missing out on a lot of people that u might just find interesting and fun to be with. ya know.
like me! lol

everybody is different, I accept that and maybe u should to, would open up a whole new world - maybe?

don't be mad about what I say, u should know im a big mouth and say what I think.. cant help it, just me..
:))
Krypteia

Birmingham, UK

#25264 May 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El!!!!!!!
tsk tsk.
don't get insulted or annoyed with my post ok.. just talking, explaining myself since its sometimes not understood what people are saying here on topix. not a big deal..
Evening babes,we actually say Bloody Hell in a lot of different ways from exclamation onwards,for example if a team got a goal which you were unprepared for you might say Bloody Hell how did they get that or Bloody Hell I"m stupid,and so on..
As for not understanding what people say,yep I confuse myself babes..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25265 May 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so I'm clear, if the Dallas PD picks up someone they THINK committed a crime or has information the PD wants to obtain, water boarding the individual is permissible because its not torture?
Seriously?
I think herein lies a matter of opinion. You're retired military. You were perhaps trained and experienced weatherboarding yourself so you understood you were not going to die.
Causing one to believe they are going to die is mental torture and the legal definition of 'simple battery' can still be applied to water boarding.
Another case of just because we can doesn't mean we should.
The Dallas police can't do that. But if you are a foreign terrorist captured on the battle field and you have information you bet inhanced interrogation is fine. It consist of sleep deprivation being kept cold, naked and hungry. 3 people were waterboarded that led to killing Osama. Should Osama been capture or killed in cold blood. Since Obama came in office there has only been 1 person sent to Gitmo. They die in the field now

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25266 May 2, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called recidivism Denny. Should we start water boarding convicts in county jails & state penitentiaries to prevent recidivism?
Since the US detains indefinitely people it SUSPECTS of being terrorists, then the US has no claim to piss & moan & cry foul when US citizens suspected of being spies or creating civil unrest are jailed indefintely in foreign countries.
Depends on what they were doing. If they were planting bombs and killing people then yes they will rot in a foreign prison. Enhanced interrogation is about getting information

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25267 May 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El!!!!!!!
tsk tsk.
Bloody is a mild curse as is bugger :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25268 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Grace. The birds was pretty scarey :)
No kidding! But then when I was kid The Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares -- the witch throwing fireballs at the Scarecrow

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25269 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The Dallas police can't do that. But if you are a foreign terrorist captured on the battle field and you have information you bet inhanced interrogation is fine. It consist of sleep deprivation being kept cold, naked and hungry. 3 people were waterboarded that led to killing Osama. Should Osama been capture or killed in cold blood. Since Obama came in office there has only been 1 person sent to Gitmo. They die in the field now
Whether its the Dallas pd or the us military or some form of the alphabet it's still wrong and to say its ok for one set of authorities to do it and not the other is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Psychological torture is still psychological torture and not all the people it's used on are terrorists anymore than the convicted are all really guilty.

And PS what's good for the goose is good for the gander so I guess you're suggesting that its ok if/when it's done to Americans in similar circumstances - war is war right? And in the minds of some of those people they are at war with the US or Israel just like Bush started a war in Iraq.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25270 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The Dallas police can't do that. But if you are a foreign terrorist captured on the battle field and you have information you bet inhanced interrogation is fine. It consist of sleep deprivation being kept cold, naked and hungry. 3 people were waterboarded that led to killing Osama. Should Osama been capture or killed in cold blood. Since Obama came in office there has only been 1 person sent to Gitmo. They die in the field now
Nice that we've stooped to terrorist tactics ourselves.... we're no "better" than they are.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25271 May 2, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on what they were doing. If they were planting bombs and killing people then yes they will rot in a foreign prison. Enhanced interrogation is about getting information
It's you can dress it up and call it 'enhanced interrogation' but in reality it's still barbaric torture. And I'm willing to bet that some of the information has nothing to do with saving lives but overthrowing non democratic governments.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#25272 May 2, 2013
OMG!!...El.....am NOT in the mood for political chatting... My washer KONKED out...Solo, decided to take a breather.. and visit and enjoy a slice of your Black Forest Cake and a cup of Hazelnut coffee... THEN...onward to Dirty Nellie's Ale House..and get SLOSHED... One way to overcome anger..Sleep it off...and GRAB the HAMMER and KNOCK some sense into my hubby to BUY me a NEW WASHER...( Oh, an using a NERF Hammer..HA-HA..GOT YA)..

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25273 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! But then when I was kid The Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares -- the witch throwing fireballs at the Scarecrow
It was Bambi with me...and I was grown up!

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25274 May 3, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El
this last sentence here, to me is a lil sad.
only because its not like im a animal lover really, I can take or leave them, and if u really mean this last sentence, u might be missing out on a lot of people that u might just find interesting and fun to be with. ya know.
like me! lol
everybody is different, I accept that and maybe u should to, would open up a whole new world - maybe?
don't be mad about what I say, u should know im a big mouth and say what I think.. cant help it, just me..
:))
It isn't a case with me, of love my animals or else I don't
want to know you,(not you personally..:) much as seems that way.
It isn't top of my priorities that other love animals, but due
to my present circumstances animals rule my life...thanks to the
negligence of certain people, consequently I tend to have a higher regard for those responsible enough to look after what they have.
I have masses of good friends when I lived in the USA...including
a chap with whom I was considering marrying (big of me, lol) had to come back to the UK, who did I cry over...the Siamese cat I
chose to leave behind (rehomed)
I got over the bloke...never got over the cat. I rehomed her, and as I was walking out the door, she gave the Siamese yowl for the first time in her short life.
So you see, I am a lost cause.
Love you though and my friends here....:)

Location hidden

#25275 May 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a case with me, of love my animals or else I don't
want to know you,(not you personally..:) much as seems that way.
It isn't top of my priorities that other love animals, but due
to my present circumstances animals rule my life...thanks to the
negligence of certain people, consequently I tend to have a higher regard for those responsible enough to look after what they have.
I have masses of good friends when I lived in the USA...including
a chap with whom I was considering marrying (big of me, lol) had to come back to the UK, who did I cry over...the Siamese cat I
chose to leave behind (rehomed)
I got over the bloke...never got over the cat. I rehomed her, and as I was walking out the door, she gave the Siamese yowl for the first time in her short life.
So you see, I am a lost cause.
Love you though and my friends here....:)
a woman I know use to always say "anybody who hates kids and dogs aint all bad" which always use to crack me up because she was lovingly raising 6 kids, caring for a dog, doing Everything all by herself. and All of them WERE her life And passion.
and I know what she was trying to say to me - that having love in your life is wonderful but sometimes its ok to be annoyed with them, to hate what is happening at that moment in your life, what has been put on your doorstep because it builds character, helps u move forward with u own life, to show the world that you matter.

I will miss and love that woman for the rest of my life. she was a very strong and loving person.
(she was my mother)

and so are You Eleanorigby..

Bora Da!!
have a wonderful weekend.
:}

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25276 May 3, 2013
VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND WHOM POSTED THIS TO ME IS THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED MAN.......

I whom should be inspiring this man , is the one inspiring me .....
his post to my ills ... and inspiration directed at me

..........thanks..........

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I have that strength left in me

If I can do, so can you - Semper Fi for you - Per Mare, Per Terram for me. Remember, we don't lie down, we don't back down and we fight every inch of the way. You've got it in there Tally, you know you have. Sometimes we have to dig deep to find it, but it doesn't dissolve, it doesn't dilute, it doesn't dissipate - we still have the strength inside us.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25277 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice that we've stooped to terrorist tactics ourselves.... we're no "better" than they are.
Tactics are nothing alike at all. Terrorist cut your head off

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#25278 May 3, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

For El and Vee,
In memory of the great Deanna Durbin.

"Mid pleasures and palaces ..'tho
we may roam,
be it ever so humble,
there's no place like home"

What a beautiful line ..
and HOW very true"

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25279 May 3, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you can dress it up and call it 'enhanced interrogation' but in reality it's still barbaric torture. And I'm willing to bet that some of the information has nothing to do with saving lives but overthrowing non democratic governments.
It is a shame Osama was killed. Much better to interrogate him and then kill him and maybe that is what happened. Was it OK to kill him but wrong to interrogate him?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25280 May 3, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Bambi with me...and I was grown up!
I knew you were a Bambi fan :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 13 min honeymylove 640
Conundrum........a confusing and difficult prob... 15 min KNIGHT DeVINE 67
News Kanye West Stuns With Lengthy, Bizarre VMAs Spe... 19 min Huh 15
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 26 min wichita-rick 15,606
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min wichita-rick 169,537
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 29 min wichita-rick 1,792
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 30 min Sublime1 16,103
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min KNIGHT DeVINE 13,368
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 46 min grace-fallen 29,746
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 50 min Brother Larry 2,517
More from around the web