El's Kitchen

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#25230 May 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>My big standard Poodle was so scared when we first got him from his former owners. He would pee in the floor and was so unhappy. Now he loves his home and plays all the time with us and the other dogs. He is a gentle giant who thinks he is a lap dog :)
;)

very cool, Denny;)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25231 May 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Grace I do see you as a very sweet woman and I meant no offense by saying that. I am sorry if I offended you, I would never mean to do that. I think most women look at war in a different way than men. We are all subject to getting our information from bias sources.
Thanks Denny..

And I take it as you said -
that you meant no offence,
Adding apologies if I was too quick to
Jump to conclusions.

Regards...

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25232 May 1, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Lady El ... I am SO happy that you are reuniting with family in the not to distant future ... that is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us ... Family is family - 2 legged and/or 4 legged, in my case ... and when it comes right down to it, that's all we've got ... Stevie Ray Vaughan was quoted for saying something like that but it's been said before he came and left this earth ... I know the reunion will be the best of days for you ... Hope you, P and the rest of your family are well and in good spirits ... Much love from this home to yours! FC <3 ...
"What I am trying to get across to you; is please take care of yourselves and those that you love, because that is what we are here for, that's all we've got and all we can take with us." - Stevie Ray Vaughan ~
Hello Dear Flower...and thank you, yes, I am thrilled about finding these cousins, plus, I have been sent some photos
which establish what was merely a rumour from my late guardians.
Talking in riddles I know, but long story.
That quote of Stevie Ray Vaughan's is truly inspirational...as
was the man/musician...makes one think, without doubt.
I feel your heartache...and hold you close...Much Love and arms
around you.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25233 May 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Great to have you back but take care of yourself first El
:)....

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25234 May 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet people like Grace want to overlook that. The left is so into womens rights yet they condone the way women are treated under Islamic rule or at least look the other way. I thought it so ironic when I was going through security at Heathrow. They were all Muslims and patting me down to make sure I wasn't a terrorist. Education has nothing to do with terrorism. Look at the doctors who tried to bomb in England. They were men who grew up in England and yet they wanted to murder innocent people
Denny....

"they were all Muslims....".....probably because the surrounding
area has the highest percentage of Muslims in the South East of
London...it almost compares to that of Christians...41% to 23%
is a rough guide. Mostly hard working folk...running Mommy and Daddy stores and providing jobs for their own children when they
leave school.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25235 May 1, 2013
lol...

Mom and Pop stores I believe is the phrase...:)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25237 May 1, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, P ... Nice to see you ... I didn't watch the video, or if there was one ... just saw your comments ... on FB yesterday there was a message which said, "I don't trust people who don't like dogs" ... I copied it on my wall ... and, basically, that's how I feel, lol ... If my pup doesn't like a person, then neither do I ... It pretty much sums it up ... Must be something wrong or evil about that person ... I don't think it's much about the "breed" of the dog but more about the way the person raises or treats the certain dog, no matter what the breed ... well, that's my opinion ... I can't really talk about pups or dogs right now ... too "raw" a subject ... It is nice to see you and everyone, though ... I will say that much, lol ... Enjoy your day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...
u know when I said the word "boxer" here on this post, I was talking about a fighter, not the breed. only I cant remember the guys name! lol
actually I think boxers (the dog) are really good ones to have, very gentle, from what ive observed within our family.
but I don't agree with ur statement on not trusting people who don't like dogs, I don't think they're evil or something wrong with them, they may actually have a real good reason not to like them. the same with cats.. so I don't hold it against them.
to each his own I say. now me, im a dog person, but I don't want another one now, and while I miss the lil turd of ours, our lifestyle at this time isn't cut out for another one.
I think, like having kids, u should only have one when and if u really want to, it should be at a time when having a pet brings u joy, love and laughter, just like having kids.
but u have to be open to it and commit for a lifetime. not everybody is, nothing wrong with that either...
IMO anyway.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25238 May 1, 2013
Howdy All

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25239 May 1, 2013
PFfff wrote:
Howdy All
Howdy Darlin :)

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#25240 May 1, 2013
El, happeeeeeee Wednesday evening and happy Thursday morning. I wanted to let you know, Deanna Durbin died. She was 91. She never lost her English accent, she was born there. What a dynamite singing sensation she was. If you have not seen any of her movies, see if you can locate some to watch. To all the other snack attackers, happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thursday.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25241 May 2, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
u know when I said the word "boxer" here on this post, I was talking about a fighter, not the breed. only I cant remember the guys name! lol
actually I think boxers (the dog) are really good ones to have, very gentle, from what ive observed within our family.
but I don't agree with ur statement on not trusting people who don't like dogs, I don't think they're evil or something wrong with them, they may actually have a real good reason not to like them. the same with cats.. so I don't hold it against them.
to each his own I say. now me, im a dog person, but I don't want another one now, and while I miss the lil turd of ours, our lifestyle at this time isn't cut out for another one.
I think, like having kids, u should only have one when and if u really want to, it should be at a time when having a pet brings u joy, love and laughter, just like having kids.
but u have to be open to it and commit for a lifetime. not everybody is, nothing wrong with that either...
IMO anyway.
Bora Da PFfff...

couldn't help but notice your views on pet ownership....

have to say that in a Perfect World that would be ideal, but
doesn't always work out like that. I most certainly did not
choose to be responsible for all the cats I have in my care,
cats which were all, without exception, abused, malnourished
mistreated, some with broken limbs, you get the picture.
I could have ignored them...after all, I had two cats of my
own, and a darling Yorkshire Terrier dog...had quite a good life-style too, have always enjoyed holidays abroad....

but my conscience kicked in, poor wee cat sheltering under the
car with a broken femur, it took a long time to gain his confidence in people, no way was I going to pass him on to a shelter, or a new home...that was twelve years ago, today he is
still going strong, and is a beloved pet of ours.
A cat seeking refuge in the cold wet Winter, sheltering under a
bush in our garden...took six weeks to coax him to accept my
hand of friendship, turned out he hadn't a tooth in his head and
the Vet considered they had been pulled by man....
Again, no way I could rehome him, he is petrified of people other
than us. Big fat lump that he is now!...:)
The list goes on...

It's been hard slog, but there are times that they do bring us joy and laughter, but that's not what it is all about, it's about caring, and considering other than ourselves.

I have to add, I cannot abide people who dislike animals, I was
talking about forgiveness here the other week, and quoting the
Lord's Prayer, Grace had the guts to admit that she doesn't believe in that bit of it, lol, well, lil ole hyprocite me, I will never forgive a new neighbour at the time, who, upon 'meeting' the cat who had the broken femur, threatened to chase him should he venture into her (sadly neglected) garden. Afraid I am guilty of tunnel vision when it comes to animals.

Don't expect you to change your opinion, and think no less of you for voicing yours, just felt like voicing my own this beautiful morning....:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25242 May 2, 2013
Vee wrote:
El, happeeeeeee Wednesday evening and happy Thursday morning. I wanted to let you know, Deanna Durbin died. She was 91. She never lost her English accent, she was born there. What a dynamite singing sensation she was. If you have not seen any of her movies, see if you can locate some to watch. To all the other snack attackers, happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thursday.
Happy Thursday Vee....always sad to hear of one of the old
GREATS passing away...I'll do that, I will find a clip on
YouTube...
R.I.P Deanna

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25243 May 2, 2013
I'm sure you'll forgive me for bringing up the
biting football incident again...but thought an update was worthy.

The payer ot a ten match suspension by the FA..he chose not to appeal s he did not want te fans or the club to think he regarded his behavior as any less serious than it was.
His future with Liverpool F.C seems in jeopardy..
although top teams are vying for him..Bayern Munich etc.

The saddest part of all this, is, he was in line for Player of the Year at the prestigious awards,
he did in fact come second, having been voted for by players and public alike...prior to the incident.

The biggest punishment of all came when he was booed at the ceremony.

This is a very gifted, brilliant football player, the biting should not have happened, but it was
hardly along the lines of the one where the boxer bit off the ear of his opponent.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25244 May 2, 2013
Good Morning Everyone....

lovely day here, off to sit out with a cup of tea...

anyone care to join me..:)
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#25245 May 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bora Da PFfff...
own, and a darling Yorkshire Terrier dog...had quite a good life-style too, have always enjoyed holidays abroad....
car with a broken femur, it took a long time to gain his confidence in people, no way was I going to pass him on to a shelter, or a new home...that was twelve years ago, today he is
The list goes on...
It's been hard slog, but there are times that they do bring us joy and laughter, but that's not what it is all about, it's about caring, and considering other than ourselves.
Lord's Prayer, Grace had the guts to admit that she doesn't believe in that bit of it, lol, well, lil ole hyprocite me, I will never forgive a new neighbour at the time, who, upon 'meeting' the cat who had the broken femur, threatened to chase him should he venture into her (sadly neglected) garden. Afraid I am guilty of tunnel vision when it comes to animals.
Don't expect you to change your opinion, and think no less of you for voicing yours, just felt like voicing my own this beautiful morning....:)
Morning El,must admit I'm not particularly an animal lover as such even though we have two pointless hairy mosquito's,oops I meant the wife's cats,that do absolutely nothing but eat,sleep and one attacks my brother when he turns up,which I must admit I find funny,anyway the wife loves them.
Even though I'm not an animal lover I don't like cruelty to them,when you see people kicking their dogs and so on I just think they should be put in a den full of wolves and get a taste of their own medicine,as you can see I'm not really a people lover either,lol
Anyway a lovely day here on the coast so I'll make the most of it,my next job starts tomorrow,getting fed up with painting and so on,just want to win the lottery..

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25246 May 2, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand your question Grace about I hope your not offering what the Taliban do?
Sorry K,

I probably meant like > being in agreement with
Locking people up and giving no reason for detaining
them in Guantanamo.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25247 May 2, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Bora Da PFfff...
The list goes on...
OMG El,

The content of above make one cold..
Imagining as you wrote your experiences down,
A little cat hiding under a bush having had it's teeth pulled,,
Jeezes, I'd hide out forever if I had that experience!
But, unlike the sweet animal I would know not
EVERYONE would do the likes..

I think, as I said many times, that
You have something special>
As proved with your involvement in animal care.

I personally don't think I'd have the heart to deal
with these cases,(probably shows a weakness in me)
But I'm prepared to admit it,

I give money often .. yes, and donations
Of food and toys to Animal shelters,
But 'being there' diving in 'hands on 'is
SO special and that's where YOU have it over me,
I'm willing to admit.

I must say I more agree with PFfff
When she says understands people who don't like
animals particularly, there ARE those who
may not 'like' animals but at the same time would
NEVER harm them in any way, and, I think it is not
a reflection on a person,
It certainly WOULD be a very different matter
we're these people seen to be cruel to
Animals. And, therein, lies the real difference.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25248 May 2, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Morning El,must admit I'm not particularly an animal lover as such even though we have two pointless hairy mosquito's,oops I meant the wife's cats,that do absolutely nothing but eat,sleep and one attacks my brother when he turns up,which I must admit I find funny,anyway the wife loves them.
Even though I'm not an animal lover I don't like cruelty to them,when you see people kicking their dogs and so on I just think they should be put in a den full of wolves and get a taste of their own medicine,as you can see I'm not really a people lover either,lol
Anyway a lovely day here on the coast so I'll make the most of it,my next job starts tomorrow,getting fed up with painting and so on,just want to win the lottery..
Aww Krypteia..

you said it .."the wife loves them"...

there is no way your wife would have those cats if she was not 100%
certain that you would accept them, and that, to me, means you respect her wishes and those of the cats. I call that being an animal lover in an indirect way!...:)

Anyway, you're alright from where I am sitting..

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25249 May 2, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG El,
The content of above make one cold..
Imagining as you wrote your experiences down,
A little cat hiding under a bush having had it's teeth pulled,,
Jeezes, I'd hide out forever if I had that experience!
But, unlike the sweet animal I would know not
EVERYONE would do the likes..
I think, as I said many times, that
You have something special>
As proved with your involvement in animal care.
I personally don't think I'd have the heart to deal
with these cases,(probably shows a weakness in me)
But I'm prepared to admit it,
I give money often .. yes, and donations
Of food and toys to Animal shelters,
But 'being there' diving in 'hands on 'is
SO special and that's where YOU have it over me,
I'm willing to admit.
I must say I more agree with PFfff
When she says understands people who don't like
animals particularly, there ARE those who
may not 'like' animals but at the same time would
NEVER harm them in any way, and, I think it is not
a reflection on a person,
It certainly WOULD be a very different matter
we're these people seen to be cruel to
Animals. And, therein, lies the real difference.
Thanks Grace, and I know if the situation presented itself, you could do just as well as I have done, bear in mind it has been over a period of time. As it is, the help you give is priceless.

I might have mentioned this before Grace,(starting to repeat myself in my dotage) lol
but there were so many coincidences arose with the cat I found hiding behind the bush.

Many years ago I bred a British Black Shorthair name of Ali Baba.
Ali was true to the breed, tiny ears set wide apart, jet black coat through to the roots, wide chest, like a little Bulldog,
and copper eye colour, Roman nose. He had one 'fault' for a show cat, he had six white hairs on his chest...he didn't mind too much when I gently plucked them prior to a show! Ali lived to a good age,
he enjoyed his walks in the fields with me and had a normal life, neutered young.

Fast forward...five years or so ago, this black cat appears, very cowed, very afraid of contact. We put a flag down on the border and an old dog kennel, fed him twice daily, he stayed put but it was six weeks before he allowed any form of contact.
I brought him in the house.

Joe had one good eye, one damaged...his good eye was copper coloured.

He has tiny ears set wide apart, jet black coat through to the roots, wide chest, like a little Bulldog, and a Roman nose.
Joe also has six white hairs on his chest.

If I wasn't so realistic I would think he was a reincarnation of Ali Baba.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25250 May 2, 2013
Vee wrote:
THANKS a lot for this info, Vee

Wouldn't have know but for you..
Yes she WAS a one off..

And how she climbed so effortlessly to those
top notes.

'If you're looking on U Tube,
Look for

'HOME ' by DD.

'Amid pleasures & Palaces,
there's no place like home'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 26 min RachelsGonnaRach 8,230
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 29 min I_m gone 2,601
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr revilot2 9,544
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr qwertypus 230,626
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr qwertypus 39,757
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 3 hr qwertypus 1,179
Type the word Cat 3 hr aka Deja Blue 232
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr North Mountain 34,971