El's Kitchen

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25189 Apr 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a topic to debate. If it is a woman's choice why isn't it also a man's choice to be a dad. If a man doesn't want the baby he still has to pay child support :) Do woman want everything to be equal or just some things :)
D,
That's a very good point really..

There was a case here some time ago where
a young woman was 'going out'with a young
man, she became pregnant -

she said a baby at that time would
just interfere in her life,
so she wanted an abortion;

her boyfriend no way wanted that..
and offered to take the baby over
the minute it was born, rear and support
it, and have everything legally signed up...

She disagreed, saying it was HER choice only..

I disagree with her - as

it takes TWO to make a baby.
so , reasonably, it should take two to make such a choice.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25190 Apr 29, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart, I will not debate the pro-choice/anti-choice movement with you....again......or here in the Kitchen. I'm fairly confident we've been down this road before outside of Offbeat and I'm not traveling it again.:)
I was not even criticizing your fondness for hunting; only the irony of when you can and cannot kill geese.
;-)
If the decision is made very early I don't have a big problem. It is the Doctor on trial for murdering 8 babies that were born alive this is an outrage

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25192 Apr 30, 2013
A bright GOOD MORNING to all
here- cant't believe how quickly we're running into
May!!! How quickly the year is going,
At least I feel.

Thinking of El, Tony and regards to
ALL the regulars.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25193 Apr 30, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
At least I feel.

ALL the regulars.
Morning Grace, have a lovely day. Seems the older we get the faster time passes......and when I was young it couldn't pass fast enough!:-)

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25194 Apr 30, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Grace, have a lovely day. Seems the older we get the faster time passes......and when I was young it couldn't pass fast enough!:-)
HOW very true that is,
We used wish our lives away.

Now we are balancing the scales(:

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25195 Apr 30, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk Wedgewood shall we? Have you gotten any listed? May I see a few photos to decide which figurine to purchase? For you and only you, I might even consider going on eBay with a new moniker & PayPal account.
LOL My wife still has not got it all cataloged let alone a picture. I will try to do a video of the 6 cases. My wife is in depression so getting her to stick with a project is a chore :) She is getting better though

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25196 Apr 30, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true. The year will be half over soon :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25197 Apr 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>That is so true. The year will be half over soon :)
Don't remind me! The warmer weather is finally settling in & I'd prefer it not get really cold again. Brrrr

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25198 Apr 30, 2013
Denny-- did you see this? This guy is not a women's healthcare provider or interested in helping low income women. He's a whack job and should be convicted beyond the fullest extent of the law.

Caught this on CNN and its just sickening. Hang the guy!

No verdict yet in Phila. abortion doctor case
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/justice/pennsyl...

Sent from my iPhone

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25199 May 1, 2013
Morning ALL

Happy May Day!

'The Flowers that Bloom in the Spring..
Tra la!'

I think there's something very unsettling about
prisoners in Guantanamo who are presently on
hunger strike, being force fed..
because, they say, they're being detained too long
without established reasons.

I really thought Obama said it was one of his priorities
to shut down Guantanamo,?

Am I mistaken?

Any views.

Thanks.
Krypteia

Barrow, UK

#25200 May 1, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Morning ALL
Happy May Day!
'The Flowers that Bloom in the Spring..
Tra la!'
I think there's something very unsettling about
prisoners in Guantanamo who are presently on
hunger strike, being force fed..
because, they say, they're being detained too long
without established reasons.
I really thought Obama said it was one of his priorities
to shut down Guantanamo,?
Am I mistaken?
Any views.
Thanks.
Good afternoon Grace and all I personally think the Americans have it right with Guantanamo myself,just think of the dangerous creatures that it has held the type that wouldn't think twice in killing you, your family and pet dog,of cause there has to be a point where trial and so on has to be held,but we had one of these creatures let out and sent back here,we all know this parasite was out there training to be a terrorist,I mean who the hell go's to Afghanistan to learn computers..Sooner them being detained too long than another World trade centre or the murderous carnage of London by these dark age animals..
Sorry Grace I have a pathological hatred for terrorists of any sort,you know one mans terrorist is another's so called freedom fighter but there is no freedom in Islam,plus the cowards in the IRA or UVF and so on,but some just enjoy the misery they inflict..

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#25201 May 1, 2013
Good Afternoon All..

been away for a few...and have so enjoyed some of the posts kindly sent to yours truly....
to those, Flower, Wildbluerose, Brighteyes, Quincy, Deer Whisperer...many many thanks. Have more to peruse, so to those, thanks in advance.

Coupla reasons for my not being behind the counter of late...principle reason being had treatment for my eyes, nothing serious, minor in fact, but essential, so was 'persueded' to give my pc a break!

Glad to be back...:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25202 May 1, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
At least I feel.
ALL the regulars.
Thanks Grace, had a wee break but missed the 'crew'...and
have to say what a wonderful group of friends we have in
this kitchen.
Tony remains forefront all the time...absolutely wish him well.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#25203 May 1, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Grace and all I personally think the Americans have it right with Guantanamo myself,just think of the dangerous creatures that it has held the type that wouldn't think twice in killing you, your family and pet dog,of cause there has to be a point where trial and so on has to be held,but we had one of these creatures let out and sent back here,we all know this parasite was out there training to be a terrorist,I mean who the hell go's to Afghanistan to learn computers..Sooner them being detained too long than another World trade centre or the murderous carnage of London by these dark age animals..
Sorry Grace I have a pathological hatred for terrorists of any sort,you know one mans terrorist is another's so called freedom fighter but there is no freedom in Islam,plus the cowards in the IRA or UVF and so on,but some just enjoy the misery they inflict..
Speaking for myself...I don't hold with torture Krypteia.
Regardless of who inflicts it.
Krypteia

Barrow, UK

#25204 May 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Afternoon All..
been away for a few...and have so enjoyed some of the posts kindly sent to yours truly....
to those, Flower, Wildbluerose, Brighteyes, Quincy, Deer Whisperer...many many thanks. Have more to peruse, so to those, thanks in advance.
Coupla reasons for my not being behind the counter of late...principle reason being had treatment for my eyes, nothing serious, minor in fact, but essential, so was 'persueded' to give my pc a break!
Glad to be back...:)
Afternoon El,good idea to give it a rest away from the computer especially if you have had some sort eye treatment,I get brain ache sometimes on here and I'm not on that often as such.,anyway it's a lovely day here on the coast went a walk with mrs Krypteia along the beach which was nice,a bit of a breeze but nice all the same.Hope tony is enjoying the weather think he's having the same as me,and sure it will pick him up no end especially if he's playing on the water,thought with him..
Krypteia

Barrow, UK

#25205 May 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed on that,but I have no problem with them being detained..

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25206 May 1, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant & concise..

PS

Glad to know you had your eyes seen to,
If we see you over straining by being here in
THE KITCHEN too long,
We'll chase you off to rest(:

Take care, El..

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25207 May 1, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon Grace and all I personally think the Americans have it right with Guantanamo myself,just think of the dangerous creatures that it has held the type that wouldn't think twice in killing you, your family and pet dog,of cause there has to be a point where trial and so on has to be held,but we had one of these creatures let out and sent back here,we all know this parasite was out there training to be a terrorist,I mean who the hell go's to Afghanistan to learn computers..Sooner them being detained too long than another World trade centre or the murderous carnage of London by these dark age animals..
True, K,
And indeed, we 'ALL ' have a strong distaste for
terrorists, the bad taste remaining all too recognisable after very recent
events in Boston..

Yes, some terrorists exist there in GT,
For very good reasons -
But,

All I am saying is,
Others also are holed up in Guantanamo, some
we're scooped up off the streets with no apparent knowledge
of their history or background, to THIS day, as far as the
Authorities know, these could be nothing more than on lookers,
who came to gawk
after a bomb went off.

THIS IS WRONG..
You cannot detain a person on the premise
'That guy looks a bit dodgy, haul him in'

And apparently that's what happened in many cases.

Thank you for your reply, appreciated.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25208 May 1, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
They go to Gitmo and get free dental and medical. They put on 20 pounds and get released on go on killing when they return. Hell of a way to run a war.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#25209 May 1, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
Denny-- did you see this? This guy is not a women's healthcare provider or interested in helping low income women. He's a whack job and should be convicted beyond the fullest extent of the law.
Caught this on CNN and its just sickening. Hang the guy!
No verdict yet in Phila. abortion doctor case
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/justice/pennsyl...
Sent from my iPhone
To bad the doctors mom didn't abort him. The doctor is pure evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 50 min Alain Vain 21,245
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 55 min Alain Vain 18,336
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 55 min Ohio Sam 34,795
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 59 min Alain Vain 84,513
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 3 hr quilterqueen 6,686
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr quilterqueen 6,948
A six word game (Dec '08) 4 hr quilterqueen 21,248
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr wichita-rick 227,166
More from around the web