Since: Dec 06

‘

#25061 Apr 22, 2013
Simple Simon Says GRACE wrote:
<quoted text>
'
'
'
Sweet dreams .......... and creams..... uh huh....
'
' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zs8QKXtCN9wXX
LOL

O,... you devil, you ...(:

Glad the wonderful deer came to no harm.

sleep peacefully...

I'm off to slumber-land now .. it's
near midnight here.

With sweet & tender wishes...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25062 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Quinny! I'm hanging in there ... it's a good thing your pups are lookin' like drowned rats as long as they're healthy ... and you, too! lol ... So, your Spring Fling is next month, yes? Guess you and the others are excited! Things here are status quo since I last wrote ... Thinking of making a trip to the library while it's still daylight so I think I'll put my flip flops on and go since it's only 1430 ... I do hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon ... Nice seeing you again ... Take care, be safe! FC <3 ...
Flip flops?! I'm jealous!!! At least I got to shed the raincoat today!
:-)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#25063 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Tokyo. How much got into the ocean and what will be the ramifications there?
A lot of people believe that most of the Pacific sealife now contains some level of heightened radiative material ... not sure abut Tokyo and airborn levels. I now the plant that was damaged in the quake did not have a total meltdown like Chernobyl.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25064 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still thought it was cute .... and you could have used the excuse it also represented spring ;)
Oh well, life goes on, seasons change ..etc etc ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25065 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems they were on their own. Not particularly well thought out plan. Al Qaeda gets in, gets out (or dies with it) and has larger death count. They aim to kill not maim. What is interesting is that I think the brother in the hospital came to the US as a child and recently became a citizen.
Probably his older brother indoctrinated him as he grew up. Supposedly parents and other family had not idea of all this. To be honest, I wonder ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#25066 Apr 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest Flower....we are fine here, well, plodding along, and hope all is well with you.....
coming in late tonight just to say Hi and catch up tomorrow....
Love always...<3
Dearest El ... I understand you took a fall in the garden ... hope you are on the mend yourself even as you take the time to check on others ... speaking of dog bites, I think, in Texas ---> the first dog bite is free, the second bite the dog is put down ... State Law ... unless it's changed since 2005 since I quit practicing ... Lots of things have changed since then ... I still take CLE (Continuing Legal Education) every couple of years to keep my license up to date but I don't recall any of that in discussion ... I stand corrected, if so ... Hope you and P are well and well wishes yall's way and the kittens way, too! Love always, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#25067 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flip flops?! I'm jealous!!! At least I got to shed the raincoat today!
:-)
81°F
Clear
Feels like: 81°
High 82°Low 61°

It was 88 out here at the lake, Quinny ... I'm sure you're in bed by now ... I'm headed that way myself ... sleep well and catch you and everyone else here on the morrow ... Night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25068 Apr 22, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Very fortunate in that by then at least about half of the runners had finished and there was a somewhat diminished crowd around the finishing area; and certainly the presence of all the doctors, nurses, and other medical/emergency staff on hand.
I understand several people are still in critical condition ... in many ways the impact is greater to those who survived but lost limbs or became paralyzed ... they have to live the rest of their lives with these handicaps.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25069 Apr 22, 2013
NeverMissed wrote:
There are somewhere around 850 comments on this thread since I last saw it.
then don't stay away so long!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25070 Apr 22, 2013
NeverMissed wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, my kids wish I had patience.
:p
Actually its YOU who wishes yo had more patience, when it comes to them ..

Am I right?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25071 Apr 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Can you tell me please....
Are we Christians or what?
Is there anyone amongst us has a shred of pity for the young man of 19 fighting for his life....
I often wondered how people who had lost loved ones could forgive those responsible, in fact I thought it beyond my understanding, that I never could personally if someone took the life of one of my family...yet the Lord's Prayer comes to mind..'Forgive us our trespass as we shall forgive them who trespass amongst us'
I can assure you I was as shocked as anybody at recent events, and have all the sympathy in the world for those stricken...
but regardless of the crime, this is a kid who was cohersed into doing something against his nature...anybody can see that, and he is really paying the price.
Sometimes I wonder if certain "ideals" are unrealistic. If everyone thought they would be forgiven, then what's to stop anyone and everyone from doing wrong?

In fact, dON'T THE EXTREMIST RELIGIOUS RADICALS, BELIeVE THAT THEY WIlL BE REWARDED WHEN THEY GO TO HEAVEN, for committing a car bombing or other such act?

I believe in most christian ideals, but not all.

Was that 19 year old coerced? We don't know yet. Most likely he was brainwashed since childhood. But, he did commit those acts and if he remains at large he will probably do more of the same....

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25072 Apr 22, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Can you tell me please....
Are we Christians or what?
Is there anyone amongst us has a shred of pity for the young man of 19 fighting for his life....
I often wondered how people who had lost loved ones could forgive those responsible, in fact I thought it beyond my understanding, that I never could personally if someone took the life of one of my family...yet the Lord's Prayer comes to mind..'Forgive us our trespass as we shall forgive them who trespass amongst us'
I can assure you I was as shocked as anybody at recent events, and have all the sympathy in the world for those stricken...
but regardless of the crime, this is a kid who was cohersed into doing something against his nature...anybody can see that, and he is really paying the price.
when I think back to the days we used to recite the lord's prayer in school ... my feelings about "trespasses" brought up the images of calling names, staling my lunch money, getting into fights ... I certainly did not imagine mass killings when I thought of the word "trespasses'... in other words, I thought of the things normal average poeple might do to others on a daily basis, through our own carelessness or selfishness ... but i did not apply it to an overtly maliscious act meant to harm others.

Taken another way, I would never dream to commit the "trespsass " of killing another person ... so was the saying even meant to apply to that, or did it only apply to normal everyday trespasses, not the extreme ones?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25073 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be a thing called innocent until proven guilty in the US. Not anymore. And I for one do not believe half the propaganda the FBI pushes. They caused the mayhem and death that ensued once they released those photographs, photographs mind you. First it was a Saudi national in the hospital, then photographs of two kids with ball caps and backpacks walking in an area filled with people in ball caps carrying backpacks. One is dead and the other presumably cannot speak.
The entire situation is tragic.
One of them was 26 . not a kid. I don't know about the Saudi Naitonal, but clearly they wanted to catch those two as fast as possible in case they planned more bombings. What better way than to let the public know who to avoid and who to report ... how else could they be caught quickly, adn be prevented from escaping the country ... it was risky but it worked.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25074 Apr 22, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people's lives have been ruined by accusation? The general public is being fed so much misinformation we believe what the authorities tell us. The pressure was too high - they had to hang it on someone. With one dead and the other clinging to life, the case can be closed if he dies with no on knowing what really happened or why.
Look what happened to Richard Jewell
https://www.google.com/search...
It is within the realm of possibilities that these two people were not responsible for the bombs at the marathon at all.
I suspect they found evidence of thier bomb making before they released the photos and escalated the manhunt ... today they reported that there was enough material to make substantially more bombs and some were already built.

I agree that no innocent person should be harmed in the zest to catch the killers .... but being too cautious would handcuff the law from catching the culprits.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25075 Apr 22, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
Morning all - seems an appropriate day to come clean about something ER has known for a while.
Some of you may recall I had to scrap a planned US trip to ski because of a persistent sore throat. That sore throat has now been diagnosed as cancer at the base of the tongue and on the tonsil. Fortunately, there are no secondaries.
Chemo starts tomorrow and I've been told with that and radiotherapy to put my life on hold for 6 months. Unfortunately, this has meant cancelling all work (including our pitch for the Glastonbury Festival - thank goodness they're refunding the fee of £4,500) and will mean selling one of the yachts from the sailing school. Don't care - health is much more important than money.
Please folks, no fuss. I have every intention of beating this, the only daunting part is the unknown of treatment, and that becomes clearer tomorrow.
we don't care if you're going to be staunch and steadfast about this ... we're gonna fuss if we want, OK???

A bad thing like this couldn't happen to a nicer guy .. so sorry to hear that you're going through this ... we're with you all the way Tony!!! Fight this thing!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#25076 Apr 22, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, im so sorry to hear this. if u dont mind, i'd like to make a suggestion, join a support group. while i understand some people find it hard to do, it sometimes helps talking to strangers going thru the same thing - someone who truly understands.
take care friend, u will be in my prayers..
:}
Thanks PFfff, but the friends and family I have around are a great support group in themselves, especially as four other members of the sailing club are battling the big C at this time - some of the jokes are positively ghoulish!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Saint Neots, UK

#25077 Apr 22, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to hear this mate and have no doubt you will beat this intrusion in no time at all,thoughts with you mate..
Cheers K - boot-necks never lie down quietly!!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Saint Neots, UK

#25079 Apr 22, 2013
GN, FC, Denny, ER, Franko and all on the thread - thanks for the positive vibes.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#25081 Apr 22, 2013
Teretta the DUH wrote:
Oh my...
'
My doctor just axxed me for a STOOL SAMPLE,, a URINE Sample,, and a Sperm Sample......
'
''''
'
'
I Jest sent him my undershorts????-----HUH??
'
GOODNESS..... heheheeh GARSH DARNIT!!
'
That cracked me up!!!

“another beer ? sure why not”

Level 7

Since: Aug 12

Ghostville

#25082 Apr 22, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>That cracked me up!!!
Hey Franko, good to see ya here. Im ditching a prop.. about to sign off here. yw if ya needed it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 min xxxooxxx 4,155
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min xxxooxxx 82,706
News Most people text their ex when drunk - this gir... 5 min Spotted Girl 12
Word association (Jun '07) 7 min xxxooxxx 5,457
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min xxxooxxx 12,208
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min xxxooxxx 5,175
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Sharlene45 201,182
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 13 min Crystal_Clear722 8,993
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 1 hr 8541 MARINE 139
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 9 hr A_Visitor 9,162