“Spot the orange Ram!”

Since: Jun 06

Thetford, UK

#24950 Apr 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Originally it was Dr. Kennedy's home. He sold to a woman named Abbout and it is know as the Abbout house. Then it was bought by the present owner. It is a charming historic place and is surrounded by similar old homes. Need some more restoration but only minor work
I had a look around the area on google earth. I wasn't at
all impressed it being quite industrial. Then I realized I had put in 2206 Park HOUSTON that is 'cos I watch Animal Cops Houston, duh.
Mrs. Abbout had exceptional taste it has to be said.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Thetford, UK

#24951 Apr 19, 2013
PFfff wrote:
what a nutty world we live in...
It would be okay only for people!

But then...there are some great people also..it's
all relevant.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Thetford, UK

#24952 Apr 19, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
I saw where the MEASLES epidemic..
is getting worse,
and one case died!
dreadful.
Have you any further news on this?
and, thanks.
I mentioned about it when I was giving my excuses for not
going to the surgery. There is an epidemic, over 800 cases,
this fellow who died had measles, not sure if they consider
it to be the cause of death.
It doesn't seem to have appeared up here in the North as yet.
Parents stopped their children from having the MMR vaccination
when there was a suggestion it was linked to autism...hence
the epidemic.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Thetford, UK

#24953 Apr 19, 2013
'Afternoon,Quincy, PFfff, Sir Tally, Denny, friends across the pond,'Evening Grace.

Had word during the week that old friends of P's have been hospitilised and are in a confused state.
We will be setting out early tomorrow morning, having arranged for 'pet sitters' to come in a feed our pets, to give them some moral support and
see what we can do to help matters.
Just until Sunday evening...

Just hoping now, along with everybody else, that this matter in Boston will soon be resolved without further incidents. It's awe inspiring how everybody has pulled together, as they have in West, Texas.

“Spot the orange Ram!”

Thetford, UK

#24954 Apr 19, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady Eleanor..
I hope that this is a good day for You and Yours.. I'm guessing that now includes your homely cat...hahahaha
;o)
There has been so much going on in the world my poor head has been spinning... The Horror of The Boston Bombing... A terrible explosion yesterday at a fertilizer plant in Wako, TX.
100's injured... the death toll was at 15 last I heard.. they said the explosions force was equal to a 2.5 earthquake...
I have a great deal of concern about bombings around here...
Thunder Over Louisville, The Kentucky Derby Festival kick off is this Saturday and there are always over a half a million people at this event.. Some come from all over the country to see ths fireworks display.. It's billed as the largest fireworks display in America... and it is an amazing show.. But with all that is going on Security has really been increased.. It's good to know that the agencies involved are getting ahead of the problems that could occur...
Then there was the passing of PM Margret Thatcher may she rest in peace.. She left a legacy.. The funeral was shown here on TV... From what I saw of it.. She was given her due respect...
Still life goes on and as for me.. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the house today.. We have more strong storms coming through this afternoon.. I am not looking forward to that at all...
Sending You and Yours all my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
Dear Rose,
You can be sure that security levels will have been heightened
due to the Marathon and Boston attacks...has it been confirmed that
the fertilizer plant explosion was accidental?
It was stepped up here for Margaret Thatcher's funeral, and we have the London Marathon on Sunday....
The Fireworks Display sounds wonderful...may everybody enjoy it as normal.
The cat (Tigger) is still turning up, Bailey detests him, so I slip him a little dish of food on the quiet when Bailey isn't looking...there was an altercation, Bailey went berserk got to grips with Tigger, who is HUGE, on the path, guess who had to separate them, I mean Bailey is 15 for Heaven's sake,(secretly proud that he still has 'it', lol)
Well, anyway, I am about to throw a few things together for an early get away tomorrow morning, so I will just say have a nice weekend, oh and, I planted up the Glads, poor things were throwing up shoots in the wrapping...I want some white ones now...
Speak soon..
Love-n-Hugs..

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#24955 Apr 19, 2013
Earl Grey ... hot!

I'm Alright Jack .... and have been pretty much. Just letting y'all know.

I got wondering if Kite in this old Brit movie was referenced by John Lennon in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band track. John was pretty clever in his references, yea?

Turns out no it wasn't this movie; Kite was involved in Pablo Fanque Circus(?) So I learned what it meant by Pablo Fanque in the song.:)

Grace ... Happy belated Birthday!:)

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#24956 Apr 19, 2013
Measles are re-appearing over here too, some folks for-going various vaccinations over hear as El stated about there.

All wishes for the London Marathon to go off without problems; and any other events all around.

While Boston itself was wounded, so too the world as it is a global event. The oldest marathon in America at 117 years old, runners and spectators come from everywhere, there are so many nationalities living in the Boston and MA greater area, and significant heritage of same certainly includes Ireland and Great Britain.

I must be off. Have great weekend all and/or do what needs done.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24957 Apr 19, 2013
seems that they have found a body , in a boat in storage in a back yard

welllllllllllll not sure looks about right , but can't see why police would walk by it ??

have no hard info , but hoping

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#24958 Apr 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
'Afternoon,Quincy, PFfff, Sir Tally, Denny, friends across the pond,'Evening Grace.
Had word during the week that old friends of P's have been hospitilised and are in a confused state.
We will be setting out early tomorrow morning, having arranged for 'pet sitters' to come in a feed our pets, to give them some moral support and
Just hoping now, along with everybody else, that this matter in Boston will soon be resolved without further incidents. It's awe inspiring how everybody has pulled together, as they have in West, Texas.
wishing for the best

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#24959 Apr 19, 2013
he is caught and alive sad to say ....

but at least he is caught

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24960 Apr 19, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:

Hi there El. I'm sure you're snoozing but wanted to give you a shout out!

I hope all turns out well for your friends. A confused state can be unnerving for all. I'm sure your pets will be in good hands. By nature cats are pretty self sufficient if left are their own for a few days. My dogs would eat all the food before I walked out the door.

Did I mention we have a mother goose in the parking lot of the credit union? She laid some eggs and hasn't left her post for several days, even with these horrible thunderstorms! You go girl!!!

And our facilities manager is spectacular. He put parking cones and wood stakes all around the area and blocked off parking spaces to keep mom and the nest safe.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24961 Apr 19, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Earl Grey ... hot!

I got wondering if Kite in this old Brit movie was referenced by John Lennon in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band track. John was pretty clever in his references, yea?

Turns out no it wasn't this movie; Kite was involved in Pablo Fanque Circus(?) So I learned what it meant by Pablo Fanque in the song.:)

Hey there buddy!! I missed you. Glad you popped in. Hope all is well and you are weathering these storms, no pun intended. We were dry in spite of flooding in all surrounding 'burbs.

Do you think spring will ever arrive? Actually had snow on the way to and from work, not that any stuck.

How are the wedding plans? Your daughter's big day will be here before you know it. Will your topix gal pal (I'm sorry in bad with names) visit you then? New beginnings are always such wonderful events.

Best wishes and its always nice to hear from you DW.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24962 Apr 20, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
Earl Grey ... hot!
Very good to see you back posting..
it's been a while.
Thanks for the birthday wishes..

Was trying to track you down
on WHAT HAPPENED TO..' thread(:

hoping you were OK.
Glad to know you are.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TLL95FT...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24964 Apr 20, 2013
El,
Hope your trip will be successful.

Glad all's well in Boston again
and that they got their lives back..

Dreadful Earthquake in China..
many killed many more injured.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24965 Apr 20, 2013
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...trying to track people down???...if people wanted you in their lives...you wouldn't have to track them down...what a pathetic old lady you are!
Hi Rosa,

I'm sorry to see that you life is sad..

You
disappear for ages and 'the key thing'
is,'whenever' you return,
it is always with the bitter word,
never with a happy greeting to El & folks here..
a thread you seldom come to.

I was concerned about DW here
and made inquiries
on the thread > 'WHAT HAPPENED TO'.. that presented itself.

So, no apologies.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24968 Apr 20, 2013
You know the old saying..>>

"Feed a troll and it fattens-
starve a troll and it fades away"

Sorry Rosa,
BUT .. there's simply NOTHING left
for you today in
my

'cupboard of words'(:

You'll have to go and beg attention somewhere else!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24969 Apr 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
You know the old saying..>>
"Feed a troll and it fattens-
starve a troll and it fades away"
Sorry Rosa,
BUT .. there's simply NOTHING left
for you today in
my
'cupboard of words'(:
You'll have to go and beg attention somewhere else!
Hello Dear Grace,
I wanted to thank you for just being you. You are a wonderful lady with lots of love and compassion. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and to all of the other friends in El's Kitchen (El, Quinn, Pfff, Denny, Tiff, Blue and hundreds, thousands, millions of friends).....I always wish the best for all of you and your families.
Peace & Love Always,
BE

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#24970 Apr 20, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Saturday, as Boston/Watertown can breath a sigh of relief that they captured the second suspect. Funny, the things that come to light. Uncle said both were losers. (All relatives want to save their OWN skin) Father interviewed from Russia, said one of his sons was an ANGEL. Mother said they were framed, the FBI targeting one of them for THREE years. Sister said she knew nothing of her brother's plot. Right now, the one captured alive is in serious condition. I believe that if he survives, he will frame his brother and put the blame on him. Then he will be given life in prison. Watch it unfold.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24971 Apr 20, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rosa,
I'm sorry to see that you life is sad..
You
disappear for ages and 'the key thing'
is,'whenever' you return,
it is always with the bitter word,
never with a happy greeting to El & folks here..
a thread you seldom come to.
I was concerned about DW here
and made inquiries
on the thread > 'WHAT HAPPENED TO'.. that presented itself.
So, no apologies.
Good morning Grace just ignore the bitter people in life

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24972 Apr 20, 2013
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...trying to track people down???...if people wanted you in their lives...you wouldn't have to track them down...what a pathetic old lady you are!
I must agree with Grace's post. You are obviously the pathetic one with a sad lonely life who only tries to bring misery to others.

Comments in cyberworld posts generally reflect who you are in the real world and you are obviously not happy in your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 2 Decades 6 min Chose Carefully 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Good-Evil 155,189
"man" words 14 min Chilli J Prodigy 176
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 19 min Fix Or Repair Daily 2,476
Subject - Comment 22 min Raise your own 5
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 22 min mr goodwrench 7,633
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 24 min Perks you up 24,949
Who's Juicylu the incessant topix lifer? (Jan '13) 6 hr Lumajuice 104
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 hr buck 28,497
More from around the web