“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24866 Apr 14, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SINday, El, Grace, Quinn, Rick, Franko, Tumbleweed, Debbysnack, Never Missed, Pffffft, Shilo, Dennis Farina,(B), all of my face book posters, and Prince William daddy-to-be going to work for less then 2 hours today and then who knows?
Good morning Vee. How are you this fine morning :)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24867 Apr 14, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SINday, El, Grace, Quinn, Rick, Franko, Tumbleweed, Debbysnack, Never Missed, Pffffft, Shilo, Dennis Farina,(B), all of my face book posters, and Prince William daddy-to-be going to work for less then 2 hours today and then who knows?
WHAT?

Wow!

Now, here's an easy number..
2 hrs a day, you say? LOL!

no wonder he has time to stay home and
make babies!!! LOL..
however,

Good luck to him, The MRS.. and the wee
one 'on the way'

Thanks Vee, for all the lovely
bits 'n bobs you sent to make my birthday
'so' sweet(:

Thanks RM Quinn for lovely wishes.

Denny, I felt that hug & thanks....

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#24868 Apr 14, 2013
Dear Grace, Happy Belated Birthday! My gift to you is, a quiet spring day in the garden and enjoying that bit of wine. Cheers, my dear!

Now Grace, you beg the question about a quiet solitude out. No doubt, as we age, noise as we know it, becomes intolerable. Obviously, in our youth, concerts, dance halls and wickedly noisy pubs were the rage. The Beatles, the Stones, and a host of other things that we enjoyed. Age has shown us new things!

Here in the USA, where almost every state has an indoor smoking ban, some pubs and restaurants have gone so far as to set up a speaker system outside. I am not one to socilaize a pub or restaurant for the music, unless, it is a local band that I want to hear play. With that said, I know in advance that chatting will be at a minimum! When I go to a pub, it is with the idea that I will sit and chat with friends over a pint or two and attempt to solvle the problems of the planet.( That is really a joke!) Actually, just to catch up with folks and what they have been doing. An example is that a friend of ours is an avid bird watcher. He had traveled over 100 miles to see a bird. I think that is in the realm of many kilometers! LOL! Nonetheless, it would have been hard pressed to hear his tale if music had been blasting in the background. This place has no outdoor speaker system and some folks get a little cheeky about it. Some folks enjoy sitting on the patio, enjoying their smokes and cocktails without the noise intrusion.

I used to meet up with a pal on Fridays to chat about a particular radio program that we listen to. Alas, I have not seen him in two years! Anyway, he enjoys a scotch and a cigar. We met up, retired to the patio, and the music was louder outside than it was inside. I had asked the pub manager if she could turn the volume down so that he and I could chat. She looked at me with disdain and said, this is a bar and there will be music! Note, I asked that the volume could be lowered not turned off! I have not been back since! I treat ALL pubs and restaurants the same way. Turn it down! People will chat louder as the music level goes up. The conversation turns into a screaming match! Consequently, we don't eat out that often due to the noise levels. You my dear are not alone in your quest for quiet dining!

Thanks all for reading my rant. Enjoy the day. It is time to see who will win the Masters Tourament today. Sorry to all of my UK pals. I am pulling for Tiger today!

Peace to all.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#24869 Apr 14, 2013
Lady Grace..
I left you a Belated birthday wish on the thread where you mentioned liking vinegar on your french fries....
:o)
I do hope that it was a really good day and after reading your post I must say I agree with what You and Boomer said about the noise levels at resturants.. I prefer subdued quiet dining so that a person can speak without having to compete with a ton of background noises...
I hope that this will be a good day for you as well and that it will be filled with Sunshine.. Laughter and Love...
@}-'--,---

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#24870 Apr 14, 2013
Hi Ya Lady Eleanor..
I hope that you are enjoying your day today and that Your garden is coming along... My burning bushes are starting to get new leaves and my yard is really greening up... I am going to get out and mow the grass today as soon as I can talk myself into it...
;o)
We are supposed to have rain most of the coming week so I need to take that grass down before it takes over..
My poor little lawn mower can't handle it if it gets too tall... and I could lose a Chi-Kid..hahahaha
There will be no heavy lifting for me for at least a week.. I really made my back angry hauling those rocks.. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not in my 30's anymore... and that these old bones are more fragil than they used to be...DANGIT!
OK I guess I better get to it..
Sending you all of my best wishes for a Day filled with Sunshine, Laughter and Love....
@}-'--,---

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24871 Apr 14, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
'My' easy-peasy recipe for a delish cheesecake...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xI39_KY3dOYXX
Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe Lady El. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!
Peace and Love Always.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24872 Apr 15, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Dear Grace, Happy Belated Birthday! My gift to you is, a quiet spring day in the garden and enjoying that bit of wine. Cheers, my dear!
Now Grace, you beg the question about a quiet solitude out. No doubt, as we age, noise as we know it, becomes intolerable. Obviously, in our youth, concerts, dance halls and wickedly noisy pubs were the rage. The Beatles, the Stones, and a host of other things that we enjoyed. Age has shown us new things!
Here in the USA, where almost every state has an indoor smoking ban, some pubs and restaurants have gone so far as to set up a speaker system outside. I am not one to socilaize a pub or restaurant for the music, unless, it is a local band that I want to hear play. With that said, I know in advance that chatting will be at a minimum! When I go to a pub, it is with the idea that I will sit and chat with friends over a pint or two and attempt to solvle the problems of the planet.( That is really a joke!) Actually, just to catch up with folks and what they have been doing. An example is that a friend of ours is an avid bird watcher. He had traveled over 100 miles to see a bird. I think that is in the realm of many kilometers! LOL! Nonetheless, it would have been hard pressed to hear his tale if music had been blasting in the background. This place has no outdoor speaker system and some folks get a little cheeky about it. Some folks enjoy sitting on the patio, enjoying their smokes and cocktails without the noise intrusion.
I used to meet up with a pal on Fridays to chat about a particular radio program that we listen to. Alas, I have not seen him in two years! Anyway, he enjoys a scotch and a cigar. We met up, retired to the patio, and the music was louder outside than it was inside. I had asked the pub manager if she could turn the volume down so that he and I could chat. She looked at me with disdain and said, this is a bar and there will be music! Note, I asked that the volume could be lowered not turned off! I have not been back since! I treat ALL pubs and restaurants the same way. Turn it down! People will chat louder as the music level goes up. The conversation turns into a screaming match! Consequently, we don't eat out that often due to the noise levels. You my dear are not alone in your quest for quiet dining!
Thanks all for reading my rant. Enjoy the day. It is time to see who will win the Masters Tourament today. Sorry to all of my UK pals. I am pulling for Tiger today!
Peace to all.
Thanks VERY much for your warm birthday
thoughts,
yes you are perfectly right, of course,

when younger we take the blend of noise and
chatter and music etc.. as part & parcel of the
whole thing!
but become more sensitive as we grow older.

You were correct indeed NOT to return to
where you were treated unkindly when all you
did was politely ask for the volume to be lowered..

With all good wishes
and hope you are nicely recovering...
and taking it easy.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24873 Apr 15, 2013
VERY very sorry..
and condolences on the tragic events
unfolding
at today's Boston Marathon.

Our thoughts, over here,
are *very sincerely* with you folks over there:

GN.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24874 Apr 15, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
VERY very sorry..
and condolences on the tragic events
unfolding
at today's Boston Marathon.
Our thoughts, over here,
are *very sincerely* with you folks over there:
GN.
Thank you Grace for your sincere condolences for all the folks in the states. It is truly tragic in the wake of Patriot Day in Boston. Our thoughts and prayers are with all people who have been effected by this cowardly act. A very sad day..........
Love and prayers to all tonight.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#24875 Apr 15, 2013
Grace, thank you so much! The vertigo is dissipating and life is good. As I have said before, life can be fragile if not frail...

Here we are in 2013 in the USA and another attack. The population wants to know who is responsible. Really!? Over here, everyone has allowed their guard to soften after 9/11. There is the basic thoght, my iopinion only, that it could never happen again! No need to be vigilant. We have the Department of Homeland Security mindind the store! Again, from my view point, REALLY!? Most our citizens have never LIVED in a foreign country or even been exposed to the strife that consumes those countries. I am former USAF and I have been in some dangerous places and my guard stays up even when I go to the grocery here. Brighteyes has been so kind. I am not paranoid, just aware. I have been to Belfast, London, Cairo, Athens, Tel Aviv, and a host of other citites that have experienced terrorism first hand!

We are about to embark on the festival season here in the mid western USA and I feel oddly enough, afraid. The festivals we run have no plans in place for anything like the Boston incident. I don't think there are those that are even a bit familiar with what to do and how. I see bedlam erupting and a bunch of folks being injured in the panic! I will be addressing these thoughts on Wednesday evening. Wish me well. There will be detractors and my question to them will be, are you willing to accept responsibility for the injured!?

Forgive my rant...

Man U was on American tv today and they won, 2 nil! Rock on!

Hope all is well with all in the kitchen. I am not angry, just frustrated.
Peace to all!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24876 Apr 15, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Grace, thank you so much! The vertigo is dissipating and life is good. As I have said before, life can be fragile if not frail...

Here we are in 2013 in the USA and another attack. The population wants to know who is responsible. Really!? Over here, everyone has allowed their guard to soften after 9/11. There is the basic thoght, my iopinion only, that it could never happen again! No need to be vigilant. We have the Department of Homeland Security mindind the store! Again, from my view point, REALLY!? Most our citizens have never LIVED in a foreign country or even been exposed to the strife that consumes those countries. I am former USAF and I have been in some dangerous places and my guard stays up even when I go to the grocery here. Brighteyes has been so kind. I am not paranoid, just aware. I have been to Belfast, London, Cairo, Athens, Tel Aviv, and a host of other citites that have experienced terrorism first hand!

We are about to embark on the festival season here in the mid western USA and I feel oddly enough, afraid. The festivals we run have no plans in place for anything like the Boston incident. I don't think there are those that are even a bit familiar with what to do and how. I see bedlam erupting and a bunch of folks being injured in the panic! I will be addressing these thoughts on Wednesday evening. Wish me well. There will be detractors and my question to them will be, are you willing to accept responsibility for the injured!?

Forgive my rant...

Man U was on American tv today and they won, 2 nil! Rock on!

Hope all is well with all in the kitchen. I am not angry, just frustrated.
Peace to all!
It is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's home grown terrorists along the lines of Timothy McVeigh and not fundamentalist Muslims. Too sloppy, apparently not high explosives, and Al Qaeda seems to go for maximum impact. Sad all the way around and sadder still how short the American memory is.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

The Milky Way

#24877 Apr 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's home grown terrorists along the lines of Timothy McVeigh and not fundamentalist Muslims. Too sloppy, apparently not high explosives, and Al Qaeda seems to go for maximum impact. Sad all the way around and sadder still how short the American memory is.
Right you are there about homegrown! A very lethat attack would have yielded much more shrapnel! The reports here are all about ball bearings.

Truly a sad day for the USA and the Boston Marathon folks.
We can not and should not let our guard down! There will be more "copycat" clowns in the given future.

Now, and wait for this one, how do we finger the blame? The choices will be many and let's start with the most recent: Killed, a sheriff, two lawyers and a wife. A white supramacy group comes to mind over the last few weeks.... Hmm, is there guilt associated there? My best one and also a joke, for me anyway, it was last year's last person to cross the finish line at the marathon and they were pi**ed off!

Re: making light of other peoples misfortune is not my style! Mea culpa to any and all that may be offened.

We all need to stay vigilant with each other! Love will always be our glue.
Peace

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#24878 Apr 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was Clinton who decided everyone should be able to own a home. His administration loosened the loan requirements and encouraged loans to people who otherwise would not have qualified for one.
Nice sentiment but not reality.
Upon reading this I noticed I wrote 300 years, not 30 years .. surprised you did not comment???

In principle it would be nice if everyone could own a home but not in a world where buyers with money drive up demand and therefore prices.

Yep, some things are just not meant to be for some folk. I went from being a house owner, to not having one, to having one again 8 years later. Hopefully this is for good.

“All about that bass”

Level 3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24879 Apr 15, 2013
Hello, Franko. You haven't seen your decorator in a while.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24880 Apr 15, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the reaction, but wouldn't a nuclear missile devastate anywhere it hit? The initial damage would already be done.
Just askin'
My hope is that, if some country's leader was mad enough (mad = crazy) to launch even a single nuclear weapon, much less hundreds, that the other countries not yet attacked would swooop down as a group and make sure that person can't launch another one ... because any place in the world could be a target. I mean this, even if the USA launched a nuclear bomb in retaliation they should be held accountable for that action.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24881 Apr 15, 2013
NinaRocks wrote:
Hello, Franko. You haven't seen your decorator in a while.
I like the avatar, what can I say?

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Thetford, UK

#24882 Apr 16, 2013
I too would like to say how very sorry I am to
see the scenes of devastation which have hit Boston, and for the loss of lives and injuries
it has caused.
These are very sad times.
If some good will come out of this, then all is
not lost, as security must be at a premium for future events, otherwise the fear it has instilled in folk both taking part, and as spectators, will
ensure those who did this, victors.
We have a big funeral in London tomorrow, and the
London Marathon on Sunday, the Minister of Sport was asked on Sky News this morning if in his opinion that it could happen again here, if it were wise for people to stay away, his answer was that for most of his adult life, we here have lived with this on a daily basis, that the security at all times is of the utmost importance, and he forsees no danger. Let us hope and pray he is right.
Hearts go out to the families of the deceased and the critically injured..

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Thetford, UK

#24883 Apr 16, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady Eleanor...
I haven't done much again today..
I did go to the store and buy 60 pounds of dog food... Do you have any idea what that is?
It's 60 pounds of future dog crap!!!!hahahahahaha...
I should be sleeping right now and I think I am soon to be doing just that.. I napped for an hour or so this afternoon..
I felt I wasted a beautiful day.. but I also felt that I needed to rest hands and my back...
Every stone I moved making the new flower beds and stone boarder...weighed a Rock!
;o)
My Hostas all have little leaves poking up... I suppose I have to call this SPRING... but I'm not real firm on that..hahahaha
I laughed reading that you watered the potted plants in the rain... I have a few that I've done the same thing with... Oh before I forget... My Miniture Red roses are all budding... The Pink and White haven't yet but they are smaller than the red ones..
I hope that your day has greeted you with warmth and fair skies...
Sending you all of my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
'Good Morning Dear Rose,
LOL at the dog crap..I so so miss carrying those little doggie bags after a walk...and invariably there was always a neighbour
at her gate as I headed for home looking down her nose, I would laugh and say 'one time it was Prada, now it's doggie bags' hahaha..
But on to more serious things and to say I hope your poor back and hands are feeling better for the rest. You are way ahead of us in the gardening stakes, no sigght nor sign of the Hostas yet, but I got a nice surprise yesterday morning to see the crocus had bloomed overnight. Little things..y'know...make our world go round.
Another mouth to feed here, I shouldn't really as this is a well fed cat, he lives up the terrace, he has decided to call here twice daily..and wouldn't you know it...at feeding times...now this cat has a hare lip and sits on window sill looking in and looking so forlorn, that much to Bailey's dismay, who has delegated himself to being Guardian of the Territory, I give him a small dish of food....what can you do...it's like he is calling in at his aunties...hahaha
Wishing you a wonderful day....<3

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Thetford, UK

#24884 Apr 16, 2013
Good Morning Grace, Vee, PFfff, Quincy, Brighteyes, Nina (good to see you again)
Tony, Krypteia, Denny, Franko, Boomer, Colorado Chick....
and all who come to the Kitchen.

It looks a nice morning out there, although we had gale force winds during the night, but those seem to have subsided into what we call 'a nice drying day'...

There was a nice little story endeared me to Margaret Thatcher.
She wasn't a fan of football, but when asked who she would have chosen as 'Man of the Match' after a game between two London teams, she said 'oh, that wonderful player, and she named her man'.
It happened that he was not actually playing that day but she had seen his picture in a newspaper and had fallen for his long blond locks, his good looks.
I can relate to that....:)

It's surprising how much we have learnt about this leader since her death, and although not in agreement with much she was responsible for, there is no doubt she was a lady of her convictions.

Her funeral tomorrow, and there are plans from some protestors, this being a free country, to turn their backs on the cortege.

Anybody who would do that, imo, is the lowest of low, and they will do their cause no favours.

Please God it all goes off in safety. And once again, may Margaret Thatcher Rest In Peace.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24885 Apr 16, 2013
Lady El , stayed away for a while , we have no idea what/who/why we are so multi cultured here.....

HONEST.. my 1st, thought was IRA , your realm has been rocked by them for years.

speculation is running rampart here...

I don't think it is a terrorist , because the idea of a terrorist call for attention to their cause .... nothing [yet]

even a home grown terrorist if you don't cry foul what did you accomplish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 4 min CJ Rocker 4,324
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min SobieskiSavedEurope 132,467
Is it possible to....... 8 min CJ Rocker 544
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min CJ Rocker 6,861
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 152,453
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 11 min CJ Rocker 222
The Letter J (Jan '14) 24 min J ValJean 21
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 56 min -Lea- 25,661
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 2 hr -Lea- 47
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 2 hr Santa 128