El's Kitchen

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#24832 Apr 12, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>CPU means "Central Processing unit" .. essentially it is the main "brain" of the computer.
THANK YOU so much, Franko;

Your helpful reply is appreciated.

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#24833 Apr 12, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
El,
From what I hear and read on
the INTERNET, there is a foreboding
about Margaret Thatcher's funeral..
a lot of unrest and threats of violence..
both in parts of the UK and NI..
there even have been very angry exchanges
over here as to why an Irish representative
should attend her funeral!
As I said before, I think this is uncalled for ..
and the dead (no matter WHO) should be allowed
RIP.
Have you heard anything where 'you' live?
Dear Grace...

that was a tad unnerving..lost power there for a few hours.

I believe so...saw some reference to this on Sky News...it must
ne a nightmare for those in charge of security. One can only pray
that no real harm comes to anybody.

I agree that no matter who...the dead should be wished a peaceful
rest.

Even if that means staying away from the funeral if you have any
ill feeling towards the deceased.

Neil Kinnock has refused to go...

I would rather see people there who are genuinely sad at her passing and not because they are expected to be there. Wouldn't you, really?

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#24834 Apr 12, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now look where we all are...
I'm not complaining. People are up in arms here because there are new government proposals that those on benefits should manage on 53 pounds a week. Where's the problem? There are people in the world would be deliriously happy to have so much to live on.

Those miners had to live on one pound a day when they were on strike.

Look at North Korea. People dying by the roadside from starvation.

I have enough to live on, not complaining at all.

...:)

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#24835 Apr 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not complaining. People are up in arms here because there are new government proposals that those on benefits should manage on 53 pounds a week. Where's the problem? There are people in the world would be deliriously happy to have so much to live on.
A very good point Lady El. As a retired military guy who baby sat nuclear weapons, I have always thought it was bizarre that a country that could not feed the masses, invests billions of monies to a nuclear program! North Korea is a fine example. However, not one peep out of anyone when India and Pakistan squared off over Kashmir. Two countries that can't support the millions of starving citizens, yet, those two wanted to do a nuclear exchange some years ago! Now, this threat from the far east east with the multitudes starving. Here is my giggle for all of that. North Korea can and will talk about their missile program. The point they haven't made is about their air force. The RAF, French, and the USA have some of the most sophisticated fighter jets in the world WITH some of the best pilots. Do you really think the North Koreans can best us in the air!? Not hardly! Besides, their hungry army would give up in a blink for tea and scones! HA!

Just a rant...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#24836 Apr 12, 2013
As promised, lamb recipes.
Lamb chops are my absolute favorite! Oven or grill they will come out moist and tender every time. The secret for all is, you know this Lady El, Kahlua! For the grill with chops, crushed garlic, a small amout of oil, two shots of Kahlua. Baste your chops in the Kahlua, garlic, and oil. Coat well. Put them on the grill for about 3 minutes both sides. Move chops to a warm area and baste again with Kahlua. Top with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy.

A lamb roast is in the future. I will let you know how it turns out.

Life is good here. We had a hint of Spring for a couple of days. It was great basking in the warm sun!

My vertigo seems to be abating. There are times that I feel like I am going in circles. Maybe I am feeling the planet spin! LOL! Or, the thought of Brighteyes have her way with me at billiards.

Enjoy the day folks!
Peace.
Denny Crain

Lewisville, TX

#24837 Apr 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That would cut into their beer and cigaret money :)

“Towards Christmas.”

Level 8

‘

#24838 Apr 12, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Grace...
that was a tad unnerving..lost power there for a few hours.
I believe so...saw some reference to this on Sky News...it must
ne a nightmare for those in charge of security. One can only pray
that no real harm comes to anybody.
I agree that no matter who...the dead should be wished a peaceful
rest.
Even if that means staying away from the funeral if you have any
ill feeling towards the deceased.
Neil Kinnock has refused to go...
I would rather see people there who are genuinely sad at her passing and not because they are expected to be there. Wouldn't you, really?
I suppose protocol and all that regarding
WHO is invited..

You are right El,
in saying, if one has ill feeling towards the deceased
the best thing is to 'stay away'

I agree with you 100%.

On a lighter note,
apparently, tho' very bright of mind,
she hadn't much of a sense of humour,
and wondered why they all laughed when she made the
'now' famous quote..

She depended a lot on WILLIAM WHITELAW,
and held him in such high regard
she once said>

"I don't know what I would ever do without Whitelaw.

Everyone should have a Willy."

Ha ha! lol...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Bath, UK

#24839 Apr 12, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
As promised, lamb recipes.
Lamb chops are my absolute favorite! Oven or grill they will come out moist and tender every time. The secret for all is, you know this Lady El, Kahlua! For the grill with chops, crushed garlic, a small amout of oil, two shots of Kahlua. Baste your chops in the Kahlua, garlic, and oil. Coat well. Put them on the grill for about 3 minutes both sides. Move chops to a warm area and baste again with Kahlua. Top with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy.
A lamb roast is in the future. I will let you know how it turns out.
Life is good here. We had a hint of Spring for a couple of days. It was great basking in the warm sun!
My vertigo seems to be abating. There are times that I feel like I am going in circles. Maybe I am feeling the planet spin! LOL! Or, the thought of Brighteyes have her way with me at billiards.
Enjoy the day folks!
Peace.
My favourite lamb roast is either with a leg or a shoulder with bone in. Cut about 3-4 slits in the meat and put fresh rosemary and slivers of a sliced clove of garlic into the slits. Mix together a little softened butter and redcurrant jelly and smear over the surface of the meat. Roast in the usual way. Usually serve this with mint sauce, although redcurrant jelly would also work as an accompaniment.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Location hidden

#24840 Apr 13, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee birthday, Grace!!!!!! Hope it is the best one!!! Happeeeeeee Saturday, El, Franko, Tony, Quinn, Pfft, Grace of course, and make sure to watch BOTH XFINITY commercials starring the one and only Dennis Farina. They are both wonderful.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24841 Apr 13, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was Carter who passed the community reinvestment act but it was Clinton who pushed it forward. People have a short memory and think the value of a home can only go up. Watch for big price increases and another bubble coming
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize how far back it went. But the idea of bundling bad loans with good ones only came about in the last 20. I remember interviewing for a firm that did just that and even then knew it was a bad idea.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24842 Apr 13, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not complaining. People are up in arms here because there are new government proposals that those on benefits should manage on 53 pounds a week. Where's the problem? There are people in the world would be deliriously happy to have so much to live on.

It wasn't a complaint so much as an observation of all the people who have been affected by economic downturn, lost their jobs and then lost their homes all because of other peoples' greed.

I don't want more than I have. I have more than I need. I'm incredibly fortunate to have finally gotten a permanent job. I have health issues but I'm pretty healthy. And I have a wonderful network of friends both in the "real world" and in cyberspace.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24843 Apr 13, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>A very good point Lady El. As a retired military guy who baby sat nuclear weapons, I have always thought it was bizarre that a country that could not feed the masses, invests billions of monies to a nuclear program! North Korea is a fine example. However, not one peep out of anyone when India and Pakistan squared off over Kashmir. Two countries that can't support the millions of starving citizens, yet, those two wanted to do a nuclear exchange some years ago! Now, this threat from the far east east with the multitudes starving. Here is my giggle for all of that. North Korea can and will talk about their missile program. The point they haven't made is about their air force. The RAF, French, and the USA have some of the most sophisticated fighter jets in the world WITH some of the best pilots. Do you really think the North Koreans can best us in the air!? Not hardly! Besides, their hungry army would give up in a blink for tea and scones! HA!

Just a rant...
That may be the reaction, but wouldn't a nuclear missile devastate anywhere it hit? The initial damage would already be done.
Just askin'

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24844 Apr 13, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee birthday, Grace!!!!!! Hope it is the best one!!! Happeeeeeee Saturday, El, Franko, Tony, Quinn, Pfft, Grace of course, and make sure to watch BOTH XFINITY commercials starring the one and only Dennis Farina. They are both wonderful.
Hi there Vee! Hope you're getting some R&R between your shifts! Be well Baby :-)

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24845 Apr 13, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
My favourite lamb roast is either with a leg or a shoulder with bone in. Cut about 3-4 slits in the meat and put fresh rosemary and slivers of a sliced clove of garlic into the slits. Mix together a little softened butter and redcurrant jelly and smear over the surface of the meat. Roast in the usual way. Usually serve this with mint sauce, although redcurrant jelly would also work as an accompaniment.
Hi Tony,
I was the first on Topix this morning and told Boomer your recipe... He told me to tell you thank you! I will also thank you because I will be the recipient of this wonderful dish! Have a wonderful day Tony.
Peace to you always.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#24846 Apr 13, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a complaint so much as an observation of all the people who have been affected by economic downturn, lost their jobs and then lost their homes all because of other peoples' greed.
I don't want more than I have. I have more than I need. I'm incredibly fortunate to have finally gotten a permanent job. I have health issues but I'm pretty healthy. And I have a wonderful network of friends both in the "real world" and in cyberspace.
I do ask your forgiveness if I made you think my post was directed
at you.....it was not, that was clumsy of me to latch on to yours to have my little say. So sorry Quincy.

I suggest we all sit down and have a nice cup of tea....and sample the cup cakes I made at five o'clock this morning (..:) in honour of Grace's Birthday.

Made some special mini cheesecakes with Kahlua for Boomer seeing as how I no longer eat lamb.

Tony...loved your recipe too....

CC has brought some lemon possets.....Vee has brought her special brownies...let's party!

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#24847 Apr 13, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE.....

I sat down in front of the box for an hour last night to watch a recording and Daniel O'Donnell
was on.....he was BRILLIANT...Gd I must be getting
old, I really enjoyed his show and sang along with all the old folk in the audience, how versatile is he? he came on dressed in his R&R gear and sang My Boy Lollipop and we are trying (in vain) to think who recorded it way back when (searched on google eventually)..Millie Small if you remember as I now do...

Wishing you a wonderful day dear Grace....

Level 3

Location hidden

#24848 Apr 13, 2013
Good day to all our friends here. Happy Birthday to you Dear Grace and hoping you have an awesome one. I took the opportunity to mess with a staff person of mine yesterday.....LOL I have been drinking V8 juice that has the purple carrots in it. When she said she had never heard of purple carrots....this was my opportunity! I said to her,"that is why the people in Africa are much darker than African Americans here because they eat the purple carrots". I then asked her if she had ever seen pictures of the people there and how they look purple? Her reply, "wow that's cool, I didn't have any idea why they looked purple!".
So I will just say this, I could not keep a straight face all day. LOL Laughter in the workplace is the best.
Peace and Love to all in the kitchen.

Level 3

Location hidden

#24849 Apr 13, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I do ask your forgiveness if I made you think my post was directed
at you.....it was not, that was clumsy of me to latch on to yours to have my little say. So sorry Quincy.
I suggest we all sit down and have a nice cup of tea....and sample the cup cakes I made at five o'clock this morning (..:) in honour of Grace's Birthday.
Made some special mini cheesecakes with Kahlua for Boomer seeing as how I no longer eat lamb.
Tony...loved your recipe too....
CC has brought some lemon possets.....Vee has brought her special brownies...let's party!
Boomer made some Cranberry scones that we will bring. He is excited about the cheesecake and is drooling at this time. Lady El.....could I bother you for a napkin please! LOL It's time everyone!!!!! Let's sing Happy Birthday to our Lovely Grace.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#24850 Apr 13, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
A very good point Lady El. As a retired military guy who baby sat nuclear weapons, I have always thought it was bizarre that a country that could not feed the masses, invests billions of monies to a nuclear program! North Korea is a fine example. However, not one peep out of anyone when India and Pakistan squared off over Kashmir. Two countries that can't support the millions of starving citizens, yet, those two wanted to do a nuclear exchange some years ago! Now, this threat from the far east east with the multitudes starving. Here is my giggle for all of that. North Korea can and will talk about their missile program. The point they haven't made is about their air force. The RAF, French, and the USA have some of the most sophisticated fighter jets in the world WITH some of the best pilots. Do you really think the North Koreans can best us in the air!? Not hardly! Besides, their hungry army would give up in a blink for tea and scones! HA!
Just a rant...
One word Boomer. Delusional. They must be absolutely delusional. If the situation wasn't so worrying it would be laughable.

Glad to hear you are so much better and the vertigo is lessening...remember...Rome wasn't built in a day!...:)
All best for a wonderful day for both yourself and Brighteyes.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#24851 Apr 13, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boomer made some Cranberry scones that we will bring. He is excited about the cheesecake and is drooling at this time. Lady El.....could I bother you for a napkin please! LOL It's time everyone!!!!! Let's sing Happy Birthday to our Lovely Grace.
la di la la la la....passing one extra large napkin, lol.

Cranberry scones sound very tempting, mind if I indulge?!
I genuinely have made cheesecake...the recipe called for
Philly and also dark chocolate and cocoa powder, I skipped
those ingredients and added chocolate Philly, so much easier.
It's very decadent, but hey, it's a special occasion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 2 min andet1987 21
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min Mila Beaujolais 12,804
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 10 min Mila Beaujolais 1,514
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mila Beaujolais 22,214
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 14 min -ZAMASU- 148,477
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 15 min Princess Hey 48,298
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min wichita-rick 6,847
What Topics knows about you 33 min _Susan_ 85
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min wichita-rick 207,146
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whose who 2,460