Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#24744 Apr 8, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i agree completely.
im thinking of that song that says "the sun will come out tomorrow, bet ur bottom dollar..." lol - its true.
i like the way u think El, thanks for this, it helps remind me of all the wonderful things in my life, and that those who are lost and gone from us - never really die as long as we have our memories, they live on..
:}
That's a lovely song PFfff..and thinking such as I do helps me stay reasonably sane!...:) I often wonder if I myself would live
up to my father's expectations? Maybe now I am older and as my
brother-in-law so charmingly put it, mellowed. hahahaha Mellowed?! What a lovely way to describe someone...(:
You got it right by saying that those we have lost, live on in
our memories, I am thankful for the short time I knew mine...
woulda been nice had it been longer..but thinking on the best times.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24745 Apr 8, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
actually ive had an operation for a blown disk while ago, so i guess thats considered broken. Worse pain ive ever had, worse than giving birth and i think of myself as having a high tolerance for pain, but honestly if that operation didnt work i'd been just as happy to die on that table right then and there..
Very interesting,

Explain...
blown disc,
haven't heard of that before!.. thanks..

want to know so I can guard against it(:
from what you said.

'Morning PFfff.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24746 Apr 8, 2013
Well..El & the BRITISH folks here..

So...

it came to pass that 'THE IRON LADY'
has left us today..

It was never a secret that the Irish had no love
for her,

but on this day..

I can only say..

may she REST IN PEACE... Amen.
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#24747 Apr 8, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
So...
has left us today..
for her,
but on this day..
I can only say..
Compared to the treacherous thieving idiots that infest Westminster now she was near enough a saint..
RIP..Maggie..

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24748 Apr 8, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to the treacherous thieving idiots that infest Westminster now she was near enough a saint..
RIP..Maggie..
Maggie was loved in America. She had balls
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#24749 Apr 8, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Maggie was loved in America. She had balls
Yep considering she was a women she had more balls then all the men in Westminster now put together..

Manchester, UK

#24750 Apr 8, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
2 of the 3 stooges - of course.
lol
thanks
:)
LOL!

Three times blessed...:)

Manchester, UK

#24751 Apr 8, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
So...
has left us today..
for her,
but on this day..
I can only say..
Thank you for such an admirable and respectful post Grace.

Amen to that.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24752 Apr 8, 2013
Sincere condolences to the people in the UK for their loss of Maggie. RIP
Boomer & Brighteyes

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#24753 Apr 8, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Rose...
So good to hear from you this morning...sounds like you are
going to have a beautiful garden for all your efforts you have put into it at this time. I do like the compositions of plants you have in your new borders, all my favourites! I saw Gladioli and
rushed out to the chalet where I keep plants ready to be put out, I have all of six glads still in the pack which I didn't plant last year, little green shoots appearing, I will start those off this afternoon. I have Hostas in pots, last year put one in the border but it was eaten away in no time at all, I am waiting for it to show itself and I will dig it up and grow it on in a pot.
Am off to Port shortly to buy bags of compost as am re-potting five conifer trees, one down four to go. Aye, it's an exciting life...haha..but I wouldn't want to trade it, would you? Nearer to God's Heart.....
Have not forgot the video of my garden I promised to send, will
send later on when I get back. Promise.
Thank you so much for all your good wishes....
Have a wonderful day my very good friend
Elxxxxx
Hi again Lady Eleanor...
Sounds like you have been biten by the gardening bug too... I'm changing a bunch of things around this year..
I Have A Plan... Yeah I said it... What?hahahaha
;o)
Something about so much rain this past winter has me rethinking the drainage and how to go about getting the run off aimed at my veggie garden.. I think I've finally got it figured out..
I relaid my stepping stones to the area that had gone bare from all the rain and mud..
We have rain predicted and we had a short shower this afternoon.. So I'm hoping to be able to rough up the ground that was walked to dirt and get some grass seed laid in before long...
Today I hauled a bunch of rock and built a nice little boarder around the front patio.. It's cute.. I have a swing out there behind a grouping of planters.. Kinda like a little garden hideout.. soooo anywho.. I like it much better than the way it was before..
The geode stones I used are from the oval bed in the back yard and that is where the dianthus are getting transplanted from.. I have a few daffodils in there and I am going to plant them on the side of my shed with the newly planted day lillies..

I hope your weather
will be fair
that all of your skies
will be blue...
I hope that you have
a peaceful night, tonight
and that sweet dreams
will come to you...
:o)
@}-'--,---

Don't work too hard.. and do take care of yourself.. Please?????
Pretty Please?????
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

Manchester, UK

#24754 Apr 9, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
So...
has left us today..
for her,
but on this day..
I can only say..
Unbiased was the word I was looking for.

Sorry if I sounded patronizing...I did to myself!

G'Morning Grace....really beautiful morning here in
Wales.

Manchester, UK

#24755 Apr 9, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Maggie was loved in America. She had balls
Very true Denny.....no better way to describe her....

I'm afraid the Coal Miner's of this country don't share your
enthusiasm.

Manchester, UK

#24756 Apr 9, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to the treacherous thieving idiots that infest Westminster now she was near enough a saint..
RIP..Maggie..
I know how strongly you feel Krypteia, but they can't perform
miracles when the last government left the country in the state
it's in.
I was reading an article on Sunday, where r4esidents of one of the poorest estates in Manchester where a large number are on benefits, felt about the cut-backs. Everyone interviewed considered that it was right to reduce them in an effort to get people back to work. I was proud to read that as this estate has a really press, don't know if you recall the Duchess of York (Fergie) working with them and making a tv series of their joint efforts?

Manchester, UK

#24757 Apr 9, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi again Lady Eleanor...
Sounds like you have been biten by the gardening bug too... I'm changing a bunch of things around this year..
I Have A Plan... Yeah I said it... What?hahahaha
;o)
Something about so much rain this past winter has me rethinking the drainage and how to go about getting the run off aimed at my veggie garden.. I think I've finally got it figured out..
I relaid my stepping stones to the area that had gone bare from all the rain and mud..
We have rain predicted and we had a short shower this afternoon.. So I'm hoping to be able to rough up the ground that was walked to dirt and get some grass seed laid in before long...
Today I hauled a bunch of rock and built a nice little boarder around the front patio.. It's cute.. I have a swing out there behind a grouping of planters.. Kinda like a little garden hideout.. soooo anywho.. I like it much better than the way it was before..
The geode stones I used are from the oval bed in the back yard and that is where the dianthus are getting transplanted from.. I have a few daffodils in there and I am going to plant them on the side of my shed with the newly planted day lillies..
I hope your weather
will be fair
that all of your skies
will be blue...
I hope that you have
a peaceful night, tonight
and that sweet dreams
will come to you...
:o)
@}-'--,---
Don't work too hard.. and do take care of yourself.. Please?????
Pretty Please?????
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---
I'm working hard here to keep up with you Rose, lol, in fact,
by half past ten this morning I had lifted frour buckets of soil from outside round the Hazelnut tree, which had dumped there, half filled the pots with it and planted two more trees topping up with compost we got yesterday. Can't wait to water them all in as we haven't seen a drop of rain for weeks it seems. I thought I heard thunder during the night, I might have, but it was a false alarm and it is still dry and sunny.
Your garden sounds lovely, some interesting nooks and crannies you are working on there, all adds to the interest.
I put Crososmia bulbs in,'Lucifer' deep red, up against the wall near the chalet, and Primsroses are blooming everywhere, Daffs still out, it was nice to see them on the verges and roundabouts yesterday going down to Port...
You should have the videos by now...gives you an idea of how this
back garden is in Summer.
Sweetest poem and sentiment...t/y
Thinking of you today...Love, Elxx

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24758 Apr 9, 2013
it always sad to hear of a life expiring ..

to some they are heroes to others they evil doers...

those who dare take the challenge to mold the world for the betterment of mankind receive the biggest and best accolades

however we should keep some things in prospective ... she will be missed by some ,not by others , but for a moment let us consider ...... the person having the very close blood , those will feel the pain

our condolences belong to the survivors of her realm .... we owe that to all

MOM once said to me :
"when you look at a tree to you it is a tree.......but see the tree as others that are close do , to a bird a tree is HOME"

Manchester, UK

#24759 Apr 9, 2013
So we popped in the to see the Glaslyn Ospreys
on our way to Port yesterday, there you can watch them on the nest, by a live webcam...they nested here for the first time ten years ago, and they return every year to raise their chicks, this year the female came back first, and was joined by the male withing two hours, quite amazxing when you think they flew in from South Africa.

We are all staring at the webcam...will she lay her second egg or not...the RSPB volunteer is explaining she is quite swollen and indications are she is ready to lay...

when somebody mentioned in the calm of the room that Margaret Thatcher has died.

The bird was forgotten!

We all had an opinion....except a couple who sat there in a daze trying to concentrate on the nest..hahaha.

I described my visit to friends in Yorkshire at the height of the strike, he a coal miner..I took
a cat as it happens, a British Blue, to mate with their Stud Cat, I knew they would prefer to obtain some badly needed funds in a positive way rather than have charity.

These folk were starving. They were living on #1 a day.

My friend had laid the table for my arrival, and on it were the most tempting 'jam butties' and a welcoming pot of tea you have ever seen after my lengthy journey from Cheshire.

These are the people I think of when I think of the Iron Lady....

Lady Thatcher outlived the coal mines by a long chalk.

Their communities never recovered.
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#24760 Apr 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how strongly you feel Krypteia, but they can't perform
miracles when the last government left the country in the state
it's in.
I was reading an article on Sunday, where r4esidents of one of the poorest estates in Manchester where a large number are on benefits, felt about the cut-backs. Everyone interviewed considered that it was right to reduce them in an effort to get people back to work. I was proud to read that as this estate has a really press, don't know if you recall the Duchess of York (Fergie) working with them and making a tv series of their joint efforts?
Morning El,I totally agree with you the last government has caused so much harm and tantamount treason to this country and something has to be done grant you,the problem I find is the likes of Cameron saying stupid things like we are all in it together,which is a bit rich coming from a millionaire,lol..I don't trust Cameron mind you he's not as treacherous then the opportunist creatures in the Labour Party but still a slippery customer,as you know I make no bones about my hatred for politicians which gets worse every time I hear them call each other honourable,there's no honour amongst thieves..
I no it can never happen now but I would go back to the right of kings..
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#24761 Apr 9, 2013
Mind you if I was to ever vote again it would probably be UKIP at the moment..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24762 Apr 9, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting,
Explain...
blown disc,
haven't heard of that before!.. thanks..
want to know so I can guard against it(:
from what you said.
'Morning PFfff.
u know, a herniated disk.
and Yes u definitely CAN guard against it happening - well at least i mean IF ur careful, unlike i was. was my own dumb fault. but one day im walking down the stairs, reading a book, Not a good idea because i had forgotten the dog was laying on one of the steps, he use to like it there because he could see outside thru the door window, i go to take a step where he was and naturally the poor lil guy dashed off and i went down and slammed my lower back onto a step and slid the rest of the way down it. hurt like a SOB for a week, then seemed to be doing fine, that is until a few months later when i was on a ladder and although i didnt fall off, i did lose my balance, jerked back, twisting my body. it was after that incident when i slowly begin my decent to h*ll. lol

7 months, and lots and lots of tears, i was finally operated on. it truly was the worse pain ive ever felt and it was 24/7 with no relief. thank God for modern medicine and a truly Wonderful doctor, because if i owned a gun, i wouldnt be here..(no joking there)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24763 Apr 9, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
So we popped in the to see the Glaslyn Ospreys
on our way to Port yesterday, there you can watch them on the nest, by a live webcam...they nested here for the first time ten years ago, and they return every year to raise their chicks, this year the female came back first, and was joined by the male withing two hours, quite amazxing when you think they flew in from South Africa.
We are all staring at the webcam...will she lay her second egg or not...the RSPB volunteer is explaining she is quite swollen and indications are she is ready to lay...
when somebody mentioned in the calm of the room that Margaret Thatcher has died.
The bird was forgotten!
We all had an opinion....except a couple who sat there in a daze trying to concentrate on the nest..hahaha.
I described my visit to friends in Yorkshire at the height of the strike, he a coal miner..I took
a cat as it happens, a British Blue, to mate with their Stud Cat, I knew they would prefer to obtain some badly needed funds in a positive way rather than have charity.
These folk were starving. They were living on #1 a day.
My friend had laid the table for my arrival, and on it were the most tempting 'jam butties' and a welcoming pot of tea you have ever seen after my lengthy journey from Cheshire.
These are the people I think of when I think of the Iron Lady....
Lady Thatcher outlived the coal mines by a long chalk.
Their communities never recovered.
:)
afternoon El.
sorry to hear the sad news, while i dont know how u feel about this womans death, i actually liked her.
but as u probably know, im not a political type person, dont keep up on that stuff and only go by my gut instinct.
i thought of her as gutsy and i like that in a person, esp in a woman..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min wichita-rick 161,885
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Chimney1 162,052
Recover Files from Deleted SD Card 32 min shuiguobaobei 1
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr Enzo49 296
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Enzo49 1,562
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Papa Smurfaletto 10,954
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr WetBlanket 7,933
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr -CatCiao- 8,278
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 4 hr Spotted Girl 16
More from around the web