Since: Jun 06

Huntingdon, UK

#24704 Apr 7, 2013
Duh Teretta WOK wrote:
Ok,, who ate all the walnut-fudge-brownies..??~~ Duh licks plate~~~... Blessings to all..
'
Hope you like this somewhat IRISHISH song.. I just now DISCOVERED....??? I mean WHAT??''''
'
Next batch of oatmeal-raisin-walnut-chocolat e chip chewies-------somebody better save me one.. hhaha....
'
Love to all in the kitchen... Hi El... Still here and thinking of you lots and lots..
'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rswd4Xu8OZEXX
'
'Teretta--dh
A sight for sore eyes....Welcome back DUH..hope all is well
with you and your beautiful lady.

Whipping up a fresh walnut and fudge cake specially for you...:)

Huntingdon, UK

#24705 Apr 7, 2013
An old Cockney favourite....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24706 Apr 7, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>I wanted to. But I left out a lot of people NOT worth mentioning. ha ha ha ha ha. Oh all right. Happeeeeeeeee Saturday, Dennis G Farina. How's the prostate?
does he have prostate cancer???

have u ever met him? sometimes i wonder if we got the chance to met someone that we've always admired or "loved" lol - what would we really think of that person afterwards..

probably better off not knowing. lol

Location hidden

#24707 Apr 7, 2013
wow just reading about El and Grace and their broken bones, gotta say - u people are clumsy!
LOL

just teasing ya.

ive managed to get thru life all these years without anything broken - well except for my heart.
no big deal, i survived.
:}

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24708 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
wow just reading about El and Grace and their broken bones, gotta say - u people are clumsy!
LOL
just teasing ya.
ive managed to get thru life all these years without anything broken - well except for my heart.
no big deal, i survived.
Glad to hear you are intact PF. Hearts mend with time :)
Teretta

Huntington, WV

#24709 Apr 7, 2013
Was'nt aware of all the accidents of breaking bones here in this Fragile Kitchen.... The older we get we may need to implement some CALTRATE or BONE BUILDER.. Perhaps..--- and lay off the Chardonay.. hehe..
'
One of the prophecies concerning Christ was that "Not a bone of him shall be broken" Psalm 34;20.. After hours of suffering on a cross the Roman Centurions would get the go ahead and take a giant mallot and CRUSH the legs of the one hanging on the cross. This would actually cause the person to not get his breath and die faster, since they would be pushing up with their legs and arms in order to get a breath.
'
When they came to Christ they saw that he was already dead and they never had to break his legs... Don't know why I just told ya'all that'n.. Guess I just found it very intriguing.. and fulfilling.. Just sayin.. 8)
'
Thanks Grace for the Walnut Fudge Brownies.. I am celebrating uh,, losing weight.??. hahah.. Hope all have a very blessed Passover time..
'
dh 8531 ((Duh crams three brownies into his mouth..))------Got Milk? heehe
'

Huntingdon, UK

#24710 Apr 7, 2013
Teretta wrote:
Was'nt aware of all the accidents of breaking bones here in this Fragile Kitchen.... The older we get we may need to implement some CALTRATE or BONE BUILDER.. Perhaps..--- and lay off the Chardonay.. hehe..
'
One of the prophecies concerning Christ was that "Not a bone of him shall be broken" Psalm 34;20.. After hours of suffering on a cross the Roman Centurions would get the go ahead and take a giant mallot and CRUSH the legs of the one hanging on the cross. This would actually cause the person to not get his breath and die faster, since they would be pushing up with their legs and arms in order to get a breath.
'
When they came to Christ they saw that he was already dead and they never had to break his legs... Don't know why I just told ya'all that'n.. Guess I just found it very intriguing.. and fulfilling.. Just sayin.. 8)
'
Thanks Grace for the Walnut Fudge Brownies.. I am celebrating uh,, losing weight.??. hahah.. Hope all have a very blessed Passover time..
'
'
To listen to while you are enjoying Grace's brownies....

Huntingdon, UK

#24711 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
LOL
just teasing ya.
no big deal, i survived.
LOL!

just breaking off tying bubble wrap round all the chair and table legs....can't be too careful ya know.

Whilst limbs can be seen to be broken, the mind or the heart cannot....

to repeat Denny...time heals.....:)

Location hidden

#24712 Apr 7, 2013
Teretta wrote:
'
'
'
'
'
my guess is that u've probably been watching The Bible on the history channel.
very moving....

its amazing (and sad) how cruel humans can be.

Location hidden

#24713 Apr 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
just breaking off tying bubble wrap round all the chair and table legs....can't be too careful ya know.
Whilst limbs can be seen to be broken, the mind or the heart cannot....
to repeat Denny...time heals.....:)
do they have bubble wrap for the heart? lol

im not thinking so much of the crying over a lost boyfriend, more of the heartaches a person lives thru in a lifetime. the ones that leave a lasting impression on u. like i think about my fathers death at such a young age and wonder if had he lived a long life, what my feelings would be then. would he still be the greatest man to me? how much hurt does a person have to live thru in order to come to the end and say it was all worth it.
i guess im just wondering if there is a purpose to any of it. no answers of course but i still think and wonder what it is i have learned from each experience in life, IF in fact i ever did learn anything. lol

yeah im in a mood today. LOL
:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24714 Apr 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
To listen to while you are enjoying Grace's brownies....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lcEW2dj6DfkXX
I just watched Elizabeth with Kate Blanchett . Wonderful wonderful film

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24715 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
im not thinking so much of the crying over a lost boyfriend, more of the heartaches a person lives thru in a lifetime. the ones that leave a lasting impression on u. like i think about my fathers death at such a young age and wonder if had he lived a long life, what my feelings would be then. would he still be the greatest man to me? how much hurt does a person have to live thru in order to come to the end and say it was all worth it.
i guess im just wondering if there is a purpose to any of it. no answers of course but i still think and wonder what it is i have learned from each experience in life, IF in fact i ever did learn anything. lol
Like you say, swim or drown. Keep swimming Darlin :)

Huntingdon, UK

#24716 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is..otherwise we could not cope with what life throws a us. You can't see it, but it's there.
Sometimes one of the bubbles bursts and we feel the pain all over
again, then something comes along in the form of a gift of life,
perhaps little baby girls who think we are the greatest Grandma's
ever....and more little bubbles grow to heal over the burst one...
never to replace, just to shield and repair.
Would our fathers have lived up to our expectations of them had
they lived longer? Of course they would, let us give them that benefit of doubt...:)
It helps me to think that way...:)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#24717 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
have u ever met him? sometimes i wonder if we got the chance to met someone that we've always admired or "loved" lol - what would we really think of that person afterwards..
OH NOOOOO, I was just being funny. I idolize him waaaay too much for him to suffer from anything excepot wrinkles, since he is now 68. ha! I was supposed to go and sing last night after work, and it was too short notice. So I am vying for next week as long as I have a bunch of co workers as my following. I know when I go to work today for two hours I will be chastised for NOT appearing. Happeeeeeeeeeeee SINday everybody!!!!!!!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#24718 Apr 7, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
I have wanted to meet him for over 20 years. So much time has passed, I probably did meet him and cant remember at my age. ha ha ha ha.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#24719 Apr 7, 2013
I took a quick glance and saw someone talking about Brownies. Posting this for ALL.

Yield: makes 16 brownies

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1.5 hours (includes brownie cooling time)

Ingredients:

For Brownies
2 large ripe avocados, mashed as well as you can (about 1 1/8 cups)
8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons avocado oil
4 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped

For Frosting
1 large ripe avocado
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

For Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl, whisk mashed avocado and melt chocolate. Whisk in sugar until combined, then add in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well. Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mixing with a large spoon until JUST combined - do not over mix. Stir in avocado oil until it's well distributed and batter is somewhat smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate, then spread batter in pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until middle is set. Remove and let cool completely, then frost and top with grated chocolate if desired.

Note: I placed these in the fridge (covered throughly with plastic wrap) to store and when eaten immediately from the fridge, they can be even denser and slightly dry, so I recommend letting them come to room temp or even placing them in the microwave (we did this!).

For Frosting:
Add avocado to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until mashed and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add in vanilla then slowly add in powdered sugar, scraping down the sides if needed, until a smooth frosting forms. Frost brownies once cooled.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24720 Apr 7, 2013
Vee wrote:
I took a quick glance and saw someone talking about Brownies. Posting this for ALL.
Ingredients:
For Brownies
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
For Frosting
1 large ripe avocado
Directions:
For Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk mashed avocado and melt chocolate. Whisk in sugar until combined, then add in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well. Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mixing with a large spoon until JUST combined - do not over mix. Stir in avocado oil until it's well distributed and batter is somewhat smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate, then spread batter in pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until middle is set. Remove and let cool completely, then frost and top with grated chocolate if desired.
Note: I placed these in the fridge (covered throughly with plastic wrap) to store and when eaten immediately from the fridge, they can be even denser and slightly dry, so I recommend letting them come to room temp or even placing them in the microwave (we did this!).
For Frosting:
Add avocado to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until mashed and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add in vanilla then slowly add in powdered sugar, scraping down the sides if needed, until a smooth frosting forms. Frost brownies once cooled.
Vee you are not helping with my diet :)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24721 Apr 7, 2013
Vee wrote:
Ingredients:
For Brownies
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
For Frosting
1 large ripe avocado
Directions:
For Brownies:
For Frosting:
Giving you BROWNIE points for that(:

!!!!!!!!!!

lol

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24722 Apr 7, 2013
Teretta wrote:
'
'
'
'
'
Glad you enjoyed the brownies,
I was up all night p
perfecting them:
and worrying that they'd be stale
in advance of arriving at THE KITCHEN!

WHISPERS> (You know El keeps up a high standard)

Best of love and warmest of thoughts to
you and regards to Mrs Duh!

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#24723 Apr 7, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever tell you about when I broke my collar-bone?
LOL!
Glad to hear no lasting effects with your shoulder Grace.
Neighbours! Mine are incomers and as such, they are as shallow
as their roots.
On to other things now....loved Naheem on last night's show
The Voice, I caught the last three quarters of an hour only.
Yes indeed El, I agree,
most enjoyable.
there were a few very interesting singers
on last night..

A guy by name .. TREVOR FRANCIS,[you may have missed] on
first GREAT...

A guy nicknamed 'RAGSY' from
Nth Wales!!!also very interesting..

It's already a great show,
and, as last year.. IMO!!!

Tom Jones is the best..
and most dignified judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Dogen 154,342
Word Association. (Nov '10) 9 min Crazy Jae 17,198
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 11 min Crazy Jae 1,189
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 42 min Crazy Jae 5,667
I Like..... (Mar '14) 43 min Crazy Jae 811
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 46 min Crazy Jae 25,643
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 47 min Crazy Jae 39,516
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min CJ Rocker 159,679
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 1 hr andet1987 28,099
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 2 hr Crazy Jae 993