El's Kitchen

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24528 Mar 28, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the Japanese kamikazes do it in WWII?
No they attacked enemy sailors during a declared war. They did always fight to the death :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24529 Mar 28, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>Hey FC!!! Long time no see!!
I had to laugh, don't know if you meant to do this BUT ...
YOu mentioned all that training to the limit, then used the word MARATHON .. making a reader think you had been training for a real one .. then we read on to feel like you had been training in order to do some Marathon SHOPPING!!
LMAO!!!
Good morning, Franko ... sounds like you've been with a woman that is high maintenance, LOL ... yes, I can see where one would make that conclusion of my Marathon shopping, haha ... and if you knew we started off with breakfast where our favorite waitress actually treated US for breakfast and we left her a very nice tip, we went down to Austin proper to a lovely boutique on Lake Austin Blvd., South Lamar & 6th Street to Waterloo Records, up to Burnet Road to show Brenda my old stomping grounds and some apartments where I used to live and we had BBQ at Miller's, then hit the toll road back up North 183A to Lakeline Mall to Yankee Candle Co., buy 2 get one free then back up 183 N to no sugar added, low fat plain ole vanilla frozen yogurt at Froyoz and final shopping at Penny's Emporium which we finally looked at each other and said, "really?" ... Our day started at 0820 and it was almost 1700 ... I might have left a stop out at a boutique "What Women Want" ... yep, sure did ... that was between BBQ and Lakeline Mall ... It was Marathon Shopping ... Brenda transferred all my shopping bags into the trunk of my car and then I needed a front end loader or forklift to get the bags from my trunk into my house, LOL ... It was fun and we don't often do that ... usually it's breakfast and a trip to Big Lots and/or Kohl's ... all done in a couple of hours ... this was definitely a Marathon, LOL ... We aren't high maintenance by any stretch of the imagination ... We handle our own vices, lol ...

You, how about you? How you been?... Good day to you, Franko! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24530 Mar 28, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>hmmm .. so you think I would not behave myself??? WHat about YOU little missy!!!
>>whistles, looks around<< who, me? lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24531 Mar 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon Flower...often think about you, great to see you here today. Yep, everything is hunky dory here....glad to hear
you are keeping on top of the game...Love to you...<3
;)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24532 Mar 28, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Day to Everyone here..beautiful day as I speak, big white flakes falling down out of a sunny sky.
Yesterday was a difficult one, not to bring too much doom and gloom, but it was the end of the road
for a beloved cat we have had for 14 years...he had been diagnosed with kidney failure only a short time before, but he deteriorated fast...so yesterday we made the decision to have him euthanised. A nicer, more gentle, cat you could not wish to meet. Am only too relieved he is now out of his suffering. His pal Sandy was very low last night, they all miss him.
I had to smile on the journey back from the Vets...
we pass a field with a hillock in the centre, and about 30 lambs were playing chase, having a whale of a time. Always nice to see.
Who would believe that Summertime begins at weekend...the clocks go forward one hour here on Sunday..meanwhile it is like Winter never left.
Hope everybody is well and had a good week so far.
Dearest Lady El: I'm sorry to hear of your loss ... I'm sure Sandy will feel the loss as well ... Will be thinking about all of you and hope you heal soon from this loss! Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24533 Mar 28, 2013
Wishing all friendlies here at Lady El's an awesome day! FC <3 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24534 Mar 28, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Franko ... sounds like you've been with a woman that is high maintenance, LOL ... yes, I can see where one would make that conclusion of my Marathon shopping, haha ... and if you knew we started off with breakfast where our favorite waitress actually treated US for breakfast and we left her a very nice tip, we went down to Austin proper to a lovely boutique on Lake Austin Blvd., South Lamar & 6th Street to Waterloo Records, up to Burnet Road to show Brenda my old stomping grounds and some apartments where I used to live and we had BBQ at Miller's, then hit the toll road back up North 183A to Lakeline Mall to Yankee Candle Co., buy 2 get one free then back up 183 N to no sugar added, low fat plain ole vanilla frozen yogurt at Froyoz and final shopping at Penny's Emporium which we finally looked at each other and said, "really?" ... Our day started at 0820 and it was almost 1700 ... I might have left a stop out at a boutique "What Women Want" ... yep, sure did ... that was between BBQ and Lakeline Mall ... It was Marathon Shopping ... Brenda transferred all my shopping bags into the trunk of my car and then I needed a front end loader or forklift to get the bags from my trunk into my house, LOL ... It was fun and we don't often do that ... usually it's breakfast and a trip to Big Lots and/or Kohl's ... all done in a couple of hours ... this was definitely a Marathon, LOL ... We aren't high maintenance by any stretch of the imagination ... We handle our own vices, lol ...
I knew you were the woman for the job Flower :)

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

#24535 Mar 28, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! no wonder you had to train first!!!

I do a shop like that abut once a year, when my daughters convince me to go down to Seattle for a day of shopping. She went down with her cousin last week and we discovered that high thread count bedsheets cost less than half as much as they do here in Canada ... next time I am stocking up on those!!!

I am good, very busy starting up my business.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24536 Mar 28, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>No they attacked enemy sailors during a declared war. They did always fight to the death :)
So where do stand on stronger penalties for straw purchasers? I'll take a wild leap here and assume you would not buy for someone who could not pass the background check.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24537 Mar 29, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do stand on stronger penalties for straw purchasers? I'll take a wild leap here and assume you would not buy for someone who could not pass the background check.
Straw purchase is illegal and they should trow the book at them. Holder is responsible for the big straw purchase that put guns in Mexican drug dealers. The government need to follow the law too

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24538 Mar 29, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Wishing all friendlies here at Lady El's an awesome day! FC <3 ...
Hey there FC!! Wishing you a lovely Easter and an enjoyable weekend. Traveling or staying put? Did you hide bones for Jax to find? Something from the Easter bunny....I mean Easter Puppy.
:-)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24539 Mar 29, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Straw purchase is illegal and they should trow the book at them. Holder is responsible for the big straw purchase that put guns in Mexican drug dealers. The government need to follow the law too
Holder? I didn't think straw purchase was legal. Why not just go buy a few kegs for a 14 year old and throw in a few cartons of cigs?!

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24540 Mar 30, 2013
Coming here ESPECIALLY ..
to wishEleanorigby> ' Captain of this ship'(:*all* the regulars who come here -

[terrified to name you individually, lest
my ole' memory lets me down in mentioning EVERYone]

but to say

you, the regulars, who write here are
especially valued, each and.. every one

and what better time to say it
than

the joyful holiday of EASTER..

HAPPY EASTER

FROM

GN

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24541 Mar 30, 2013
A few Easter thoughts that have been
running wildly thru' my mind,
harnessed &
formed in rhyme..lol

EASTER THOUGHTS

"I lay on my bed this morning ..
kissed by a gentle pace

wind chimes..
out in the garden -
playing with an Easter breeze

Through the secret door..
my mind traveled
dreamily .. far away

To what happened

in time - long long ago
around the first Easter day..

I saw "HIM" walking the dusty roads
his face all covered in blood

A crown of thorns in HIS silken hair &
.. the cross that he carried was 'wood'..

They beat .. and mocked him ..
and .. spat in his face

But never a word did he spake
NOT because he was hurting ..'no'
nor was it.. because he he felt weak..

It was that "HE" came from another realm
on the far side of the sun..

Where peace and goodness
flow smooth as a stream
and the purest of love is known.

But HE went to His death in 'a quiet way'
a prophecy - to fulfill

HE carried the cross with courage
up the cobbled Calvary hill

and hung alone and rejected

Said 'this was' for all for 'MANKIND'..
As a human 'I' don't understand
cannot fathom man of THIS kind..

Who stood for nothing but goodness..
whose words were learned and wise

ONE who healed the sick
gave hope to the poor
and.. GOODNESS shone bright in HIS eyes..

It is all such a powerful mystery
why HE should have been put to death
I think about it .. quite often
and I haven't the answer .. as yet..

Something about HIM extraordinary
A mystery ordained .. and planned

Perhaps at the 'end' I will find out..
and

only then ....

will I understand

When I cross the threshold
to a different world

And, I feel so lost and alone
HIS is the voice I will want to hear
saying >

'Grace! you are welcome home'

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#24542 Mar 30, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
Coming here ESPECIALLY ..
to wishEleanorigby> ' Captain of this ship'(:*all* the regulars who come here -
[terrified to name you individually, lest
my ole' memory lets me down in mentioning EVERYone]
but to say
you, the regulars, who write here are
especially valued, each and.. every one
and what better time to say it
than
the joyful holiday of EASTER..
HAPPY EASTER
FROM
GN
HAPPY EASTER GRACE...

and a HAPPY EASTER/PASSOVER TO ALL FRIENDS OF THE KITCHEN.

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#24543 Mar 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>There was a show with people from Texas and it had captions so you knew what he said :)
No! Really? I watch Animal Cops Houston often and rarely do
I hear any trace of accent. When I do, I love it!

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#24544 Mar 30, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
El
sorry to hear ur sad news.
its a really hard decision to make, especially when u didnt expect to have to make it. i remember it well.. over a year and i still think about my dog and yeah still fill up with tears over the lil sh*t. lol
seriously, its hard, like a family member.. only with hair.
well maybe not, my ol man has a hairy chest. lol lol
:)
u know what i mean...
HOPE i made ya laugh.
:))
LOL! Got a nice visual there PFfff! lol

.....:)

“Cool huh?”

Location hidden

#24545 Mar 30, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry to hear about your baby Dear Lady El. I am sure you gave him a wonderful life.
Lots of love to you!
Dear Brighteyes...that was so kind of you.

Love to you too and never forgetting the Boomer.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24546 Mar 30, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Straw purchase is illegal and they should trow the book at them. Holder is responsible for the big straw purchase that put guns in Mexican drug dealers. The government need to follow the law too
Then I don't understand why the Republicans voted against making it a felony.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/us/politics...

Any idea?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24547 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter all. Have a lovely weekend.

Here's to sunshine & clear skies :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorable Movie Scenes. 1 min Sally 129
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 min Judy 123 1,271
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min andet1987 23,401
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min Judy 123 15,754
Choose your Adventure 7 min andet1987 53
True False Game (Jun '11) 9 min Sally 14,354
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 11 min liam cul8r 5,176
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 33 min SMH 6,912
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min Sharlene45 213,387
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 21,521