Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there El! You have to be sawing logs by now surrounded by curled up kittens unless they are nocturnal. The dogs have gotten accustomed to our schedule in that Daisy sleeps in the bed and won't get out til we do; Mickey she wakes up at 4am to go out otherwise they are with us all night.
My laundry would have been freeze dried ..... or frozen stiff!! Snow accumulated on the grass & car last night though melted as the day went on. Down state go the worst of it.
The problem with Hollywood versus documentaries is Hollywood takes a lot of creative license for dramatic affect whereas documentaries generally tell the story without embellishment for the sake of drama.
The sad thing is most people learn history from films :(

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
are the results always true and accurate information or is it a matter of statistical average? You're more likely than not to get accurate info?
I hold no string opinion one way or the other I'm just asking.
I have nothing against water boarding. We water board our own troops so they know they will not die but they will be scared. Everyone breaks at some point. Now we don't waterboard we just kill them. The Obama administration has only sent 1 person to Gitmo. The rest died on the battlefield :(

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The sad thing is most people learn history from films :(
That IS bad. At least many of the items I find on public television are survivor accounts and raw news footage.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing against water boarding. We water board our own troops so they know they will not die but they will be scared. Everyone breaks at some point. Now we don't waterboard we just kill them. The Obama administration has only sent 1 person to Gitmo. The rest died on the battlefield :(
I just wondered how reliable the information really is. People can still lie, especially those willing to due for a cause and be martyrs.

“June”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind a movie being a bit longer (up to 3 hours maximum) if it is good .. I had hoped Lincoln was longer actualy ...
I think you made my point for me Franko!
that's what I mean,
dJango was a long movie but SO very good,
one wouldn't bre conscious of the length.

spose it goes back to the old saying

'time flies when you're enjoying yourself'(:

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing against water boarding. We water board our own troops so they know they will not die but they will be scared. Everyone breaks at some point. Now we don't waterboard we just kill them. The Obama administration has only sent 1 person to Gitmo. The rest died on the battlefield :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

I think it's a most deplorable practice
.. against everything deep4378
in me, personally..

but allowing for others and their differing
opinions here.

Denny, you 'n I must have something
special, we differ on many things
and yet can manage to remain cyber friends..

KUDOS to YOU ... well, I suppose > (and me](:

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wondered how reliable the information really is. People can still lie, especially those willing to due for a cause and be martyrs.
With a skilled interrogator they know when they get the truth. They ask them things they already know for one thing. I met a magician who works for the government. He is a mentalist and is very good. He helps the interrogator and the people think he can read their mind so the spill information

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding
I think it's a most deplorable practice
.. against everything deep4378
in me, personally..
but allowing for others and their differing
opinions here.
Denny, you 'n I must have something
special, we differ on many things
and yet can manage to remain cyber friends..
KUDOS to YOU ... well, I suppose > (and me](:
Grace the point is it works and does no real harm to the body. It is used on our own troops so they will know what it does and will help them to get through it if it is done to them. I just find it ironic that Obama protested against it so strongly and called it torture. So now instead of capture and interrogation they drop a bomb on them and kill them.There were only 3 people who were water boarded and it lead to killing UBL.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right .. and from what I heard many of the muslim terrorists think being a martyr is an honorable way to die.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>you are right .. and from what I heard many of the muslim terrorists think being a martyr is an honorable way to die.
Hence the pilots who crashed the planes ...

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>you are right .. and from what I heard many of the muslim terrorists think being a martyr is an honorable way to die.
They even have framed pictures
hanging on the walls [like a saint's picture]'honouring' a son or daughter
who carried out a suicide bombing!!!!!

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

There is a lot of high feelings here at the moment
.. the recession biting hard... cutbacks etc.

'Pat Rabitte' is a Government Minister
here,'Minister for Communication, Energy & Natural Resources...

He was 'approached' about controversial
decisions he made....(as he was having lunch)
by someone who had ENOUGH! LOL

look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
They even have framed pictures
hanging on the walls [like a saint's picture]'honouring' a son or daughter
who carried out a suicide bombing!!!!!
Kids, they blow up so fast

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Good Day to Everyone here..beautiful day as I speak, big white flakes falling down out of a sunny sky.

Yesterday was a difficult one, not to bring too much doom and gloom, but it was the end of the road
for a beloved cat we have had for 14 years...he had been diagnosed with kidney failure only a short time before, but he deteriorated fast...so yesterday we made the decision to have him euthanised. A nicer, more gentle, cat you could not wish to meet. Am only too relieved he is now out of his suffering. His pal Sandy was very low last night, they all miss him.

I had to smile on the journey back from the Vets...
we pass a field with a hillock in the centre, and about 30 lambs were playing chase, having a whale of a time. Always nice to see.

Who would believe that Summertime begins at weekend...the clocks go forward one hour here on Sunday..meanwhile it is like Winter never left.

Hope everybody is well and had a good week so far.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there FC! Hope you're doing well and enjoying what appears to be some pleasant TX weather.
Been thing of you and your brood there. They are amazing companionship, smart as a whip & funny as all heck.
....and my two love the snow!
Cheers doll!
<3
Good morning, Quinny! Nice to see you ... The pups and I are doing well ... We've been having spring for awhile now as you know we had no winter ... the next 3 days promising rain, we shall see ... Of course the non-profit organization I'm in has the Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday coupled with the Cajun Festival and the Arts & Craft Show ... Think it'll rain? I hope not, lol ... Hope you've been well as I hope everyone else has been also ... Have a great day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Tony: Last time I was here I owed you a post but that was weeks ago and have difficulty finding that post or what it was about but cheers across the pond, Happy Wednesday! Hope it's smooth sailing the rest of the week! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Good afternoon, Lady El ... been awhile since I've been here it seems ... Been ever so busy what with pre-season baseball coming up and I've got FOX Sports S/W, MLB channels and a LOT of baseball on, finally picked back up with the reading while listening to the games, full-time back at the gym with a trainer and pushing to the limit ... Had a marathon shopping spree on Saturday which was fun and what can I say ... missed you! Hope you, P and the kittens have all been well ... Everything here has been just fine ... Enjoy your day, Lady! Much Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Has Franko been behaving himself, lol ...
Hey there Franko! Good day to you and all the friendlies at Lady El's kitchen! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Soldier's Deck of Cards ~ watch on full screen when you have the time ... very interesting ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Gd afternoon, Denny, El, RM Quinn, Franko,
Flower Child, Vee and all who write here.

El,
So sorry to hear about the cat,
no matter how long one has a pet,
the end is never easy,
take comfort in the good life you
gave the sweet animal.

Snowing here too, though
NORTHERN IRELAND got it harder,
no little lambs gamboling & playing,
several new born ones had to be dug out of
snow drifts, frozen to death..
How cruel nature can be sometimes,
I found it harrowing.

Tony,
Hope you are ok.. and that you
got satisfactory news about your 'throat'
problem.

Vee, to let you know
I'm thinking of you these difficult day 'for you'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,081 - 24,100 of34,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••