“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#24461 Mar 25, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was my understanding most of the Oscar nominees for best picture were quite long: Les Mis, Lincoln, the Hobbit (was that nominated ?)
The point I was making
was 'this particular movie' was
long-drawn-out and tedious at times..

MY FAULT RM, not yours..
as I expressed it badly.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24462 Mar 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
You deserve a medal Grace, for sitting through that movie,
I couldn't have done so had they paid me, lol, from what I
have seen of the trailers. Each to their own of course.
Not my kind of music I'm afraid, but no doubt that Colm Wilkinson
does a fine job.
LOL El.

I silently gave 'myse;f' that medal!

but,
I was treated to the movie by a friend!

so went along,
ah! indeed, not to be mean...it certainly had good things
in it..
but the whole theme was so negative,
and the music left a lot to be desired..

but then,
all experiences in life are beneficial..
in strange ways.

I believe ARGO is great.

I still think 'dJANGO UNCHAINED'
is one of the very best movies I've seen
in quite a while [IMO]

Thank you El,
for info re THE VOICE.

I'm still disappointed in ours [the Irish version]

nothing spectacular about it.. to date.

Must go now & help my youngest son

celebrate his birthday today, 25/ March!

Appreciate still 'being here'
to share with the dear man(:

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24463 Mar 25, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument here. I did not see Argo or the others and it seemed pretty historically accurate. I understand Daniel Day did a lot of research and immersed himself in Lincoln.
Zero Dark Thirty was much better but because it showed the results from water boarding it wasn't politically correct :)Macain said torture does work even though he broke under it.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24464 Mar 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't right, but it isn't an isolated case Franko.
Money and status talk.
Good morning El. What is good in the kitchen this morning ?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24465 Mar 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>The point I was making

MY FAULT RM, not yours..
as I expressed it badly.
I think the "long and drawn out" is why we only went to see Lincoln. My sister saw all of them!!!!!

My hindquarters would have long fallen asleep!:-)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24466 Mar 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL El.
I silently gave 'myse;f' that medal!
but,
I was treated to the movie by a friend!
so went along,
ah! indeed, not to be mean...it certainly had good things
in it..
but the whole theme was so negative,
and the music left a lot to be desired..
but then,
all experiences in life are beneficial..
in strange ways.
I believe ARGO is great.
I still think 'dJANGO UNCHAINED'
is one of the very best movies I've seen
in quite a while [IMO]
Thank you El,
for info re THE VOICE.
I'm still disappointed in ours [the Irish version]
nothing spectacular about it.. to date.
Must go now & help my youngest son
celebrate his birthday today, 25/ March!
Appreciate still 'being here'
to share with the dear man(:
Madame .... you have to keep me updated on this ..

The Irish town of Kilgarvan passed a law this winter that allows members of its community to drink and drive.

Proposed by local pub owner and politician Danny Healy-Rae, the motion allows people who live in country areas to have a few beers before they drive home. Healy-Rae told The New York Times he thinks the measure will help preserve pub culture, lower the risk of suicide and attack isolation in the small town.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

A little hole in the wall.

#24467 Mar 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't right, but it isn't an isolated case Franko.
Money and status talk.
I would say 90% of the folk I talk to are in agreement .. there are a few who seem to think everyone, regardless of status, gets the same treatment ...

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24468 Mar 25, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I was making
MY FAULT RM, not yours..
as I expressed it badly.
I don't mind a movie being a bit longer (up to 3 hours maximum) if it is good .. I had hoped Lincoln was longer actualy ...

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#24469 Mar 25, 2013
Movies, a fine subject.
I like action films for the most part and really don't mind the historicals. I can't watch anything from the first Gulf War as an active participant...just me. No interest in Django Unchained! Seen enough of those films...
42, a movie about Jackie Robinson is due out. Probably won't see that either. Now, if in fact William "Dummy" Hoy was a film, I am so there!!! That name is for ALL the baseball lovers IF they know who he was.

Lady El, I have been coaching BrightEyes on translations for UK English. There are times she wants to post and she reads it to me and I let her know that you can't say that because it would not be received properly. She giggles.

Good to see all is well.
Peace.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24470 Mar 25, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen Argo myself, just going by the critiques...
but they played down the British role in the rescue, to the
point of exclusion I believe. Not nice!
The Enigma Files was a bit one-sided to put it nicely.
'Morning Quincy. Beautiful here, the sun is shining, melting the
snow...:) Being a bit of an optimist I have put a line full of towels on the washing line and the cats are playing on the patio.
Hi there El! You have to be sawing logs by now surrounded by curled up kittens unless they are nocturnal. The dogs have gotten accustomed to our schedule in that Daisy sleeps in the bed and won't get out til we do; Mickey she wakes up at 4am to go out otherwise they are with us all night.

My laundry would have been freeze dried ..... or frozen stiff!! Snow accumulated on the grass & car last night though melted as the day went on. Down state go the worst of it.

The problem with Hollywood versus documentaries is Hollywood takes a lot of creative license for dramatic affect whereas documentaries generally tell the story without embellishment for the sake of drama.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24471 Mar 25, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Zero Dark Thirty was much better but because it showed the results from water boarding it wasn't politically correct :)Macain said torture does work even though he broke under it.
are the results always true and accurate information or is it a matter of statistical average? You're more likely than not to get accurate info?

I hold no string opinion one way or the other I'm just asking.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24472 Mar 25, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Movies, a fine subject.
I like action films for the most part and really don't mind the historicals. I can't watch anything from the first Gulf War as an active participant...just me. No interest in Django Unchained! Seen enough of those films...
42, a movie about Jackie Robinson is due out. Probably won't see that either. Now, if in fact William "Dummy" Hoy was a film, I am so there!!! That name is for ALL the baseball lovers IF they know who he was.
Lady El, I have been coaching BrightEyes on translations for UK English. There are times she wants to post and she reads it to me and I let her know that you can't say that because it would not be received properly. She giggles.
Good to see all is well.
Peace.
LOL!!! now why isn't there an ENGLISH to ENLGLIsH translater online???

I read the bio on William Hoy ... very impressive... he is regarded as the most accomplished deaf player in major league history He also lived to be 99 years old at a time when the life expectancy was barely 60.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24473 Mar 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I would say 90% of the folk I talk to are in agreement .. there are a few who seem to think everyone, regardless of status, gets the same treatment ...
.....in what world? A fictional utopia?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24474 Mar 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind a movie being a bit longer (up to 3 hours maximum) if it is good .. I had hoped Lincoln was longer actualy ...
I would probably agree with you because there were so many fascinating aspects of his life and even though we knew the outcome, history still held a level if suspense.....at least for me.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24475 Mar 25, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! now why isn't there an ENGLISH to ENLGLIsH translater online???

I read the bio on William Hoy ... very impressive... he is regarded as the most accomplished deaf player in major league history He also lived to be 99 years old at a time when the life expectancy was barely 60.
Deaf baseball player? That would peak my interest and I'm not even a baseball fan. Will look for books on his bio. There's a movie about him coming out?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24476 Mar 25, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would probably agree with you because there were so many fascinating aspects of his life and even though we knew the outcome, history still held a level if suspense.....at least for me.
I thought it was fascinating, I had never known the "behind the scenes" manuevering involved.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

#24477 Mar 25, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deaf baseball player? That would peak my interest and I'm not even a baseball fan. Will look for books on his bio. There's a movie about him coming out?
I don't know .. Boomer mentioned him and said that was a movie he would watch if ti was made, while he would not watch the one coming out about Jackie Robinson (the first black player in the major leagues).

I wonder how any deaf players there have been in baseball?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24478 Mar 26, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know .. Boomer mentioned him and said that was a movie he would watch if ti was made, while he would not watch the one coming out about Jackie Robinson (the first black player in the major leagues).

I wonder how any deaf players there have been in baseball?
Ah, key words being "if it were made".

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24479 Mar 26, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Movies, a fine subject.
Good to see all is well.
Peace.
Hey Boomer. Thanks for your service. I still remember when that war started. I was driving and heard it on the radio

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24480 Mar 26, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there El! You have to be sawing logs by now surrounded by curled up kittens unless they are nocturnal. The dogs have gotten accustomed to our schedule in that Daisy sleeps in the bed and won't get out til we do; Mickey she wakes up at 4am to go out otherwise they are with us all night.
My laundry would have been freeze dried ..... or frozen stiff!! Snow accumulated on the grass & car last night though melted as the day went on. Down state go the worst of it.
The problem with Hollywood versus documentaries is Hollywood takes a lot of creative license for dramatic affect whereas documentaries generally tell the story without embellishment for the sake of drama.
The sad thing is most people learn history from films :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reports: China body-searched 10,000 pigeons 5 min Fundies R Mentall... 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Times are a Changing 147,679
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min deutscher Nationa... 117,434
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min CrunchyBacon 21,353
If you could have anything to eat right now, Wh... 13 min Time to GO 111
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 15 min Mechanic 24,266
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 40 min Princess Hey 5,087
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Juju Beans 6,409
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 1 hr Princess Hey 25
Jeff Goldbluma s bizarre new lightbulb ad 4 hr xxxooxxx 4

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE