El's Kitchen

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24421 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>please I know the law......

state prosecutes when their isn't an accuser...

and I said all .. criminal/civil called we the people of

OJ got away because of King period...
And I know the law as well even if I am a judge.

There is no "we the people" in court cases in the US. The state prosecutes criminal matters whether there is an accuser or not: rape, kidnapping, assault & battery, auto theft, burglary/robbery. In some of those cases there are accusers who are the victims of the crimes. The case heading is "The State of Illinois v John Doe".

Civil cases are not 'we the people' either. You kidnap me for 5 days snare convicted in criminal court for kidnapping. I sue you in civil court violating my civil right and seek money damages "Jane Smith v John Doe".

Why OJ got away with a double murder is a matter of opinion. Attributing it the Rodney King is too simple in my opinion.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24422 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>oh yes there is don't tell me the law , I wasn't a lawyer and a seated judge for 10 years because I wanted to party at college and I liked black

that will be $50 or 30 days
OK Mr Judge, quote me that case.....and the jurisdiction you served in. Contempt of court is not a civil matter, traffic tickets are not a civil matter so please, quote me 1 case where there was jail time in a civil case.

The state is not a party to a civil matter.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24423 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that either because he moved to FL or put money in a Trust or some other legal loophole, he has paid $0 on the civil judgment issued in the suits the families brought.
The only reason the people/the court nailed him to the wall for the robbery in Las Vegas was because they couldn't convict him for the murders.
I think his acquittal on the murders of Ron Goldman & Nicole Simpson was a travesty of justice and clear evidence that the current system is wholly unreliable.
a trust fund can not be garnished... why because a trust fund is handled by a third party..

for instance your ss retirement can only be garnished by the fed/state taxes..[child support is collected by the state tax division] a loophole...

OJ's pension can not be garnished

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24424 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
INFO:.........

Punishments authorized in modern U.S. law include community service, monetary fines, Forfeiture of property, restitution to victims, confinement in jail or prison, and death.

Some civil sanctions are punitive in nature. The primary aim, though, in most civil cases is to compensate the victim. However, a judge or jury may assess Punitive Damages against a party in a civil case if that party's conduct was especially wicked. Punitive damages are intended to punish a party or set an example for similar wrongdoers. Though onerous, punitive damages in a civil case do not carry with them the same stigma attached to criminal punishment.
And this has nothing to do with me suing you over breach of contact. There's no jail time in breach of contract ---- a civil matter.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#24425 Mar 24, 2013
have your way , do pay state tax , and read your summons , THE STATE OF NEW YORK vs ????

defined we the people of the state of new york versus ..

please don't think you know law ,

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24426 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>yes .....State means say a fatal accident... no witness the state or people charge you...

the yes in a civil case can mean confinement... state versus
Judge or not, Your definitions are flawed and no, confinement is not an option in civil suits. Prove it.

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/aboutlaw.html

http://www.otto-graph.com/samples/3/civil.htm...

http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm

Here is a case brief from IL regarding civil v contempt

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_readin...

Please show me a case where a defendant in a civil matter was jailed. It has not happened.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24427 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>And I know the law as well even if I am a judge.

There is no "we the people" in court cases in the US. The state prosecutes criminal matters whether there is an accuser or not: rape, kidnapping, assault & battery, auto theft, burglary/robbery. In some of those cases there are accusers who are the victims of the crimes. The case heading is "The State of Illinois v John Doe".

Civil cases are not 'we the people' either. You kidnap me for 5 days snare convicted in criminal court for kidnapping. I sue you in civil court violating my civil right and seek money damages "Jane Smith v John Doe".

Why OJ got away with a double murder is a matter of opinion. Attributing it the Rodney King is too simple in my opinion.
*****I an NOT a judge
Pardon the typo

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24428 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>a trust fund can not be garnished... why because a trust fund is handled by a third party..

for instance your ss retirement can only be garnished by the fed/state taxes..[child support is collected by the state tax division] a loophole...

OJ's pension can not be garnished
No kidding ! That's why the victims of the Enron scam who sued Ken Lay in CIVIL court got nothing. He put it all in Trust.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#24429 Mar 24, 2013
violation of order of protection / child support MRS, mason ..

Convicted sex offender Patrick Slater, shown here in this undated file photo, is being held in New York state custody under a new civil confinement law in that state despite completing a 14-year federal prison sentence in May 2009.

psychiatric symptoms is confined for a ... involuntary commitment can be criminal or civil).

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24430 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
have your way , do pay state tax , and read your summons , THE STATE OF NEW YORK vs ????

defined we the people of the state of new york versus ..

please don't think you know law ,
Excuse me? "Please don't think [I] know the law?"

I don't give a rats behind if you ARE a judge I find condescension highly offensive. I know a hell of a lot more about the law than you seem to think. And you are not the only well read poster in the Kitchen, nor are you the authority on the US legal system here. I have no doubt other posters on both sides if the pond are equally informed in such matters.

Getting elected to the bench does not make you a well informed legal mind ... or anymore knowledgeable in the law than I am.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24431 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I know the law as well even if I am a judge.
The blacks on the jury are the reason he got off. After all the chest beating and playing politics I am afraid the Democrats are going to back off from Finsteins effort to outlaw weapons that look like a military full auto. It is a shame. The Dems would have been swept out of office if they had backed this. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws and out of 90 districts they rank number 90 on enforcement of existing federal laws designed to keep guns out of the hands of felons. Catch a felon with a gun and throw the book at him :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24432 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna pay income taxes on that 300 bucks, aren't ya Denny?
:)
I will see how I feel about that. I thought it over and NO I am not :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24433 Mar 24, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me six numbers for the Lottery please...:)
Good Morning Denny.
Good morning El. Your lucky numbers are 15,27,3,32,42,9 Please forward me a share of the winnings :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24434 Mar 24, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>i do agree with the idea that an innocent person should never have to be convicted of a crime they did not commit. That is a crime in itself.
Even the fact of being charged can ruin someones life, even if the charges are thrown out, some people will always treat it as "he was guilty but got off" ... for this reason I feel something the system lacks is the ability to charge someone without it becoming public knowledge. It should be nobody;s business until the verdict is given, and if they were found innocent then nobody should even be aware that the person had even be charged. This is because of the way people jump to conclusions.
Think of it this way ... if the system accuses or convicts an innocent man, or if a guilty man goes free, then those are both crimes ....
The system should ensure that NEITHER can happen.
I love the English system in civil cases where the loser pays the cost. I wish we had that here and it would stop the silly law suits that tie up the court. Like a woman who spilt hot coffee in her lap and won a hell of a lot of money. If she had the treat of paying if she lost she would have never brought the suit

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24435 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right about ruined reputations which is hopefully one reason the law prosecutes people who file false police reports/claims.
The state does follow it own laws. People who lie on a gun back ground check are not prosecuted. Vote fraud is seldom prosecuted. Look at the clear case of the Black Pathers voter intimidation was dropped by the Obama regime

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24436 Mar 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
but of course , bet you can't describe a person you just met a week ...
ever watch My Cousin Vinny... tore those eye witness to shreds more fact than fiction
Great old movie. You know I am a magician. I fool eye witnesses all the time from 3 feet away. Your eyes see what you expect to see and your eyes lie. It is hard when I do magic in front of a camera. The camera doesn't blink and I can't direct the camera to look some where else when I do the dirty deed. Search magic 5020 . The camera caught me once on a coin disappearance. See if you can catch it :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24437 Mar 24, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning El. Your lucky numbers are 15,27,3,32,42,9 Please forward me a share of the winnings :)
Hi Denny! Sadly ours was not the winning Powerball ticket :(

Enjoy your day!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24438 Mar 24, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I love the English system in civil cases where the loser pays the cost. I wish we had that here and it would stop the silly law suits that tie up the court. Like a woman who spilt hot coffee in her lap and won a hell of a lot of money. If she had the treat of paying if she lost she would have never brought the suit
Can't argue with you there Denny. It's the frivolous law suits that harm the legitimate ones.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24439 Mar 24, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The state does follow it own laws. People who lie on a gun back ground check are not prosecuted. Vote fraud is seldom prosecuted. Look at the clear case of the Black Pathers voter intimidation was dropped by the Obama regime
It loses all legitimacy if not applied consistently and uniformly.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24440 Mar 24, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Denny! Sadly ours was not the winning Powerball ticket :(
Enjoy your day!
I can't believe a sound retirement strategy like that didn't work :) One of the ex Cowboy players Hollywood Hennderson has won the state lotto twice :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,923
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Wolftracks 167,256
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,759
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,086
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,901
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,126
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,329
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 4 hr Mr_FX 171
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 hr Mr_FX 9,333
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 5 hr SLY WEST 16,054
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 hr Trunketeer 12,723
More from around the web