Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
I'll put in for a double on the monster from Frankenstein if no one else has bagged it yet!
Then that leaves the Bride for me!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

franko wrote:
<quoted text>the truth is, I would grow bored if all anyone talked about was the weather and their pets (no offense to all you pet lovers, I have one too!). It is the fact that a variety of things come up, including word events and politics that keeps me coming back.
While my dogs are cute and adorable (yours is way too cute!!), I realize there's only so much oohing & ahing the rest if you can take.....they are after all--- my dogs!
8=)

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Tony, I am thinkinking you are a vet from the Falklands. I may be wrong... However you have a Sean Connery attitude! Very nice in the kitchen. Tell me how close I am to you from one vet to another.
Peace be with all!
Spring has not happened here in the mid west USA!
Global warming or climate change?
Kitchen?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>Pleasant as it is to talk about the weather and pets, and
you will find me doing so perhaps too much, lol, I agree
that there is so much more of interest to discuss as we
always did in the kitchen. I like a bit of fun as much as the
next person, but would hate to bury my head in the sand as to
what is happening in the world..and who better to discuss it with
that those on here, I mean it, we usually come to a satisfactory
understanding.
Me, I'm not a sports minded person so I just kick back and listen to those of you who are. I would nothing to contribute. We had a March Madness pool chart in the CU branch ----- I thought it was a football pool!!!

I'm happy to just learn something and listen to you rugby fans discuss the weekend game.

....now back to my beagle's latest antics.........

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>OH if only that was true. I am like most people, we believe that big business and other people with money and power can get away with things most of us cannot.
Far more examples to prove that rumor. A run of the mill black man accused if molesting young children; a black man accused of killing his white ex wife.....you really think those poor middle class defendants would have gotten acquitted????

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>you should have screamed OJ got away , Anderson got lucky his rights were violated ...
big diff...
I did!! I did !! But no one listened.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It would become a law of men without those technicalities . I hate to see the results some times
Alas I disagree. The law is way too stacked in favor of the defendant to permit them to 'get off' on a technicality.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
Duh - think Tally was referring to the sailing season, in which case the answer is yes, next month!
Ditto Duh bud! I live vicariously through your sailing stories and other bits. Love the ocean and love boats. Not much opportunity to sail as it were and its not like I'm an experienced sailor, I just enjoy it.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Boomer7 wrote:
Tony, I am thinkinking you are a vet from the Falklands. I may be wrong... However you have a Sean Connery attitude! Very nice in the kitchen. Tell me how close I am to you from one vet to another.
Peace be with all!
Kitchen?
There ya go! Forget Frankenstein I bet Tony is a dead ringer for Sean Connery. And Boomer, let met see Boomer has that Casey Kasem thing going on.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice l'il story you got going there,
I'll add a line (:
'And who is that behind you?
OH! HOORAH!
it's "Deer Whisperer"
"I missed you and was actually worried about YOU,
disappearing off Topix like that,
I thought your absence might indicate that
you probably...."
were hunting. Why you are correct Dear Grace but look to whom the cats brought in.....(standing in the door way with large laughter)
(now Deer Whisper has the attention of the room).......

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>were hunting. Why you are correct Dear Grace but look to whom the cats brought in.....(standing in the door way with large laughter)
(now Deer Whisper has the attention of the room).......
Where's he been hiding anyway?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go! Forget Frankenstein I bet Tony is a dead ringer for Sean Connery. And Boomer, let met see Boomer has that Casey Kasem thing going on.
Quinn, Quinn, Quinn.....ROFL. Wow! how did you know? Boomer used to have a radio show here called, Talk of the Town. Seriously? Casey Kasem LOL I haven't heard that name in forever. Nice job.
Peace always my friend.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's he been hiding anyway?
In the woods with his camouflage on, that's why you couldn't see/find him.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Good morn to you Lady El. I have brought sausage gravy and fresh biscuits to share with the all of us in the kitchen.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
Peace be with all!
Kitchen?
Hi Boomer - I was serving with commando forces at the time of the Falklands - finished commando training on 9 June '82 ready to go south, had 4 days leave and by the time I was back, the Argies had run away (must have heard I was coming!!). So never went - would like to claim that I was bitterly disappointed, but that would be less than honest! It's a pretty god-forsaken place at the best of times, lord knows how the inhabitants manage to live there. The other vet around here is Krypt - he was with the paras, though not sure of dates. Know he did at least one tour of Northern Ireland when the troubles were on.

Rain, rain and more rain at the moment over here - though snow is forecast for the north of the country this weekend. So looking for my webbed feet as I'm working the Thames this weekend (big rowing regatta - driving one of the spectator boats).

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, I'm not a sports minded person so I just kick back and listen to those of you who are. I would nothing to contribute. We had a March Madness pool chart in the CU branch ----- I thought it was a football pool!!!
I'm happy to just learn something and listen to you rugby fans discuss the weekend game.
....now back to my beagle's latest antics.........
You have a beagle? We had one - Parker by name - failed hunt dog. Hopeless - two brain cells, one of which involved food, one which involved getting on the scent of a fox. When the latter kicked in, over-rode any other thoughts in the little lad's skull!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
About all Sean Connery and I have in common is the thinning hair!! Reckon I've still got more than him though!

“April”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the woods with his camouflage on, that's why you couldn't see/find him.
Thanks for other post BE,
seriously tho' I hope
DEER WHISPERER is alright,*all* other
reasons don't matter other than that.

My O My,
We're fast running into Easter and the weather is
atrocious .. rain & high winds here, severe flooding, roads closed,
a 'snow/ice' weather alert on .. Whew!!!!!

Hope you and Boomer are more cosy where you are.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>You have a beagle? We had one - Parker by name - failed hunt dog. Hopeless - two brain cells, one of which involved food, one which involved getting on the scent of a fox. When the latter kicked in, over-rode any other thoughts in the little lad's skull!
She's a hoot. House dog not hunting dog. Chow hound, then if she hones in on something, forget it! She ain't coming back!!

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
re -read this.... justice still can be served in a re-trial

Except in a Capitol case .... like OJ can't be re-tried

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,921 - 23,940 of33,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••