“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24176 Mar 18, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Interesting to see the political view points posted...
How many of you debate these topics with friends as well as strangers? My bad, WE are strangers here so to speak! Would any and all of you be as adamant if you were at a pub or out having dinner? I do doubt that!
Like I said before, it is so easy to post anonymously for some. This is where I take my leave. I will check back when the waqter isn't boiling with attitude.
I do hope all had a pleasant Sunday.
Peace.
Good Day Boomer,

I suppose POLITICS has that name, as we know,
stirring people up.

I know this is just an opinion,
no more than that, but I feel politics is discussed..
perhaps *too much* on
what is .. a KITCHEN thread;

but
as I say, that is just my opinion..
others think differently..

Very bad weather forecast over in these part,
altho' St Patrick's passed of well.

Good day one & all.

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#24177 Mar 18, 2013
PFfff your friends must be just like mine? What's RW?
really white
racial wombates
radical weirdo's
rarely welcome
race winners
republican wantabes
reckless wanderers
.. of course I base that on my own experience. LOL
1st to speak hasn't a chance because as soon as the 2nd has time to think of something they begin talking louder than the 1st and etc.
It all ends with everyone agreeing to disagree with each other because we're all too bullheaded
to change our minds.((I blame it on age!))
Gett'n it off your chest is a relief!
I agree with Boomer about people acting different when they can hide behind all the facades of this forum. It would be interesting to know what they're really like in the 'real world'.
Personally, I'm pretty much the same in both, except throwing [my redneck persona out] on the forum.
All of ya have a good Monday!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24178 Mar 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT?????????.

your words ..
Sid you know it was the Bush stacked Supreme Court who in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's obstruction of justice conviction? They only shredded massive amts of documents regarding Enron's illegal activity.

hate doing this but you should really learn the USA system.....

it is impossible for any President at any time to stack a supreme court ..........

all each and every nominee has to be approved by Congress ... and if the president can't get have of his
policies passed ... self explanatory ... but can show you ..........
http://www.biography.com/people/john-roberts-...

"On September 6 [2005] George W Bush withdrew nomination as successor to Sandra Day O'Connor and nominated him for the position of Chief Justice"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/us/25robert...

'Stacked' may have been a poor choice of words, but clearly the Republicans - namely George W - gained control of the Supreme Court which subsequently rules conservatively and in favor of big business --- namely Arthur Andersen.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24179 Mar 18, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>maybe Boomer, ur friends are just quiet? lol
i know in my circle of RW friends, they All are boisterous in opinions - esp with politics and religion..

of course they are talking over each other and nobody ever really hears it. lol

but i agree with Quinn, if it bothers u, its ok to just sit back and listen Or not.. its just a way of talking and exchanging ideas.. even in the RW we know our opinions aren't gonna make a big difference in the way of the world, but at least we've expressed them. sometimes thats all we need.

anyway, Good Morning All - have a wonderful day!
:]
There are some RW folks you know you can talk politics and religion with and others you know to just stick to weather. Gotta know your audience :)

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#24180 Mar 18, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
really white
racial wombates
radical weirdo's
rarely welcome
race winners
republican wantabes
reckless wanderers
1st to speak hasn't a chance because as soon as the 2nd has time to think of something they begin talking louder than the 1st and etc.
It all ends with everyone agreeing to disagree with each other because we're all too bullheaded
I agree with Boomer about people acting different when they can hide behind all the facades of this forum. It would be interesting to know what they're really like in the 'real world'.
Personally, I'm pretty much the same in both, except throwing [my redneck persona out] on the forum.
Real World (versus cyber)

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24181 Mar 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.biography.com/people/john-roberts-...
"On September 6 [2005] George W Bush withdrew nomination as successor to Sandra Day O'Connor and nominated him for the position of Chief Justice"
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/us/25robert...
'Stacked' may have been a poor choice of words, but clearly the Republicans - namely George W - gained control of the Supreme Court which subsequently rules conservatively and in favor of big business --- namely Arthur Andersen.
read carefully.... the seated president of the US can nominate as many people as he wants.... but Congress has to approve .. Congress has to approve the justice any one the congress sees as qualified

FDR tried that in his terms and he had 12 years , didn't work .... ok

take this as information ....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24182 Mar 18, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
really white
racial wombates
radical weirdo's
rarely welcome
race winners
republican wantabes
reckless wanderers
well we're white and weirdos - so 2 out of those aint bad. lol
(it means real world)

i dont agree thought that people act different here, whether ur a grey or green person, especially when talking politics. people seems to do Just fine when talking this subject. lol - no messing around with how they feel about it either.
now if ur talking about acting different when it comes to staying in the "loop" with "their so called cyber friends" THATS a different story. then i see a bunch of sheep..
but whatever floats ur boat i guess.

and thats just my opinion, its not really important to anybody - except for me and thats all that counts.

Location hidden

#24183 Mar 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some RW folks you know you can talk politics and religion with and others you know to just stick to weather. Gotta know your audience :)
i personally like to talk about weather, i just know more about it - and besides thats more important to me. lol

so..... gonna get some snow today here.
lol
;)

Bora Da!

Location hidden

#24184 Mar 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Day Boomer,
I suppose POLITICS has that name, as we know,
stirring people up.
I know this is just an opinion,
no more than that, but I feel politics is discussed..
perhaps *too much* on
what is .. a KITCHEN thread;
but
as I say, that is just my opinion..
others think differently..
Very bad weather forecast over in these part,
altho' St Patrick's passed of well.
Good day one & all.
i was gonna say, if we talked only kitchen stuff then the men might not be around so much. But then again, more and more are doing the cooking today so maybe not. lol

hope u had a wonderful Irish Day Grace!
:)

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#24185 Mar 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is kind of offensive, in a way

[unless I took you up wrong]!
that you imply..
folks who are not too interested
in politics are empty heads!

There is a *huge* variety of subjects
of interest between weather and politics!

I just grow *weary* of the same old
ding dong .. all the time,
not singling out THE KITCHEN, as such, only
for criticism..

I often grow weary [too] of late night TV
shows that quickly turn to politics
and proceed to bore the pants off an audience.

I suppose it's as well we are all
different.

Perhaps that's the bottom line.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Huntingdon, UK

#24186 Mar 18, 2013
I am taken back in time to when I was a new bride, 19 years of age and visiting my in-laws for Sunday lunch.

After preliminary greetings, the men and women were then segregated, the men sat discussing world affairs, the latest scores in sport etc., while we women congretated in the kitchen to assist in preparing the Sunday meal. To which I had been invited as a guest! lol

Conversation at the table was polite, then after lunch we ladies made our way to the kitchen while the gents took to the armchairs, had a smoke, perhaps a drink and resumed conversation which it appeared was far too much for feminine ears!
Putting the world to rights.

This was alien to me, who always believed in the Freedom of Speech....

and so it is to this day, we have the British Press under fire talking about censoring everything that they they are allowed to publish..this after 300 years of Free Press.

In this kitchen, Everybody is welcome to discuss what they will, anything and everything.

It has always been that way..otherwise, how will we learn?

Cheers.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24187 Mar 18, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe Boomer, ur friends are just quiet? lol
i know in my circle of RW friends, they All are boisterous in opinions - esp with politics and religion..
of course they are talking over each other and nobody ever really hears it. lol
but i agree with Quinn, if it bothers u, its ok to just sit back and listen Or not.. its just a way of talking and exchanging ideas.. even in the RW we know our opinions aren't gonna make a big difference in the way of the world, but at least we've expressed them. sometimes thats all we need.
anyway, Good Morning All - have a wonderful day!
:]
Good morning PF. We need to at least care enough to discuss things

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24188 Mar 18, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That is kind of offensive, in a way
[unless I took you up wrong]!
that you imply..
folks who are not too interested
in politics are empty heads!
There is a *huge* variety of subjects
of interest between weather and politics!
I just grow *weary* of the same old
ding dong .. all the time,
not singling out THE KITCHEN, as such, only
for criticism..
I often grow weary [too] of late night TV
shows that quickly turn to politics
and proceed to bore the pants off an audience.
I suppose it's as well we are all
different.
Perhaps that's the bottom line.
I love politics. Good morning Grace

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24189 Mar 18, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
TKY Franko. At least someone was paying attention.
:-)
Good morning Mighty Quinn. You are my favorite oerson to disagree with. I hate government even when Republicans are in charge. I just think conservatives are less harmful. Obama doesn't think we have a spending problem at all. We can't continue to borrow half of what we spend. You know where that will end for all of us. It is a disgrace that we have 40 million people on food stamps

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24190 Mar 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
I am taken back in time to when I was a new bride, 19 years of age and visiting my in-laws for Sunday lunch.
After preliminary greetings, the men and women were then segregated, the men sat discussing world affairs, the latest scores in sport etc., while we women congretated in the kitchen to assist in preparing the Sunday meal. To which I had been invited as a guest! lol
Conversation at the table was polite, then after lunch we ladies made our way to the kitchen while the gents took to the armchairs, had a smoke, perhaps a drink and resumed conversation which it appeared was far too much for feminine ears!
and so it is to this day, we have the British Press under fire talking about censoring everything that they they are allowed to publish..this after 300 years of Free Press.
In this kitchen, Everybody is welcome to discuss what they will, anything and everything.
Cheers.
days of yore dear .... woman couldn't even vote ??

and bet you still came with a dowry

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Huntingdon, UK

#24191 Mar 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
days of yore dear .... woman couldn't even vote ??
and bet you still came with a dowry
LOL! I used to say to Emily (Pankhurst)'MUST we tie ourselves
to the railings, I am sure there is an easier way'....

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Huntingdon, UK

#24192 Mar 18, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
really white
racial wombates
radical weirdo's
rarely welcome
race winners
republican wantabes
reckless wanderers
just cutting in to say y'all are welcome to the kitchen.
Can we be objective enough to describe what we are really
like? For myself, anything I have to say here, I would
say in the RW...if, that is, there was anybody sufficiently
interested to hear it, which is doubtful! One topic rules
here where I live, and that is we English incomers are
the ruination of their culture. Understandable.
I tell a lie, Rugby is first and foremost in the converstion
currently, Wales having retained the Championship.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24193 Mar 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
read carefully.... the seated president of the US can nominate as many people as he wants.... but Congress has to approve .. Congress has to approve the justice any one the congress sees as qualified
FDR tried that in his terms and he had 12 years , didn't work .... ok
take this as information ....
FDR really tried to stack the court by increasing the numbers on the court :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24194 Mar 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
Cheers.
What a pleasant place to discuss our views. I never take anything personally and I value everyone's view point. Quinn is from a solid Democrat state and I am from a solid Republican state :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#24195 Mar 18, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
just cutting in to say y'all are welcome to the kitchen.
Can we be objective enough to describe what we are really
like? For myself, anything I have to say here, I would
say in the RW...if, that is, there was anybody sufficiently
interested to hear it, which is doubtful! One topic rules
here where I live, and that is we English incomers are
the ruination of their culture. Understandable.
I tell a lie, Rugby is first and foremost in the converstion
currently, Wales having retained the Championship.
I have seen England change so very much. I don't think the influx has been for the good. El how does it work now that people from the EU can go anywhere and work? It would seem people would flock to the country that had the most welfare benefits. Is that the case ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Tom2Tone 152,469
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min Princess Hey 264
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Aura Mytha 132,559
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 15 min Flower-Child 24,100
Is it possible to....... 21 min andet1987 548
I Like..... (Mar '14) 26 min andet1987 480
Federal Disability Insurance Program 29 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 7
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 47 min Mega Monster 25,669
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 5 hr Roxie Darling 128
More from around the web