|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not paying attention to what I said sweetheart, as usual.
The REPUBLICAN stacked judiciary in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's conviction on obstruction of justice resulting from Enron's swindle.
My point, which you chose to overlook completely once again, is that while you constantly bash liberals you coincidently overlook the serious misdeeds of conservatives; while you continue to tout the alleged burden of the alleged 47%, you choose to overlook the fact that conservative big oil in Texas put those people there.
The wealth of Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling was not earned, but stolen from the people who worked for and trusted them.
I don't give a rat's ass about Mexicans and food stamps allegedly provided for them by liberals, I'm more concerned about the conservative businessmen who screwed average people out of their life savings, got exonerated by republicans, and then added insult to injury by claiming the very people they themselves screwed are now a financial burden on our society.
The investors in GM that Obama screwed ROYALLY???? You are truly blind, aren't you?

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

How about wrote:
<quoted text>The investors in GM that Obama screwed ROYALLY???? You are truly blind, aren't you?
So it's OK when Bush does it, but not a democrat huh ?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Just coming by to wish everyone here
'A HAPPY
ST PATRICK'S DAY..
Lotta fun & merriment over here.
I know it's is highly celebrated in the USA too.
Good luck to everyone on such a day.
"Beannacht na Feile Padraig oraibh"!
We have quite a few St Paddy;s revelers here as well .. I see lots of green being worn.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Interesting to see the political view points posted...
How many of you debate these topics with friends as well as strangers? My bad, WE are strangers here so to speak! Would any and all of you be as adamant if you were at a pub or out having dinner? I do doubt that!
Like I said before, it is so easy to post anonymously for some. This is where I take my leave. I will check back when the waqter isn't boiling with attitude.

I do hope all had a pleasant Sunday.
Peace.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko,
I think Boomer and I have you beat with our POND. Our back yard for 30 years in the spring is nothing short of a pond. So much so that in 2011 we asked a friend of our that worked for the Department of Natural Resources might declare it as a natural wetland. We had 3 families of geese, 2 families of ducks, rabbits, possums and raccoon families. That's not even to mention the twelve goslings. We have a 300 foot backyard that is half underwater almost every year. I do have to say it is very beautiful but also very annoying. I will post in my avatar for you. We thought about having paddle boats on the pond for the neighborhood children! LOL
YOu back yard looks like a park .. very beautiful ... but in theory I guess your yard is not supposed to get that much water settled in it???

My yard is not very large and it is supposed to be designed to not ever have a puddle.

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>YOu back yard looks like a park .. very beautiful ... but in theory I guess your yard is not supposed to get that much water settled in it???
My yard is not very large and it is supposed to be designed to not ever have a puddle.
Franko, you are so right about that! No, we are not suppose to have any standing water. Our neighbors 2 doors down each way added dirt years ago to flatten their yards so all the run off comes to the lowest point which is our yard. It also will partially flood our neighbors on each side a little but that year it was 150' X 150' and stayed that way for 9 weeks. We then had babies everywhere. LOL Have a great evening.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
How many of you debate these topics with friends as well as strangers? My bad, WE are strangers here so to speak! Would any and all of you be as adamant if you were at a pub or out having dinner? I do doubt that!
Like I said before, it is so easy to post anonymously for some. This is where I take my leave. I will check back when the waqter isn't boiling with attitude.

Peace.
Hey there Boomer, doubt if you will but I am just as opinionated with family and friends as with you strangers. As my sister said this afternoon 'nobody wants to hear what I have to say.'

Just like one us not required to answer a ringing phone, no one in the Kitchen is required to respond to anyone else's post if not so inclined.

Although if I said hello or good morning, to someone in particular, a response would seem good manners.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find this stuff? I was going to send stats to refute all you pro gun info but figured there's no point.
Sid you know it was the Bush stacked Supreme Court who in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's obstruction of justice conviction? They only shredded massive amts of documents regarding Enron's illegal activity.
http://www.kcchronicle.com/mobile/article.xml...
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-22...
For those who don't know or recall, simply put: Enron was based in Texas, officers screwed the employees out of their retirement savings, and just prior to going to jail, the big guy Ken Lay put all his money in Trust and died of a heart attack. He got everything, his employees were left with nothing.
Enron's accounting firm Arthur Andersen was based here in Chicago. Andersen took part in and was party to Enron's swindle. Once word got out of the Federal investigation of both companies, so began the shredding of the documents at Andersen. Big no no.
I was working in the same building as Andersen when all hell broke loose and Andersen imploded. Innocent people lost their jobs and big wigs got out with "golden parachutes".
Only in conservative Republican run America can a the conviction of a big corporation which clearly was guilty of obstructing an investigation, be overturned.
If you're going to bash the liberals in put government Denny, it is only fair you give the conservatives you so admire equal bashing.
And PS As a result of Enron and Andersen's dealings, innocent people at both companies lost their jobs and their life savings..... thus becoming members of the "47%" you rail against (I knew many from Andersen)....... The 1% came away with even more money and Ken Lay even hid it in plain sight in Trust.
Interesting because your wealthy elite are the ones who put hundreds of thousands of people in Texas and Illinois in the 47% and then have the gall for blaming them for being there.
That is not my opinion, it is documented fact.
I agree that politicians and their "ways" have little to do with the party they represent.

I think the people who tend to make it in politics and senior management in business tend to be highly machiavelan, and also see their world pretty much though their own eyes. They feel they are justified in doing whatever they do. AND they, themselves, and thier fiends and family, deserve more than their fair share and who cares about the rest.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

No Way wrote:
<quoted text>There's not a single Republican running the corrupt state of Illinois. Just so you know.
perhaps currenlty ... did ou gto back and lok at the 200 plus years of Illinois History?

Here is an excerpt from WIkipedia ...

"History of corruption

Politics in the state, particularly those of the Cook County Democratic Organization, have been infamous for highly visible corruption cases, as well as for crusading reformers, such as governors Adlai Stevenson (D) and James R. Thompson (R). In 2006, former Governor George Ryan (R) was convicted of racketeering and bribery, leading to a 6 and a half year prison sentence. In 2008, then-Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) was served with a criminal complaint on corruption charges, stemming from allegations that he conspired to sell the vacated Senate seat left by President Barack Obama (D) to the highest bidder. Subsequently, on December 7, 2011, Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison for those charges, as well as perjury while testifying during the case, totaling 18 convictions. In the late 20th century, Congressman Dan Rostenkowski (D) was imprisoned for mail fraud; former governor and federal judge Otto Kerner, Jr.(D) was imprisoned for bribery; and State Auditor of Public Accounts (Comptroller) Orville Hodge (R) was imprisoned for embezzlement. In 1912, William Lorimer, the GOP boss of Chicago, was expelled from the U.S. Senate for bribery and in 1921, Governor Len Small (R) was found to have defrauded the state of a million dollars.[27][44][110]"

Obviosly the letter after a name designates Democrat or Rebublican ...

Shall we count?

I see five D's

I see 4 R's ...

Pretty much a dead heat ...

I can almost guarantee you, if the state has a republican government in charge in the coming decade, the corruption won't stop ...

Think before you speak.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of hard to refute the 2nd amendment Quinn :) I didn't know Enron was a republican and what makes you think Anderson is a Republican? I thought they were an oil company and an accounting firm
she did not say they were republican. She said the republican government was in charge when the corruption was exposed, and those who perpetrated the offenses were given barely a slap on the wrist.

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

How about wrote:
<quoted text>The investors in GM that Obama screwed ROYALLY???? You are truly blind, aren't you?
I think if you go through all the individual states, and the USA as a whole, and look at the history going back over 200 years, you will see acts of corruption by both parties ... neither party is better than the other when it comes to that.

If you won't acknowledge that, then it is you who is blind ... or more accuratly, like an ostrich who CHOOSES to ignore things that go on around it as he buries his head in the sand.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that politicians and their "ways" have little to do with the party they represent.

I think the people who tend to make it in politics and senior management in business tend to be highly machiavelan, and also see their world pretty much though their own eyes. They feel they are justified in doing whatever they do. AND they, themselves, and thier fiends and family, deserve more than their fair share and who cares about the rest.
Great observation Franko. My husband just finished reading Crime & Punishment on his Kindle. Seems to be the theme there.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
**did
WHAT?????????.

your words ..
Sid you know it was the Bush stacked Supreme Court who in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's obstruction of justice conviction? They only shredded massive amts of documents regarding Enron's illegal activity.

hate doing this but you should really learn the USA system.....

it is impossible for any President at any time to stack a supreme court ..........

all each and every nominee has to be approved by Congress ... and if the president can't get have of his
policies passed ... self explanatory ... but can show you ..........

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>she did not say they were republican. She said the republican government was in charge when the corruption was exposed, and those who perpetrated the offenses were given barely a slap on the wrist.
TKY Franko. At least someone was paying attention.
:-)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

this is why is was .....Court unanimously overturned ..........

United States Supreme Court case in which the Court unanimously overturned accounting firm Arthur Andersen's conviction of obstruction of justice in the fraudulent activities and subsequent collapse of the Enron corporation, on the basis that the jury instructions did not properly portray the law Andersen was charged with breaking. The decision was Pyrrhic {victory in which the victor's losses are as great}

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

you have the same exact right as
ARTHUR ANDERSON...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Checks and Balances

The system in which a person is appointed to justice to the U.S. Supreme Court is designed specifically to prevent a president from having too much power. It is another of the many checks and balances seen throughout the federal government system. By allowing only the president to nominate a person (in theory) will ensure that the best possible candidate is selected for the job. By allowing only the U.S. Senate to confirm that nomination prevents the president from putting someone into the position of justice who will only act to serve the agenda of the president.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Boomer7 wrote:
Peace.
maybe Boomer, ur friends are just quiet? lol
i know in my circle of RW friends, they All are boisterous in opinions - esp with politics and religion..

of course they are talking over each other and nobody ever really hears it. lol

but i agree with Quinn, if it bothers u, its ok to just sit back and listen Or not.. its just a way of talking and exchanging ideas.. even in the RW we know our opinions aren't gonna make a big difference in the way of the world, but at least we've expressed them. sometimes thats all we need.

anyway, Good Morning All - have a wonderful day!
:]

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like good fishing :)
Morning handsome.
:)

i saw 2 turkeys out my back yesterday, one was feeding off the ground and the other one had his back wings spread out like Mr. King of the world. lol - it was pretty cool.
i thought of u - u would have had a field day with that, and a nice turkey dinner? lol

“Autumn”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Vee wrote:
<quoted text>With El's toe mishap and my sciatica, I can safely say that I am blaming it all on your piano!!!!
lol

I didn't strike the right note, obviously! LOL! ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••