|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Brighteyes...I am in 'your corner' with the pool contest...we ladies have to stick together!..:) Although...
don't want to lose Boomer's support for Man U..they play later
on today but it isn't televised unfortunately. Big Rugby game later, England versus Wales...cannot take sides there
living in Wales but from England. May the worthy team win.
Not seen sight nor sound of Quinn and have been missing her....hope
she is alright.
Have a lovely weekend my friend..<3
I'm sure Boomer would not be surprised to know the ladies are sticking together ...

I think Quinn's only missed like 2 or 3 days, right?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 06

A little hole in the wall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go....always thinking of others...that's me..:) lol
'Morning Franko, good to hear the rain finally stopped, now all you need is some sunshine. Overcast here but looking promising.
Any more rain and the puddle in my yard would be classified a a pond!!!

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on the mend Grace,'sides which, what can they do?
I stick to my guns about avoiding hospitals like the plague.
Funnily enough I had a telephone call the previous afternoon
my surgery requesting I go in to have my blood pressure test.
I decided against going based on the fact that the waiting room
is full of sick people! Had I gone I would not have had the
accident..(:
Brilliant video, I was familiar with Van Morrison's version
but not this one. Wonderful voice...t/y. Very poetic lyrics.
maybe you will want to splint the toe for a few days???

Don't they have blood pressure machines in most of the pharmacies these days?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
FRANKO:
Delighted to hear the new Pope
is being called after YOU !!!
:-)
well they had to choose from good stock!!!

Shall we call me da Pope as a nickname?

“guess who Lois?”

Level 7

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

or His Eminence?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
The Six Nations Rugby matches draw to a conclusion today.
I'm no traitor, lol, COME ON ENGLAND!
Sadly, not to be the grand slam this year - the best side on the park won - have to give it to the Taffs, they played superbly and left England looking very ordinary. Just think - had they woken up the first week of the tournament and realised that they were supposed to be playing rugby, we would have had them crowing for another twelve months! God bless the Irish!

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Just coming by to wish everyone here

'A HAPPY
ST PATRICK'S DAY..

Lotta fun & merriment over here.

I know it's is highly celebrated in the USA too.

Good luck to everyone on such a day.

"Beannacht na Feile Padraig oraibh"!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Just coming by to wish everyone here
'A HAPPY
ST PATRICK'S DAY..
Lotta fun & merriment over here.
I know it's is highly celebrated in the USA too.
Good luck to everyone on such a day.
"Beannacht na Feile Padraig oraibh"!
Good morning Grace and all who come to this friendly warm kitchen

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Bing Sings "Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral" - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch... Stopping by to wish my two favorite ladies the Best St Patrick's Day ever!!!! El, Grace, thank you for sharing the best of the best all year round!!!!!!!

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

franko wrote:
<quoted text>Any more rain and the puddle in my yard would be classified a a pond!!!
Hi Franko,
I think Boomer and I have you beat with our POND. Our back yard for 30 years in the spring is nothing short of a pond. So much so that in 2011 we asked a friend of our that worked for the Department of Natural Resources might declare it as a natural wetland. We had 3 families of geese, 2 families of ducks, rabbits, possums and raccoon families. That's not even to mention the twelve goslings. We have a 300 foot backyard that is half underwater almost every year. I do have to say it is very beautiful but also very annoying. I will post in my avatar for you. We thought about having paddle boats on the pond for the neighborhood children! LOL

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I will be happy to send you some used weather. El you are not going to believe this but the liberals in our government have adds up for food stamps in Mexico. We are advertizing for illegal aliens to come to America and get on food stamps. The conservatives tried to stop it but were voted down. We have 40 million people on food stamps
Where do you find this stuff? I was going to send stats to refute all you pro gun info but figured there's no point.

Sid you know it was the Bush stacked Supreme Court who in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's obstruction of justice conviction? They only shredded massive amts of documents regarding Enron's illegal activity.

http://www.kcchronicle.com/mobile/article.xml...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-22...

For those who don't know or recall, simply put: Enron was based in Texas, officers screwed the employees out of their retirement savings, and just prior to going to jail, the big guy Ken Lay put all his money in Trust and died of a heart attack. He got everything, his employees were left with nothing.

Enron's accounting firm Arthur Andersen was based here in Chicago. Andersen took part in and was party to Enron's swindle. Once word got out of the Federal investigation of both companies, so began the shredding of the documents at Andersen. Big no no.

I was working in the same building as Andersen when all hell broke loose and Andersen imploded. Innocent people lost their jobs and big wigs got out with "golden parachutes".

Only in conservative Republican run America can a the conviction of a big corporation which clearly was guilty of obstructing an investigation, be overturned.

If you're going to bash the liberals in put government Denny, it is only fair you give the conservatives you so admire equal bashing.

And PS As a result of Enron and Andersen's dealings, innocent people at both companies lost their jobs and their life savings..... thus becoming members of the "47%" you rail against (I knew many from Andersen)....... The 1% came away with even more money and Ken Lay even hid it in plain sight in Trust.

Interesting because your wealthy elite are the ones who put hundreds of thousands of people in Texas and Illinois in the 47% and then have the gall for blaming them for being there.

That is not my opinion, it is documented fact.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Happy St Patricks Day to all in the Kitchen. Let the green beer and Shamrock shakes flow!
No Way

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find this stuff? I was going to send stats to refute all you pro gun info but figured there's no point.
Sid you know it was the Bush stacked Supreme Court who in 2005 overturned Arthur Andersen's obstruction of justice conviction? They only shredded massive amts of documents regarding Enron's illegal activity.
For those who don't know or recall, simply put: Enron was based in Texas, officers screwed the employees out of their retirement savings, and just prior to going to jail, the big guy Ken Lay put all his money in Trust and died of a heart attack. He got everything, his employees were left with nothing.
Enron's accounting firm Arthur Andersen was based here in Chicago. Andersen took part in and was party to Enron's swindle. Once word got out of the Federal investigation of both companies, so began the shredding of the documents at Andersen. Big no no.
I was working in the same building as Andersen when all hell broke loose and Andersen imploded. Innocent people lost their jobs and big wigs got out with "golden parachutes".
Only in conservative Republican run America can a the conviction of a big corporation which clearly was guilty of obstructing an investigation, be overturned.
If you're going to bash the liberals in put government Denny, it is only fair you give the conservatives you so admire equal bashing.
And PS As a result of Enron and Andersen's dealings, innocent people at both companies lost their jobs and their life savings..... thus becoming members of the "47%" you rail against (I knew many from Andersen)....... The 1% came away with even more money and Ken Lay even hid it in plain sight in Trust.
Interesting because your wealthy elite are the ones who put hundreds of thousands of people in Texas and Illinois in the 47% and then have the gall for blaming them for being there.
There's not a single Republican running the corrupt state of Illinois. Just so you know.

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

St. Patrick's Day has been a lucky one for me,
was cohersed into going to the hospital today,
glad I did, nothing broken, just badly traumatised.
I wasn't aware at the time but I have bruising
to the throat where an object caught me as I landed, lol, Sister considers I was concussed
for a short time. Anyway, done the sensible thing
and my mind is at rest so will leave it alone now..

Superb drive over to the new Cottage Hospital, we had snow this morning and it was good to see the mountain ranges capped in white.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to All....

Have a grand day....:)

Level 3

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
Happy St Patricks Day to all in the Kitchen. Let the green beer and Shamrock shakes flow!
Same to you Quinn and glad to see you in the kitchen. I hadn't seen you for awhile and hoped everything was fine.
Peace and love always.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
St. Patrick's Day has been a lucky one for me,
was cohersed into going to the hospital today,
glad I did, nothing broken, just badly traumatised.
I wasn't aware at the time but I have bruising
to the throat where an object caught me as I landed, lol, Sister considers I was concussed
for a short time. Anyway, done the sensible thing
and my mind is at rest so will leave it alone now..
Superb drive over to the new Cottage Hospital, we had snow this morning and it was good to see the mountain ranges capped in white.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to All....
Have a grand day....:)
I'm delighted you went to the hospital,
I had the feeling you should.

Am VERY glad it wasn't more serious,
you had a lucky escape 'twould seem.

Take it easy now El, for a few days.

Going on on the town now
to celebrate(:

Ta for the wishes.

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Thanks SO much Vee
for such a nice post.

Hope you're enjoying the day too.

I haven't seen DEER WHISPERER for a while here,

come to think of it
i haven't seen TIGER LILLY on the threads either?!

hope they are both ok..

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Grace Nerissa wrote:
Thanks SO much Vee
for such a nice post.
Hope you're enjoying the day too.
I haven't seen DEER WHISPERER for a while here,
come to think of it
i haven't seen TIGER LILLY on the threads either?!
hope they are both ok..
With El's toe mishap and my sciatica, I can safely say that I am blaming it all on your piano!!!!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko,
I think Boomer and I have you beat with our POND. Our back yard for 30 years in the spring is nothing short of a pond. So much so that in 2011 we asked a friend of our that worked for the Department of Natural Resources might declare it as a natural wetland. We had 3 families of geese, 2 families of ducks, rabbits, possums and raccoon families. That's not even to mention the twelve goslings. We have a 300 foot backyard that is half underwater almost every year. I do have to say it is very beautiful but also very annoying. I will post in my avatar for you. We thought about having paddle boats on the pond for the neighborhood children! LOL
Looks like good fishing :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of hard to refute the 2nd amendment Quinn :) I didn't know Enron was a republican and what makes you think Anderson is a Republican? I thought they were an oil company and an accounting firm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,741 - 23,760 of34,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 29 min Kong_ 112,796
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 45 min NorCal Native 15,581
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 46 min 40ish 6,780
Models with disabilities 1 hr night machine 2
In honor of Petal Power 1 hr night machine 79
Banking Question 1 hr Barry 5
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 1 hr Barry 13,004
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Mister_ E 141,195
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr ghost 14,786