“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23849 Mar 6, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting and valid points. Had not considered the historical influences.
we USA didn't rebel against the Crown and we rebelled against taxes with no voice....

our 1st 7 president were British citizens

German a second language , give thought how unlikely that was , as the hessins did the major fighting against the USA

and that the great Canadian realm is also pining to be French

good points where in one's head maybe

good points huh

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23850 Mar 6, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning FC - dry weather at last in UK, so anti-fouling the boat is on the agenda today, unless I get a call for work.
Afternoon, Tony ... hope it's still dry wx in the UK for you and you're still sporting that boat ... Enjoy!...

RAY STEVENS ~ EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL (in its own way)...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23851 Mar 6, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>that was hilarious . and that's just a kid being a kid eh?
Hi Franko ... yep, just a kid being a kid ... and how loyal his pup being patient and waiting for him ... I love that video ... if you don't remember which video I'm referring to, here's a reminder, lol ... Enjoy your day, Franko! <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23852 Mar 6, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony...
I bet you make a mean pot of Chili... I bet that Chocolate does work well to enrich that sauce.. and that the garlic gives it an extra zip...
A lot of people like to add spaghetti or macaroni but I like mine with a ton of meat and beans so I leave them out.. it also allows me to make some serious chili burittos and to use the chili as topping for my chili dogs...
Dang talking about it is making me want to put on a big pot today...
I hope that your day has been a good one so far and that your evening will be even better...
Sending you all my best wishes...
@}-'--,---
Morning Rose Bud ... I bet you're a good cook ... You cook, I'll clean ... Home Ec in 8th grade, Mrs Thornton, said to clean up as you go along ... are you one of those kind of cooks? If not, then you're on your own, hahahahaha j/k ... Well, are you a good cook? Well, you're still among us, LOL ... Good day! FC <3 ...

8187 ... dinner at Rose's tonight

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23853 Mar 6, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
Well apparently I live in Leeds now,I mean of all places Leeds don't think my stomach can handle being a northerner,Wembley was north enough yesterday,but Leeds I mean Leeds!!!!
Anyway ee by gum...
Hi babes! It Leeds you out of town, perhaps, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23854 Mar 6, 2013
DiamondDustedRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony...
I bet you make a mean pot of Chili... I bet that Chocolate does work well to enrich that sauce.. and that the garlic gives it an extra zip...
A lot of people like to add spaghetti or macaroni but I like mine with a ton of meat and beans so I leave them out.. it also allows me to make some serious chili burittos and to use the chili as topping for my chili dogs...
Dang talking about it is making me want to put on a big pot today...
I hope that your day has been a good one so far and that your evening will be even better...
Sending you all my best wishes...
@}-'--,---
same down south ... chili with white onions & the spices (secret recipe) from my M-I-L, Skeeter, meat and beans ... serve over white rice and sweet cornbread ... that'll fill you up ... Skeeter was the sweetest M-I-L EVER!... RIP ~ Skeeter ...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#23855 Mar 6, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
'Morning Grace.....interesting to know, I am sure as an individual
he is a really nice person. I wish him well in his retirement and
also admire his reasons for doing so, which I believe were the
only way he could rid the Vatican of a certain element.
~Interesting El,

From what I heard -
and apart to the religious element..
Benedict is said to be one of the MOST beautiful,
friendly
gentle, kindly and learned men.. it is possible
to meet..

altho as Pope, he appeared aloof and austere!

Interesting the public vs private profile
of a person!!

Sure some on Offbeat think 'I' am a 'B*tch'!!!

when in fact, my friends around here know & see me as a harmless
ole ejit!

lol, ha ha!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23856 Mar 6, 2013
franko wrote:
<quoted text>you were i-saulted?
LOL, Franko ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23857 Mar 6, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't watch footie in those days Tony, must try to find some footage on YouTube out of curiosity.
Rained off doing the patio here, was it Krypteia or yourself remarked the weather can change in a heart beat here?!
Hi Lady El ... much like Texas ... if you don't like the wx in Texas, just wait 10-15 minutes, it'll change, lol ...

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#23858 Mar 6, 2013
FC,

Hope you are feeling on top
form again after recent surgery.

ALL good wishes:

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23859 Mar 6, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I am amazed at how well my poodles understand so much. Some things we used to spell but now they understand when you spell SNACK :)
Good morning, Denny! So, your pups can spell, too! Isn't that the pip ... I have to do sign language now, however, they do hand commands as well, lol >>throws hands up in the air<< can't win for losing, ha!...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23860 Mar 6, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady El ... much like Texas ... if you don't like the wx in Texas, just wait 10-15 minutes, it'll change, lol ...
Ain't that the truth about the weather Flower. Good morning El and all in the kitchen :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23861 Mar 6, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
The sweetest image of your Pack having their treats at bedtime....
they are very lucky to have such a caring owner as yourself Dear
Rose.
I don't have any dogs now, but one time was trained by the Police
to train my German Shepherd, that might sound grander than it actually was, it was a friend who was a Park Police Officer, he trained me to train my dog, within a fortnight and many hours of dedication, my dog was trained to the Police Dog Standard, minus being trained to go for the arm, as it was explained, I would have a lethal weapon on my hands if we went so far.
I managed to reach that level without the aid of a bark collar....:)
In all honesty my friend took me in hand because until that point, it was the classic 'who is taking who for a walk'..that sort of thing, but then he got delusional and fancied his chances at training my Great Dane...we didn't progress very far with that one.
That was all way back when..had many rescues since then, all happy to be just good companions...if they 'sat' and 'down' then that was good enough for me.
Anyway, enough of me, lol..
Have a great day my friend....<3
What a lovely story about unconditional friends of the 4 legged kind ... love reading this kind of material!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23862 Mar 6, 2013
I'm sure there is a lot more good reading but I'm having difficulty keeping up, LOL ...

Lady El ... hope all has been well with you across the pond and all stateside with the others ... Wishing yall a great Wednesday ... those stateside, we spring forward this Sunday, the 10th of March ... My Lantana's are in full bloom, my cacti in full bloom, my pencil cacti are green once again, the purple jew (that's what they're called) are purple once again, the other outside plants are green and healthy ... the pomegranate tree is still barren and the other trees are showing signs of green life as well ... spring has sprung! We had no winter again this year and for that I am thankful ... the sale of the property adjacent to mine when through on Saturday at 1720 when all papers were signed for LESS than the asking price ... the family law attorney brother and the real estate sister GAVE that property away to me and now Jax and PoohBear have their very own yard! Closing is on 4/5/13 ... I'm very happy of the outcome in that sale & transaction ... Wishing all here a very pleasant day ... Have fun & enjoy life! Peace & love ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23863 Mar 6, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't that the truth about the weather Flower. Good morning El and all in the kitchen :)
true dat, Denny;)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23864 Mar 6, 2013
Quinny, Pfttt >>waves<<

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

#23865 Mar 6, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have such a green thumb Grace. Can I hire you as my landscaper?
:)
You might regret! lol

Ali digs holes everywhere!!!(:

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23866 Mar 6, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
~Interesting El,
From what I heard -
and apart to the religious element..
Benedict is said to be one of the MOST beautiful,
friendly
gentle, kindly and learned men.. it is possible
to meet..
altho as Pope, he appeared aloof and austere!
Interesting the public vs private profile
of a person!!
Sure some on Offbeat think 'I' am a 'B*tch'!!!
when in fact, my friends around here know & see me as a harmless
ole ejit!
lol, ha ha!
I'm beginning to miss the Pope already! Isn't it funny how
sometimes we learn of another's better qualities when it is too late. A saving grace in this instance, is he is still around.
Glad you mentioned all of this Grace, far better to think highly
of someone than otherwise.
LOL as to how people might see you...I'm not commentating on that,
been in enough trouble already this week! haha
But I will say that I don't see you as either of those!....:)

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#23867 Mar 6, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
I'm sure there is a lot more good reading but I'm having difficulty keeping up, LOL ...
Lady El ... hope all has been well with you across the pond and all stateside with the others ... Wishing yall a great Wednesday ... those stateside, we spring forward this Sunday, the 10th of March ... My Lantana's are in full bloom, my cacti in full bloom, my pencil cacti are green once again, the purple jew (that's what they're called) are purple once again, the other outside plants are green and healthy ... the pomegranate tree is still barren and the other trees are showing signs of green life as well ... spring has sprung! We had no winter again this year and for that I am thankful ... the sale of the property adjacent to mine when through on Saturday at 1720 when all papers were signed for LESS than the asking price ... the family law attorney brother and the real estate sister GAVE that property away to me and now Jax and PoohBear have their very own yard! Closing is on 4/5/13 ... I'm very happy of the outcome in that sale & transaction ... Wishing all here a very pleasant day ... Have fun & enjoy life! Peace & love ~ FC <3 ...
Flower....so glad to see you in the kitchen..swiping a duster over
the best seat at the table..and brewing a fresh cup of coffee for
y'all...have missed you more than you would think. Your garden/yard
sounds a real splash of colour, must be warmer there than over here, although yesterday was a bonus, with temps as high as 60F..lol. Much as I love the Winter, it has taken it out on a lot of folk...but, Spring is on the way...it's looking good.
Couldn't help but notice you appear to have acquired the property next door....how interesting, glad it all went through to your satisfaction Flower.
Sending my love across the pond, EL <3..

“MEOW!”

Manchester, UK

#23868 Mar 6, 2013
I still have not had the chance to see the movie Lincoln....but a few facts emerged connecting President Lincoln to my home city of Manchester,
Lancashire, England which I only recently became aware of.

I wondered if anybody might care to read about it, although it is a tad lengthy.

http://www.manchester.com/features/manchester...

I copied this extract...

"And so those that could afford the fare made their way to Liverpool and thence to a new life in the land of the free, the truly free (when compared to the feudal society still prevalent in Britain at that time).

With them they took a name - Manchester. Because Manchester, like Lincoln's brave new world, stood for freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of trade and freedom to aspire.
It seems, as the old saying goes, that `you can take people out of Manchester but you can't take Manchester out of the people'."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min It aint necessari... 122,120
Sexy Ebola Nurse & More of the Year's Worst Hal... 53 min wichita-rick 6
'Wasting Time on Internet' Now an Ivy League Class 1 hr wichita-rick 2
Ohio Cowgirls Rocking Horse Club............ (Oct '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,781
Police: Teletubby break-in suspect faces charges 1 hr wichita-rick 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 149,526
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr -Lea- 7,012
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -CatCiao- 22,505
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 5 hr Paisley_Posey 46,048
True or False Game 5 hr Old Sam 610