“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23789 Mar 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Obama just thinks he is a king :)
LOL, D..

maybe he'S RIGHT(:!

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23790 Mar 5, 2013
thanks 'PFfff'
' RM Quinn'.. & 'Denny'..
for excellent replies to mine.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#23791 Mar 5, 2013
El.. The aroma of Blueberry Banana bread is calling my name...with a fresh cup of java..Hazelnut for me..
Lady Gaga...ON the radio tooooo...LET'S DANCE!!

“Hey, Sarge!”

Level 2

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#23792 Mar 5, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
El.. The aroma of Blueberry Banana bread is calling my name...with a fresh cup of java..Hazelnut for me..
Please be careful dancving around with a hot cup of coffee! You don't want to get burned....
Enjoy your boogie! LOL!
Krypteia

Hove, UK

#23793 Mar 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Krypteia...just wanted to apologise for jumping in on a post addressed to yourself....couldn't help myself, lol,'sides which I was on the spot as it were.
Am due in town in half an hour so in a bit of rush just now, so off for now and thanks for the well wishes for tonight's game.
No problem there El,don't think he was meaning to be disrespectful to be honest,I think as an American he was just being curious,must admit I myself don't have very good tact at times,lol
Tony done a nice little piece in history actually a good post in fact..
Anyway will watch the game tonight and of cause the mighty Spurs on Thursday .

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23794 Mar 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Hard to mess them up in a slow cooker :)
You'd be surprised how many restaurants can screw up pulled pork, chili & spaghetti!

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23795 Mar 5, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Indded she probably has, though not as Queen. Her father, George VI, died in 1952, so she didn't become Queen until seven years after FDR's death.
Than

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23796 Mar 5, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>Indded she probably has, though not as Queen. Her father, George VI, died in 1952, so she didn't become Queen until seven years after FDR's death.
My bad time wise

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23797 Mar 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope (whoever is sitting in that role) is by far not a figured head. He is the 'it' man, he is infallible as to his decisions for Roman Catholics, teachings, and tenets.
Don't get me wrong, the scandals and cover ups ..... that's beyond sinful and the responsibility should fall squarely with the sitting Pope --- John Paul covered up a lot. The Pope is the rule maker and translator of the the Bible.
i know plenty who would disagree with u as far as the figurehead thing, but probably more so because of all the sex scandals that we're hearing about. but i know what u are saying.
the church and pope all represent the "good" in life, and each time u read things that present it in a negative way, it tends to tear apart what we once thought of as being infallible, which is sad. but they too are human so..

i remember once a documentary on the history channel i think, that told the stories of how these men of God within the church, would torture - all in an attempt to get the people to join the church. for me, it probably this kind of stuff that has made me a non-practicing catholic. but just because i may not believe in the organization of a church and its ways - doesnt mean i have to give up on the belief of God, but it does make it harder to understand at times. i must admit, i long for the days when questions and doubts didnt play into my mind..
i dont like it, but...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23798 Mar 5, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Has El been holding out on us when she had blueberry banana bread?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23799 Mar 5, 2013
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be surprised how many restaurants can screw up pulled pork, chili & spaghetti!
Mine is delicious :) Want me to fix you a sandwich?

“Scotland The Brave”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

#23800 Mar 5, 2013
Brighteyes9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Lady El.....Thank you for checking out the festival. Your kind words are very appreciated. I have asked our friend to send me a copy of the photo he has of us and as soon as I receive it, I will send it to you. I had a great day and our babies greeted me at the door as usual. Our one tuxedo cat always says mama when I come home and reaches up for me to hold him like a baby! LOL He is so adorable. I hope this finds your babies getting better. Best wishes to the Queen Mother always.
I am quite envious of your daffodils being up, we only have crocus up. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Lots of peace & love always.
Good Afternoon Dear Brighteyes,
I feel dreadful putting you to that trouble, but it really is
very helpful of you and I look forward to receiving the photo.
I did try to pinpoint you and yours....and it was an enjoyable journey! When is the festival btw? I will keep the link so I can check the other photographers also, I was impressed with how
the one I viewed captured the festival so thoroughly.
I too love the description of your Tuxedo greeting you in that manner...don't they say that they know you are on your way home when you are a mile from the house? Such intuition they have.
Our bunch have been enjoying the unaccustomed warmth of the day today, it reached a high of 64F..:) so we had quite a little heatwave going on at one end of the garden, yet at the end near the house, still in shade, everywhere was covered in thick coat of frost, the best of both worlds.
Yes, some daffs are up but the later ones bloom in April...
so it's just the King Alfred which are in full bloom now and the snowdrops....I have vases of daffs in the house too..
Hope you had a good day BE and have an even nicer evening.
Love and Peace.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23801 Mar 5, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
i know plenty who would disagree with u as far as the figurehead thing, but probably more so because of all the sex scandals that we're hearing about. but i know what u are saying.
the church and pope all represent the "good" in life, and each time u read things that present it in a negative way, it tends to tear apart what we once thought of as being infallible, which is sad. but they too are human so..
i remember once a documentary on the history channel i think, that told the stories of how these men of God within the church, would torture - all in an attempt to get the people to join the church. for me, it probably this kind of stuff that has made me a non-practicing catholic. but just because i may not believe in the organization of a church and its ways - doesnt mean i have to give up on the belief of God, but it does make it harder to understand at times. i must admit, i long for the days when questions and doubts didnt play into my mind..
i dont like it, but...
You must always question I think. My belief in God is very different than the church's belief.

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#23802 Mar 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Mine is delicious :) Want me to fix you a sandwich?
Yes please!....:)

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#23803 Mar 5, 2013
'Afternoon all across the pond and 'Evening Grace,
Tony and Krypteia.

I have half an hour before the big match comes
on...the one described on the telly this morning as 'the one the world is watching' lol..

Just one word on the Monarchy' versus 'Presidents
and Primer Ministers' which is.

The difference being is, we have grown up with the same family in Buckingham Palace since we were so high. They are not perfect, but they are dear to us, for all their faults.

My objection to discussing any idea of abdication was, I thought it was bad timing, sure it was discussed a decade ago, but not when HM was hospitilised.

But....everybody is entitled to their own opinion,
it goes without saying, I regret I am not one to
'agree to differ' the phrase is not even in my dictionary. I totally disapprove of discussing
anybody taking over the throne while the Queen is still alive and more than able to rule.

All I have to say on this particular matter except thanks to Tony for such comprehensive information, and to Grace for her remembering, and reminding me, of the love shown to our Queen on her recent visit to Ireland.

Have a game to catch.....

Pleasant evening everyone.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23804 Mar 5, 2013
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes please!....:)
Here on a hamburger bun with a slice of red onion and kettle chips (crisp)and a Kosher Dill pickle :)

“Scotland The Brave”

Manchester, UK

#23805 Mar 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Here on a hamburger bun with a slice of red onion and kettle chips (crisp)and a Kosher Dill pickle :)
Perfect...and just the thing for half time...t/y Denny.

“September”

Level 8

Location hidden

#23806 Mar 5, 2013
Here! What's the story with BANANA BREAD?
haven't that luxury overhere,
I often see Colarado C, sniffing round 'this kitchen'
looking for some(:

Explain a little about it please...

and, in turn,
here's a typically Irish bread
called BARM BRACK, very popular
at Halloween, but can be had all year
round..
note on link>

a few
other interesting recipes to the left hand side:

http://www.foodireland.com/recipes/Bakery/Iri...

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23807 Mar 5, 2013
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>i know plenty who would disagree with u as far as the figurehead thing, but probably more so because of all the sex scandals that we're hearing about. but i know what u are saying.

i dont like it, but...
I am non practicing myself and would not call myself a Catholic. I was merely pointing out that as to religion, the Pope is not merely a figurehead irrespective of everything we hold against the men who run the church. He is THE guy and the next best thing to Jesus Christ as far as the faithful and the teachings go.

I have a minimal understanding of the blending of the British monarchy & parliament. I think the Prime Minister consults with the Queen but I may be wrong.

As far as world and organized religion leaders go, I don't believe any of them are mere 'figure heads' to serve only in the purpose of generating tourism. I think heads of state rule as does the Pope and and their counterparts.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#23808 Mar 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Has El been holding out on us when she had blueberry banana bread?
....and the muffins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word - first (Jun '12) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 6,989
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min ---Word Woman--- 21,401
Ebola in America 6 min Spirit67_ 48
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,063
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 8 min DILF 7,146
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min dirtclod 117,550
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 9 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,137
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Tom2Tone 147,775
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min ZkyClank 6,427
Doctors Remove 9-Pound Hairball From Teen's Sto... 1 hr dragoon70056 8